darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 616 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 614 615 616 617 618 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#30751 Posted: 00:42:43 20/12/2017
Yeah I don't really feel like the story in Skylanders matters THAT much. It's a bit of fun on the side, but that's about it.

We have Skylanders Academy for a version of Skylanders that focuses on story.
---
Boop me if you see this.
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#30752 Posted: 01:00:09 20/12/2017
Whether or not the story is important depends on the game IMO. Skylanders isn't a game where I'd consider the story important, as long as the level design and Skylanders are good, that's all that matters.

Imaginators isn't the worst story I've seen. That award would go to either Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest or Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth - FE14 was more because of how terrible the writing was, EOV more because of its lack of story, aside from 3rd Stratum.

Imaginators story was actually quite decent in comparison, from what I remember. And besides, Imaginators was aimed at kids - FE14 and EOV were aimed towards a more adult audience, with FE having an entire history or semi-decent to good stories.

No matter how bad Imaginators is, I fail to believe that it will ever have a worse plot device than (Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest spoilers)
that crystal ball that appears after the Valla chapter, which results in the main character deciding to go to war against his own family and kill millions of people.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#30753 Posted: 11:48:10 20/12/2017
I care about the plot of these games, but it’s absolutely not my priority.
My opinion on what’s important in this series changed a lot through the years: at first I thought I would have been perfectly fine as long as they kept adding fun and crestive characters and left the core gameplay untouched, but after SWAP Force gave me exactly that I realized there were much more to my ideal Skylanders experience.

Trap Team is where I personally think this series reached its peak, though Imaginators is right next to it (can’t even properly decide which one is my favorite), and that’s probably because of its huge burst of creativity and cool concepts in basically every aspect of it.
Ironically I felt that a lot less in the title with the focus on imagination itself.
Yet SuperChargers has probably my favorite plot of them all for a numbers of reason... But it’s still my lesst favorite.

As I said before, I cannot help but see or latest (and perhaps last) game as a love letter to all the fans and I think that honestly shows pretty much everywhere.
It’s basically a situation of “doesn’t make sense? Doesn’t matter as long as it makes our fans smile”, which I totally understand might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
I know and acknowledge the fact its plot is different and nowhere as dramatic, intense and likely well written as SuperChargers’ but the fact is there is just so much more to enjoy that I can ignore it.
With the previous game it was almost the contrary, and that was not entirely V.V.’s fault either.

Drawdler, I understand completely.
The truth is that it’s way harder to admit that something, especially if we are really passionate about it, is simply “good” or “decent” instead of “amazing” or “horrendous”.
I’m most likely guilty myself especially because I doubt I can realize when I’m doing that, but I firmly believe a lot of what society has led us to consider with such extreme connotations is actually just “really good” or “really bad” and doesn’t exclude potential redeeming qualities or flaws in both cases.
And subjectivity makes it even harder, a lot harder.

Honsetly have yet to find a purely “trash” work where I litterally enjoyed nothing about.
Came across many “masterpieces” but again, just subjectively speaking. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#30754 Posted: 12:02:36 20/12/2017
I care about the writing more than the plot. It can be Kaos doing his thing once again, as long as it's a fun romp, maybe with lore. None of Imaginators felt like a fun romp because all the lines that amount to 'ugh let's do this AGAIN wow look at this unexplicable funny thing yeah I know you're not laughing' made it pretty obvious the writer was as bitter as a lot of fans. When they weren't trying to be Academy and falling flat on their faces, of course. RIP canon Eruptor.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:03:12 20/12/2017 by Bifrost
#30755 Posted: 13:23:03 20/12/2017
I didn't like Superchargers much either, I'll admit, but... Vault of the Ancients, I think that was its name? One of the best levels in the series IMO, even with vehicles - ESPECIALLY with vehicles, this was one of those very few times I liked that and didn't think "oh, another vehicle segment to make my Skylander useless".

It felt like thise vehicle levels from SSA and SG, except done right - yes, that's something SSC has over my absolute favourite, some levels had vehicle segments that didn't annoy me. There were a few levels in SSA and SG that focused on that, and I didn't like them at all. Vault of the Ancients, on the other hand, was awesome.

