Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Worst SpongeBob SquarePants episodes
Page 1 of 1
Worst SpongeBob SquarePants episodes [CLOSED]
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#1 Posted: 21:24:48 06/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Ahh, SpongeBob SquarePants, a really popular animated comedy show with a lot of fans across the border of age groups. Unfortunately, not all of these episodes are considered gold dubloons. Some of them are considered vile booty, and have been cursed like the Black Pearl.

Okay, forget the pirate lingo (I was just having fun smilie) What are your least favorite SpongeBob episodes? It can be any season (not just the infamous ones).

Here are some of my least favorites
  1. Face Freeze (NIGHTMARE FUEL!!!!!) smilie
  2. SpongeBob, You're Fired! (Honestly, so many things wrong!) smilie
  3. One Coarse Meal (The "coarse" in the name means rough, meaning it is One Rough Meal, for both Plankton and the audience) smilie
  4. Pet Sitter Pat (Honestly, I question Patrick's petsitting techniques. and his flamethrower mastery) smilie
  5. A Pal For Gary (Need I say more? Also, I personally think Puffy-Fluffy is pretty cool looking, like a Pokémon) smilie
  6. The Splinter (Insert picture of Disgust from Inside Out feeling disgusted here) smilie
  7. Truth or Square (I was CONFUSED the first time I saw this) smilie
  8. Atlantis SquarePantis (RIP, David Bowie. I didn't know who you were or you're role in the movie until I saw MoBrosStudios' review) smilie
  9. Best Day Ever (Honestly, I'm surprised on how under-hated this episode is) smilie
  10. Squid's Visit (Nightmarish, traumatic, and confusing; all in once!) smilie
  11. Stuck in the Wringer (Everything they do is just, wrong)
  12. Little Yellow Book (Squidward is really unlikeable, the townspeople are MAJOR hypocrites, the law is ridiculous down there, and Patrick has a taste for dirty diapers....all in eleven minutes)
  13. Demolition Doofus (Mrs. Puff is a bloodthirsty character when deflated)
  14. Yours, Mine and Mine (Patrick is a flat-out BULLY!)
  15. Squid Baby (They ripped off one of my favorite SpongeBob episodes: Rock-A-Bye Bivalve, and made it not cute, not funny, and really cruel)
  16. Choir Boys (SpongeBob is just evil as he tries to sabotage Squidward's recitial. WHY IS HE STILL THE GOOD GUY?)
  17. Boating Buddies (What did Squidward do to deserve this!)
  18. House Fancy (There is filler, SpongeBob being an igoramus, and a toenail being gruesomely ripped off. Have you guys noticed the infamous Toenail Scene is a Big Lipped Alligator Moment as Squidward's toenail MAGICALLY got fixed in the next scene?)
  19. Dear Vikings (I admit, the first time I saw this, I laughed at the Olaf joke. Nowadays, I agree that this is kind of boring)
  20. Giant Squidward (The townsfishes are jerks to Squidward. First they make his giant size an asset for ridiculous tasks, but they turn on him Gaston style JUST BECAUSE HE DIDN'T SAY "BLESS YOU" WHEN A CIVILIAN SNEEZED? I thought fish were full of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, thus making you smarter. These fish are really moronic)
  21. To Love a Patty (RIP Clams, also, I believe we have THE grossest image of a burger ever witnessed)
  22. The Card ("SpongeBob, you can't always expect my usual brand of stupidity, I like to mix it up, keep you on your toes")
  23. What Ever Happened to SpongeBob (I wish I got amnesia and forgot about this episode and the disturbing face that gave Face Freeze a run for its money)
  24. Shuffleboarding (Spoiler Alert: THERE IS NO SHUFFLEBOARDING IN THE EPISODE. Also, SpongeBob and Patrick are the epitome of petty)
  25. Are You Happy Now? (No! I am not! I am more depressed and the suicide "jokes" are creepy. And do NOT get me started on the ending)
  26. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Stupidest cop in any media. Give Squidward some peace instead of pelting him with pointless littering tickets)
  27. Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy (These pisces are just borderline RACIST to a nude Sandy)
  28. The Krabby Kronicle (I HATE libel)
  29. Plankton's Regular (Just one customer can change a restaraunt apparently. Shame!)
  30. Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom (Because watching an episode where Patrick is a jerk and an episode where Squidward gets abused just was so good separate, LET'S COMBINE THE TWO)
  31. Slide-Whistle Stooges (Now you understand why I hate whistling)
  32. A Day Without Tears (Don your raingear and get out your "world's smallest violin". This is gonna be a depressing and boring episode)
  33. Gone (Okay episode, REALLY MEAN-SPIRITED ENDING)
  34. Cepholopod Lodge (Man, can't Squidward find SOME happiness)
  35. Rodeo Daze (What happened here? Something about rodeos and SpongeBob being a coulrophobe?)
  36. Good Neighbors (Can't SOMEBODY give poor Squidward a break. Unlike ProtonJon's humiliation congas in Mario Party games, THIS ISN'T FUNNY OR ENTERTAINING)
  37. Oral Report (Most pointless conflict and Patrick doesn't help)
  38. InSPONGEiac (Creepy effects, plus a little bit of number 37)
  39. Summer Job (Boating Buddies II, Let's Replace Squidward With Mrs. Puff, Boating School With the Krusty Krab, and Make SpongeBob More Irritatingly Obnoxious)
  40. I'm With Stupid (Even though I don't call "pre-movie" SpongeBob one of my top ten favorite shows, I think some post-movie episodes are good and some pre-movie episodes are trash. This is pretty epitome. I should've slapped Starfish Homer and Starfish Marge, oh and Patrick too)
  41. Squid Wood (Thinking a marionette is a real person? What is this, Squid-occhio?)
  42. Fungus Among Us (Eh, not really that gross. More like stupid)
  43. Tentacle Vision (Squidward can't even have a TV show without the entire OCEAN in his clown car of a home?)
  44. Funny Pants (Unfunny Pants SHOULD'VE been the name)
  45. Earworm (Good luck escaping the Musical Doodle after watching this episode)
  46. Waiting (Zzz..)
  47. Krusty Dogs (Boring, and wieners? How infantile and yet, dirty)
  48. Greasy Buffoons (These townsfish are STUPID again, Don't they have anything better to do than run between two fast food restaraunts serving disgusting grease?)
  49. House Sittin for Sandy (Boring filler)
  50. Penny Foolish (Krabs is just obsessed with pennies)
  51. Hide and Then What Happens? (How does Patrick NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK?)
  52. You Don't Know Sponge (Okay, WHAT? He thinks SPONGEBOB IS A TRIANGLE? Patrick is really ubermoronic now)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 21:50:19 12/04/2016 by SkylandrPurists
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 21:35:14 06/04/2016
the splinter is just ****ing gross.

