darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 501 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 499 500 501 502 503 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#25001 Posted: 16:29:25 16/12/2016
Dunno, employee variants are TFB just having fun. It's not as visible in the figure but her artwork is definately ghostly.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#25002 Posted: 16:34:39 16/12/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Dunno, employee variants are TFB just having fun. It's not as visible in the figure but her artwork is definately ghostly.

Well even if that's the idea, sometimes the ghost of Christmas past is depicted with ice or sparkly snow to give it a cold feeling.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#25003 Posted: 16:55:30 16/12/2016
Christina Aguilera as skylanders ambassador !!!
https://twitter.com/xtina/status/809151049663512576
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#25004 Posted: 16:58:55 16/12/2016
Quote: KingMed
Christina Aguilera as skylanders ambassador !!!
https://twitter.com/xtina/status/809151049663512576

christina aguilera is a skylanders fan?! well its nice to see celebrites share are love for the franchise smilie .
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#25005 Posted: 21:20:24 16/12/2016
Some really creepy Candyland birthday party themed images for a 37 year old woman. I mean, Christina Aguilera looks like an aged Vegas show girl...

[User Posted Image]

And everything looks like it's for an eight year old spoil brat. So tacky. Anyway Skylanders seems to be Max's fav game according to this article.

http://www.usmagazine.com/cele...me-game-w455468

Look at all the sweets. I hope they had a few Pain-Yattas there at the party to go with them. Actually there may be one in the Candyland Christmas tree image (see article)...my eyes hurts just looking at it, so I cannot tell.

[User Posted Image]
---
Stay Cool!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#25006 Posted: 21:43:06 16/12/2016
I think I both got a cavity and went blind looking at that second picture.
---
Dead
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#25007 Posted: 21:51:26 16/12/2016
I saw that on Twitter yesterday. Even though I'm not a fan of her in particular, I love it when a celebrity shows support for Skylanders. It always makes me happy for some reason.
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:23 16/12/2016 by Sboy13
#25008 Posted: 23:13:19 16/12/2016
You know, I got to thinking. This is how they should debut new waves of figures. Imaginators wave three party, aka Pain-Yatta's "too sweet to be beat" celebration bash. Invite a bunch of kids over and let them go wild and film the event for Youtube or whatever PR stunts. I mean they used to do these things years ago when Skylanders were a thing, right? LOL Now days it's like "A new wave of Skylanders? Meh, whatevs." Come to think of it, Christina and Skylanders are probably on the same level of downtrending popularity right now, so it's a perfect match.
---
Stay Cool!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8264
#25009 Posted: 23:30:12 16/12/2016
Kinda weird how they're having a party with Skylanders, don't you think Acti would stop investing in Skylanders except when it comes to releases?

This is only if the series is cancelling of course.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#25010 Posted: 02:40:11 17/12/2016
Saw at a Best Buy, each for $19.99, the Mysticat and Wolfgang combo packs.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#25011 Posted: 13:33:59 17/12/2016
I'm snowed in my driveway, so it might be a while until I get to Gamestop for Mystical Bad Juju. Oh well, I can call and hopefully they'll hold.

Also, some gift cards feel into my lap, so I plan on buying some crystals to make some Guest Stars. They will be:

At Gamestop:
Mario (Fire or Light Smasher)
Luigi (Water Sentinel)
Hulk (Earth Smasher)
Captain America (Earth Brawler)

At Target:
Ant Man (Earth Brawler)
Tiny Tiger (Life or Earth Sentinel)

On Amazon:
Robbie Rotten (Magic Smasher)
Count Moneybone (Undead Sorcerer)

In Question:
Dingodile (Fire Bazooker)
Flynn (Air Bazooker)

Also, if I were to make Mario, would he be Fire (in reference to throwing fire) or Light (in reference to his star attacks from Galaxy?)
And what should Undyne's first attack be as a Sentinel? Acrobat or Buster?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
token2k6 Green Sparx Gems: 360
#25012 Posted: 15:59:05 17/12/2016
Hello, my kids are diving into this after getting it this week. They just did their first crystals this morning, but don't know where to go to change things about their creation. Is this somewhere in the hub world? It doesn't appear to be on the menu...

