Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Reverse Abduction (a Sci-Fi/Slice of Life RP)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Reverse Abduction (a Sci-Fi/Slice of Life RP)
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#151 Posted: 15:51:18 27/11/2016
Hi there Waaksian. If you do chose to continue this, would I be allowed to maybe slip in? It seems early in the RP, so I figure if I do want to join, I should do so before it speeds up.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#152 Posted: 01:44:51 28/11/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: Sure, go ahead! I'd like this to last as long as possible. I'll probably try move the RP along and do a setting change/timeskip soon, tomorrow most likely.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:47:41 28/11/2016 by Waaksian
#153 Posted: 03:53:04 28/11/2016
Name: Howahkhan Dovev

Species: The mysterious species known as the Razott is not a widely known species through the galaxy. Very secretive and adapting a very isolationist personality, they tend to keep to themselves. They hold every secret well and do not share with questioning ears even the smallest of details with ease. These creatures do not seek socialization or friendship, though this does not mean they refuse to accept the notion. They are intelligent and observant merely, keeping close tabs on other species and reserving judgements, not going too close until they know they can see trust. Little is known about the physical appearance of these creatures, as they are widely known for dressing in usually black or white robes and wearing coloured masks. What can be seen of their skin, though, they appear to be mostly blue or purple in colour. As they do not wear foot coverings, their red webbed feet are clear, indicting them to be fish-like in origin. This is further indicated by the fish-like tail that peeks out from under their robes. They are a decently large species, males being around 70 to 80 inches in height and females being around 75 to 85 inches. They're a pretty light species in weight, though, males being around 135-165 lbs and females being around 149-183 lbs. It is almost impossible to distinguish between genders, as height seems to be the only difference. For one unfamiliar with heights, the best method is to ask them to speak. Their lifespan is around 140-160 years. 40 years is when they're fully matured.

Appearance and Attire: She dresses in a very thick, full body robe that is white as snow. The robe is decorated in red trim and effectively covers a good portion of her body. The only parts uncovered by her white robes are her wrists and hands, ankles and feet, and face. However, as she like any other of her species does not want people seeing her face, she chooses to wear a masquerade-like mask. The mask covers her upper face, leaving only parts of the cheek and the mouth visible. It is mainly red in colour, decorated with varying white and black trims and is stylized to look similar to a fish with it's tail fanned out. The parts of her scaled skin that can be seen are to be Prussian blue, and her webbing is Merlot in colour. She is 6'9" and weighs 178 lbs.

Personality: She is incredibly reserved and quiet, usually keeping to herself and not nosing into the affairs of other people. She will often stick to the background, quietly observing the world around her and attempting to learn and piece together how it functions. She does not seek social interaction too often, but this by no means makes her a rude person. Quite the contrary, she is actually a very polite young creature, speaking in a quiet and gentle tone. She is an incredibly good listener, though speaking with her can be unnerving, as it is never clear what she's looking at or focusing on. She's a realist, and often comments on the negative aspects of life simply because she believes one should observe they exist. Her greatest interest is simply understanding why things are the way they are and seeing the world in a realistic point of view, considering the bad, why it is, and why it's necessary. She love to debate others opinions or at least clearly state she feels differently. She refuses to fight others and if faced with a hostile encounter, she will first request the person to leave, then flee is requests fail. She loves going outside, but often sticks to quiet parts of town. Finally, she is straightforward. She will state her point directly with no subtlety directed into the comment.

Brief Bio: Howahkhan is driven by a strong passion to see and understand the world. It was a challenging decision to leave her world behind, especially given the danger constantly lurking in the galaxy. She, however, couldn't refuse a chance to see how other aliens live and exist. Her curiosity drove her to move into a more active community, though she immediately sought ways to keep to herself. She spent years almost completely invisible to others, but has recently started moving out in the open more often, becoming a little more clear to watch others close.

Other: She creates her own hydration using moisture in the air that can be stored in her scales to keep her damp, so even if the air if not moist, she will still have small reserves of moisture.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:55:12 28/11/2016 by Shadow-Cipher
#154 Posted: 18:29:25 28/11/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted! Glad to have you here!
Okay, I'm going to try to move things along. Not necessarily with a big time skip or anything. Just... playing in a new factor.

