Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Women are stupid [CLOSED]
Bumblebunnii Yellow Sparx Gems: 1474
#1 Posted: 05:18:29 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Or at least that's the opinion of one guy I met today at the gym.

The conversation went like this,
Guy: What color do you call that? (Vaguely and rudely gesturing towards my pink hair)
Me: Wh... Blonde?
Guy: It's pink (As he chuckles at my pitiful excuse for intelligence)
Me: I have no idea what you're talking about
Guy: ._.
Me: .-.
Guy: It's... (Still chuckling at my inferior intellect) What color is this? (He picks up my pink water bottle)
Me: Yellow. (Silly women not knowing colors)
Then the guy sat my water bottle down and walked away chuckling to himself and shaking his head.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 06:11:06 16/04/2016
I want to think that he'd react the same way if you were a guy giving the same answer.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#3 Posted: 06:16:29 16/04/2016
He probably would have left Bumblebunnii alone if she were a guy.
---
Boop me if you see this.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#4 Posted: 06:35:23 16/04/2016
#BumblebunniProtectionSquad

We beat people up so she doesn't have to.
#5 Posted: 06:41:07 16/04/2016
Quote: Muffin Man

What if the theoretical guy also had pink hair?
GarbageMemes101 Ripto Gems: 670
#6 Posted: 06:43:19 16/04/2016
dank.
#7 Posted: 07:37:25 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag

This... This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. ٩( ◕ ◡ ◕)۶
#8 Posted: 08:19:14 16/04/2016
Quote: CAV

He'd attract attention for sure, but I still think it's less likely that anyone at a gym would approach him about it. Of course mileage will still vary based on the individual, a guy with a small build will be more likely to get harassed than a guy with a large build. But on average guys with average builds will avoid harassing other guys with average builds because they will prefer to avoid confrontation. Women are viewed as more desirable targets for harassment because guys think they will be less likely to cause confrontation (and also because of sexual appeal).
---
Boop me if you see this.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#9 Posted: 09:41:44 16/04/2016
what a alpha
#10 Posted: 14:12:27 16/04/2016

He'd attract attention for sure, but I still think it's less likely that anyone at a gym would approach him about it. Of course mileage will still vary based on the individual, a guy with a small build will be more likely to get harassed than a guy with a large build. But on average guys with average builds will avoid harassing other guys with average builds because they will prefer to avoid confrontation. Women are viewed as more desirable targets for harassment because guys think they will be less likely to cause confrontation (and also because of sexual appeal).

Fair enough. I just personally imagine that a guy with any body structure that isn't that of a bodybuilder is gonna get comments or judged if they had short pink hair as well.

Either way this guy is acting like a douche.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#11 Posted: 14:13:51 16/04/2016
You should become his female breeding partner and host his offsprings.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#12 Posted: 17:48:33 16/04/2016

That's incredibly animal-like (dunno what the correct wording here would be. Barbaric? I'll go with barbaric.) Not surprised, of course...
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#13 Posted: 18:14:19 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
This wasn't meant to turn into a debate over sexism, but tbh like Muffin Man said, if I were a guy I wouldn't get nearly as many rude comments from guys as I do now. The (usually older) men that approach me to say something rude aren't afraid to approach me because they know it won't lead to an actual confrontation. It's not just guys that do this, if I were taller than 5'3" and could actually manage to look the least bit intimidating, women probably wouldn't say rude things to me either. People tend to avoid confrontation.

People being rude doesn't happen that often though. It's mostly positive, especially from kids.
I get a lot of interrogation from little kids about me being a mermaid.
#14 Posted: 23:39:47 16/04/2016
Quote: cowpowa23

That's incredibly animal-like (dunno what the correct wording here would be. Barbaric? I'll go with barbaric.) Not surprised, of course...

Both are good descriptors. A lot of men lack the cognitive development necessary to override their base animal instincts, and it is in our instincts to avoid confrontation with other males (and to engage in confrontation when it's not successfully avoided) while imposing ourselves on females.
---
Boop me if you see this.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#15 Posted: 00:04:39 17/04/2016
Quote: cowpowa23

Both are good descriptors. A lot of men lack the cognitive development necessary to override their base animal instincts, and it is in our instincts to avoid confrontation with other males (and to engage in confrontation when it's not successfully avoided) while imposing ourselves on females.

It's unfortunate that we as an "intelligent" species haven't risen above our instincts. You think that'd be the case, but it appears not to be.

Oh well....
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#16 Posted: 02:37:41 17/04/2016
I'm sorry, I don't exactly understand. Were you being sarcastic when answering him and he was too dense to realize or are you color blind or something else?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#17 Posted: 02:41:27 17/04/2016
Quote: Bumblebunnii
This wasn't meant to turn into a debate over sexism, but tbh like Muffin Man said, if I were a guy I wouldn't get nearly as many rude comments from guys as I do now. The (usually older) men that approach me to say something rude aren't afraid to approach me because they know it won't lead to an actual confrontation. It's not just guys that do this, if I were taller than 5'3" and could actually manage to look the least bit intimidating, women probably wouldn't say rude things to me either. People tend to avoid confrontation.

People being rude doesn't happen that often though. It's mostly positive, especially from kids.
I get a lot of interrogation from little kids about me being a mermaid.

o.o what?

Quote: DragonCamo
I'm sorry, I don't exactly understand. Were you being sarcastic when answering him and he was too dense to realize or are you color blind or something else?

^ this
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#18 Posted: 02:56:59 17/04/2016 | Topic Creator
^ Yeah, it was sarcasm.
Sorry, it's hard to convey tone over text. Aha. I didn't do a good job of explaining it either.
SuperSpyroFan55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2265
#19 Posted: 09:03:30 18/04/2016
Quote: StriderSwag

Where do I sign up?
---
eggmans gona pop dat cherry
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me