Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > What do you think of "The Sound Of Silence" by Disturbed?
Page 1 of 1
What do you think of "The Sound Of Silence" by Disturbed? [CLOSED]
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#1 Posted: 11:34:26 19/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Opinions go down here
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 12:19:03 19/04/2016
What do you think about things on Know Your Meme's front page since last week
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#3 Posted: 15:14:22 19/04/2016
I don't really like it. It's a well made cover, and I think Disturbed makes fine music overall, but I've been hearing it too much on the radio lately.

I also don't like covers in general. There are very few that I do like, and most of them have some sort of a gimmick that turns them into something more than just an another song sung a bit differently.
The best examples of these are probably Apocalyptica's Metallica covers. They're all instrumentals played using nothing but cellos, and they are fantastic.

I guess I should link one of them, in case people are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D64UOxkwRPY
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#4 Posted: 21:22:16 19/04/2016
I'm usually not one for covers if it's a song I really like, let alone a favorite, but Disturbed is my very favorite band and I absolutely adore their version. That being said, I can't compare it to the original, it will always be a classic. It has a meaning that is very important to me, and it's just the kind of thing they would sing about. 10/10
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
Dark Bro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4514
#5 Posted: 03:12:53 20/04/2016
I personally love Disturbed's version. In my opinion, it's just as good as the original version.
---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
Mewtwo - Pokemon:The First Movie
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#6 Posted: 07:13:06 02/05/2016
..... I've only heard it twice and it is weird.
Most pop songs are weird though.
But this one was really weird.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me