The night went on as any other night had. Daytime stores began to close, citizens finally laid down in their beds and sleep chambers, and the moons shone dimly overhead, their brightness overtaken by the light pollution. The city, however, was far from being asleep. It was still as active as ever, with hovercraft flitting in between illuminated skyscrapers, and creatures still out and about below them. Even when about to enter the peak of midnight, Town Center was still buzzing with activity.

Although, it is worth noting that some of said activity was less than desirable. There were the typical, occasional illegal doings here and there, nothing that the law enforcement couldn't handle, of course. But this night, there was a mild peculiarity. A lone vehicle hovered directly below a particularly dark overhang connected to one of the taller buildings. It was not a hovercraft, but a ship, designed for affairs both on- and off-planet. If anyone could see it from this distance, or were in a building and room adjacent to it, they could its silhouette. A classic saucer shape, that occasionally blinked its red lights and revealed its color to be of a light, metallic grey.

This wouldn't be the only time a strange ship parked itself suspiciously out of sight. The most anyone could do was report its occurrence to the local authorities if they were worried. Most people would assume that it was simply parking, and for no other reason. No nefarious reasons, at least.
But they could be wrong.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:46 28/11/2016 by Waaksian
#155 Posted: 21:19:58 28/11/2016
OOC: Thanks for accepting me out of nowhere. I know I was a little short notice leaping in. I look forward to being a part of this.
I think you meant below, not bellow, but I can stand to be proven wrong.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#156 Posted: 21:26:58 28/11/2016
As the night went on Icestorm got a buzz and decided he had enough. "Welp I think it's time for me to go. See ya later!" He then went out the door and started to walk towards his home which was also a ship which needed engine repairs.
---
SC
#157 Posted: 21:46:02 28/11/2016
Night was at its peak, and it seemed like most creatures were resting peacefully. In the midst of the night, Howahkhan was awake, her eyes piecing together shapes of varying sizes rising in the darkness. The actions of the day, whatever they may have been, were something she had unfortunately not gotten the grace of being a part of. She had been living within this community for a good while, keeping completely to herself, and the days had passed by like they barely existed. The young Razott found herself waking up one morning with a strange desire, an urge to be a member of the community, to thrive in its light, to walk among its people. With that idea in her head, she found herself fussing over her home, moving things about and placing them in more appropriate locations. It was a small dwelling, and she had many things which quickly filled up every square inch. As such, Howahkhan had spent a few days moving things about, making it more presentable. She was uncertain about ever having guests over, but opted to make the place presentable just in case that ever happened. She was uncertain about the idea nonetheless.

With a sigh, she placed a small figurine on the table, barely able to make out what it even was. That wasn't a concern now. It was sitting in place, and it likely looked good enough. Her house was presentable, organized, and ready to not only receive guests, but also assist her in quickly preparing for going out. Within her mind, she wondered what the people she so aptly avoided were like. Were they pleasant? Were they sociable? Would they want to see her small home? She would discover that tomorrow. She had been up for so late, felt quite tired, but staying up has proved very helpful in getting everything into place.

She was finally done.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:24 28/11/2016 by Shadow-Cipher
#158 Posted: 16:46:51 29/11/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: Thank you for catching my error. I didn't spell check that post, so there was bound to be a mistake or two.

Ixl had taken Ura to Sego Park two hours before. Unfortunately, the only decent band was in the process of leaving. All the others were some combination of annoying, disturbing, and just plain bad. They'd decided they had enough once a drunk, shirtless man stumbled on the stage and bellowed unintelligibly into the microphone.