If vehicle segments return in Sky7, I hope they're like VotA. Heck, after VotA, I really hope they come back. Just not as a gimmick - just as a one-off level near the end, like how Kirby games tend to have special stuff like that near the end, and that's why I love Kirby so much. Skylanders needs interesting stuff in its levels every now and then too - just one level, not a whole damned game next time.
---
#30756 Posted: 15:45:24 21/12/2017
Flynn being unbearable in SC is something most people agree on, liking the game or not. Thank Eon, Malefor, the Darkness and whoever else for the fact he has like 3 lines outside of bonus missions in SI, even if it's only one good thing in a sea of meh decisions and cut content.

Chill Bill and Broccoli Guy's arena dialogue is great, but that's because it makes sense for them to poke fun at everything since they've, in-universe, seen everything being on both sides of the battle. Bonus Missions are where it gets just sad - from Mags throwing random catchphrases that make Beowulf from Skullgirls sound original, to Buzz and Flynn talking like they transcribed two toddlers arguing.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:46:25 21/12/2017 by Bifrost
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30757 Posted: 17:05:23 21/12/2017
I don't want to write an entire paragraph about imaginators since just thinking about its serious flaws piss me the **** off. Either way, in other news about to make a new topic yes yes I know that's not a good idea but I felt as if I need to get this off my chest as I've known this for a while.

EDIT: here's the topic //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...&page=1#6314380
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:31:50 21/12/2017 by SkyFan91
#30758 Posted: 01:28:14 25/12/2017
Merry Christmas, smilie!

Let’s hope our next one will come along with a new installment of our beloved purple pest, be it a Skylanders’ title or not. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
spyrofangreek Emerald Sparx Gems: 3097
#30759 Posted: 07:25:40 25/12/2017
merry christmas in everyone the users darkspyro.net
http://cdn.atomix.vg/wp-conten...09/12/rabbi.jpg
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:55:51 25/12/2017 by spyrofangreek
#30760 Posted: 12:00:42 25/12/2017
Cool gesture, but please stop spamming everything you say on multiple sections across more than one Skylanders forum.
---
#30761 Posted: 13:55:48 25/12/2017
Merry Christmas!
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#30762 Posted: 20:54:41 27/12/2017
T H I S S E R I E S I S S O D E C E A S E D A N D I T M A K E S M E S A D .
#30763 Posted: 22:40:44 27/12/2017
Quote: Swap Force Fan

This has all you've been saying this year and I've never seen you say a different sentence and that's starting to get quite annoying : P
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#30764 Posted: 22:49:05 27/12/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

This has all you've been saying this year and I've never seen you say a different sentence and that's starting to get quite annoying : P

You say like this wasn't the case for every single user in this sub-forum.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:49:30 27/12/2017 by Crash10
#30765 Posted: 23:19:49 27/12/2017
Hey I've been making a few jokes

...On S&N

I just hope the mobile game gets a reveal already so we can turn on the give-up machine or actually start caring again until October for Academy.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#30766 Posted: 00:18:05 28/12/2017

Says you
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#30767 Posted: 02:48:03 28/12/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Says you

I A M A L S O D E A D
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30768 Posted: 07:31:46 28/12/2017
the***series***is***dead.***crash***bandicoot***and***skullgirls***are***bad***games***ok***カ***哀ピ王泳***ギ***淫らモ***ぇ域維
#30769 Posted: 12:42:45 28/12/2017
Don't *clap* diss *clap* the *clap* best *clap* looking *clap* oh god I can't keep this up, nevermind

but even if the mobile game makes cash, we won't see the spider Skylander dream come true, god dammit
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:43:44 28/12/2017 by Bifrost
#30770 Posted: 14:13:53 28/12/2017
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=127451&post=6315132]ZapNorris[/url]]the***series***is***dead.***crash***bandicoot***and***skullgirls***are***bad***games***ok***カ***哀ピ王泳***ギ***淫らモ***ぇ域維[/quote]

