Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Your Opinions on Each Animation Studio?
Page 1 of 1
Your Opinions on Each Animation Studio? [CLOSED]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 00:58:30 29/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I just want to know what you think of each animation studio, like disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, Blue Sky... You know, your general opinion on the movies and so on.
---
Bruh
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#2 Posted: 10:54:55 29/04/2016
I really like Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks, Blue Sky, Illumination Entertainment and, to a lesser extent, Sony Pictures.

MY FAVORITE MOVIES FROM EACH CO.
Disney: Wreck-it Ralph, Frozen, Tangled, Lion King, Nightmare Before Christmas, Zootopia, Princess and the Frog, Hercules, Big Hero 6, The Emperor's New Groove
Pixar: Inside Out, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, Up, Monsters Inc, The Good Dinosaur, Wall-E, Ratatouille, A Bug's Life, The Incredible
DreamWorks: Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Madagascar, Madagascar Escape 2 Africa, Madagascar: Europe's Most Wanted, Kung Fu Panda, Kung Fu Panda 2, Kung Fu Panda 3, Shrek, Shrek 2, Monsters VS Aliens, MegaMind, Penguins of Madagascar, Rise of the Guardians, Home, How to Train Your Dragon, Chicken Run, Flushed Away
Blue Sky Studios: Ice Age, Ice Age: The Meltdown, Ice Age: Dawn of this Dinosaurs, Ice Age: Continental Drift, Rio, Rio 2, Epic
Illumination Entertainment: Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2, Minions, The Lorax
Sony Pictures: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, Hotel Transylvania, Hotel Transylvania 2

I also predict I will also enjoy Finding Dory, The Secret Life of Pets, and Ice Age: Collision Course
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#3 Posted: 13:18:24 29/04/2016
I adore Disney and Pixar. Best Disney movie: Honestly, this is too hard but Lilo and Stitch, Princess and the Frog. Lion King, Zootopia, Bolt and Wreak it Ralph stand out a lot. For Pixar, Finding Nemo, easy.

Dreamworks. I LOVE DREAMWORKS. Granted, I've been a bit disappointed with them in the past few years, I'll always have a strict loyalty for them. I love The first 2 Shrek movies, both HTTYD movies, All 3 KFP movies and Madagascar movies. Their Aardman films are top notch too.

Blue Sky. They can be good. I love the Ice Age films, Peanuts was wonderful but my favorite film of theirs is Horton Hears a Who. Rio is cute and Epic was.......not good.

Illumination is good. I love both Despicable me(s) and I'm really excited for Secret life of Pets. Sing looks cute too.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#4 Posted: 14:29:24 29/04/2016
Disney: More well known for it's 2d animation. The list of 3d stuff they did that wasn't co-produced with Pixar includes things like "The Wild" which SUX! There is a reason my favorite Disney film wasn't even made by Disney (Swan Princess directed by Richard Rich (I'm guessing his parents were hippies)) They're also known for kiddifying the classics, usually changing the endings, because most stories told by Disney canonically end with...

Pixar: Literally nothing they've made is not tear jerkingly great, at least out of the ones I've watched. It's the reason I disqualified the films co-produced between Disney and Pixar while talking about Disney. In these instances, to use a MOBA term, Pixar carries Disney's arse pretty damn hard!

Dreamworks: Most of their stuff ranges from nothing special to flat out bad (I'm looking at you, Shark Tale). The first 3 Shrek Films are probably the best thing they've ever done. I should also make a separate thread about Bug's Life vs. AntZ some time...

I could talk about smaller companies that have only made one film I've watched, but those are the main three.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:40 29/04/2016 by QueenChrysalis
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#5 Posted: 14:42:48 29/04/2016
I think I like Disney, Pixar and Dreamworks the most. Although the latter has a few of my least favorite films under their belt, I can't say how much I adore KFP and HTTYD, along with their sequels. Not too keen about Trolls, however. Don't really know about Illumination. Their movies are harmless enough. Liked the first Despicable Me, but not anything else they've put out. Secret Life of Pets looks cute, though. Blue Sky's alright. I heard that the Peanuts movie was them at their best. They should really drop Ice Age already, maybe keep it for the holiday specials they do sometimes. Sony is...ehhh. Surf's Up was the best they've done, I think. Laika's pretty great, too. Coraline remains my favorite out of their bunch so far.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:47:11 29/04/2016 by BlueFox
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#6 Posted: 16:47:24 29/04/2016
Disney - My favourite. I've always loved their films, and always tried to watch each one they release at the cinema. My favourites ATM are The Lion King, Frozen and (You guessed it) Zootopia! smilie

Pixar - Pixar are known for consistently producing great films. Finding Nemo is one of my childhood favourites, and I'm excited to see Finding Dory!

Blue Sky - Pretty good. Rio is probably my favourite one from them, since it's just so colourful and exciting!