"I wonder why they don't have any regulations for these kinds of things," Ixl said as they left, passing the archway that bid them a farewell message. "It's starting to get pretty late anyway. Do you want to head off home, or is there something else you want to do?"
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#159 Posted: 18:46:56 30/11/2016
Name: Zyrris
Age: Looks about a young adultish, twenty or so, but is in fact much older.
Species: Rhei- Anthro parasaurolophus looking warrior race with ultra strong skin and an extremely muscular form. They have a presence that brings about different reactions by others. They can make a variety of trills, bellows, etc with their horns, one of which is said to be able to relax and calm those that hear it. Their technology may even rival that of the Conquestrians, with several major differences. They are a warrior race that is ready to live and die for the safety of their fellow, they fear nothing, not even death. Men and women alike make up the warriors of this race. They are the front-line of defense against the coming plague.
Appearance: Dressed in a long sand-colored travel cloak with matching tunic and leggings, he is not at all a frightening figure at a glance. He is tall and built like a tank, but agile and fast. He carries a flute and a harp wherever he goes. Though he is not armed with a weapon of any sort, he is not someone that is to be trifled with. Unknown to any is, a wicked collar still remains fastened to his neck, a reminder of a dark chapter in his past.
Personality: He is a quiet, but friendly, outgoing character. He used to travel the galaxy telling tales to any and all who listen. Always there to help or comfort those in need, he is a friend to friend and foe alike, unless one should wish harm upon another, then they had better watch out.
Occupation: Was a traveling warrior bard and battle tech engineer, but now he mostly tinkers with tech. He is a storyteller and entertainer now that there is currently peace. He used to perform the tales he tells for the public but after his theater was burned down, he rarely does anymore. Perhaps if he is encouraged enough that could change.
Bio: Not much is known about him, save through the tales he tells. More to be revealed in the role play.
Other: Is currently sitting by the fire of the bar with the customers all around him and he tells a tale to them, with much laughter from them.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:27:58 05/12/2016 by Wyrstel
#160 Posted: 01:23:28 01/12/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: That's much better. Your character is well-balanced and will fit into the RP very well, so he's accepted. I do have one remark and a nitpick.

1. I will allow your species to have a strong army. I must say that the details of fights, or fights in general, aren't likely to be touched upon any time soon, since the focus is on Xtorxia and its people. The enemy forces are not even attacking InterGAP itself at the moment, except for maybe the outskirts of it. So whatever it is their army is doing right now, it probably won't be relevant until later. Also note that the Conquesticans are a relatively new threat, so the full extent of their power is not yet known. They could be weaker than they look, or much stronger. We have yet to know.

2. The bar isn't exactly a place where kids would be. Might I suggest that he be in one of the parks talking to a gathering of children? Or if you want him to interact with the people in the bar, have him tell stories to the adults there? It depends on what characters you want to interact with first.

That all said, again, your character is accepted.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:23:31 01/12/2016 by Waaksian
#161 Posted: 07:37:02 13/12/2016
Zyriss pauses as a group of patrons gather around him. Looking toward the group he smiles. "On the planet of Dendarin, a stranger emerges from the ruins of a launched escape pod. High above a great ship blows up raining debris down upon the planet. Their name was Jenaris Hawktwin..." Zyriss says as he starts his tale.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:25:19 22/01/2017 by Wyrstel
#162 Posted: 02:08:31 05/12/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Well, it's been almost a year since this RP has gotten any activity. Is anyone still interesting in continuing this? Should we continue it as it is, have a timeskip, reboot everything, or just can it altogether?
#163 Posted: 03:25:58 05/12/2017
Ooc: i think a time skip. Oh don't forget about the Haven RP.
---
SC
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#164 Posted: 18:46:45 06/12/2017
Room for one more nut?

Name: Leif
Species: Treecko. They're a gecko-like race with plant-based abilities. They're small but quick. Typically cool, calm, and collected (+1 alliteration), they're hard to intimidate, as anyone who glares at them finds that they glare back without flinching. They're often territorial. Like the geckoes they resemble, they can climb up walls and even cling to ceilings. They can also predict the next day's weather by sensing humidity with their tail. They've known about humans for a while, and were once allies with them, but renounced the alliance when the humans started trying to conquer the universe. Being so territorial caused them to fear for their own worlds as well as others.
Appearance and Attire: He looks like a typical Treecko, but wears a collar made out of vines (+1 cuteness).
Personality: Quiet and usually contented, he typically speaks up just to made incredibly lame puns. A bit gluttonous, and an avid gardener. He prefers warm, humid conditions. Suffers from claustrophobia.
Brief Bio: He started wandering when he decided he wanted to see more of the galaxy and discover new plants and new foods. He's only partly settled down.
Other: CUDDLE HIM!!!
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#165 Posted: 22:14:39 06/12/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Your character is accepted, but I feel like I need to elaborate on something. This is for everyone, so I'll probably be putting this in the first post.

The Conquesticans aren't known as "the humans". The reason I put so much emphasis on humans is to let the audience know what's going on with them. The single known faction of humans founded the Conquestican Empire, which consists of many species and races. Humans are only a part of it, with apparently most of the leaders being human, and the only reason they're a little more well-known is because they're the founders. The people of the galaxy-- InterGAP, rouges, and other affiliations-- simply call them The Conquesticans. They're known as a large, multispecies group of conquerors bent on galactic domination. The fact that humans are involved is a simple note.
Now that I'm typing all this, I realize how skewed I made that perception in the roleplay sheet. My apologies.

