darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Mostly racing, mostly platforming, or evenly split?
Page 1 of 1
Mostly racing, mostly platforming, or evenly split? [CLOSED]
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#1 Posted: 04:00:04 21/03/2016 | Topic Creator
So how much racing is there in SC exactly? Does it overshadow the platforming? Is it completely different (mostly racing) gameplay?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 08:59:40 21/03/2016
In my opinion there is definitely more racing/vehicle gameplay than the regular one.
But that's not the true problem.

The first time you will play the game you will most likely not notice this because everything will feel new and fresh.
The problem comes after the Story is finished.

Everything after that is either racing, vehicle arenas or random and short platforming/battling sequences.
Backtracking will feel more and more like a chore because of the mandatory Land Areas and previously visited regular levels will feel shorter and "emptier".
Even without playing Sea and Sky Areas.

So yeah, in my opinion there is definitely more vehicles than Skylanders in this game but that wouldn't be a problem if it was better distributed.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 14:13:33 21/03/2016
Mostly racing.

Levels are basically structured like this -

On foot for 3-5 minutes
Forced into vehicle driving
On foot for 3-5 minutes
Forced into vehicle driving
On foot for the remainder of the level

Most if not all bosses require driving to beat them. Was a total snore fest. Then of course you have races and vehicle challenges as your optional content. They took out any exploration and randomized items in chests. You could theoretically keep restarting the first level over and over for all of your items.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 14:17:36 21/03/2016
Rush Crusher,Spellslamzer,Kaos and all three Titans are on foot bosses. It's hardly a minimal amount, the real issue is that the /major/ bosses are vehicles, all I mentioned but Kaos are small fry in the grand scheme of things.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 14:52:39 21/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I see. How is the racing then? Is it fun/easy to handle? Do the vehicles take damage/'have to rest' like the Skylanders do? If so, are deaths frequent or unfair? Do vehicles gain xp and level up?

I'll probably have more questions later.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#6 Posted: 15:00:54 21/03/2016
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
I see. How is the racing then? Is it fun/easy to handle? Do the vehicles take damage/'have to rest' like the Skylanders do? If so, are deaths frequent or unfair? Do vehicles gain xp and level up?

I'll probably have more questions later.

Handling really depends on the vehicle. The vehicles have armor, which goes down a little every hit, and once it's gone, it goes to your skylander's health. Vehicles don't have to rest, but if your skylander runs out of health while driving, it needs to rest. Deaths are only frequent on nightmare mode, since literally all combat is "hold the button to attack, and hope you don't get hit," which makes deaths seem pretty unfair in nightmare mode (since it takes about 2 hits to kill you skylander once the armor is out).
---
Dead
#7 Posted: 15:35:52 21/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Which are the best vehicles, with the best balance in speed, handling and armour?
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#8 Posted: 15:56:46 21/03/2016
You should rather look the weapons what they offering then the states it doesn't matter much und you can customize vehicle parts for some more speed, weight, acceleration, handling or armour. So choose what you like.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#9 Posted: 16:11:01 21/03/2016
Just don't choose Crypt Crusher if you plan on doing online racing, apparently it's pretty bad.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#10 Posted: 18:28:50 21/03/2016
Huh. Never realised the game had so much racing! Well, the more you know...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me