Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Death mortality higher rate in homosexuality than heterosexuality?
Page 1 of 1
Death mortality higher rate in homosexuality than heterosexuality? [CLOSED]
Bimle Ripto Gems: 135
#1 Posted: 18:25:37 20/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I found a research that says they will not live in terms of 65 years old?. This is in context of HIV/AIDS. Does this mean hetero live longer if they get affected by AIDS? Or am i misunderstanding this article?. I am just wondering if someone can clear this up for me. And thankful for the help i can get.

http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/26/3/657.abstract
http://skeptics.stackexchange....n-heterosexuals
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:39:26 20/05/2016 by Bimle
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 18:52:01 20/05/2016
Quote: Le Article
In a major Canadian centre, life expectancy at age 20 years for gay and bisexual men is 8 to 20 years less than for all men.

Yeah, here it's just kinda blunt about it. All straight men are going to live longer than a gay man. However, I just think that's in general, without the influence of HIV/AIDS as it doesn't actually say. Literally they are just saying
"Gays have HIV/AIDS so they're gonna die, straight people are the best, don't be gay."

I really wouldn't take this article that seriously.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#3 Posted: 19:15:37 20/05/2016
Quote: Bimle
I found a research that says they will not live in terms of 65 years old?. This is in context of HIV/AIDS. Does this mean hetero live longer if they get affected by AIDS? Or am i misunderstanding this article?. I am just wondering if someone can clear this up for me. And thankful for the help i can get.

http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/26/3/657.abstract
http://skeptics.stackexchange....n-heterosexuals

I believe it is because gays have a higher frequency of HIV/AIDS than straight people do (source). It's because the risk of contracting HIV/AIDS is significantly higher during certain types of intercouse than others (if you know what I mean).

Straight couples engaging in that particular form of intercouse will have an increased prevalence of HIV/AIDS as well. It's just that it's more popular in the homosexual male population because of their lack of sexual options.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:33 20/05/2016 by spyro fan 8
#4 Posted: 19:16:50 20/05/2016 | Topic Creator
What about the 2nd article bottom it states in a research

"Despite recent marked reduction in mortality among gay men, Danish men and women in same-sex marriages still have mortality rates that exceed those of the general population. The excess mortality is restricted to the first few years after a marriage, presumably reflecting preexisting illness at the time of marriage. Although further study is needed, the claims of drastically increased overall mortality in gay men and lesbians appear unjustified."
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#5 Posted: 01:06:57 21/05/2016
well darn what're we gonna do about it hm?
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#6 Posted: 13:15:12 21/05/2016
Mortality rate for homosexuals is higher than the straights because many straights kill homosexuals because many straights are violent, angry, entitlement-seeking manbabies who see themselves are God's chosen people and therefore feel that they're above the law.

More straights will likely do faster with violence, obesity, recklessness, hubris and many other things while thinking nothing could go wrong for them.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#7 Posted: 17:10:58 21/05/2016
Quote: Underian
well darn what're we gonna do about it hm?

Nothing because people are responsible for their own bodies, but it's always good to know the dangers of sex and practice safety, wether you're straight or gay.
#8 Posted: 09:06:30 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Y'know i actually asked this question to somebody a health doctor or something, with the sources etc, basically she said it was because homosexuals are most likely at higher risks of HIV and sexual diseases than heterosexuals. Either way, that could be it i guess in terms of objective reasoning.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me