But anyways, darknessdawn, the only thing that we need to discuss is the Treeckos's past alliance. They can't have been allied with the humans in particular, because their first appearance was with the Conquesticans themselves. They would have had to be allied with the Conquesticans.
The Conquesticans originally came across as being more diplomatic, still having their motives but instead of being aggressive they preached about "universal union" and uniting everyone in the galaxy. Maybe this is even how they gained their numbers. And as soon as they were in possession of a large enough army, they started invading other systems, easing their followers into the idea of war before jumping to such an extreme, of course. Not everyone liked this, and pulled away. Perhaps the Treeckos could have been among them? But be aware, the fact that they were previously allied means that they'd likely be at risk of attack. They may even be battling right now, but their current status is up to your decision.
#166 Posted: 00:48:05 07/12/2017
OOC: Part of the idea is that, much like in the Pokemon games, the Treecko prefer to work alongside other species. However, being somewhat territorial, the moment that Empire began attacking, they began to feel threatened themselves. They didn't want to share their homeworld, only to have allies. Anyway, currently, they're at war with the Conquesticans. And yes, the Treecko were explicitly referencing the Pokemon species.
---
#167 Posted: 00:54:52 07/12/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Alright. I'm glad we could clarify everything. Huh, that's neat. Something about them felt familiar to me, so maybe that's why.
#168 Posted: 01:03:56 07/12/2017
OOC: You didn't recognize them by name? Are you a Genwunner or just not keeping up with the games?
---
#169 Posted: 01:17:07 07/12/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: The latter. My knowledge regarding Pokemon is very limited.
#170 Posted: 01:41:25 07/12/2017
OOC: OK, just checking. Treecko's a Gen 3 Pokemon, from the Hoenn Region. "#252: Treecko, the Wood Gecko Pokemon."
---
#171 Posted: 02:11:17 07/12/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: I remember there being a rule that states that you can't have characters of species that are from other sources, but I'm honestly thinking of removing it. There's no point to keeping everything so rigid, now that barely anyone ever RPs here.
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#172 Posted: 02:05:57 11/12/2017
To be honest I was gone for so long because gaming, work, and... gaming LOL. I had lost my drive to write or even draw for a long time. Work still limits it all, but I'm steadily getting back into things. Not going to promise anything though
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
#173 Posted: 02:10:53 11/12/2017
Off: welcome back! I think.
---
SC
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#174 Posted: 01:57:53 10/07/2018
Name: Etisoppo

Species: The Aligor are a species of humanoid, octopus-like creatures. They possess damp, orangish skin with goat-like eyes, which vary in color. Instead of hair, they have long tentacles that flow down their backs, which can move and work like arms. Their main pair of arms stem from their shoulders like humans' arms, though their hands are clawed. The Aligor lack a nose, and they have two mouths. One is for eating, which is located in the center of their chest, and the other is for speaking. The mouth that is for eating is actually a hole in their chest with a beak concealed inside, which extends slightly when feeding. Aside from these octopus-like traits, the Aligor are largely humanoid in appearance. The most noteworthy thing about them is not their appearance, however, but rather, their expression of emotions. The way they express their feelings is backwards from what is considered normal. They will smile when sad, or frown when happy, et cetera.

Occupation: Aquarist - Etisoppo tends to the aquariums in the local zoo.

Appearance and Attire: Etisoppo stands at about 5'10, with the pastel orangish skin that pertains to his kind and yellow eyes with black pupils. The tentacles down his back end at about his knees. As for his apparel, he often makes a point of wearing tan or brown colored robes.
https://www.deviantart.com/wyl...10%3A1531760422

Personality: Etisoppo is a very cheerful person, which, due to his Aligorian means of expression, means he almost always looks sad or angry. A frown seems to be permanently sketched on his face, and his tone often sounds troubled or frustrated. He can grow a bit discouraged being surrounded by people who portray emotion so differently than he does, but he doesn't let this get him down too often. Very rarely does he smile, for he's not one to get upset or angry very easily. His personality, despite being likeable from an Aligorian perspective, often drives people away, much to his dismay. So he tends to keep himself somewhat isolated, and is a bit wary of new people.