Nsane trilogy was pretty ****ing bad actually lol
#30771 Posted: 15:57:53 28/12/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Don't *clap* diss *clap* the *clap* best *clap* looking *clap* oh god I can't keep this up, nevermind

but even if the mobile game makes cash, we won't see the spider Skylander dream come true, god dammit

rest in ****ing peace gargoyle skylander
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#30772 Posted: 16:35:34 28/12/2017
Rest In Peace very attractive skylanders in skimpy clothing
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#30773 Posted: 16:47:45 28/12/2017
It's over isn't it.
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#30774 Posted: 17:00:22 28/12/2017
Quote: Dark35
It's over isn't it.

No, did you even read what was said? The mobile game is still in the works. However, huge chance of it just using existing Skylanders for whatever gameplay it has, with the series as is Acti wouldn't spend a dime on art that's not needed.

And after 6 games and the Undead repeating species over and over but not using any of the common stuff like spiders, gargoyles, a traditional mummy (Krypt King is cool, but yet another skeleton), one can be a bit salty.
---
#30775 Posted: 20:14:58 28/12/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
the***series***is***dead.***crash***bandicoot***and***skullgirls***are***bad***games***ok***カ***哀ピ王泳***ギ***淫らモ***ぇ域維

Yeah, but Skullgirls has waifus. Meanwhile, Skylanders has Stealth Elf, and... uh... I can't think of any others who could possibly spawn any following of that kind. Skylanders needs to learn a lesson or two from Fire Emblem.

SKYLANDERS: WAIFU WARS
---
#30776 Posted: 20:19:15 28/12/2017
Skullgirls literally had a waifu war tho

Like, that was the second part of their Indiegogo. Voting for 2 out of 42 characters, 3 of these being required to finish the plot
then none of them won

Either way, there wasn't any need for waifu wars here since you can buy your waifu at a store, no lootbox needed. Sprocket was under fire for a little bit back in Giants, but that game was full of cool looking ladies and people learned pretty quick that there were plenty to come yet.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:22:55 28/12/2017 by Bifrost
#30777 Posted: 22:39:46 28/12/2017
6 games and not a single sand-based Skylander.
Maybe there is a villain who can use some sand manipulation but it’s still not his her main theme *angrily looking at Grave Clobber’s Element change*.

They could have been really creative and come up with a Magic sandman-like being but nope, closest we got to it was Dune Bug... Kinda.
Rubble Rouser was good enough to end up in the final game, but I didn’t got my sand shapeshifter mummy?
Come. On.

To be fair it also amuses me how they didn’t take advantage of that cliché but again, we did get less inspired designs instead.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#30778 Posted: 02:16:42 29/12/2017
I want more "creepy" designs for Undead and/or Dark, like SSA and SG. I'm doubtful, since Acti probably deemed the designs too creepy for kids, but I'd like it nonetheless. They kinda returned to this in Imaginators (and, to a lesser extent, TT, although they weren't much compared to some characters in SSA and SG) with Hood Sickle, which I liked.

I mean, Undead is... Undead. And Dark is Dark. Undead is typically associated with skeletons and ghosts and stuff, dark is typically associated with evil and fear. So why do we barely get any of that?

Imagine a clown, maybe like Pennywise from It. Of course that sort of thing isn't going to become a Skylander, but it's way more deserving of the title "Dark" than the likes of Nightfall or Starcast, who I think are way too literal for a fantasy game with dragons and elves. This isn't some smartass sci-fi game with all sorts of original ideas, this is a basic fantasy game, this is Skylanders.

