darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Idle/Screensaver Animations vs. Win Animations
Page 1 of 1
Idle/Screensaver Animations vs. Win Animations
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#1 Posted: 17:02:31 22/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I might be running out of ideas.

Let's say, crazy unlikely happening here, in 6kylanders, the file size gets too crazy and animations have to be cut, and of course, those are the least important ones. Which one would you keep - idle or win?

Win animations aren't actually on SC as far as we know, but let's pretend they are. For those that don't know: Win animations play when a wave of Kaos Doom Challenge or a round of Skaletones Showdown is won - say, Blades waving at the camera or Knight Mare raising her sword skyward. They're different as idle(sometimes called screensavers to differentiate from an actual animation for when the character isn't moving around), which plays when the character is left in place for too long - like Spyro sitting down and several others stretching or resting their arms.

I love both, but if I had to choose, I'd choose idle animations to stay. A really nice touch in cutscenes is see the character calm down and take a breather from -in some cases- extremely energetic and/or uncomfortable movement, and it makes them feel more real than a battle cry or triumphant pose.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 17:09:32 22/03/2016
Idle all the way. Sometimes win animations were a little glitchy anyway (From what I remember! smilie )
#3 Posted: 17:11:16 22/03/2016 | Topic Creator
They are - if you are on a ledge or walk in a certain angle in the wave end you either skip it entirely or slide across the floor, not counting clipping.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#4 Posted: 17:44:13 22/03/2016
Damn, I don't remember most of the win animations...I'll have to replay TT.

From what I can remember though, I think I would stick to idle, some of these add a lot to the skylanders personality: like Knight light holding his sword on his back while relaxing wings or spry going in circles and sitting like a puppy.

Btw you gave an idea for a topic..."crazy things you would include in a skylanders game but that will never happen".
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#5 Posted: 18:58:01 22/03/2016
Idle for sure. I sometimes wait a minute just to see one. The one I remember right now is Smolderdash juggling with 3 fireballs in one hand. They're just a nice touch if you don't move at all for some reason. And as Bifrost said, Hex for example, when just standing she slightly lifts her arms. It may look normal at first sight but it's very stiff if you think about it. In her idle she lets her arm fall like a normal human being and relaxes until she (literally) jumps back in action.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:08:17 22/03/2016 by Deja Vu
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#6 Posted: 19:19:28 22/03/2016
As much as I like the win animations, I think it would be better to just stick with idle. But honestly I think some of the character's poses look pretty good.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#7 Posted: 19:37:12 22/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Hex's win animation is pretty fake,I gotta admit. By all logic of thr series, she could use her levitation to spin around, but even turning manually causes her dress to sway to the sides which doesn't happen in it, not mentioning the arms and how she finishes it with an X which should fit a rock star, not a witch.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 21:42:02 22/03/2016
Definitely idle.

I love looking at them in any game because they show a bit more of the various characters and they happen more often than win animations, of course.
A shame SuperChargers removed them but I guess it's because you can't really win anything unless you are riding a vehicle...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#9 Posted: 23:26:37 22/03/2016
Idle.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10 Posted: 00:22:37 23/03/2016
Idle animations are definitely much better, as they allow for more personality from something as simple as just standing and waiting.

I mean, just look at any video for LEGO Dimensions' idle animations. There's clearly a lot of thought and care put into something you can witness just by standing around for a few minutes.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#11 Posted: 00:35:10 23/03/2016
I believe that win animations may be in SSC racing. The Superchargers themselves have win animations there, even if they are small. I haven't played with regular Skylanders in the game, as the stats are pretty pitiful if you do, so I don't know if any other Skylanders have their win animations.

Anyways, I would certainly keep idle animations. Win animations would only really showcase at the end of a special mode, while idle animations can appear anywhere. It'd be more noticeable if the idles were gone.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#12 Posted: 01:17:12 23/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh yeah, forgot about Racing. The new win animations are pretty bad for the Superchargers though, Nightfall for example is her idle turned 45 degrees up. I'll check later if the old ones use then there and edit the OP if so.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#13 Posted: 01:42:10 23/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Oh yeah, forgot about Racing. The new win animations are pretty bad for the Superchargers though, Nightfall for example is her idle turned 45 degrees up. I'll check later if the old ones use then there and edit the OP if so.

Wait, do they happen once you're back at the academy, or while the character is still driving?
---
Dead
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#14 Posted: 02:18:23 23/03/2016
Pretty sure they are talking about SuperChargers Racing, for Wii and 3DS, not the racing part of the regular version and from what I know there isn't any hub in those games.

Could be totally wrong though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:42:08 23/03/2016 by Drek95
#15 Posted: 08:27:25 23/03/2016 | Topic Creator
It's Racing for Wii/3DS, yeah.
---
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#16 Posted: 12:28:18 23/03/2016
Yeah the idle animations give personality to each skylander and thereby creating an emotional connection to the piece.
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
#17 Posted: 01:07:21 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Went to check, no win animations for older Skylanders in Superchargers Racing, they just use their regular intros for some reason. You can also bet Beenox didn't bother to make sure they fit either since some characters start floating when they walk foward in their intros. Even the Supercharger win animations are all stiff and feel lazily built from their intros/idles, like whatever Smash Hit's doing with his hand and Splat's hand and staff being pulled up by strings because nobody would keep up that pose for so long.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me