Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Should books, movies, games, etc, be censored?
Page 1 of 1
Should books, movies, games, etc, be censored? [CLOSED]
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 00:02:42 04/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Title. Do you think any form of media should be censored, and why?

I'm kind of mixed/somewhat lost on where I stand on censorship. For the most part, I don't think it should be censored at all. Someone's work, I think, shouldn't be censored, and it should be left to the individual to decide whether or not they deem it as appropriate for themselves. These people work really hard on some of these books, movies, and games, and they shouldn't have to worry about having their work censored because some select groups/individuals don't agree with it. In some cases though, I think censorship is fine/understandable, such as when a work covers a controversial subject(though even then I think censorship shouldn't be used, because censoring these subjects will just add to the problem they initially have by basically denying it imo), or when said subject is something used to get a reaction rather than to have it be significant to any work.
---
Cool cool.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#2 Posted: 00:10:22 04/04/2016
I think there's a line and a point you need to change stuff, sometimes in localization(like anything involving sexualized underage characters), but even then there's a point where it becomes pointless and even too full of political correctedness. Say, you can age lift that character and just change the numbers or the wording so as they're of the appropriate age, if it's REALLY that against the law in the country you want to bring that game to, but you're overdoing it if you redesign an entire character or remove entire pieces of content when there's an alternative that keeps that intact but still safe.

Otherwise, if it's not breaking the law or something? Don't see any reason. Covering people's eyes from stuff YOU think will corrupt them has been proven in history again and again pointless,they'll just find a way to get that forbidden thing themselves or even become horrible people with no exposure whatsoever. And if you think that X media should be a safe space for everybody and that only censoring gives you full ability to please everybody -glares at Overwatch drama- then you're probably blind to argument and questioning yourself because that's just stupid.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 00:10:50 04/04/2016
Never.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#4 Posted: 00:12:18 04/04/2016
I never really care.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 00:16:04 04/04/2016
You also shouldn't change someone else's work to fit your ****ing agenda.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#6 Posted: 00:18:36 04/04/2016
Absolutely not.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#7 Posted: 00:19:35 04/04/2016
Nope.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#8 Posted: 00:22:52 04/04/2016
nah, a lot of things (mainly those damn video games) get censored over here and its annoying > : (
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:39 04/04/2016 by arceustheprime
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#9 Posted: 00:29:39 04/04/2016
Not at all.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#10 Posted: 01:26:24 04/04/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Nope.

But I'm not one of those people who won't buy something because something got changed in localisation either (look at all the name changes in JoJo lmao).

- - -
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me