darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 511 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 509 510 511 512 513 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#25501 Posted: 22:21:47 15/01/2017
The press release makes it sound like the new Imaginator parts are unlocked through playing the Cursed Tiki Island level, which is interesting. I wonder if that's just poorly worded?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#25502 Posted: 22:32:24 15/01/2017
They said the Wild Storm adventure pack comes with an Imaginite chest? So if anything I think the parts would be unlocked through that.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#25503 Posted: 22:47:26 15/01/2017
The chest is probably just being tossed in to unload old stock and visually differentiate the new adventure pack from the sensei/crystal double packs. I doubt it will be used to do anything aside from what it normally does. Wild Storm will probably unlock everything.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:45 15/01/2017 by Muffin Man
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#25504 Posted: 22:55:55 15/01/2017
My theory: a patch will come for all versions of the game on/a few days before the 12th of march, adding the new parts. You'll be able to see these when creating an imaginator, and will be unlockable from that point forwards.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#25505 Posted: 00:29:53 16/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
My theory: a patch will come for all versions of the game on/a few days before the 12th of march, adding the new parts. You'll be able to see these when creating an imaginator, and will be unlockable from that point forwards.

But those parts will only be unlocked through the AP to give added motivation to buy the new AP.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#25506 Posted: 01:33:53 16/01/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Quick way to get to level 6: that EXP orb near the start of Sky Fortress.

Anyway, I'd rather they add path switching than Imaginator resetting... I know a lot of people would prefer the latter, but it's already possible if you have a 3DS and one of the first two 3DS games... There's no path switching without external tools and it's a shame since the paths this game seem so equal.

To get to Level 6 quickly, I just go to the arena, then put the crystal on the portal. I'll do what I can with the character, and then I'll do some fighting to get to Level 6 and unlock all the gear. But your way works, too.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#25507 Posted: 01:56:28 16/01/2017
Quote: kaosmumishot
Quote: ZapNorris

But those parts will only be unlocked through the AP to give added motivation to buy the new AP.

Yes, it sounds like those parts will only be available if you own Wild Storm.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#25508 Posted: 14:09:04 16/01/2017
Quote: Darkling183
Getting to level 6 (the requirement to equip ultimate gear) is as simple as taking one or two runs through the Undead Sensei Realm. I'm almost certain that Activision imposed the 'unresettable creation crystal' requirement on Toys for Bob arbitrarily, so that Activision could sell more crystals.

So, when crystals aren't being sold anymore, I think it makes sense to rescind that decision and make crystals resettable.

I typically just do one run through the arena.

This is the one of the two thing I don't like/get about the current setup - you get an idea, put a new crystal on, then have to wade through stuff before you can realize your idea. I decided I wanted to make a "Diablo" doppelganger a few days ago (came out really well actually - used Monstrous face with insectoid parts, with various spiky gear, and a black/red/yellow color motif on a fire knight), and I - one thing they did super right - leveling is easy peasy in this game, but I still had to slosh through a lvl/arena fight to get access to the spikes, to get access to the wings, etc. I don't get why, its only a slight delay, and by the time you've unlocked the powerful gear - at least en masse - you've already played the game enough that you don't need training wheels on a new character.

The other thing I don't like is more annoyance than anything else - with no "specific" way to power up your gear - finding real random duplicates - its real easy in the rush to design something strong, to end up with all your figures looking the same. This is the MMO player in me admittedly (City of Heroes RIP) - but I feel like I'm hurting my character by purposely picking lower gear for the look...and I feel I am breaking theme picking stronger gear for the stats. I finally got my Air Smasher over 200 attack, but he looks...uninteresting and generic. they did a good job with the weapon diversity - all the top tier weapons seem to be about the same strength, but headgear is all over the place, there are like only 3-4 good leg pieces, the majoirty of the backpacks with good stats are wings, etc etc.

I really wish there was some way to match the stats of the high end gear - while staying within theme.
- Unreall
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#25509 Posted: 16:17:22 16/01/2017
Being that Valentine's Day is only 29 days away, we should be getting some information about Heartbreaker Buckshot pretty soon.
#25510 Posted: 17:22:42 16/01/2017
Quote: Unreallystic
I typically just do one run through the arena.

I like the Undead Sensei realm because it provides experience and gold, so I have a bit of money to upgrade my character's skills. The arena battles provide a lot of XP but not much gold.

Quote:
I really wish there was some way to match the stats of the high end gear - while staying within theme.