Brief Bio: Etisoppo has always had an interest in marine life, which may or may not have something to do with the fact that he constitutes as marine life himself. Upon leaving his homeworld, he very quickly took a job as an aquarist at a local zoo in Xtorxia. He knows next to nothing of the Conquesticans, and has instead been going on with his life as if they didn't exist.

Other: As an Aligor, Etisoppo needs to dunk himself in water every now and then so he doesn't dry himself out.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:02:21 16/07/2018 by Wylrin
#175 Posted: 03:04:23 10/07/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: Well, I let this stagnate. Anyone still interested in this old thing? Me and some others are planning to brush out the cobwebs and finally kick the plot off.

Also, Wylrin's character is accepted.
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#176 Posted: 09:30:00 10/07/2018
ooc: Well, if this is still alive, I'll hop back in. Sorry that I stopped posting. I remember waiting for someone to reply, and it seemed that everyone else was able to post a lot faster than I was, so I sort of got left behind in a way. But if this is going to be active again, then I'm interested in continuing.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#177 Posted: 20:40:22 10/07/2018
Ooc: I'd like this RP to continue.
---
SC
#178 Posted: 01:24:24 11/07/2018
OOC: Whoa. Actual posts here? Please, bring in the Post Necromancy!
---
#179 Posted: 19:40:07 12/07/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: Alright, cool. So do you guys want to continue where we left off? Most of the characters were in a bar, but most of them haven't returned. I want everyone to be within relative distance within each other so they can interact, so do y'all want to keep that as the meeting place, or do something different?
#180 Posted: 19:46:36 12/07/2018
OOC: Whatever everyone else wants to do is fine with me. :3
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
#181 Posted: 16:19:19 16/07/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: Eh, I'll just keep things simple and leave off of where everyone else was. As for newcomers, I'm not putting any restrictions, but for now try to stay within reasonable distance with the other characters, because it's just easier for them all to eventually meet that way.

"I'm sure glad I don't drink," Ixl had said to himself not minutes beforehand. And yet, here he was peering his head into the establishment, his four pastel eyes darting across the place. Although not so apparent in his face, as it was largely set in stone due to the hard carapace encasing it, his mild apprehension was clear in how he stood frozen in the door's entrance long after the little bell had chimed. He had heard bad things about bars. Stories of violent brawls, alcohol poisoning, blaring ambulances parking on the curb to attend to both... Well, most of those were exaggerations, Ixl was sure. People had a way of making things sound worse than they actually were. They always had a way of making things sound better, as well; such as, how one person had met their best friend at a bar and were inseparable since. In fact, it was this story that had prompted the insectoid's decision to even set foot into the Blue Fairy.

Ixl was concerned that his social life might have been stagnating, as most of the company he associated with were directly from his work and others who shared the apartment building he lived in. In other words, his friends were from encounters that were already bound to happen. He had idly wondered what could come of meeting someone who had no impact on his daily life; perhaps, admittedly, because it was easy to grow bored and weary of how synchronized and predictable it was. After expressing this fleeting desire, someone had recommended this place in particular. She said it was "hopping with activity every night" and that "he'd make a friend or two in no time". Maybe she was here this very night if she had such a high opinion of it. The thought of this placated his nerves for a moment, until he realized that would mean he would probably only spend time with her instead of the whole reason for coming here. No, this had to be an adventure. He was going to meet some new people and--

They were already looking at him! Were they going to say something and start a conversation? Maybe they-- Wait, why were they frowning?

"Oh!" Laughing-- a sound more akin to a cricket-like chirp-- at his own blunder, he closed the door behind him after having stood in the entrance for who knows how long. "Sorry. Letting flies in." Hoping that they'd find his awkward arrival charming instead of annoying-- that was a potential outcome, right?-- Ixl almost idled again just trying to decide where to sit. Should he go to the front and order something? But he didn't like the taste of those drinks. They burned. Who would want to drink something that hurt? Maybe they served water? Would that make him look out of place? Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? Maybe he should sit at one of the empty tables first? Would that make him look out of place? Would that be a-- Shoot! People were so hard to predict!

