Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Live action Movie...Gotta catch em all...
Page 1 of 1
Live action Movie...Gotta catch em all... [CLOSED]
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1 Posted: 15:45:56 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
So uh...Today, I'm like "I wonder if they'll ever do a live action pokemon movie" Look it up, literally, TODAY, bidding started on it

I HAVE ABILITIES, IF I DIDN'T LOOK THIS UP IT WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED

I AM THE ONE TRUE ARCEUS

ALSO HOLY **** THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING, I HOPE IT'S DARK

Who do you wanna win the bid?

http://www.comingsoon.net/movi...n-pokemon-movie
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#2 Posted: 15:55:58 15/04/2016
TBFH, I don't know. Legendary would make it too dark. But maybe they won't Warner Bros could do it justise

LUNARZ! YOU HAVE FUTURE SIGHT!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3 Posted: 16:02:49 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
TBFH, I don't know. Legendary would make it too dark. But maybe they won't Warner Bros could do it justise

LUNARZ! YOU HAVE FUTURE SIGHT!

That's what I said and that's what it needs. We don't want Ash, I want to see Red, I want death, I want serious implications, Team Rocket can't just kidnap, they need to be a compelling villain and if they don't kill then what's the point
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:05:38 15/04/2016 by Lunarz
#4 Posted: 16:07:32 15/04/2016
Ehh, they need to find the right crowd, which would need to be everyone pretty much. It needs to be light hearted for the kids, but also mature enough for an older audience.

And I'd rather not see Red. I find him overrated.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#5 Posted: 16:10:24 15/04/2016
Completely new characters would be nice.

Something I don't want to see is a live-action remake of the first movie. I don't think I could sit through that! >_<
#6 Posted: 16:12:28 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Ehh, they need to find the right crowd, which would need to be everyone pretty much. It needs to be light hearted for the kids, but also mature enough for an older audience.

I somewhat disagree

The middle ground would be PG-13, have you read the manga or seen Origins? Those are done incredibly, and they involve violence and repercussions

That's the thing, Ash is garbage, he cares about his pokemon immensely but he's a trash trainer, Red was also trash, and worked his way up the ladder, working for what he got.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 16:16:48 15/04/2016
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
#8 Posted: 16:18:16 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is the reaction i wanted
---
#9 Posted: 16:19:22 15/04/2016
Quote: Lunarz

I somewhat disagree

The middle ground would be PG-13, have you read the manga or seen Origins? Those are done incredibly, and they involve violence and repercussions

That's the thing, Ash is garbage, he cares about his pokemon immensely but he's a trash trainer, Red was also trash, and worked his way up the ladder, working for what he got.

Something like the manga I'd like to see. Origins would be perfect. Completely forgot about that!

Yeah I know but I just get annoyed with the fact that people he's an utter badass, He is, but I feel like he's just a bit uninteresting. Besides if we did get a Red story, it'd likely mean we'd just get Kanto Pokemon since he's from Kanto. I'd like to see a good balance of all Pokemon from all gens.
---
#10 Posted: 16:20:52 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Look, as long as it isn't Ash and Pikachu isn't shoehorned in and it's good (which is a gamble obviously) and team rocket is ruthless and peeps die, then i don't care
---
#11 Posted: 16:31:45 15/04/2016
Look, as long as it isn't Ash and Pikachu isn't shoehorned in and it's good (which is a gamble obviously) and team rocket is ruthless and peeps die, then i don't care

ALL EVIL TEAMS COMBINED INTO ONE!

Besides Team Rocket and The Gen 3 teams are the best. Granted TR is kinda incompotent they're still cool. They just need better motives
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#12 Posted: 16:42:33 15/04/2016
I honestly don't think Legendary, WB, or Sony would be a good fit for a Pokemon movie. Sony would **** it up like they **** up LITERALLY ANY POPULAR PROPERTY, WB is a toss up after that Batman v Superman disaster, and Legendary might make it too dark, like HIHD pointed out. Of those though, I'd like Legendary to get it the most, since they have a lot of monster movie experience, and I feel like they could put a nicer take on the world of Pokemon.

