Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro and/or Skylanders Misconceptions and Stuff that people say
Page 1 of 1
Spyro and/or Skylanders Misconceptions and Stuff that people say [CLOSED]
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1 Posted: 05:01:08 07/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Some misconceptions you have seen about Spyro and/or Skylanders?

I think this could be an interesting topic to discuss.

Please no fighting, let's have a smart discussion about this.

Update: Since most of the replies are not even consider misconceptions, just i added stupidity or i better say "stuff" that people say about both franchises.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:52:57 07/05/2016 by KeybasHedKey
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 07:32:04 07/04/2016
What are misconceptions?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 08:40:01 07/04/2016
Alll the damn time. Skylanders is still on Wii graphics, Spyro is literally unplayable if his name isn't in the title, and the newest one is Skylanders fully supports everything AS do with full knowledge of it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:40:50 07/04/2016 by Bifrost
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#4 Posted: 17:38:06 07/04/2016
Some people think that any game after the PS1 trilogy isn't very good or worth playing just because Insomniac didn't make them.

Some people refuse to play any Skylanders game because they think you need to buy every toy to fully enjoy them.
#5 Posted: 00:19:25 08/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: yelvy
What are misconceptions?

Sigh something that people that spreeds misinfomation and people believe it and they think that is actually true and says it's an actual fact.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:18:05 08/04/2016 by KeybasHedKey
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 00:47:08 08/04/2016
Let's see...

"What a stupid game which forces you to buy overpriced toys to play it"
"Spyro has been dead since Year of the Dragon/A Hero's Tail/Dawn of the Dragon (obviously taking for granted the fact Skylanders is a Spyro game)"
"Spyro looks like a retardet gargoyle-frog (when looking at a SA early model)"
"Spyro's Classic games had a totally different atmosphere, this looks nothing like them"

And finally, my favorite: the somehow widely spread fact that collecting Amiibos is socially accepted while collecting Skylanders isn't.
Be proud of your Mario figure but shame on you if you buy Eruptor!
It's starting to happen with Infinity as well but I still see it happening more often with Nintendo figures.

I heard Amiibo collectors despise Skylanders because the toys are childish.
No words.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#7 Posted: 01:33:39 08/04/2016
faun's favorite: but dawn of the dragon is so realistic! more realistic than the other two games in legend! all the plot holes are explained by the new style! yuck.
#8 Posted: 01:41:59 08/04/2016
Quote: faunatic
faun's favorite: but dawn of the dragon is so realistic! more realistic than the other two games in legend! all the plot holes are explained by the new style! yuck.

Bonus: DOTD Spyro and Cynder are realistic, more realistic than the cartoonish-but-proportional Skylanders! Those kites taped with sticks to their backs surely would work in the real world to fly, and Cynder wouldn't immediately twist her spine when jumping or just straight up starve to death because she doesn't have a stomach.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:40 08/04/2016 by Bifrost
#9 Posted: 02:05:50 08/04/2016
Misconception or opinion. It's HARDLY anything main, it's a nitpick at worst compared to the crap some haters spread to make it look worse.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:07 08/04/2016 by Bifrost
#10 Posted: 08:32:32 08/04/2016
Yeah, the point is exactly that.

Spyro as character is still here but his games stopped after Dawn of the Dragon.
Yet a lot of "big fans" around the Internet keep insisting that Skylanders is a Spyro's series which, of course, killed what Spyro means.
Because saying something which isn't true is much better than looking for actual informations!

Outside of the fact I hardly understand when someone says a bad game "killed" a series, since I'm pretty sure everyone can still play a Classic game if they didn't like the new ones and future games could prove to be better than the originals, the funniest thing is that Skylanders keeps a lot of mood, environments design and other elements from the Classic series even without being a Spyro franchise.
Much more than the Legend series.

But it's for kids so it sucks.
Gotta love big grown up adults.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#11 Posted: 09:08:13 08/04/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey
Quote: yelvy
What are misconceptions?

Sigh something that people that spreeds misinfomation and people believe it and they think that is actually true and says it's an actual fact.

Oh, Okay. Thank you! smilie
#12 Posted: 23:50:23 08/04/2016
Yeah but by "killing" I mean "losing what that series was in the first place, both in terms of quality and features" not simply ending the release of new games; that is even less understandable since you cannot say a specific game killed an entire series if there are more to come which might be even better.

Another problem is that people generally stops at the appareances: new Spyro games don't look like Classic ones?
They must be horrible and undoubtedly killed the poor purple dragon.

That's the point.
You can hate a game if you wish to but at least play or watch some gameplay before you judge.
I'm sick of "fans" calling a new game awful simply because it looks different from its predecessors.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#13 Posted: 04:07:22 10/04/2016 | Topic Creator
A common Misconception with Skylanders is that The World from the Dawn of the Dragon is Skylands at the end of the game. Which is false, in Skylanders: Giants meantions the Giants were arround 10,000 years ago which makes no sense being that same world, also because it's not from the same universe from the Legend series.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:08:00 10/04/2016 by KeybasHedKey
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me