This game seems pretty cool, at least to them with the constant unlocks. I just bought them 2 blind bag treasure chests and Mysical Bad Juju at GS this morning. My location only had 3 of Bad Juju, but didn't even have them out, just locked in a drawer.
#25013 Posted: 16:06:04 17/12/2016
You change with the Select button - same you use to see a normal Skylander's stats, or the equivalent depending on your console. Can be done at any time.

The treasure chests I wouldn't buy too many of, though. They give the same things you can get by playing the game, just faster, and they only work once.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:06:35 17/12/2016 by Bifrost
token2k6 Green Sparx Gems: 360
#25014 Posted: 16:08:16 17/12/2016
Sweet, that worked, now they'll be back at creating for 10 mins each! Yeah, I realize that about the chests, I guess if you just wanted to try to get silver or gold colors, we just got 2 bronze..
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#25015 Posted: 17:37:54 17/12/2016
How's Skylanders Day for everyone?

I can't go because I'm unable to buy anything at them moment. I just wondered if any Wave 3 characters are there as well as Mystical Bad Juju's stock.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#25016 Posted: 17:39:16 17/12/2016
Has anybody seen the wave 3 crystals at Gamestop today? That's the only thing I'm after.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:40:02 17/12/2016 by TrapShadowFan
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#25017 Posted: 19:59:23 17/12/2016
I found 3 of the four at a Best Buy. I already had the tech one from Toys R Us, so I only picked up the life and water ones. I am still missing the fire one. My local GameStop did not have any wave 3 stuff, except for Mystical Bad Juju and the Crash combo pack. I have seen wave 3 at Toys R Us, Target, and Best Buy, but not at a GameStop. The wave 3 crystals, though, are proving hard to find.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#25018 Posted: 21:33:45 17/12/2016
I saw EEF at Gamestop...didn't know it was there yet.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#25019 Posted: 21:56:20 17/12/2016
They got in 3 mystical bad jujus at my Gamestop and that was it. Nothing from wave 3 and no poster. Not much of a Skylanders day.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:39 17/12/2016 by pezskylander
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#25020 Posted: 03:11:48 18/12/2016
Yeah I got Ember and Starcast but I hope to get some other Senseis tomorrow. I was surprised to see EEF there, but nothing else from Wave 3
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#25021 Posted: 19:44:45 18/12/2016
Just wished that both of the Pain-Yatta combo packs were out already. As soon as I complete getting the Candy Fantastic set, I want to create a gang using this Imaginator set, hopefully creating different classes in the Magic element. Brawler, Smasher, Quickshooter, etc.
I'm going to call them The Sugar Hill Gang (yes, the same name as one of the earliest rap groups).
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#25022 Posted: 20:11:41 18/12/2016
We really do need update patches for this game I wish that TFB would try to get out of their comfert zone for once
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#25023 Posted: 21:42:48 18/12/2016
Quote: KingMed
We really do need update patches for this game I wish that TFB would try to get out of their comfert zone for once

Doesn't Activision decide that?
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#25024 Posted: 23:57:03 18/12/2016
Can we please stop with this whole "TfB is afraid of getting out of their comfort zone" thing, please?
I feel like people give them way less credits than they should.

Let's look at Trap Team (first game after V.V.'s debut): first game to introduce a non-Skylander gimmick figure, first game to make villains playable in some way and let's not forget the introduction of Light and Dark.

SuperChargers?
Aside from focusing on something so different from the idea of the series, like vehicles, what did it introduced?
Revamps of the same old flagship characters, a small roster of humanoids or upright creatures and a different final bossfight which doesn't feel like a fight at all (still unsure if Activision itself is to blame for the former though).
Won't talk about Skymiibos because Imaginators shown how guest-stars should be handled properly.
How about their comfort zone?