If it were up to me though, I'd give the rights to Universal. I trust them.
#13 Posted: 16:46:22 15/04/2016
Universal would be perfect. They tend to know what their doing when it comes to movies.
---
#14 Posted: 16:46:54 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag
I honestly don't think Legendary, WB, or Sony would be a good fit for a Pokemon movie. Sony would **** it up like they **** up LITERALLY ANY POPULAR PROPERTY, WB is a toss up after that Batman v Superman disaster, and Legendary might make it too dark, like HIHD pointed out. Of those though, I'd like Legendary to get it the most, since they have a lot of monster movie experience, and I feel like they could put a nicer take on the world of Pokemon.

That would be the best bet I think. Warner is a gamble, Legendary does make the most sense tbh. they'd make it dark but they aren't dumb, they know their audience, they'd only PG-13 to a point where it's safe for young and older audiences I'm sure
---
#15 Posted: 16:51:18 15/04/2016
Universal would be perfect. They tend to know what their doing when it comes to movies.

Plus they have Nintendo theme park rights. It's a win-win scenario.

That would be the best bet I think. Warner is a gamble, Legendary does make the most sense tbh. they'd make it dark but they aren't dumb, they know their audience, they'd only PG-13 to a point where it's safe for young and older audiences I'm sure

The only problem with that is the real world politics.

Quote: via Screen Rant
What’s significant about Legendary’s interest in the property is that they only recently became powerful enough to make waves in a bidding war with financial stakes as high as those supposedly attached to the Pokemon IP. The onetime independent outfit was purchased for $3.5 billion by Chinese mega-corporation Dalian Wanda in January, making it the most powerful arm of Chinese-backed filmmaking in the international movie business. According to THR, that fact has complicated matters considerably given ongoing political tensions between China and Japan, where Pokemon and its characters are regarded as beloved national creations. According to the report:

“There have been long simmering political tensions between Beijing and Tokyo, which most recently peaked with Japan’s criticism of China’s territorial ambitions in the South China Sea. Those pressures have also led to a cultural strain between the two countries in which China effectively banned Japanese films for three years, which was only recently broken.”
#16 Posted: 16:54:34 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I think we should be more concerned about the Director and Producer

I want this to be amazing

thoughts on who could Direct/Produce? I definitely believe they gotta be fans

ALSO CAN WE GET RELIABLE SIZES IN THIS? I DON'T WANT CHARIZARD BEING 4"11
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:55:52 15/04/2016 by Lunarz
#17 Posted: 16:56:13 15/04/2016

thoughts on who could Direct/Produce?

GIVE ME MY DREAM OF SPIELBERG PRODUCING AND JAMES GUNN DIRECTING
#18 Posted: 16:56:21 15/04/2016
Oh poo, that's not good for Legnendary then?

I know its not part of it, but yeah Universal makes the most sense the more I think about it. Strides pointed out that Nintendo is coming to Universal theme parks, it'd only make sense if they made Nintendo based films. Also, during the recent gamexplain discussion, one guy hinted that he heard talks of a Splatoon tv show/movie around the time Universal is close to finishing or even finished building its Nintendo area.
---
#19 Posted: 16:57:11 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator

this tbh

or yknow, the russo brothers, they're really reliable lately
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:58:21 15/04/2016 by Lunarz
#20 Posted: 17:00:21 15/04/2016

Mmmmm.

it feels good to hear those names together <3. They'd be perfect. Write and direct together and it'd be perfect.
---
#21 Posted: 17:02:20 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator

Mmmmm.

it feels good to hear those names together <3. They'd be perfect. Write and direct together and it'd be perfect.

****ing, just spielberg in his office

Some guy knocks

Spielberg: I'm busy, I'm working

guy walks in

Spielberg is sitting cross legged on his with a gameboy playing pokemon
---
#22 Posted: 17:05:12 15/04/2016

this tbh

or yknow, the russo brothers, they're really reliable lately

But they're attached to multiple Marvel films, both of those being THE most important ones thus far.

Mmmmm.

I'd actually prefer if just Gunn wrote it, Spielberg's writing can be really hit or miss.
#23 Posted: 17:05:13 15/04/2016

Mmmmm.

****ing, just spielberg in his office

Some guy knocks

Spielberg: I'm busy, I'm working

guy walks in

Spielberg is sitting cross legged on his with a gameboy playing pokemon

Spielberg: PISS OFF! MY GROVYLE IS EVOLVING!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me