I feel the same way. I have four Imaginators and they're all wearing pretty much the same gear, with only a little variation (eg one character is wearing the feathered shoulder guards because it suits her overall look). I've changed the gear to match the characters' colour schemes, but if you want to play a certain way (eg I like my characters to be quick, so I emphasise speed), then your choices with ultimate gear start becoming limited.

I wonder if the 100+ parts coming with Cursed Tiki Temple include new gear, or just body parts?
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#25511 Posted: 18:38:37 16/01/2017
Saw a single Chompy Mage on Amazon UK and got it, even if the total price was about twice of a normal Sensei here. At least it's way better than some other listings I've seen, like the $100 insanity.

I was hoping he would get a proper single release, despite the Amazon 5-villain bundle's description, but since there's no evidence of it (unlike the other remaining characters), I didn't want to take the chance.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#25512 Posted: 15:19:15 17/01/2017
For people complaining that Pit Boss' face is more blue than green on the fandom, Jeff Murchie released his concept art today, and yeah the figure color is actually the accurate one.

[User Posted Image]
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#25513 Posted: 16:09:32 17/01/2017
Nightmoon,
I got even lucky on the regular Chompy Mage. Found someone in the US selling him fbor $80, which was much better than $100 for the Pain-Yatta combo pack. However, at the time, I had to move because they were shutting down the place and demolish it to put a new building instead. Got a place within walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm, which is also fairly close to a GameStop & Target. And I'm between both the Fullerton and Cerritos TRU.
Also got Mystical TIC, which I fully maxed out in a couple of hours,
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#25514 Posted: 16:37:30 17/01/2017
Quote: Bifrost
For people complaining that Pit Boss' face is more blue than green on the fandom, Jeff Murchie released his concept art today, and yeah the figure color is actually the accurate one.

[User Posted Image]

Still don't have him (hopefully next week), is it more blue in-game?
Even if it were slightly different, it would still never bother me as much as the color difference of his staff.

Speaking about figure details, just got Buckshot and his figure is amazing!
Had to get him on Amazon, since Wave 3 is nowhere to be found in my local stores (big delay or bad sign...?) but I'm absolutely satisfied with the quality of his figure; even the arrow isn't that bent, or at least it's barely noticeable when looking at the whole figure.

Would just make the sudden end of the series even worse: stopping now, when you achieved such great quality for the majority of the toys, what a waste.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:38:11 17/01/2017 by Drek95
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#25515 Posted: 16:46:28 17/01/2017
Insane01, I have no idea what you just tried to say. Did you get him for $80 or not? Your post just reads like a list of completely unrelated events.

Regardless, I got him for about $37.40 (figure + shipping), which, like I said, is about twice the price of a normal Sensei here ($17.75), and again, as I said, is a lot more reasonable then the $100 listings I've seen before.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:48:10 17/01/2017 by Nightmoon
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#25516 Posted: 16:49:00 17/01/2017
Quote: Drek95

[User Posted Image]

Even if it were slightly different, it would still never bother me as much as the color difference of his staff.

Had to get him on Amazon, since Wave 3 is nowhere to be found in my local stores (big delay or bad sign...?) but I'm absolutely satisfied with the quality of his figure; even the arrow isn't that bent, or at least it's barely noticeable when looking at the whole figure.

Would just make the sudden end of the series even worse: stopping now, when you achieved such great quality for the majority of the toys, what a waste.

Imagine if Sky 7 was the best Skylanders game, from graphics, gameplay and toy quality and Acti didn't know it an cancelled the game. VV was planning to deliver something magnificent and Acti was being blind.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#25517 Posted: 16:52:49 17/01/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

[User Posted Image]

Imagine if Sky 7 was the best Skylanders game, from graphics, gameplay and toy quality and Acti didn't know it an cancelled the game. VV was planning to deliver something magnificent and Acti was being blind.

this could have been graet, imagine if sky 7 was so good that even haters will like it, but there is still small chunce that there will be one so we can only hope for that.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:02 17/01/2017 by omer1698
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#25518 Posted: 21:14:09 17/01/2017
Well, Imagine if they decided to give V.V. even more time to develop it and make it even better, instead.
Besides, I don't think they had much time to focus on Skylanders 7 at all, unfortunately.