Not to mention that even if TfB doesn't innovate or change as many things as V.V. it may simply mean that they know which features can be changed and which should remain the same better.
Innovation isn't automatically good.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:59:37 18/12/2016 by Drek95
#25025 Posted: 00:05:33 19/12/2016
TfB does typically use the same puzzles, while VV makes up brand new ones, which makes gameplay less repetetive.

Both studios have trouble outside their comfort zones, but I feel TfB tends to stay in theirs more. Quadrupedal Superchargers were considered at one pojnt but were scrapped. Hell if TfB did SSC, I question if TfB would have made Quadrupedal ones either.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#25026 Posted: 00:17:32 19/12/2016
TFB probably wouldn't have done Land and Sea vehicles since it's Skylands and all of their games have air transportation or straight up airships involved above all. Much more room when you just have to design drivers for those.

They also changed a lot on their pressure plate puzzles and the laser ones are much quicker. Fizzland is also pretty much the only place they had proeminent pushblock puzzles,too, the rest were shorter or not the focus.

THO, whoever did the bridge puzzles deserves a slap. Sure the ones on Trap Team were dull visually, but I kinda don't want to keep falling off the plataform to get the next piece, ESPECIALLY for the secret collectible.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#25027 Posted: 01:47:35 19/12/2016
Quote: Drek95
Won't talk about Skymiibos because Imaginators shown how guest-stars should be handled properly.

B-But... It was VV who did the Imaginators' Guest Star content... TfB had nothing to do with it... N-Nothing at all...
---
Bruh
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#25028 Posted: 12:44:57 19/12/2016
Got gameplay of some of the rarer Wave 3 figures live for y'all before I leave on holidays this week smilie All Level 20 with one of the skill branches fully unlocked.

Pain-Yatta

Good golly, the screen is just constantly full of colour and SFX when you're playing as this guy, haha. He has a lot of abilities that don't help out that much but he's heaps of fun to play as.

Legendary Pit Boss

This guy is crazy overpowered once he's got some upgrades. You can carry enemies around to incapacitate them which also boosts the power of his snake form, dealing crazy damage to everyone around him. His projectile attack is really fast too, and you can use his pit attack to deal with enemies in other areas.

Mystical Bad Juju

She seems quite weak at first but you can pull off some cool maneuvers once she's been upgraded a bit. You can use Juju Junior to hit enemies from a distance, and can reel him back in to knock away enemies who get too close to you. A very different style of play to the other Senseis.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#25029 Posted: 13:25:06 19/12/2016
Can we please stop with this whole "TfB is afraid of getting out of their comfort zone" thing, please?
I feel like people give them way less credits than they should.

Let's look at Trap Team (first game after V.V.'s debut): first game to introduce a non-Skylander gimmick figure, first game to make villains playable in some way and let's not forget the introduction of Light and Dark.

TfB definitely did some great up front work on Skylanders, and they have an excellent attention to detail - like the little things that are always in their games. However, they ARE resistant to updating their original formula - whether that be from a lack of an innovative spirit, or just reticent to change what works ("not invented here" syndrome). They are on record saying they didn't like things that were added by VV, like jumping - and said they would undo it if they could.

Let's face it, jump pads are terrible, particularly in two player - this is a case of them valuing their design over what the customers want overwhelmingly. As a software developer, I've run into this - times when clients wanted changes that did not fit in with my design, but they are paying the bills and using my software, so you adapt and make their demands work. And when their ideas are right, and it does improve things - you don't try to push the features back out of the software out of pride. There are many instances of this in TfB Skylanders games. My biggest frustration with Trap Team (which I thoroughly enjoyed) was the things they removed or added back after Swap Force.
#25030 Posted: 13:55:25 19/12/2016
Guys I'm not saying that their work isn't good I like their games...I just need an updaaaate !!!
I want more parts and gears
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#25031 Posted: 15:14:29 19/12/2016
Damn, so if VV never stepped in, we would still have no jumping and old graphics? That's crazy.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#25032 Posted: 15:50:12 19/12/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
Damn, so if VV never stepped in, we would still have no jumping and old graphics? That's crazy.