Dreamworks - I used to like these guys but lately I've developed a hateful passion towards them for no reason
EDIT: Oh wait, there's loads of reasons. Bad humour, too many pop-references and generally cringe.

Illumination - Hmm.... Kinda neutral. I'm not a fan of the Despicable Me films - the minions drive me crazy.

Aardman - Meh. I don't really like these films much.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:11 29/04/2016 by yelvy
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#7 Posted: 18:02:05 29/04/2016
Disney - I'm not a fan of Disney. I feel that it's there fault that 2D animation is dead and that the Animation is for kids way was started by them. Some of there movies are good though, just overrated.
Pixar - Pixar are much better than Disney, They make great movies like Monster's Inc, The Incredibles and Inside Out.
Blue Sky - Ice age 1,2 and 3 were good. Now it's being milked to death. The Peanuts movie was great though.
Dreamworks - I love Dreamworks. They made Fantasic movies such as Shrek, How to train your dragon, Kung fu Panda, Don't forget the lesser known movies such as Megamind, The Road to El Dorado and Over the Hedge.
Illumination - **** these guys. Only the first Despicable Me movie was good.
Aardman - EVERY MOVIE THEY HAVE MADE ARE AWESOME
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:17 29/04/2016 by skylandersspyro
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#8 Posted: 18:21:04 29/04/2016
UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME:

I am NOT a real fan of Aardman Animation. Except for Chicken Run and Flushed Away, but I put THOSE in the DreamWorks category.

The reason why I am not a big fan of them is because Wallace and Gromit freak me out. I felt a little uncomfortable watching their cartoons.

CR and FA I feel divert me with some cool effects, and creative atmospheres.

On a side note, in the future I am going to have an animated Villain voting contests with FIFTY of my favorite baddies! Just an FYI!!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#9 Posted: 19:35:45 29/04/2016
Since other people mentioned them;

Aardman: Out of everything they've done, I've only seen the Wallace and Gromit short films, which I am impartial to.

Illumination: The only notable thing they seem to have done is the Despicable Me stuff, which I don't like, especially the 3rd film about the Minions. The story just completely lacked any sense of direction, and failed to have a real resolution.

I'm going to spoil the entire plot of Minions here;
It is literally 90 minutes of back and forth between the Minions trying to make peace with/trying to adopt Scarlet as their master, and trying to avoid being killed by her. Then Gru shows up right at the end and and it was k.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#10 Posted: 20:38:35 29/04/2016
Disney - Most of the films I watched as a child and growing up were by Disney and out of every Disney film that I have seen, there is none that I hate.

Pixar - Toy Story and A Bug's Life were some of my favourite films as a kid and I still enjoy some of the films to this day, especially all three Toy Story films, Monsters Inc, Ratatouille and Wall-E. However, unlike Disney, there are some films I've seen that I don't really enjoy such as Cars and The Incredibles.

Blue Sky - The only films I've seen are Ice Age, Robots and Horton Hears a Who, all of which I enjoy. However, I don't like how Ice Age has become a cash cow franchise and I think they should've stopped after the second or third film and I'm not a fan of how zany the sequels have become.

Dreamworks - There are some films I like such as Shrek and its sequels, Kung Fu Panda (the second however, not as much) and How to Train Your Dragon 1&2, and others that I don't like such as Ants, Shark Tale, Bee Movie and Monsters vs Aliens.

Illumination - I can't really say much since I've only seen the two Despicable Me films, both of which I enjoyed.

Aardman - I used to enjoy Chicken Run a lot as child and I like to watch Wallace and Gromit whenever it's on TV.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#11 Posted: 20:41:40 29/04/2016
Disney-I enjoy most of their older movies, as I prefer hand drawn animation over CGI.

Aardman Animaton-Stop motion is hard, really, really hard to make. I respect them for that.

Pixar-These guys know how to make CGI work, but I preferred it when Disney did the hand drawn stuff and Pixar handled CGI

Blue Sky- EVERYTHING IS A FRANCHISE!11

Dreamworks-(insert its time to stop meme here)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#12 Posted: 13:33:09 30/04/2016 | Topic Creator
My time:

• Walt Disney: Though in the 2000's, they've made some not-so-good movies, It's a really good company when it's at his golden ages (like 90's and 2010's).
  • Dreamworks: Really good too. Though they've made some half-baked ones, I like even some of the not-so-great ones (like Bee Movie or the Madagascar franchise).
  • Blue Sky: Besides exaggerating on Ice Age sequels, I like their movies. still need to see Peanuts.
  • Pixar: Probably my favorite. Almost all of their movies are more than works of art.
  • Aardman: Nothing much to say. Just a really good company.

Quote: parisruelz12
Blue Sky- EVERYTHING IS A FRANCHISE!11

That's Dreamworks.
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me