darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Character Creation, to What Extent?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Character Creation, to What Extent?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#51 Posted: 20:49:51 01/06/2016
the return of the lights makes me happy
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#52 Posted: 21:04:10 01/06/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Tigorus
Quote: PwnageFTW

Nah, Activision said a while ago they plan on making 10 - 20 games. It's far from over, my friend.

Didn't Infinity say they had vast plans for the future as well? I don't take anything for granted anymore. If Disney can throw in the towel without notice, anyone can.

I don't want the franchise to end but I'm a little apprehensive this year.

I think we'll see that while the idea of infinite possibilities is alluring, this will be overall a nice distraction. It was kinda worded in their video that this was kinda the "ultimate gimmick" so it gives that tinge of finality here. That being said, sales will rule the day and I suspect we'll see at least a 50% uptick in sales this year (3 million will be my estimate). At least. Kids are gonna love this idea A LOT MORE than vehicles. Vehicles are more of a male gender thng and this idea will inspire all to want and try this out. And who can be repulsed by cool lightcore figures? I also think the show will help promote the game.

I'm simply happy we aren't going to be forced to do anything. Heck I can stick my S1 Spyro on the portal and play the entire game with nothing else.

I do think they went in thinking this will be the last game--hence the possibility of a Kaos figure, etc. But I also think they might wait to see how it does. However, given the games are on two year development cycles...if we haven't heard the announcement of Sky 7 yet, then it's fair to say they've either already cancelled the series after this entry or giving it a year hiatus.

Yeah ultimately the money this game makes will do the talking for future installments. I do love this idea but how many kids/adults will be allured by an empty hourglass that's supposed to represent your uniquely designed Skylander. They usually approach each entry under the assumption that you're new to the series. They've typically been more concerned with attracting new players than keeping existing ones. Will the potential of your imagination represented by an empty hourglass be enough to attract new players...I doubt it. The figures are always the main draw for new comers...their marketing is based on this. That being said maybe this entry will have some nice considerations for us veterans who know this franchise's potential. I'm personally not swayed by the empty hourglass and am frankly inspired by the "blank canvas" aspect it represents. This one will be interesting to see how it unfolds. I hope it does well.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:07:32 01/06/2016 by Tigorus
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#53 Posted: 21:07:24 01/06/2016
Quote: Nightmoon

To me, it seems more like:

Primary Power: Pick 1 basic power, with all customs having the same selection of powers to choose from.
Elemental Power: Pick up to 4 (requires unlocking) powers from a list based on the Element of the crystal.
Secret Technique: Pick up to 4 (requires unlocking) powers from a list based on the Battle Class you chose.
Soul Gem: Like with Primary, 1 power from a universal list, but end-tier, rather than Primary's entry-tier.

Yes, other users think alike. It seems after selecting one of the slots a wider list of selectable powers appears. It's a relief tbh.

Quote: Drek95

I think there are more options if you select the different upgrades.
You probably have to unlock them by leveling up, but then you can choose the one you like.

You are right. The guy in the video entered the selection screen but didn't made any selection in fact, so it was pretty misleading. But most people seems to agree that there is wider list of powers to choose from.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:12 01/06/2016 by angelg
#54 Posted: 22:48:58 01/06/2016
I have a new concern now. Have we seen any footage for quadrupeds Imaginators? So far it's been bipeds only. Now granted it's day one so not exactly flipping but man I would love the option to create some funky quadruped Skylanders lol. I did notice Camo's tail as an option but who can say if we can make our own dragons...oh please say yes lol.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:51:29 01/06/2016 by Tigorus
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#55 Posted: 22:52:33 01/06/2016
I have a new concern now. Have we seen any footage for quadrupeds Imaginators? So far it's been bipeds only. Now granted it's day one so not exactly flipping but man I would love the option to create some funky quadruped Skylanders lol. I did notice Camo's tail as an option but who can say if we can make our own dragons...oh please say yes lol.

