Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > This is Actually Good Criticism... Or Maybe Not.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
This is Actually Good Criticism... Or Maybe Not.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#51 Posted: 16:12:23 29/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
See what I mean about giving fuel? If we start talking **** about him with an account here, he'll hold up as proof that we're all big meanies.

Y'know what we could really do in response, tho? A true Skylanders series review. Get Aura or someone else with a big channel,set up a community effort talking about the pros and cons of each game in ghe series, what brings us to it, if it's worth for newcomers to have some expensive fun, and where to start. Who cares about an outsider trying to hold it up againat his impossible standards? Get really invested fans and real facts.

That's a really good idea. I would love a retrospective of the series.

Also. sorry, for bringing it up.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#52 Posted: 16:16:38 29/06/2016
It's on topic, don't mind it. I don't mean you, I mean anyone coming up to him on twitter/youtube and insulting, or saying anything really because it's obvious he doesn't take criticism at all.

This has really been gnawing on the back of my mind because he had to gall to call it a review when I bet you he didn't touch any good percentage of the series,if he touched a single game at all. Review and retrospectives are about your experience, not your feels.
We could get two people to talk about each game(one liking it,one disliking it(not hating that'd be counterproductive, so don't call me for SF negative) and a small sentence about the series as a whole, and have the video neatly organized per game and overall so people can check it out quickly.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:22 29/06/2016 by Bifrost
#53 Posted: 16:20:49 29/06/2016
I mean, he played 3 hours of each game in the review. He says SSA and Swap Force were fun but the rest were more of the same. I didn't think it was fair because clearly he was speaking like he played all of the games in a row (which he did) and weren't judging them as a standalone experience. Clearly, if you play nothing but the same franchise, you're going to be bored after a while. That's not a mark of quality on a series at all.

Also, he made the Mario Kart comparison for Superchargers which... whyyyyy?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:22:31 29/06/2016 by TheToyNerd
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#54 Posted: 16:22:49 29/06/2016
Thing is, you can play 100s of hours of the same franchise, but if you've already decided to dislike/hate it, little is gonna change your mind.
#55 Posted: 16:30:05 29/06/2016
Quote: yelvy
Thing is, you can play 100s of hours of the same franchise, but if you've already decided to dislike/hate it, little is gonna change your mind.

Pretty much. And 3 hours is just dipping your toes. You don't even know half the story - actually that's something that always bothers me on reviews that everyone is like 'lol don't care' or 'generic babby fantasy' when it comes to it despite the setting and the lore being pretty big in the series, that should be talked about at least in the mood of 'saturday morning cartoon applied to laws of physics' which gives a lot of the series' direction in few words.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:30:34 29/06/2016 by Bifrost
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#56 Posted: 16:32:50 29/06/2016
I want to know,sorry if I derail a bit but I m I right with what I said?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#57 Posted: 16:51:55 29/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I don't know if calling a Skylanders fan for making reviews is the best option. As much as a fan is the one who know about the series, they might get a bit biased towards the games. The best option for me is someone more "neutral", who doesn't hate nor is a fan of the games, so it can do a less biased review.
---
Bruh
#58 Posted: 16:54:26 29/06/2016
...To Stuff and Nonsense! Ok the issue is that they don't care enough about Skylanders to actually play to begin with. Someone who played every single game is bound to like it a bunch.

edit: oh boy we're having more people with strangely similar thumbnails doing the same type of video. Kinda regretting starting a comic project right now because my hands are full.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:30:54 30/06/2016 by Bifrost
#59 Posted: 18:34:22 30/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
...To Stuff and Nonsense! Ok the issue is that they don't care enough about Skylanders to actually play to begin with. Someone who played every single game is bound to like it a bunch.

edit: oh boy we're having more people with strangely similar thumbnails doing the same type of video. Kinda regretting starting a comic project right now because my hands are full.

Wait, do you mean more Skylanders hate vids? or Skylanders retrospectives?
#60 Posted: 18:39:38 30/06/2016
Another guy going 'Crash is on the series I hate, everything is ruined'.

Well, I did a thing a few months ago but didn't post here to not ride on the Missed the Point meme train when it was popular,but it's a darn good time now.

[User Posted Image]
---
#61 Posted: 18:48:21 30/06/2016
Ah, yep! Found it aaaaaaand gonna have to take a rain check on that! Kids and rant vids don't go well together.
#62 Posted: 00:36:13 13/09/2016
This post is filled with so much hypocrisy that it actually physically hurts...

Hate to bump this thread for the millionth time but goddamnit does this actually piss me off. So, Haedox can make a 15 minute video crapping on a game series for stupid reasons, but when we point out that he hates the game for stupid reasons, we're the bad guys. Yes, a lot of small children have attacked him for equally stupid reasons but are you really going to fault them? Like, actually though... You are so conceited that you feel it necessary to harrass a show runner for no reason and then point the finger at us for being so "unreasonable".
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me