Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > What's the story behind your username?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What's the story behind your username? [CLOSED]
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1 Posted: 20:16:11 23/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Thought this would be something fun to do.

This name kinda came from my real name (beginning with E) and my favourite colour (Yellow)

How about you guys? smilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 20:18:47 23/03/2016
I was much more into Doctor Who back then, and I wanted something to include my name, so there you go, my username.

All my usernames for basically everything nowadays is "M1chael5007"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 21:04:02 23/03/2016
Short story: Me being stupid.
Long story: I thought Bifrost meant something to do with cold. I was really info OC research at the time and my main(still is) one is an ice dragon. So "cold thing" it was.
Would probably rename myself to Frazil or Thundersnow or something at the time I found out, but eh, used to it now, still rolls off the tongue.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#4 Posted: 21:05:53 23/03/2016
This was my third account, but was made shortly after my second so it could be an alt.
I was still a Homestuck then, and I liked Dave Strider, so StriderSwag was born.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 21:11:02 23/03/2016
I was on a Hotdog craze back during Skylanders Giants. I wanted something unique that related to Hotdog and I thought HeyitsHotDog was a good one. I went with it. Most people seem to enjoy it too.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#6 Posted: 21:15:46 23/03/2016 | Topic Creator
All really interesting!

@Badwolfmichael I used to be quite into DW as well, back in the late 00's hehe smilie

@Bifrost Yeah, that's the kind of thing I would do.

@Strider Swag I always thought multiple accounts could get you banned! I feel so stupid now! smilie

@HeyitsHotDog I remember when you first joined back in 2012! I've always liked your username! smilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#7 Posted: 21:39:06 23/03/2016
People complained about the skylanders verision of spyro.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#8 Posted: 23:20:54 23/03/2016
Simple.

I thought of "Cow" and "powa".

Bam, username ahoy.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#9 Posted: 23:42:01 23/03/2016
Quote: yelvy
All really interesting!

@Badwolfmichael I used to be quite into DW as well, back in the late 00's hehe smilie

@Bifrost Yeah, that's the kind of thing I would do.

@Strider Swag I always thought multiple accounts could get you banned! I feel so stupid now! smilie

@HeyitsHotDog I remember when you first joined back in 2012! I've always liked your username! smilie

Multiple accounts are allowed since you can't change your username. However, multiple active accounts used to bypass bans or pretend to be someone else in an attempt to troll are banned. If a new account is made, it is asked that the original one be abandoned forever.

As for me.... Back in 8th grade when I was super weeaboo trash but not as bad as I am now, I wanted to write a DNAngel fanfic with a self-insert character. I felt it best this self-insert have a Japanese name and stole the name "Seiki Tanaka" from the credits to DNAngel. Since then, the name and character have evolved to the point the character isn't as much me in terms of personality anymore and the name has also become a sort of alias for me. I use the name almost everywhere to the point that if you see it as a username on any site, odds are it is probably me.

I have used it so much, it might as well be just as much my name as my real legal name is.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:43:19 23/03/2016 by Seiki
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#10 Posted: 23:50:35 23/03/2016
im furry trash
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#11 Posted: 00:01:07 24/03/2016
Not much story. Crash because... Well, I like Crash. The 10 was more of a form of recognition, so people would recognize me easily.
---
Bruh
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#12 Posted: 00:12:20 24/03/2016
I made this account during my Rayman and MLP phases. "Twilight" is for Twilight Sparkle, and Rayman was my favorite game.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#13 Posted: 00:56:54 24/03/2016
"Levan" is a name that an old online friend came up with when I asked the chat to come up with a new username for me because my old one had Glaceon in it (after the Pokemon of course), so some people didn't take me seriously. I wanted a name that was neutral and didn't have any fandom mention in it. So he just randomly came up with "Levan" somehow and I liked it since it sounds unique... And Jess is my real nickname so I figured I'd mash them.

I would probably change it to SweetToothSuzy if I could though, after the badass Face Off creation that I think is so cool... I also go by DickGritty based off of another badass Face Off creation... Aaand I go by SaucedScientist (a reference to Rick and Morty), Fanceyo (a typo I once made of "dance you"), LJFoof (LJ being the initials of my LevanJess username and "Foof" being a dumb word that xat.com would sometimes end your default username in, and it always made me laugh when I visited xat when I was in elementary school), and Oshawoot, a typo of Oshawott.

I have a lot of usernames...
---
but i love it all smooth
#14 Posted: 00:59:10 24/03/2016
Quote: LevanJess
"Levan" is a name that an old online friend came up with when I asked the chat to come up with a new username for me because my old one had Glaceon in it (after the Pokemon of course), so some people didn't take me seriously. I wanted a name that was neutral and didn't have any fandom mention in it. So he just randomly came up with "Levan" somehow and I liked it since it sounds unique... And Jess is my real nickname so I figured I'd mash them.

