Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Realism (or lack thereof) in Skylands [CLOSED]
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#1 Posted: 03:45:13 25/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I just think it'd be kind of funny to take a step back and realize all of the bits and pieces of anything Skylanders related that doesn't quite make sense.

Most obvious things to point out are things like Flashwing or Sunburn's lack of flight skills, or how exactly the Giants are roughly the same size as the Trap Masters.

Just little nitpicks that bother you are what I'm looking for

Like why can't Hot Head, Magna Charge, or Freeze Blade technically be Land-based Superchargers
Or for that matter why can't any Swap Combo with Zone or Jet technically fly.

(For a lot of these the answer is simply going to be because the devs wanted it that way or something along those lines so there's really no point in bringing that up)
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2 Posted: 03:52:29 25/05/2016
Being a Supercharger means you pilot a vehicle powered by a Rift Engine. I'm pretty sure V.V fixed the Trap Master sizes in Superchargers, correct me if I'm wrong; as for the trap master figurines, they have no excuse for that other than the fact that TfB is obsessed with giants and they needed to make them $15 somehow. What I wanna know is how come Eon never built some defense to stop the skylanders from being sent to Earth smilie (though I guess canonically their mind doesn't always stay in the toy, which explains how they can stay in skylands.)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 08:43:58 25/05/2016
The answer to these questions and many more: it's a videogame.

Flaahwing and Sunburn fly in the side stories, they weren't given the same easter egg as Knight Light and High Five because it just didn't cross the devs' minds I guess.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:44:16 25/05/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 09:32:24 25/05/2016
I don't understand what you mean regarding Zone and Jet's ability to fly.

They are constantly flying, there would be no need to make them "fly more".
Both characters also touch the ground under certain circumstances (Blast Zone when shooting fire and any Jet combination when using melee attacks) so they are basically the exact opposite of any other character: they always fly and sometimes land or walk.

Hopefully TfB will keep the Trap Masters as they were in SuperChargers, in the sixth game.
I really didn't like how they were as big (if not bigger) than certain Giants, in Trap Team.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#5 Posted: 16:23:08 05/06/2016
I hope all the models in Imaginators stay as they were in Superchargers. Except for the Trap Master's traptanium weapons, that is.
---
Boop me if you see this.
ShadowThePika Red Sparx Gems: 57
#6 Posted: 04:37:00 13/06/2016
Skylands lost all realism when it had a FLOATING SEWAGE ISLAND.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me