Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Wyrms
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#1 Posted: 03:42:09 01/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Once, a long time ago, there were Wyrms. Though they had the appearance of dragons, they had the mastery of a single element each. They remained elusive and aloof, even to the other magical creatures, until one day they just left, leaving no trace behind except for a note, which read, "We will return in the hour of greatest need."

Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into years. Wyrms were nothing but a faint memory. As the centuries passed, few were alive when the Wyrms existed. They became reduced to nothing but a memory. The note had been destroyed, and even the few that kept hope lost it.

Only one Wyrm showed himself to the public: Korrok. However, he wasn't the image of perfection. He was a devilish prankster, and his actions only got worse. He stole gold and gems, made magic items backfire on their users, and even killed a few dragons and gryphons. Despite this, he continually stayed elusive and nobody could catch him.

The remaining Wyrms consulted among themselves. Should they track him down, or was he not enough of a threat? After a few days, they decided to send a few brave Wyrms to go out and form a team to take down Korrok.

Rules
  • I'm assuming you all know general RP rules. If not, you can find them somewhere online.
  • Don't godmod (make your character insanely powerful) or powerplay (take control of other's characters without their permission or use information that your character couldn't plausibly know)
  • This is in a fantasy setting. Catapults are pretty much an upper limit to technology in this situation. No phones/airplanes/TVs/anything else that you wouldn't find in the medieval times)
  • Minimum of three sentences to a post, and make all posts meaningful.
  • I probably won't take any characters who work for Korrok, unless you have a really good reason for it.

• Specific Rules for Wyrms
  • Wyrms only have one element, and absolutely cannot learn any spells other than those of their element.
  • Wyrms have one of these three special attacks: Elemental Storm (a wide-range attack tuned to their element), Elemental Slash (a slashing attack that leaves traces of their element wherever it touches) or Elemental Rage (summons a magical construct made of their element).
  • All Wyrms have no prior knowledge of the world and won't automatically know any towns. No Wyrms currently living have had any past experience of the world outside and don't have any .
  • Character Sheets:

Wyrm Character Sheet
    Name:
    Age: (You don't have to be too specific. Just an age category (juvenile, adult, etc...) will be fine)
    Element:
    Attack: (If you read the rules, you know that this means. If not, READ THEM!)
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Other:

Other Character Sheet
    Name:
    Elements: (if any)
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Other:

My Character Sheet(s)

Name: Korrok
    Element: Disease
    Attack: Elemental Rage
    Appearance: A red, snakelike dragon with green spikes and horns. His right horn has a notch taken out of it. His body is covered in white patterns mimicking ribcages.
    Personality: Though Korrok may appear to be kind and friendly (if a little bit scary) when you first meet him, that illusion is broken once he double-crosses you. He does everything for amusement's sake, and few things fail to amuse him, even death. He sees his amusement as necessary and doesn't understand why the others hate him for it.
    ---
    "sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
    FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
    #2 Posted: 03:47:11 01/07/2016
    Name: Ura
    Element: Ice
    Attack: Elemental Storm
    Appearance: Silver with icy blue along her wing tips. Has icy blue eyes.
    Personality: Quiet, reserved
    Other: I dunno
    ---
    28 STAB WOUNDS!
    Why am I a loser
    Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
    #3 Posted: 14:33:14 01/07/2016
    Name: Audien
    Elements: Dark
    Attack: Elemental Slash
    Appearance: Black with dark red eyes.
    Personality: Mean, rude
    Other: Always says "Yo" instead of "Your"
    ---
    Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
    Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
    #4 Posted: 16:25:43 01/07/2016
    Name: Wuster
    Element: Plant
    Attack: Elemental storm
    Appearance: green, orange and red. His scales resemble leaves. Spiral horns
    Personality: Stays calm no matter what, unless you make him angry. Brave.
    Other: Born from the ground
    ---
    smilie
    #5 Posted: 19:23:27 01/07/2016 | Topic Creator
    All accepted, but Pokemon2, I'd like if you described your character's appearance more (any special markings? Horns? Spikes? Scars?) ! I'd like if someone made a non-Wyrm character, though.

Name: Tidis
    Element: Water
    Attack: Elemental Slash
    Appearance: A glistening blue snakelike dragon with silver highlights, curved horns, and spikes.
    Personality Tidis considers himself to be the sensible one of the group. He is very invested in learning, and attempts to act wise by giving out helpful (not really) tips for situations instead of actually doing something. He dislikes rowdy actions, but will fight if the cause is just.
    Other: His real name is Tidis, but he normally goes by the nickname Striker.

