Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I'm Downloading the App...
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 03:13:41 24/05/2016 | Topic Creator
To make sure everything is working perfectly.

I'm usually not fond of new apps because I'm very wary that they may crash at will. But as it's downloading, answer me this: Have you gotten crashes from this app yet? I haven't gotten any card packs yet and I want to make sure I don't waste my money on a game that is not even functional.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#2 Posted: 03:41:18 24/05/2016
I can vouch that the game has crashed several times if not is still plagued with several bugs whether it be platform or device specific issues.

I think your point about wasting money is kinda moot since you're already getting alot freebies from the Daily Spin / 3-pack from the shop so I feel that spending real money is not absolutely necessary when you start the game. If you're worried about progress/saved data, as long as you are logged into your Google Play / Game Centre, the saved progress will always be functional.

P.S. I've reinstalled the app many times and not once has my progress ever been wiped.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#3 Posted: 04:49:09 24/05/2016
I asked this question on a different thread, but still haven't received an answer that works for me. How do I go about making it so that my son and I are not playing with the same saved game. He has an Apple ID that is tied to my family one and he has his own Game Center ID. I am not sure why the game is making us play the same saved file. This does not happen for any other game.
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#4 Posted: 05:43:30 24/05/2016
@griswordthunder

I'm no iOS/Apple expert. But have you tried creating a new Apple ID for your son that is not tied to your family one? (i.e. current email address).

From what I understand, even if he has his own Game Centre ID despite having his own Apple Login. The progress will always be replicated through the main holder which you refer to as "family one".

My suggestion would be to.... (1) delete your sons email/ID associated with your family one and (2) create an entire new Apple ID for your son and (3) then relink your sons email address to that new Apple ID and then create the new Game Centre alias.

Again, I'm not too clear about this situation since I'm sure this problem applies universally to other games as well. If anything goes wrong, please don't hold me accountable.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:46:10 24/05/2016 by JJAtelier
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#5 Posted: 15:09:17 25/05/2016
Your Apple ID is set for everything on your phone, especially through Game Center. You can't just have a particular Apple ID for just one game. If he changes the Apple ID to one that isn't connected to the family account, then he'll lose access to a lot of features (and possibly even to some of his apps). The family account is set up so that the main account can purchase an app, music, etc. through iTunes and all accounts connected to it has access. You can also control purchases made on other accounts. I'm sure they don't want to remove that. By them having the game save set to the main account in the family share is a dumb idea. It should only be connected to the Apple ID associated on that device.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me