Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
My Avatar is fine (IMPORTANT)
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#1 Posted: 04:59:34 10/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Since I don't know who keeps removing my avatar, I'm going to leave this here.

Quote:
Why don't we just compromise and let me have the same character, but in a Commissar uniform (I'd crop it to make it more SFW)

Quote: CAV
If no Nazi imagery is present and the obvious bits are not shown in your cropping, it's fine.

Leave Aryanne alone.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:06:50 10/07/2016 by CAV
#2 Posted: 05:07:39 10/07/2016 | Topic Creator
It is not an eagle, it is an Aquila. And it is not a Nazi symbol, it is the emblem of the God Emperor.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#3 Posted: 05:09:03 10/07/2016
When I said that I failed to remember that the bird on her hat is a pretty significant part of Nazi imagery, which is, yeah, a no-no. When you PMed me (both times now) about this, you had it right. I deleted your avatars each time now; nobody else.

Also I broke the link in your post since it's borderline NSFW.

Why are you fighting so hard to be allowed to use a character who was created possibly as a homage to the Nazi party?

EDIT: Today I learn it's closer to a Warhammer reference than the actual Nazi bird.

EDIT 2: "Aryanne"
OH COME ON YOU KNOW THAT CONNECTION IS THERE.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:22:24 10/07/2016 by CAV
#4 Posted: 05:40:50 10/07/2016 | Topic Creator
First of all:In real life the Aquila is a Roman symbol. Used by Germany because they heavily identify with the Romans, and have done so since the middle aged (See the Holy Roman Empire, which is not actually Roman)

Second of all: The eagle used by the Germans in WWII is completely different.
The Nazi Eagle Emblem has an eagle holding onto a wreath with the inverted Hindu Peace Symbol.
The Imperial Aquila is a double headed eagle. The head looking to the left is ever watchful of herasy while the head looking to the right is blind (Hence the lack of an eye) to the necessary evil committed by the Imperium (yknow, so that everybody doesn't get their souls eaten by demons and or tyranids).

Thirdly... I'm not even going to try to defend the horrible pun that is her name...
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#5 Posted: 14:48:13 11/07/2016
In everything but that one image the character is 100% Nazi themed, and obviously they are not really a group of people that you should want to be associated with. I would certainly advise that you remove the avatar and use something more appropriate.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 14:53:20 11/07/2016
Pretty much. It's ok if you like the picture but people won't guess you don't have second intentions because of it straight away; saves up arguing or being shunned for the wrong reasons. It's like the hot topic rule in some child-friendly forums, avoid a fight even if you have good arguments.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
WarDoctor42 Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#7 Posted: 15:05:49 30/07/2016
Man,that sucks you that you had to change you're avatar just because the eagle kind of looked like a nazi eagle
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me