Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Thrillipede- The Bug has Been Exterminated
Page 1 of 1
Thrillipede- The Bug has Been Exterminated
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 18:59:31 29/06/2016 | Topic Creator
http://skylanders-inquirer.com...-existing-fans/

it's been more than one month since we were supposed to get this guy.

All known USA websites are OOS indefinitely and even overseas amazons are OOS.

If you want, amazon.co.uk is accepting orders for when/if he's back. Big IF on this.

R.I.P Thrillipede. Say hi to the yawn traps, for they are your new friends.

We are now forever stuck with eggcited thrillipede. This is like saying "Oh you're getting a weird al tour" and giving us adam sandler instead.

so yeah. we will miss you, our buggy brother.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 19:18:49 29/06/2016
Time for the next round of collectors ragequitting the series, telling everyone else they're not allowed to like this because doom and gloom.

SC has a thread on that maybe he's getting out of exclusivity this week, but even then, as if anyone's going to wait a few days to reach a conclusion.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 19:23:46 29/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Time for the next round of collectors ragequitting the series, telling everyone else they're not allowed to like this because doom and gloom.

SC has a thread on that maybe he's getting out of exclusivity this week, but even then, as if anyone's going to wait a few days to reach a conclusion.

i saw that thread. seeing as the buzz wing has only made rounds at TRU and amazon, thrillipede is pretty much dead at this point.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 19:49:54 29/06/2016
This lack of late game releases has everything to do with retailers not wanting to stock things that they have been having to put on deep clearance to get rid of - this is in no way Activision's direct fault. I'm sure they would send them out if retailers wanted to buy them. Same with Yawn Traps (although, that was more due to how they packaged traps in non-unique SKU assortments that would just increase the swarm of water and life traps no one wanted).

Skylanders aren't selling right now. Stores are giving them away B1G1 or even B1G2. Stores do not want to spend more money or shelf space on what would likely be immediate clearance, especially if Thrillipede is in an assortment (and no one knows the case assortment I've seen, since they never hit stores). Sure there are several around here that would jump at the chance to buy him, but we are but a small fraction of the market. And most of us already jumped at the chance to order him from TRU for B1G1 20% off.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#5 Posted: 00:13:00 30/06/2016
When I want the final Wave 5 Imaginators Skylander, I'll just have to accept that I will never own it.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#6 Posted: 00:20:21 30/06/2016
U done goofed, Activision.

Oh well, this isn't really like last year. This year, I'll be able to buy him from ebay for a reasonable price. I ought to get to doing that soon.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
RevQuixo Blue Sparx Gems: 937
#7 Posted: 01:55:03 30/06/2016
There are some in stock right now on amazon.co.uk and with brexit, the exchange rate is the best it has been in forever. (I just paid 23 bucks to ship one over).
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#8 Posted: 02:47:34 30/06/2016
Quote: RevQuixo
There are some in stock right now on amazon.co.uk and with brexit, the exchange rate is the best it has been in forever. (I just paid 23 bucks to ship one over).

Thanks for posting this. I was able to order one for $23.40 USD.
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
SlickP Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#9 Posted: 03:40:20 30/06/2016
Quote: DobermanOwner
Quote: RevQuixo

Thanks for posting this. I was able to order one for $23.40 USD.

Likewise!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#10 Posted: 05:28:12 30/06/2016
I just ordered one as well. I don't exactly want him at the moment, but I know I will in the future when I decide to build myself a complete set of SC figures. It's totally worth paying about $10 more than retail now and not worry about his being overpriced later. And if I decide not to build a SC set, then I will probably flip him for a Sky 7 or 8 starter or something. LOL!
---
Stay Cool!
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#11 Posted: 13:25:49 30/06/2016
Here in Canada I found a nearby EB Games that received some. When I went in and talked to the store manager (who happened to be working that day) he said that only 16 stores in all of Canada apparently got them in, and the only reason they did was because the store owner wanted one for himself so he made sure his store got a box. Happy I was able to get one, but seriously unhappy with they lack of proper distribution
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#12 Posted: 02:57:51 14/08/2016
I ordered one on EBay for $50. Got it and it was a European packaged one. They used the same mold as the Easter one. Thus no grenade in the middle hand, no grenade pin in the mouth and no grenades on the belt.
That's Strike 2, Activision.
The first, the Yawn traps. Now Thrillipede?!
Shame on you!!!
I'm praying you don't screw up for SI, or you might lose customers.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#13 Posted: 13:20:09 14/08/2016
Quote: Insane01
I ordered one on EBay for $50. Got it and it was a European packaged one. They used the same mold as the Easter one. Thus no grenade in the middle hand, no grenade pin in the mouth and no grenades on the belt.
That's Strike 2, Activision.
The first, the Yawn traps. Now Thrillipede?!
Shame on you!!!
I'm praying you don't screw up for SI, or you might lose customers.

