Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Why People Connect Emotions to Heart? (You Decide if it's Serious or Not)
Page 1 of 1
Why People Connect Emotions to Heart? (You Decide if it's Serious or Not) [CLOSED]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 18:38:04 07/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I was thinking of something, that you saw in the title. I never saw a good response for this question. Some people say things like "when you break up with someone, your heart hurts, not your brain", but that doesn't make much sense to me.

If someone could give a better explanation of why, I would be thankful... Or you can just joke around the topic. You decide.
---
Bruh
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#2 Posted: 18:45:01 07/04/2016
People back then probably associated emotions with the fact your heart races and all, since not all cultures would mess much with the body's functions to the point of outlawing research of bodies until much muuch later.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 18:46:03 07/04/2016
It's connected because of the feelings in your chest when your nervous or anxious or excited. It's not really your heart, but it's your nerves and your brain colliding to cause a reaction in your chest. Or it could be connected to how the heart beats when you're feeling different emotions. For example, when you're scared you're heart beats faster.

Also, kinda relevant. Broken Heart Syndrome
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#4 Posted: 18:49:57 07/04/2016
Your brain sends signals and activates hormones (like oxytoxin and adrenaline) to affect your heart in times of emotional disturbance. This is to help regulate your pulse and therefore prepare your body in times of stress.

I assume back in ye olden days when not much of the human body was understood, the feeling you got in your chest was assumed to be the origin of feelings and emotions and not knowing the brain is responsible for it all.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 19:00:02 07/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Your explanations make sense. I wonder why some people still think that way until today.
---
Bruh
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#6 Posted: 22:54:44 08/04/2016
The Heart conected to Emotions, is more like in a simbolic way, not literally.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#7 Posted: 19:53:02 09/04/2016
As others have stated, it's because of a lack of understanding.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#8 Posted: 21:23:27 09/04/2016
I get annoyed when people say things like that. Because the heart just pumps blood.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me