Or a spider. A clown, a spider, a demon, whatever. Anything that is dark. Same with undead - we haven't had a proper undead Skylander since STT, and then there were only two then anyway. Across the entire six games, we have (Undead):

3 skeletons (Ghost Roaster, Funny Bone, Ozzy (Fright Rider))
2 skeleton/robot hybrids (Chop Chop, Krypt King)
And then, the "non-dead", so to speak:
3 vampires (Roller Brawl, Night Shift, Bat Spin)
2 snakes (Rattle Shake, Pit Boss)
2 things that have skull-themed masks, IDK what they are (Fiesta, Chopscotch)
1 [something that looks like a company's mascot made to look a bit like ol' Grim] (Grim Creeper)
1 werewolf (Wolfgang)
1 sorcerer (Hex)
1 dragon (Cynder)
1 floating eye/headless giant (Eye Brawl)
1 elf (Fright Rider)
1 puppet (Short Cut)

Quite a lot of "non-dead" for Undead, it seems. However, some earlier characters like Hex have a decent amount of Undead-ness, so those I can understand. Others, like Rattle Shake, not so much. Actually, those sorts don't belong in Dark either - I think they were more a case of "oh ****, where do we put this Skylander?" and they just used Undead as a regular scapegoat.
---
#30779 Posted: 03:23:29 29/12/2017
tech is also a victim of "same design syndrome"

1 gremlin thing (trigger happy)
2 reptiles with cybernetics (drobot, chopper)
1 troll with cybernetics (boomer)
4 golden people of indeterminate species (sprocket, spy rise, high volt, chain reaction)
1 weird imp thing (tread head)
1 green guy of indeterminate species (dr krankcase)
8 robots (drill sergeant, bouncer, magna charge, countdown, wind up, jawbreaker, gearshift, ro-bow)
#30780 Posted: 04:56:28 29/12/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
I mean, Undead is... Undead. And Dark is Dark. Undead is typically associated with skeletons and ghosts and stuff, dark is typically associated with evil and fear. So why do we barely get any of that?

The Dark Element is more about literal darkness, not evil and fear. So the characters use shadows and black holes, which are... Well... Dark things. Light is on the same boat, being more about literal light beams/bursts than heroic and good things.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:57:11 29/12/2017 by Crash10
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#30781 Posted: 07:39:56 29/12/2017
I alwaysd wanted to see a mermaid or elephant skylander. I think that even if there will be sky7 then we still will not see any of the good staff like undead spider or a sand based earth skylander.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#30782 Posted: 09:14:24 29/12/2017
I don’t think that a mermaid will ever work as a skylander
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#30783 Posted: 09:26:48 29/12/2017
Quote: KingMed

But we already got Ka-Boom.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#30784 Posted: 13:54:52 29/12/2017
Quote: Muffin Man

Yesh I know but his gameplay sucked ( at least i didn’t enjoy playing as him )

I want characters like these

https://pin.it/gk4y4kwyil6r67
https://pin.it/hxwwly6hzkb6ab
https://pin.it/uujrjtireywixj
https://pin.it/nbfjdnzykbmwz3
https://pin.it/mbritn236bonri
https://pin.it/ey6ulaevlxvefm
https://pin.it/b7qblawefb7bt6
https://pin.it/n3dyyqh2vxcezl
https://pin.it/tnvspwvnayzn7d
https://pin.it/sxewwdh4nvc25t
https://pin.it/iksndk2bnfstr5
Sorry for posting this many I just couldn’t resist they look soooo good

What I meant was I want the franchise to consider characters that are a bit more mature design wise , but not too mature just not Super childish
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:02:49 29/12/2017 by KingMed
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#30785 Posted: 14:12:29 29/12/2017
I don’t think that a mermaid will ever work as a skylander

It actually could create an awesome water skylander if it was in a floating bubble of water all the time, and used that water as its attack/resource.
-Unreall
#30786 Posted: 15:00:40 29/12/2017
Just do it like Pokémon, have the mermaid float. I also love the mermaid designs on Skylanders(which is only visible in the lorebooks and Mask of Power) so I could see one working really well. They're far from pretty and humanlike, but still elegant.