Sighing and knowing full well that standing there wondering wasn't going to get him anywhere, he decided to stride over to an unoccupied table and seat himself there. That way he could observe the people familiar with this place and gauge how to behave from a safe distance, right? He'd have to see. Making a ball with his hands and resting his chin on it, Ixl started to do just that.
#182 Posted: 16:51:29 16/07/2018
It had been a particularly uneventful day at the aquariums. Or it would have been, had one of the shark-like creatures not tried to eat him. Normally the creatures he interacted with at the zoo were glad to see a fellow fish-like person, or at the very least, they didn't mind his presence. Perhaps swimming into the creature's habitat hadn't been the best idea, but one of his coworkers had dropped something down into the enclosure from above, and it wouldn't do to have someone's cell phone be part of a natural exhibit, now would it? So he'd taken a dive into the murky water, and while he ended up getting back the cell phone, he had lost half a tentacle in the process. Etisoppo wasn't sure what, if anything, potential onlookers thought about a cloud of inky black suddenly appearing in the aquarium as he made his escape. At least his ink defense clouded any blood in the water.

So that had been his day, and needless to say, he was downright exhausted. The tentacle would grow back in no time, but he was rather intent on forgetting that this entire fiasco had happened in the first place, hence his appearance at the bar. Etisoppo didn't drink often, but when he did, he tended to go a little overboard. His alcohol tolerance was... not very, so drowning out any unpleasant memories of today's events wouldn't take much at all. Sitting up at the front of the bar, he ordered his usual drink, a slimy black sludge that tasted about as good as it looked. He didn't so much mind the taste, or its appearance, however. Really, it wasn't about the taste, it was about the effect it had on him. Taking a sip of the drink, smiling a bit at its bitter flavor, he sighed, rubbing his fingers into his temples. Just one sip and he was already feeling the effects of the potent beverage; not that he minded. This is what he'd come here for, after all.

When Ixl came in, "letting in flies," as he put it, Etisoppo also frowned, but not out of malice. No, that was pretty much just his neutral expression. As he watched the newcomer enter the bar, it was clear that they weren't used to this sort of setting. Anyone else probably would have left it at that and returned to their drink, but the Aligor was an outgoing sort. He liked meeting new people, though recently he'd grown a bit wary of it, to be honest. Most people didn't take well to someone who expressed their emotions backwards from how most people did. Then again, the newcomer's face seemed rather set in stone, so perhaps they wouldn't mind his strange means of expressing himself.

Well, that decided it. Taking another sip of his drink, he stood---carefully---and crossed the distance between himself and the newcomer. For a moment he stood there, trying to plaster a smile on his face, but he just couldn't. It didn't feel natural smiling at someone he was trying to be friendly with, even if a smile would be better recieved than his usual expression. Giving up on trying to force a smile, his frown settled back on his face as he asked, in a tone that sounded rather troubled, "Do you mind if I sit?"
---
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#183 Posted: 23:26:28 16/07/2018
Krie was sitting at the bar, her back to the counter while she surveyed the rest of the room. She tapped her paws on her knees to the beat of the music playing, while the skull at the end of her tail picked up a glass and downed another drink. She had already lost track of how many she had, not that it mattered, since she was immune to the effects.

She was about to order another drink, when she noticed another customer come in. The insectoid alien seemed unfamiliar with bars, since they just sort of stood there, and even neglected to close the door. That didn't bother Krie, though. If anything, she was curious as to why they would come here if they didn't normally visit bars. A fly buzzed over towards her and the skull turned to watch the insect fly around. As it drew closer, the skull snapped at it, trapping it in it's powerful jaws. The skull made a swallowing motion and then seemed to look for seconds. When no more flies seemed to dare come any closer, the skull turned back to the counter and rested on top of it, turned towards the bartender.

The Tuvivara watched as another individual approached the insectoid that had just come in. Oh, maybe they were here to meet up with a friend. Krie didn't want to snoop or interrupt, but she did wish she had someone to talk to. She wondered if it would be a good idea to include herself or not. They seemed friendly enough, right? They were even in range, she wouldn't have to get up to even talk to them. Krie then clapped her paws together. Of course, that was perfect! She could ask if she could join them before even walking over there.

Krie opened up a mental link with the insectoid and the fish-like person, connecting with both of them, wanting to ask both for permission. "Hey, is it alright if I join you guys? It's more fun to drink with others, rather than alone." She kept watch from where she sat at the counter, and gave a wave with her paw to get their attention and also give a greeting.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#184 Posted: 01:13:47 18/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Ixl was expecting to be the one to initiate a conversation, whenever that would be. It didn't occur to him that anyone wouldn't simply gloss their eye over him, busy with their own drinks and company. Imagine his surprise when, not one, but two people made contact with him not five minutes after his entry.

