Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Best Ultimate card
Gearshift15 Green Sparx Gems: 214
#1 Posted: 13:43:23 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
So I have one golden ticket to spend, and as it will most likely be the only one I earn I am trying to figure out which card to buy with it. I am definitely leaning towards a skylander, but would like some imput on which one.
Thank-you
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#2 Posted: 13:56:52 05/06/2016
This is a good question. It would take many scans to get your next ultimate ticket (5 for a rare, 5 for a epic, 5 for a rare and then 5 for an ultimate)

Are you buying a lot of real packs so you have a good chance to get some on your own? If so, I would wait until you know what you would get.

However, if that is not going to happen and you want to enjoy something now.

The following are the best ultimate cards that I use in fights: Sap of the Ancients, Waterfall, and Tribal Lore. Some other ones are cool but I would choose those 3.

As far as skylanders go, it seems that Flashwing is pretty easy to get in the game, at least it was for me. Could just be random. Flashwing is the skylander that I fight the best with. Tree Rex is surprisingly useful with access to life spells and then healing especially if you use his party spell and then healing. Ninjini, Whirlwind and Krypt King seem to be the hardest to get so any of those 3 would be wise.

If you put me on the stop, its hard to resist a Skylander, I'd probably take Flashwing if I did not have any ultimates yet. Any of the ultimates I mentioned would be awesome.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:57:44 05/06/2016 by lamoracke
Sprite Red Sparx Gems: 40
#3 Posted: 14:28:10 05/06/2016
Spell cards might help you win more games, but Skylanders will let you experiment with more cards. I say go for a Skylander.
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#4 Posted: 15:16:05 05/06/2016
I'd personally hold on to it as who knows if there's future content where there's a must own Ultimate card. Kinda getting ahead of myself there but as for the current cards.....

I'd say Sap of The Ancients is one of the best cards in the game. It's main weakness is that its a very slow card since you need 8 crystals to cast, so the question you need to ask yourself is, can my team comp last long enough and which character card do I want ideally in the late game? It's a heavy control spell so keep that in mind when building your skylander composition.

But at the same time it can be game changing in a humongous way. I just Vs'd against a player who had a Tree Rex that was under 100 HP as the last remaining character against my last remaining Skylander, Spitfire. Undeniably, he drew into Back To Your Roots after casting SoTa. You can probably tell what my reaction was.

Speaking of which, I'd say both 5th Degree Burn and Brimstone of the Fire Element are highly valuable. The latter is a bit more technical to use since ideally you want have more than 4 crystals to use it in combination with burn spells (similarly to Arcane Prism) but the former is just so flexible and annoying for the opponent since there's no way for them to reduce the incoming damage let alone heal that target for 1 turn.

So overall here are my top picks.

#1 Sap of the Ancients
#2 5th Degree Burn
#3 Brimstone
#4 Waterfall
#5 Call To Arms
#6 Tribal Lore
#7 Arcane Prism
#8 Meteor Strike
#9 Touch of Darkness
#10 Arkeyan Battle Armor
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#5 Posted: 22:58:26 05/06/2016
I don't have a recommendation at this point. I'm finding fun and performance from all of the Skylanders I've used. But Flashwing is up there...

Lamoracke basically One Turn Killed me with Flashwing's reflect damage card. I learned a good lesson that day... one of my only losses! Then he rejected a friend match when I had a Flashwing deck on smilie So maybe something Flashwing related?
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#6 Posted: 01:40:59 06/06/2016
Oh, was that you who did that 300 damage to me with Flashwing in the lead and I had that spell ready? I admit, I did enjoy that.

Yeah, sometimes am not in the mood for a match as am doing some testing or do not have the time. It was a good match though. One can definitely tell the bots vs the real players.

Flashwing is nice, but you have to be patient with her, gotta save some of her cards until 7 crystals.

Still, its tough to randomly play folks as I often have cards in my deck I do not like, like in that battle, thorncaster. Having to play that card instead of say Douse is such a waste of a turn.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:46 06/06/2016 by lamoracke
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#7 Posted: 16:49:47 06/06/2016
As far as I can tell, bots all have the name of a Skylander followed by a number
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#8 Posted: 23:12:38 06/06/2016
I used mine on Tree Rex, and I'm not regretting it one bit. He's a HP tank and plays great. Tho I might be a bit bias as Tree Rex is my favorite skylander. My main team is Tree Rex, flashwing, and Spyro, Tho I sub out Spyro for other skylanders as daily quests require. So I would say ether Tree Rex or flashwing, as both are fun to play and realy good.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#9 Posted: 23:20:15 06/06/2016
Tree Rex is nice, but I just feel his 5th card is a waste of time.

Actually, I think you are right, most of the bots are the ones with the numbers at the end, but there are exceptions. If you ever play KnightLight 2288, that looks like a bot, but that one does not play like one. THRILLIPEDE5537 was the same boat. Now, both of these names were before the pvp revamp May 24th so maybe now such things do not happen. However, someone could use a name like FLASHWING#3535 just to lull you into false security.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me