as is one the with squidwards toe nail.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#3 Posted: 21:52:37 06/04/2016
All of them from 2005-Now
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#4 Posted: 22:38:14 06/04/2016
Opinion and rant alert:
The current episodes are at least improving nicely in my opinion. If you watch them or give them a chance (you've gotta not expect the best, though, things don't get back to what they used to be just like that in one go most of the time). The really awful ones are like 4-6 years old now. :/ They're not that... current or modern any more. smilie The majority of people who claim that everything new is bad probably haven't even seen any actual new episodes lately with an open mind, which is kinda bothersome. I mean, it's fine if you genuinely don't like them but again imo; it's a bit unfair if you haven't seen them and then turn around to say they're all **** based on a few episodes from a few years ago. Ugh, I'm going to regret saying this aren't I.

Anyway, I hated To Love a Patty. Just really gross and awkward. And A Pal For Gary was another I've really disliked since I've first seen it.

Oh! And I used to not be able to stand I'm with Stupid and Big Pink Loser, even though they have their moments. Squirrel Jokes is another that used to bother me, at least it had a nicer ending, though.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:52:51 07/04/2016 by crystalhero37
#5 Posted: 23:30:54 06/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
the splinter is just ****ing gross.

as is one the with squidwards toe nail.

The "Squidward's Toenail" episode is House Fancy
---
smiliesmilie
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#6 Posted: 03:59:31 07/04/2016
anything that isn't seasons 1-4 and the two movies is garbage

the only exception is the two faces of squidward

AKA the handsome squidward episode

(i was legitimately shocked when i found out that episode was in season 5 woah)
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#7 Posted: 08:43:17 07/04/2016
A Pal for Gary, One Coarse Meal, Fungus Among Us, SquidBob TentaclePants, The Splinter, Stuck in the Wringer, Squid Baby.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#8 Posted: 15:38:47 07/04/2016
imo, All of them.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#9 Posted: 18:46:15 07/04/2016
Stuck in the Wringer is the only episode I hate tbh
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#10 Posted: 20:00:34 07/04/2016
Quote: Wreckingball13
Stuck in the Wringer is the only episode I hate tbh

I was about to post that.
I actually get mad everytime I watch that episode.
#11 Posted: 23:51:55 07/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderfan507
The Splinter, A Pal for Gary, Pet Sitter Pat, Stuck in the Wringer, Diary of a Sponge, and IMO, the worst of them:
Are You Happy Now?
Some would say the episodes I just listed were way worse, but for me, the suicide jokes were just too obvious and too much for a kid's show.

Oh, and let's not forget Demolition Doofus. Mrs. Puff tried to get SpongeBob killed and made it far too obvious.