But Eon knows how much I want to see what that team can come up with, now that vehicles are out of the way.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#25519 Posted: 21:48:09 17/01/2017

[User Posted Image]

That's still about the same as Mint vs Turquoise.
#25520 Posted: 21:49:46 17/01/2017
I don't see the difference honestly,but I saw a lot of comments on instagram about how their Pit Boss figures were bad because the face was too blue. The staff is what's too blue in the game as seen here.
---
#25521 Posted: 22:00:54 17/01/2017
It might depend on the screen you're looking at. Basically the figure's face is mostly blue, barely any green. So with other versions out there that show more green, it just feels off. Personally, I like the blue paint they used. I'm just not a fan of the character.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#25522 Posted: 23:00:47 17/01/2017
He is turquoise, a mix between blue and green.
---
bye
#25523 Posted: 00:58:10 18/01/2017
Well, Imagine if they decided to give V.V. even more time to develop it and make it even better, instead.
Besides, I don't think they had much time to focus on Skylanders 7 at all, unfortunately.

But Eon knows how much I want to see what that team can come up with, now that vehicles are out of the way.

Given the two high-profile projects that VV is currently working on (the Crash Bandicoot trilogy remaster for PS4 and the PC port of Destiny 2), it's unlikely that they were ever working on Sky7. They did design the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands level for Imaginators, but that was probably their farewell to the series.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#25524 Posted: 12:00:21 18/01/2017
Since we don't have much to talk about what are your three favourite skylanders from each game :
Here are mine.

SSA : Spyro , Cynder and Zap
SG : Flashwing , Ninjini and Pop Fizz
SF : Blast Zone / Magna Charge , Free Ranger and Roller Brawl
TT : Krypt King , Enigma and Blackout
SC : Roller Brawl , Bowser and Donkey Kong
SI : Wildstorm , Dr.Neo Cortex and Golden Queen
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:02:55 18/01/2017 by KingMed
#25525 Posted: 12:41:55 18/01/2017
Should be better to open a specific thread about this, probably in Toys and Merch. Discussion here just gets drowned whenever someone does this.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#25526 Posted: 22:54:36 18/01/2017
Since I only post here irregularly anyway I might do that.

SSA: Hex, Stealth Elf & Spyro
SG: Ninjini, Sprocket & Chill
SSF: Smolderdash, Scratch & Freeze Blade
STT: Deja Vu, Gearshift & Enigma
SSC: Nightfall, Splat & Smash Hit
SI: Golden Queen, Starcast & Tidepool
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#25527 Posted: 23:21:10 18/01/2017
Originals only - no reposes, no Guest Stars (and no Kaos because he's his own element):
(Also, in no particular order for each game)

SSA: Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Chop Chop
SG: Pop Fizz, Jet Vac, Tree Rex
SSF: Boom Jet, Dune Bug, Zoo Lou
STT: Blastermind, Chopper, Snap Shot
SSC: Fiesta, Dive-Clops, Smash Hit
SI: Pain-yatta, Grave Clobber, Wild Storm
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#25528 Posted: 01:09:09 19/01/2017
Here we go-

SSA: Zap, Wham Shell, Ghost Roaster
SG: Pop Fizz, Eye Brawl, Hot Dog
SSF: Wash Buckler, Magna Charge, Wind Up
STT: Knight Light, Blackout, Krypt King
SSC: Spitfire, Fiesta, Thrillipede
SI: Chopscotch, Hood Sickle, Grave Clobber
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#25529 Posted: 02:27:44 19/01/2017
SSA: Flameslinger, Chop Chop, Dino-Rang
SG: Hot Dog, Eye-Brawl, Pop Fizz
SSF: Wash Buckler, Pop Thorn, Rattle Shake
SST: Wallop, Chopper, Flip Wreck
SSC: Smash Hit, TC Donkey Kong, Stormblade
SI: Golden Queen, Tidepool, Chopscotch
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#25530 Posted: 02:32:20 19/01/2017
SSA: Terrafin, Chop Chop, Stealth Elf
Giants: Bouncer, Hot Head, Pop Fizz
Swap Force: Roller Brawl, Night Shift, Freeze Blade
Trap Team: Krypt King, Bushwhack, Food Fight
Superchargers: None... Ok I did like Smash Hit!
Imaginators: Tidepool, Mysticat, Barbella
Newguy333 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3244
#25531 Posted: 02:40:24 19/01/2017
Well here's mine

SSA: Wrecking Ball, Camo, Warnado
Giants: Fright Rider, Chill, Eye Brawl
Swap Force: Rattle Shake, Wind-Up, Scratch
Trap Team: High Five, Short Cut, Fisticuffs
Superchargers: Smash Hit, Spitfire, Diveclops
Imaginators: Barbella, Blastertron, Tidepool
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
My Deviantart where I Draw Skylanders Real or My Own, http://joltiklover.deviantart.com/
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#25532 Posted: 02:45:14 19/01/2017
Okay so...