When the orange-skinned man stepped towards his table, requesting to join him, Ixl almost tripped over his own words, shutting himself up before he could let anything stupid out of his mandibles. "Ah-- I--" This person seemed... rough. His tone of voice and expression made the Zikn uneasy. Was he angry for some reason? Well, people did come to a bar to get drunk, and in turn, cope with their problems... as unhealthy as that sounded. Maybe it was a bad idea to come here, if the patrons were all in an unpleasant mood. Or perhaps he was being too judgemental and the man simply had a callous demeanor? Ixl was willing to go with that for now.

Hoping that he hadn't taken too long to make a decision, the bugperson nodded, "I don't mind. Go ahead." It was soon after this that something teased at his antennae-- or in his head? Ironically, the discovery of the words he heard to be telepathically spoken failed to jolt him the same way the orange man's appearance did. Ixl was quite familiar with this form of communication, as one of his coworkers could only speak in that way. Although his relief came less from that fact and more from the easy, friendly tone this stranger had used.

Looking around for whoever had addressed him and eventually spotting a creature in a purple cloak waving at them, Ixl nodded again and gestured for her to come over. He mouthed something, not wanting to shout across the building, but considering that he had no lips to read, it was a moot action. He wasn't very good at maintaining two-way mental links, and his telepathic response was likely nothing more than indiscernible garble.
#185 Posted: 22:35:16 18/07/2018
The man seemed a bit startled by his appearance and request to sit with him, and no wonder. Etisoppo's general demeanor must be putting this man off. It wouldn't be a surprise if he was denied access to his table. The thought that his strange way of portraying emotion would deter yet another person from making his acquaintance made him smile ever so faintly. Well, at least that put a smile on his face. Maybe he wasn't without hope after all. When the Zikn finally did accept his request to sit with him, that made the smile disappear, the frown returning full force. Swaying his tentacles in a way that indicated that he was pleased, the Aligor made to sit down with him, but a voice in his mind stopped him in his tracks. Startled, an angry-looking scowl crossed his features as he jumped slightly. Looking around for whoever had prodded his mind, he thought he found the source of the disturbance---a Tuvivara sitting up at the bar.

Perhaps he shouldn't have been so startled at someone entering his mind, but he was unaccustomed to such a means of communication. The ability to enter one's thoughts was one that honestly intimidated him to some degree, though the words spoken---or thought, rather---seemed friendly enough. Calming down from his initial fright, he looked to the insectoid. It was his table, and thus, he was the only one who had any real decision on whether someone could join them. At his nod, Etisoppo glanced back to the purple-cloaked stranger before taking a seat beside Ixl.

Regarding his rather timid disposition with a usual frown on his face, the Aligor asked, "What brings you here?" He glanced to Krie as he said it, as if directing the question at both of them.
---
#186 Posted: 01:27:38 19/07/2018
Meanwhile the sound of turbines trying to start up could be heard outside then a sudden loud explosion followed by smoke and a small fire on the rocket turbines of a rather large house/spaceship. Icestorm came out of a bay door with smoke billowing out of his ship. He was coughing and wheezing trying to catch his breath.
---
SC
#187 Posted: 08:12:26 24/07/2018
Continuing his tale Zyriss enjoys seeing and hearing the interest and delight of others. As a travelling bard, he loves to do what he does. Zyriss pauses as he notices new people enter the bar, but returns to his storytelling and performance, a few minutes later.
#188 Posted: 06:10:40 27/09/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: Well, I have an announcement to make. This RP is getting a soft reboot; that is to say, I've decided to make major changes to the story and setting of Xtorxia. This topic has been open since 2016, and it feels like a jumbled mess with how many people have left and how I decided to change the tone of this story midway. I was never satisfied with what I had in mind for where the RP would go, but now I have a clearer idea of what's to happen in the future of our characters.
While on the topic, no changes need to be made to your characters. They can have the same job, routine, personality, backstory, and so on, as the plot has no bearing on that. Well, save for one potential thing: the Conquestican Empire no longer exists. That's right, there's a totally different conflict going on, and while I'll have to keep it vague for a little bit, it will definitely rear its ugly face in some way early in the RP.
I hope this doesn't bother anyone too much. Once I create the new topic, you all can pretty much continue where we left off if you'd like. Or would you rather start the night over? What do you prefer?
And is there anything I'm not being clear on, or is there any questions?
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me