Name: Tsara
    Element: Darkness
    Attack: Elemental Rage
    Appearance: Tsara is a snakelike, dark purple dragon with darker horns. She has two black markings on the edge of her eyes. She normally rests and sits with her body coiled up.
    Personality: Tsara is a trickster, and it shows in her actions. She is daring and playful in what she does, and occasionally teases others if she finds an opening. She's loyal to the Wyrm cause, though at times she doesn't act it.
    Other: None

Name: Casacha
    Species: Dracasus (dragon-pegasus hybrid)
    Elements: Air
    Appearance: Casacha has the base form of a white-furred pegasus, and may be mistaken for one at a distance, but the differences are evident up close. Casacha has a dragon leg stucture, and her hooves are tipped with tiny claws. She also has horns, sharp fangs, and a dragon-like tail tipped with fur.
    Personality: Casacha is more hesitant to be around others, due to her hybrid nature. However, she is really chatty once she can tell she can trust someone. Casacha is by nature kind, but isn't afraid to defend herself with her powerful bite and kick.
    Other: None
    ---
    "sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
    #6 Posted: 19:43:08 11/07/2016
    Name: Diasi
    Elements: Earth (or plant whatever the nature one is) and air
    Appearance: A white griffon with forest green eyes. Is entirely white, except for a few gold feathers around her eyes.
    Personality: Gentle, quiet. Speaks little, but when she does it's worth listening.
    Other: I dunno...

Ta-da! A non-wyrm! If I can have it, that is.
    ---
    28 STAB WOUNDS!
    Why am I a loser
    #7 Posted: 13:52:14 13/07/2016 | Topic Creator
    Accepted! And it's considered plant. In this usiverse (at least), Earth is more concerned with inorganic things of the erath, while plant is concerned with organics.
    ---
    #8 Posted: 23:31:29 13/07/2016
    Kay. I know the word varies depending on the RP, so I wanted to be sure you understood what I meant.
    ---
    28 STAB WOUNDS!
    Why am I a loser
    LegendOfZelda Emerald Sparx Gems: 3787
    #9 Posted: 22:23:07 14/07/2016
    What's the limit on other races and how far can these elements go? Are they along the lines of Chinese alchemy?

And powerplaying is also called metagaming to DND players and hardcore rprs
    ---
    My avatar looks like crap because dark has a stupid 40KB size cap
    ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
    #10 Posted: 13:22:11 01/08/2016
    Name: Wisp
    Element: Wind
    Attack: Elemental Storm
    Appearance: Wisp is a long, serpentine-like dragon that is foam-green. This wise Wyrm usually has a calm expression on his face. He has numerous small sets of wings that go down his body that are blue-green. His horns and claws are white.
    Personality: Wisp is a level-headed Wyrm, and set off on the journey on the idea that someone in the group needed to be a peacemaker. He is stoic, intelligent and tends to be on the pacifistic side. He is also interested in furthering his troves of knowledge by learning things about the world on the journey.
    Other:

Name: Rune
    Elements: Fire, Dark
    Appearance: Rune is a dark phoenix- he has a mostly violet body and wings of dark flame, usually with neon colors lighting them up. The feathers around his eyes resemble a mask (similar to Lugia's). A single, long feather sprouts from the tip of his head, like a ponytail.
    Personality: Rune is a tad grumpy, and because of his species' long lifespan, there is little he hasn't seen. Therefore, he is easily annoyed by young creatures who think they know everything. However, he is willing to help those he deems worthy. Sometimes his knowledge goes to his head and he may seem self-centered. Age has not had much of an effect on his body, for he is still as skilled and reflexive.
    Other:

Name: Dax
    Elements: Water, Poison
    Appearance: Dax is an indigo dragon with a white underbelly. He has silver horns mostly bent at angles while his eyes are a charming lime green. The wing membranes are white as well. His tail-tip is silver and trident-like.
    Personality: He is a flirt and a charmer, and because of his subtle manipulation skills, is usually able to get his enemies to do what he wants. He is also a skilled assassin and mercenary, working for anyone that will reward him.
    Other: If you'd like, he could be a temporary ally of Korrok. If not, then he'll likely mess with the protagonists anyway. smilie
    ---
    Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
    #11 Posted: 01:22:47 13/08/2016 | Topic Creator
    @TheLegendOfZelda

I really have no idea what Chinese Alchemy is, so I can't really answer the question.

Also, I always thought they were different, with powerplaying having ridiculous amounts of powers (like they could beat the bad guy without needing anyone else) and metagaming as knowing stuff that your character couldn't have plausibly found out (like suddenly knowing that Korrok's weakness is water (disclaimer: it is not) when Korrok has never shown any previous aversion or weakness to water, so the only reason that the character knows is because the player knows.)

@shadmetheangel

Accepted! Dax could ally with Korrok, but let's just say that Korrok won't allow a long alliance.
    ---
    ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
    #12 Posted: 03:04:58 13/08/2016
    Sounds good to me! I don't think Dax would prefer a long alliance, either. smilie
    ---
    Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me