Is it just me, or do a lot of SpongeBob episodes seem to be mild sadist comedy? Why're they showing that crap to kids? I'm pretty lenient when it comes to entertainment TBH. However, keep in mind many very young kids watch SpongeBob. I can't help but feel that this might be one of many reasons why a lot of kids seem to be so... Insensitive these days.

I believe the diary episode is called Little Yellow Book.
---
smiliesmilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#12 Posted: 15:47:36 08/04/2016
****ing Love That Squid, House Fancy, The splinter.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#13 Posted: 16:27:59 08/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersspyro
****ing Love That Squid, House Fancy, The splinter.

Sorry, I originally misread that as you "beep"ing love That Squid, House Fancy and the splinter.

I forgot Love That Squid is an episode of the show.
---
smiliesmilie
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7080
#14 Posted: 17:03:47 08/04/2016
I think the quality of the show really started to decline after the first movie.

Although, I quit watching it like six years ago so I can't speak for the newer ones.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#15 Posted: 09:22:34 10/04/2016
There are some episodes after the first movie that I enjoy such as Fear of a Krabby Patty, Krusty Towers, and Sing a Song of Patrick, but there aren't as many episodes I enjoy in those seasons as there are in the pre-movie seasons. Most of the post-movie episodes are either boring, unoriginal, cringey and/or disturbing.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#16 Posted: 15:08:21 10/04/2016
I don't know what it's called but I saw one where Glove World was closed down and the whole thing was just Spongebob and Patrick crying on all of the rides.

I haven't seen it, but just seeing the commercial for Spongebob Longpants made it obvious that they are struggling for ideas.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#17 Posted: 15:26:18 10/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: awesomerockets
I don't know what it's called but I saw one where Glove World was closed down and the whole thing was just Spongebob and Patrick crying on all of the rides.

I haven't seen it, but just seeing the commercial for Spongebob Longpants made it obvious that they are struggling for ideas.

The Glove World episode is called Glove World R.I.P.

Also, I agree with you guys about the SpongeBob LongPants episode, it reminds me of To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (SpongeBob RoundPants)
---
smiliesmilie
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#18 Posted: 02:51:18 12/04/2016
all of them
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#19 Posted: 04:03:35 12/04/2016
like past season 3 or w/e season was the lasst 'good' one
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#20 Posted: 20:00:35 14/04/2016
Quote: crystalhero37
Opinion and rant alert:
The current episodes are at least improving nicely in my opinion. If you watch them or give them a chance (you've gotta not expect the best, though, things don't get back to what they used to be just like that in one go most of the time). The really awful ones are like 4-6 years old now. :/ They're not that... current or modern any more. smilie The majority of people who claim that everything new is bad probably haven't even seen any actual new episodes lately with an open mind, which is kinda bothersome. I mean, it's fine if you genuinely don't like them but again imo; it's a bit unfair if you haven't seen them and then turn around to say they're all **** based on a few episodes from a few years ago. Ugh, I'm going to regret saying this aren't I.

Anyway, I hated To Love a Patty. Just really gross and awkward. And A Pal For Gary was another I've really disliked since I've first seen it.

Oh! And I used to not be able to stand I'm with Stupid and Big Pink Loser, even though they have their moments. Squirrel Jokes is another that used to bother me, at least it had a nicer ending, though.

Yeah I heard the most recent season was okay, but I haven't watched the show in years. Don't really care enough to go back to it anymore.
#21 Posted: 10:51:38 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I just thought of something.

Have you noticed that Squidward and Gary are the two most tortured non-villain characters of the modern seasons?

They are also related, both mollusks!
---
smiliesmilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#22 Posted: 12:33:51 16/04/2016
This is mollusc discrimination.
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#23 Posted: 14:07:54 16/04/2016
I remember actually watching the premiere on TV for the newest season and tbh I didn't like it at all.. I mean, the new episodes don't have to be particularly as horrible as The Splinter or something, it's just, the newer episodes arent as funny for me. I love Spongebob because I love the jokes so much, like Wumbo for example. I haven't seen anything like that in the newer episodes and it just makes the show so boring for me.

I think the only time I even CHUCKLED watching a new episode was that "who put you on the planet" thing
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#24 Posted: 14:22:06 16/04/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists
  • Face Freeze (NIGHTMARE FUEL!!!!!) smilie

• After a trip to Google Images...

[User Posted Image]

Okay yeah, I see why Spongebob could frighten my underwear off at will. That was past me, now I either laugh or cringe at those times.
    ---
    NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
    30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
    Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
    #25 Posted: 23:33:50 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
    Yeah, thanks for the nightmare fuel, buddy.
    ---
    smiliesmilie
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me