I would probably change it to SweetToothSuzy if I could though, after the badass Face Off creation that I think is so cool... I also go by DickGritty based off of another badass Face Off creation... Aaand I go by SaucedScientist (a reference to Rick and Morty), Fanceyo (a typo I once made of "dance you"), LJFoof (LJ being the initials of my LevanJess username and "Foof" being a dumb word that xat.com would sometimes end your default username in, and it always made me laugh when I visited xat when I was in elementary school), and Oshawoot, a typo of Oshawott.

I have a lot of usernames...

i thought it was because you're secretly eleven bees all named jess???
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#15 Posted: 01:40:54 24/03/2016
Quote: StriderSwag

wh- how did you find out?? not about the bees, but about my embarrassing typo of "eleven"?! i thought that my cover story was genius! :(
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:41:56 24/03/2016 by LevanJess
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#16 Posted: 03:22:15 24/03/2016
I was in my Warriors phase so I just went by my Warrior name
Now it just kind of sticks with me
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#17 Posted: 03:55:50 24/03/2016
Quote: LevanJess
Quote: StriderSwag

wh- how did you find out?? not about the bees, but about my embarrassing typo of "eleven"?! i thought that my cover story was genius! smilie

bees can't spell
checkmate atheists
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#18 Posted: 05:43:25 24/03/2016
Dash Rendar.
#19 Posted: 07:33:58 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
Quote: yelvy

Multiple accounts are allowed since you can't change your username. However, multiple active accounts used to bypass bans or pretend to be someone else in an attempt to troll are banned. If a new account is made, it is asked that the original one be abandoned forever.

Okay, thanks for the heads-up! smilie

Anyway, seems like a lot of people focus their username on something from their favourite fandom. Awesome! If I was making a new account now, it would probably have something to do with The Lion King, hehe smilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#20 Posted: 12:32:21 24/03/2016
The Hype... that's it.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12108
#21 Posted: 18:01:05 24/03/2016
I wasn't trying to be inventive so I chose the first username I could think of on a Spyro related site.

I REALLY want to change it.
#22 Posted: 18:02:02 24/03/2016
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
I wasn't trying to be inventive so I chose the first username I could think of on a Spyro related site.

What would you change it too?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10179
#23 Posted: 19:03:08 24/03/2016
I have explained the origins of my username on multiple different occasions but hey, does it hurt to do it again?

Well, I am self-entitled amateur musician. I have played guitar for 14 years and since I started I have enjoyed creating music as well. Well, after I already had finished one “album” which was the first I managed to create. I immediately started another project. Well as unimaginative git as I am, I couldn’t come up with proper name to the project so I titled it Project Unnamed. And suddenly it struck a chord (hehe…) in me and it has become some sort of phenomenon in my own creative life.

And I like the username I have. It is quite fitting, since username should be something you are recognized by and therefore it should reflect at some level your own self even though internet has tremendous gift of anonymity
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#24 Posted: 19:35:15 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Project_Unnamed
I have explained the origins of my username on multiple different occasions but hey, does it hurt to do it again?

Well, I am self-entitled amateur musician. I have played guitar for 14 years and since I started I have enjoyed creating music as well. Well, after I already had finished one “album” which was the first I managed to create. I immediately started another project. Well as unimaginative git as I am, I couldn’t come up with proper name to the project so I titled it Project Unnamed. And suddenly it struck a chord (hehe…) in me and it has become some sort of phenomenon in my own creative life.

And I like the username I have. It is quite fitting, since username should be something you are recognized by and therefore it should reflect at some level your own self even though internet has tremendous gift of anonymity

Fascinating! My brother is a musician too! smilie
iceblade2488 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1070
#25 Posted: 21:45:24 24/03/2016
Chill, no really that's it.
---
Just a fool driven by nostolgia
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#26 Posted: 21:50:19 24/03/2016
Wreckingball is a dope skylander and I joined in 2013
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#27 Posted: 22:51:08 24/03/2016
I wanted to my username to be "parisrules12" As I loved Paris and I was turning 12 that year.

But I changed to what I thought was "parisrulez12" but I apparently made a stupid typo. If I got the chance to fix it, I'd probably just be "ParisRulez"
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#28 Posted: 17:11:34 25/03/2016
I used to be quite into bakugan so I decided to create a YouTube channel. One of the main characters on that show was called 'Drago' and his species was 'titanium dragonoid', so I decided to combine the two and came up with 'titanium Drago'. Unfortunately, that username was taken and YouTube suggested 'thetitaniundrago' so I took that. I tried using 'thetitaniumdrago' for darkspyro but it was too long so I used TTD - T (the), T (titanium), D (drago).
RainbowSkygirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#29 Posted: 18:19:04 25/03/2016
My Google+ name, with 'the' removed due to length limit. Partly because it makes identification across sites easier, and partly because I'm not creative enough to think of something else.
---
Lurked moar since 2011 and I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.
Alydol Ripto Gems: 1330
#30 Posted: 03:11:47 26/03/2016
It's the beginning of my first and last name...
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12108
#31 Posted: 06:31:57 26/03/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

What would you change it too?