No quadrupeds though you can have transluscent legs or floating tails for legs.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#56 Posted: 22:56:14 01/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost

No quadrupeds though you can have transluscent legs or floating tails for legs.

No quads. for sure or that we've seen? That is interesting on the invis. limbs though. I really wanted to make a turtle dragon quad. but I'm sure I can make something like that as a humanoid.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#57 Posted: 04:07:08 02/06/2016
No quadrapeds, as mentioned a few times before on this topic.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#58 Posted: 04:08:20 02/06/2016
Quote: Cynderfan507
My biggest concern is whether or not we'll have the option to make quadruped Skylanders. I really wanna make my own dragons. I'll probably get the game either way, but being able to make dragons and other four-legged animals would just make the game for me.

Same I REALLY hope they make it....Hell I'd even be o.k. with this as an expansion from an Adventure Pack or something...I just want it in there lol.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#59 Posted: 08:48:42 02/06/2016
I still intensely hope quadrupeds will be a super E3 reveal.
TfB seems to really want to give us the widest possible freedom but I would honestly understand if that simply turned out to be too much complicated.
The editor still gives more options than the ones I was hoping for (apparently you can remove legs entirely and keep the tail as your only lower part, which is awesome).

Regarding the future, Jeff Poffenbarger (and Lou as well, I believe) seemed to be already thinking about the next entries, specifically saying they want each gimmick to blow away the previous one in terms of creativity and innovation.
I think they definitely made it, this time.

I am also expecting the seventh game announcement a month or two after Imaginators releases.
Don't think we've ever received it before the last entry was out.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#60 Posted: 08:58:38 02/06/2016
Looking at how the Imaginator skeleton works, dunno if it allows to change to quadruped, the animations have to all follow certain proportions. But maybe some special mod that gives you floating weapons or just centaur-y legs...
---
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#61 Posted: 10:14:49 02/06/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: CountMoneyBone
as i understand it if you want to make a specific element character. then you will have to buy that specif element crystal.. 10 crystals thats like 100 dollars right there.

There's also the unknown variability of the crystal design itself, like the traps. That's going to be a fool's errand, though. If they come out with 4 designs per element that's $400. smilie

Personally, I'm going to be fine buying the figures and villains (no variants) and sidestepping the creation process. If my kids want a couple to play around with the feature that's fine but not going there this year. The idea is awesome, love the lightcore aspect of the toy, but it's very much on rails for kids. They still haven't addressed / communicated the game content yet, so there are still quite a number of unknowns. At this point I'm going to go with "more of the same".

Still, this year already promises to blow away last year's entry. The fact that we're getting basically 3 gimmicks and all of them are optional is a TREMENDOUS step in the right direction. We're able to pick and choose which ideas to adopt.

It's nice to have that many gimmicks but if anyone decides to blow 400 bucks because of different designs, they can't complain later when the next game nerfs them. For all we know this might be the last normal entry and maybe that's why they're going all out with the gimmicks. giving people faved villains as skylanders, create your own, senseis...looks like its all out this year and they're actually working for the money.

Quote: Aura24
No quadrapeds, as mentioned a few times before on this topic.

and this is what can be a deal breaker for me and others and shows with the dev cycle where they should've taken more time. it's lazy if you can only make bipedal when 80% of skylanders are quadrapeds and it's what most are asking for when something like this comes out. The bipedal one shown looks just awful. I don't think they can blow away people with gimmicks anymore.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:19:25 02/06/2016 by tigerdr
#62 Posted: 11:01:18 02/06/2016
80% quadrupeds is a hilariously wrong statistic. That's for bipeds, maybe 70%.

Also, there isn't a "bipedal one". You have sliders like in JRPGs to have whatever proportions and thickness to each piece as you'd like, it just has to follow the skeleton of "arm needs to be in the air for swing" and whatnot. Misinforming yourself to hate the game will just feed confirmation bias.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me