This really isn't all that unusual, nor shameful. Wave 5 has always been scarce all the way back to the very first game (Wham Shell, remember? Or S2 Drobot?). The main difference is Thrillipede didn't get an in store release. But people seem to forget (or not know) that he DID get a release in the US, online via TRU. Everyone was warned not to wait for a store release on this forum - repeatedly, because it wouldn't be plentiful. If you waited expecting to be able to buy it in store, blame yourself, not stores that do not want to lose money or Activision that cannot make stores buy stock that won't sell. I'm typically a very pro-consumer kind of guy, but this stuff is kind of silly.

The main problem here is stores are having to sell Skylanders for major discounts, or in the case of TRU give you two more to get you to buy one and even then they aren't moving much. Is a store going to stock more Skylanders when they aren't going to make any money on them? Just so people can fill their urge to complete a collection?
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#14 Posted: 14:06:02 14/08/2016
I was lucky enough to get one from TRU online back in May or June. But the fact that this sort of thing has happened two games in a row, with the last figure or figures being very limited is a bit worrying. Let's hope they don't shoot for three in a row.
#15 Posted: 14:16:13 15/08/2016
Quote: GinjaNinja
I was lucky enough to get one from TRU online back in May or June. But the fact that this sort of thing has happened two games in a row, with the last figure or figures being very limited is a bit worrying. Let's hope they don't shoot for three in a row.

It is going to happen unless the franchise comes back A LOT for Imaginators. Every year interest wanes earlier and earlier, this year it happened prior to Thanksgiving with big price drops. I would be VERY leery to try and do a full collection this year. If the bottom falls out too early, you might be looking at a wave 4 and/or 5 not coming out at all due to retailers lack of interest (as with Thrillipede). The new gimmick this year is really neat (in my opinion), but it also makes it so people do not need as many figures to have a variety of play options.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#16 Posted: 14:57:34 15/08/2016
I got him for £5 when they reduced. They used to have a load over here, I think more than Buzz Wing. That's why I'm not looking at this as a Yawn trap situation, as he's a lot more common than them. There a still a lot of similarities though, like the ridiculous prices online and being sold at all in some places.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:58:19 15/08/2016 by Spyro Lover122
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#17 Posted: 00:33:18 24/08/2016
So I guess he's really gone, huh?
Disgusting.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#18 Posted: 03:46:33 24/08/2016
Yeah, he seemingly wasn't released in my area, nor was Buzz Wing! At least his vehicle can be found online for msrp, most of the time. I've just been holding out on buying it full price in hopes it'd eventually hit store shelves (always a discount happening these days) or go on sales online.

At least the Easter variant is still plentiful...
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#19 Posted: 14:59:37 05/09/2016
I'm so angry...
Let's storm Activision with pitchforks and torches!
WHO'S WITH ME?!
[User Posted Image]
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#20 Posted: 15:06:15 05/09/2016
I feel bad for bashing on GameMaster about this. My faith in Activision just went down several notches
#21 Posted: 16:06:38 05/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd
I feel bad for bashing on GameMaster about this. My faith in Activision just went down several notches

he was half right...
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#22 Posted: 16:29:39 05/09/2016
[User Posted Image]

-----
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#23 Posted: 16:56:12 05/09/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW
[User Posted Image]

-----

EX-TER-MIN-ATE THE PUBLISHERS
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:00 05/09/2016 by Kat-Kun
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me