Yeah and Kaos's mom would look like Kaos in a wig lol
#25033 Posted: 16:01:42 19/12/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42

Acti would push them to move to newer console standards eventually, but they might've gone the way of Legend of Spyro and improved shaders instead of model quality.
---
#25034 Posted: 00:10:07 20/12/2016
Quote: Crash10

B-But... It was VV who did the Imaginators' Guest Star content... TfB had nothing to do with it... N-Nothing at all...

Well, technically Bowser and Donkey Kong were specifically requested by V.V.'s former leaders out of their love for Nintendo while I guess Crash and Cortex were more of a Sony request to promote the remake trilogy (and possibly to have both Spyro and Crash in the same game once again).
That being said, they did an amazing job both with the characters and the Adventure Pack, absolutely outstanding.

And I definitely agree that TfB is less prone to big innovations compared to V.V. (which again I don't consider as a problem, but what is true is true), but one thing is saying that and another is repeating that "they never exit their comfort zone".
That's what I find exaggerate, to say the least.

Regarding the "Skylanders is doomed" discussion, it's not much but today I read the first italian article about the series, and thus the toys-to-life genre being close to its end.
Sure, their only proof is that apparently 2017 won't see a new game (which I think it's pretty much confirmed by now), which doesn't immediately mean it has been cancelled, and their explanations are things like "Imaginators was the peak of the series and now it is slowly decaying".
Except the series cannot be decaying if this year's game, the latest, is it's peak.

Won't bother linking it because automatic translation may cause unnedeed panic.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#25035 Posted: 13:29:47 20/12/2016
...Crystal...or Candy Pain-Yatta ...might be the first chase variant I'm willing to spend money on...holy crap...
- Unreall
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#25036 Posted: 17:50:19 20/12/2016
Yeah, that Pain-Yatta variant is beautiful ;.; I'd definitely pick up that one if I saw it. One of the better chase variants.
---
Purple dragon.
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#25037 Posted: 13:21:10 21/12/2016

Well, technically Bowser and Donkey Kong were specifically requested by V.V.'s former leaders out of their love for Nintendo while I guess Crash and Cortex were more of a Sony request to promote the remake trilogy (and possibly to have both Spyro and Crash in the same game once again).
That being said, they did an amazing job both with the characters and the Adventure Pack, absolutely outstanding.

And I definitely agree that TfB is less prone to big innovations compared to V.V. (which again I don't consider as a problem, but what is true is true), but one thing is saying that and another is repeating that "they never exit their comfort zone".
That's what I find exaggerate, to say the least.

Regarding the "Skylanders is doomed" discussion, it's not much but today I read the first italian article about the series, and thus the toys-to-life genre being close to its end.
Sure, their only proof is that apparently 2017 won't see a new game (which I think it's pretty much confirmed by now), which doesn't immediately mean it has been cancelled, and their explanations are things like "Imaginators was the peak of the series and now it is slowly decaying".
Except the series cannot be decaying if this year's game, the latest, is it's peak.

Won't bother linking it because automatic translation may cause unnedeed panic.