Spyro's Adventure: Stealth Elf, Dino-Rang, Camo (don't have him though).
Giants: Ninjini, Pop Fizz, Hot Dog.
Swap Force: Grim Creeper, Magna Charge, Smolderdash.
Trap Team: Food Fight, Blackout, Spotlight.
SuperChargers: Spitfire, Fiesta, Hammer Slam Bowser.
Imaginators: Crash Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex, Flarewolf.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:38 19/01/2017 by Crash10
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#25533 Posted: 03:58:54 19/01/2017
Interesting to see your tastes!

Spyro's Adventure: Terrafin, Camo, Hex.
Giants: Thumpback, Hot Dog, Chill.
Swap Force: Grim Creeper, Roller Brawl, Star Strike.
Trap Team: Krypt King, Chopper, Blackout (don't have him though).
SuperChargers: Nightfall, Shark Shooter Terrafin, Fiesta.
Imaginators: Crash Bandicoot, Wolfgang, Ambush.

Overall: Terrafin, Nightfall, Camo.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#25534 Posted: 04:56:36 19/01/2017
since were bored

[User Posted Image]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#25535 Posted: 05:21:29 19/01/2017
OH MY ZAP

You always exceed my expectations for ****posting.
---
Bruh
Slamzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#25536 Posted: 11:19:14 19/01/2017
Sorry, I gotta disagree with everyone who says that the Pit Boss figure we get in stores is how it's supposed to look. Not at all, the color is way off. On top of that, most don't even show the scale lines well. I lucked out with mine. I compared about 20 in TRU back in November (December?) and got one that had a decent shade of a green but also had very visible scale lines.

I have to say this was one of the most jarring discrepancies I've seen in a skylander between the promo pic and the finished product.
#25537 Posted: 11:31:17 19/01/2017
I'm not talking about figure quality. I'm talking about being accurate to the original design. Artwork promo always comes aftee the figure render, see Nightfall and several others that clearly aren't the ingame design or color scheme.
---
Slamzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#25538 Posted: 11:49:26 19/01/2017
I'm saying no, it's not accurate to the design. He looks way greener in the promo pic than he does on the figure and way greener in game.
#25539 Posted: 16:22:56 19/01/2017
Do you ever wonder if people realize that color is not shared equally? Some people just don't see the same colors. Only a proper test is going to clarify what color someone sees. Get over it.
#25540 Posted: 17:06:42 19/01/2017
Actually, we're both wrong. The figure isn't either artwork or promo art,it's WAY bluer. Guess I saw the right color in certain lighting on Instagram but I went looking on unboxing videos.

[User Posted Image]

Looking at the wikipedia color names, the promo art and render are both a normal green, artwork and ingame are mint green. Figure is straight up a teal or grayish turquoise.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:37 19/01/2017 by Bifrost
#25541 Posted: 17:17:57 19/01/2017
To be even more accurate, the photograph is less saturated than the actual figure. It's also not properly balanced, but good enough to get the point across.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:28:48 19/01/2017 by 4inCreation
#25542 Posted: 18:47:35 19/01/2017
I just took a screenshot of a good video since the hue wouldn't change, just the saturation. Firefox does not like Photoshop and a fullscreen youtube player at the same time so I had to get whatever quality and the first second it was clear.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:57 19/01/2017 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#25543 Posted: 19:07:35 19/01/2017
This whole debate on the shade of green for Pit Boss is why I never regret getting the gorgeous Legendary Pit Boss instead. Why have a green/blue/turquoise snake when you can just have a gold snake with better stats?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:08:03 19/01/2017 by TrapShadowFan
#25544 Posted: 19:30:10 19/01/2017
Because he's too yellow for my tastes :c I like my Undead palettes.
---
#25545 Posted: 19:31:05 19/01/2017
Because he's too yellow for my tastes :c I like my Undead palettes.

well rattle shake is kinda yellow. and ironicly him and pit boss are both snakes.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:32:35 19/01/2017 by omer1698
#25546 Posted: 19:43:17 19/01/2017
I don't like Rattle Shake a whole lot either, not even counting the bouncing which is far too goofy for my tastes.
---
#25547 Posted: 19:47:52 19/01/2017
Well everyone with his own taste i guess...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#25548 Posted: 20:15:29 19/01/2017
Quote: TrapShadowFan
This whole debate on the shade of green for Pit Boss is why I never regret getting the gorgeous Legendary Pit Boss instead. Why have a green/blue/turquoise snake when you can just have a gold snake with better stats?

Because the red robe looks terrible compared to the black one.

So I bought both. smilie
First | Previous | Page 511 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 509 510 511 512 513 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me