My Steam username. Which I won't share at the moment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:59:30 26/03/2016 by Spyro Fanatic
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#32 Posted: 16:40:54 26/03/2016

Same here.
---
Dead
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#33 Posted: 02:45:15 27/03/2016
I was a dumb 11 year old kid who wanted to be "lol random and funny smilie"

The name has grown on me since then, but I've always wanted to change it to "PancakeSparx" or something professional like that since I originally made the username when I was really young. Or at the very, VERY least correct that damn misspell in "pankake"
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:50 27/03/2016 by pankakesparx456
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#34 Posted: 04:12:26 27/03/2016
You know this was coming.

I wouldn't change my name, but if for whatever reason I was told I couldn't be CAV anymore I'd probably go with Nomein, which is the handle I use for music and games nowadays.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#35 Posted: 00:43:08 28/03/2016
StevemacQ or Steve Mac Qwark, an alias used by Captain Qwark in the first two Ratchet & Clank games. The name itself is a lot like my first name Stephen. Another reason is because Captain Qwark is my favourite character in the games. I love Qwark because of my love for the Ultimate Fake Hero archetype along with Simon Belmont (Captain N), Zapp Brannigan (Futurama), etc. in which they try to show off how heroic they are but they aren't and it's played for comedy. Snow from FFXIII could've been this too if it wasn't taken as seriously as it was in the game.

Anyway, that's how I got my username, which is pretty memorable if you ask me.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6563
#36 Posted: 17:02:03 06/04/2016
Aided by this crazy:
Vespi: comes from my XL gamertag VespidEndymion8
Dragon: Much love for dragons.
8: VespidEndymion8

YESSS! smilie

I have had new usernames over the years to not be so monotone on the internet, "Vespi" has been replaced by the new names, since the "Dragon" & "8" are what give my brand, so these are left as they are. For short username, use the first normal / modified & the last, the "Dragon" is not included. And as code of initials: VD8, included with others too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:08 06/04/2016 by VespiDragon8
#37 Posted: 17:16:15 06/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: VespiDragon8
Aided by this crazy:
Vespi: comes from my XL gamertag VespidEndymion8
Dragon: Much love for dragons.
8: VespidEndymion8

YESSS! smilie

I have had new usernames over the years to not be so monotone on the internet, "Vespi" has been replaced by the new names, since the "Dragon" & "8" are what give my brand, so these are left as they are. For short username, use the first normal / modified & the last, the "Dragon" is not included. And as code of initials: VD8, included with others too.

That's a great idea! My username seems to stay the same wherever I go haha smilie
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#38 Posted: 21:40:24 06/04/2016
It's the title of a story I wrote a long time ago that I still haven't rewritten `~`
Starfire is a type or species of dragon just like fire or ice dragons.
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#39 Posted: 18:42:08 09/04/2016
it's my irl name
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#40 Posted: 20:20:23 09/04/2016
Quote: aran
it's my irl name

so wait is it "a ran" or "erin"

b/c if its erin, my mind is going to implode
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#41 Posted: 00:14:11 10/04/2016
The second worst foreign dub of Dragon Ball Z is referred to as the Big Green dub because it calls Piccolo "Big Green" for some reason. It gets most of the character names wrong.

The dub in action.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#42 Posted: 02:21:39 10/04/2016
Well....i joined because skylanders.....and I like Camo the best.....and he's a dragon...
I was unoriginal
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#43 Posted: 07:18:46 02/05/2016
I named myself after my then original character Bolt, a yellow dragon with the power of electricity (who is now some form on khioneus and is not even named Bolt anymore).

Or I named myself after Disney's Bolt.

You can decide lol.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#44 Posted: 07:56:14 02/05/2016
Emerald: Green is my favourite colour
Zoroark: My all time favourite pokemon
---
Soon.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#45 Posted: 00:25:56 04/05/2016
I collect a lot of toys. Skylanders included (which is why I joined this forum). My collecting habits started when my grandfather gave me some Hess Trucks for Christmas and told us that they'll be worth something one day. So, I kept some of them in the box for collecting purposes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:37 04/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
#46 Posted: 00:28:11 04/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
I like Overwatch and I thought this was a pretty cool Tracer avatar

What's that gotta do with your username?
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#47 Posted: 00:31:58 04/05/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: TheToyNerd
I like Overwatch and I thought this was a pretty cool Tracer avatar

What's that gotta do with your username?

Wow! I'm an idiot! I misread that as avatar. My bad.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me