I just loved the ideas of Donkey Kong and Bowser being in Superchargers and Crash and Cortex being in Imaginators. Their inclusion makes both games so amazing to me. smilie While I'm still disapponted that Kirby, Peach and Fox were scrapped from Superchargers, the fact I can play as Donkey Kong and Bowser is good enough for me in SuperChargers. smilie I can't wait to play as Crash and Cortex in imaginators once I get their hands on them. Hope I'll get them for Christmas. smilie I wonder if there will be a future skylanders game that will hint a Classic Spyro HD remake too? smilie

I don't really care that Toys for Bob doesn't have as much exciting stuff then Vicarious Visions. To me, both companies are equally awesome. smilie

So the Itallian news "confirms" that there will be no 2017 Skylanders game? While I do agree with you on the fact it may not have anything to do with the whole Skylanders series being cancelled thing, I still think this whole no 2017 game is just an ugly rumor. If there really is no 2017 game that's confimed by both USA and Itallian news, why doesn't Activision just confirm it already? It'll save us a lot of trouble of dwelling and paniking on the news and rumors. I'll truly understand that it's true if the next Skylanders game is taking a long time to develop and it won't make it in time for a 2017 release. But give up on it so soon just because of poor sales? i don't beileve it one bit. DX
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#25038 Posted: 13:26:59 21/12/2016
What Itallian article are we talkin' about?
---
#25039 Posted: 00:35:00 22/12/2016
This one:

http://it.ign.com/skylanders-i...ne-della-storia

They even talk about how Dimensions won't last either because it does a poor job relating to kids; because obviously are the only customers interested in toys to life.
Activision made the focus target very clear since the beginning but I don't think Lego did the same.

The A-Team and Portal figures aren't certainly aimed at kids but that doesn't mean they were "poor choices", simply a way to attract older customers.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#25040 Posted: 00:54:47 22/12/2016
This one:

They even talk about how Dimensions won't last either because it does a poor job relating to kids; because obviously are the only customers interested in toys to life.
Activision made the focus target very clear since the beginning but I don't think Lego did the same.

The A-Team and Portal figures aren't certainly aimed at kids but that doesn't mean they were "poor choices", simply a way to attract older customers.

Hmm, reading it and it's source article doesn't confirm it IMO, the over all source is the original video, which itself just discusses the possibility of it ending, and just that.
---
#25041 Posted: 02:10:09 22/12/2016
New minigame on the website!

Did I say minigame? I meant fanfic generator.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#25042 Posted: 03:02:31 22/12/2016
Quote: Bifrost
New minigame on the website!

Did I say minigame? I meant fanfic generator.

My computer isn't working very well at that moment so I can't check the link, but what do you do in the minigame?
---
Dead
#25043 Posted: 03:38:30 22/12/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
This one:

Hmm, reading it and it's source article doesn't confirm it IMO, the over all source is the original video, which itself just discusses the possibility of it ending, and just that.

Yeah, maybe "confirm" wasn't the right term, but seeing how they said the insider was a trustworthy source (in another article listed below) it seems like it's probable we won't at least get a new game in 2017.
Which, of course, doesn't mean the series has been abandoned.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#25044 Posted: 09:23:21 22/12/2016
Wow that has to be the lamest minigame thing I've ever saw. Basically you select some parts, some slogans and it does this:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Stay Cool!
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#25045 Posted: 10:12:45 22/12/2016
This new online game (if you can call it that) sucks big time. Some fanfic generator, or Mad Lib knockoff? I'm too apathetic to find out. They actually expect me to read? Pathetic.
#25046 Posted: 10:42:56 22/12/2016
I actully dont mind this game, the only down side is that i cant use other skylanders instead.

forget what i said, not thier best mini game.

its easier just to write your own fanfic.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 11:59:26 22/12/2016 by omer1698
#25047 Posted: 16:56:34 22/12/2016
off topic quastion: is there a place here that i can post my skylanders spin off ideas?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#25048 Posted: 17:08:28 22/12/2016
Quote: omer1698
off topic quastion: is there a place here that i can post my skylanders spin off ideas?

Here.
---
Bruh
#25049 Posted: 17:40:31 22/12/2016
Quote: omer1698

Here.

Thenks.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
First | Previous | Page 501 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 499 500 501 502 503 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me