Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > I am going to ****ing burn your clothes...
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I am going to ****ing burn your clothes... [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#51 Posted: 22:02:43 12/07/2016
Quote: QueenChrysalis
Quote: parisruelz12
>says they aren't racist
>says all white Americans are racist.

kk mate

What are you talking about? That's a double wammy strawman right there. Firstly, not all Americans are racist, we just look down on the rabid patriotism displayed by certain members of your country that give the rest a bad image (And are the people we think of when we see the American Flag). Second of all, when have I ever said I wasn't racist? The only time I would ever say that is to clarify that I don't identify as a Neo-Nazi, because I ****ing hate those guys.

She says this with an MLP pony in a Nazi hat that dark52 has recommended you remove.

[User Posted Image]
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#52 Posted: 22:07:18 12/07/2016
this topic i mean

what even happened

I'm actually confused. Not joking.

But oh well...

'MURICA (n' so on and so forth. whatever..)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#53 Posted: 22:10:41 12/07/2016
>says they aren't racist

kk mate

What are you talking about? That's a double wammy strawman right there. Firstly, not all Americans are racist, we just look down on the rabid patriotism displayed by certain members of your country that give the rest a bad image (And are the people we think of when we see the American Flag). Second of all, when have I ever said I wasn't racist? The only time I would ever say that is to clarify that I don't identify as a Neo-Nazi, because I ****ing hate those guys.

so... are you saying that you are????
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#54 Posted: 22:13:39 12/07/2016
Quote: Seiki
>says they aren't racist

kk mate

so... are you saying that you are????

Explains that Nazi pony avatar!
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#55 Posted: 22:19:58 12/07/2016 | Topic Creator
First of all
Quote:
Ford F-150, the most 'Murican vehicle in existence.

[User Posted Image]
I have to disagree.

Second of all, I think Bumble and I have very different definitions of Patriotism. By Patriotism I mean the "Merica! Merica! Merica!" chant and bull**** like that.

Thirdly, this may come as a surprise but the US flag has a very different connotation outside of America. To YOU the Stars and Stripes symbolize freedom and democracy. To US the Stars and Stripes symbolize colonialism, nation-worship and warmongering.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#56 Posted: 22:21:53 12/07/2016
First of all
Quote:
Ford F-150, the most 'Murican vehicle in existence.

[User Posted Image]
I have to disagree.

Second of all, I think Bumble and I have very different definitions of Patriotism. By Patriotism I mean the "Merica! Merica! Merica!" chant and bull**** like that.

Thirdly, this may come as a surprise but the US flag has a very different connotation outside of America. To YOU the Stars and Stripes symbolize freedom and democracy. To US the Stars and Stripes symbolize colonialism, nation-worship and warmongering.

*cough*americansavedtheaustrailansduringww2though*cough
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#57 Posted: 22:26:34 12/07/2016
First of all

That's a bit of a bad rap.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7118
#58 Posted: 22:30:53 12/07/2016
Quote: Seiki
How might I ask is it "offensive to literally everybody"? Please, educate me.

In this country, Flags = Patriotism, Patriotism = Nationalism and Nationalism = White Supremacy. Also you're walking onto a bus full of black people. Also you're an Asian masquerading as a white supremacist. Also it's not even an Australian flag, for **** sake, but rather the flag of the country that dragged us into a disastrous war because you wanted more oil.

Are... Are you serious?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#59 Posted: 22:43:14 12/07/2016
I'm going to come into this as a neutral party, since I don't feel any particular patriotism towards the US outside of "I live here and it's neat sometimes".

That's because the definition you're thinking of is closer to jingoistic nationalism. An extreme nationalism that proclaims the nation in question the best in the world without question and that all others are inferior, perhaps to the degree of conquest and war. Some Americans do in fact have that attitude, and they tend to be right winged conservatives that the vast majority of Americans on dS here would condemn. That kind of attitude is more likely to be parodied in media than actually be taken seriously, and it goes far beyond wearing a t shirt.
Oh, and that attitude is not exclusive to the US.

Also yeah the US flag has a tainted look to many people outside it. The Iraqi and Afghan flags also have a negative connotation to many here in this country (regardless of how misguided that fear is). If that is something you're openly willing to condemn (alongside the rest of us on here that don't hate Muslims, because we don't), then why are you going to do the exact same thing to us?
To disdain the US for being hateful xenophobic but be xenophobic in your own way towards that country is to contradict yourself and become the very kind of person you dislike from our country.

And that kind of person is not the kind of person you should become, especially if it's going to lead you to make a topic ranting and raving about a Japanese guy (not even American; Japanese) wearing a goddamn shirt of a flag design.

Practice what you preach. And for ****'s sake change your avatar into something that doesn't make you appear more of a hypocrite.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:32 12/07/2016 by CAV
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#60 Posted: 22:55:01 12/07/2016
Quote: Bumblebunnii
You didn't answer my question though, does my patriotism make me a white supremacist?
I'm genuinely concerned, because like I said I need to warn my non-white family members.

I mean.. I.. I don't think I am. I've only ever been to like 8 KKK meetings, and I only wear my white hood on Thursdays.. And I... Oh my SWEET BABY JESUS

First of all, aren't you American? Second of all, there's a difference between being proud of your country and going around boasting how great the country is & having flags all over your car+house.

Hey, when I was in Germany last month, every third car had the Geman flag on it. Does that mean they think Hitler was right because he was German?

>says they aren't racist

kk mate

You... do realize that that makes you sound highly racist, right?
---
Dead
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me