Not sure about the Undead argument tho. We had Fiesta and Chopscotch who are very undead looking. BUT, yet again, skeletons.
Undead is not just bones, it's also zombies(Hex is the only one that fits), spiders, haunted armor(KK again, he's just a skeleton), horror movie creatures in general, and as of Imaginators it's also about pestilence, meaning disease and poison. It was explored well on individual designs, but there's more to ghouls than what we got.

edit: discusing here since the TT topic is very dead. Finally going back to do that wiki work of compiling aaaalll the trap quotes people often miss. I think the poor sales on STT were more from the sheer amount of VA as well as the toy quantity; it's crazy how many lines you're never going to hear in three playthroughs. Soul Gems especially, because you probably stick to one villain per level or two.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:10 29/12/2017 by Bifrost
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#30787 Posted: 20:29:51 29/12/2017
Quote: Muffin Man

Yesh I know but his gameplay sucked ( at least i didn’t enjoy playing as him )

I want characters like these

https://pin.it/gk4y4kwyil6r67
https://pin.it/hxwwly6hzkb6ab
https://pin.it/uujrjtireywixj
https://pin.it/nbfjdnzykbmwz3
https://pin.it/mbritn236bonri
https://pin.it/ey6ulaevlxvefm
https://pin.it/b7qblawefb7bt6
https://pin.it/n3dyyqh2vxcezl
https://pin.it/tnvspwvnayzn7d
https://pin.it/sxewwdh4nvc25t
https://pin.it/iksndk2bnfstr5
Sorry for posting this many I just couldn’t resist they look soooo good

What I meant was I want the franchise to consider characters that are a bit more mature design wise , but not too mature just not Super childish

i would love skylanders like those images.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:20 29/12/2017 by omer1698
#30788 Posted: 21:01:51 29/12/2017
TIL that characters vibrate at maximum velocity if you set them on a pile of small enemies next to a wall in Trap Team. Jump on some Buzzer Beaks or Chompies in your next TT replay for some fun.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:10 29/12/2017 by Bifrost
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#30789 Posted: 15:44:39 30/12/2017
Quote: Drawdler
I usually don't dislike you, but I definitely don't like you and think you have had a bad impact on this forum, lmao. Bye.

Boii got completely destroyed lol

So yeah, I'm also done with Skylanders, beside the 15 mins of Imaginators every 1-3 weeks. Most of my collection was sold several months ago after playing with each Skylanders since the first game in Imaginators. I'm still curious about the mobile game, it could be good, but I have no expectations. I don't regret being invested in that series at all, but I also don't miss it as I replaced it with other interests (that are way less expensive).

Drawdler, we stopped talking as I stopped posting in the community (that's life) but I want to say it was a pleasure knowing you in the past, I'm glad you found someone and that you are happier.

Bifrost, I always appreciated your attitude and contribution to the community, even if there were a few times in the past where we did not agree. I think you are an important part of the community despite not being a youtube personality or whatever.
---
bye
#30790 Posted: 16:19:24 30/12/2017
Aww, that's nice newkill, see you and Drawdler around if ever. I'll still stick around because of Offtopic, and I still have work on the wiki until Season 3. It'll be a nice surprise if the franchise actually makes it through, but there are plenty of games and memes elsewhere, even on this forum.

It's kinda like with Neopets. I know it's not going to last, but until it starts being actually harmful, I can drop by when I feel like it. I finally have other places to go but I won't forget so many years of my internet life so quickly.
---
#30791 Posted: 16:27:46 30/12/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Bifrost, I feel like Flynn had a way bigger presence than that. But again I really can't talk much about SC's story because I barely remember it. However it feels like he turns up on your communication doodle most, which is annoying as someone who just wants gameplay and skips cutscenes. SC just sucked for me, I really want something new to do with my collection and I keep thinking about that game because I really didn't play much, but then I remember how I hate it.

Quote: ZapNorris

Nsane trilogy was pretty ****ing bad actually lol

I think this is the first post you made on this topic that I actually agree with lol. I don't think I would call it that bad but it certainly isn't good... I used to think the original trilogy was really good but remake showed me how much waiting 1 had and how eh 3 was and I never really liked 2 that much (I don't understand why it's the fan favorite). Most of all though they completely ****ed the game feel. Whoever thought the new collision system was good... Why. I'm really glad I never brought a PS4, because that game was all I really wanted on it, and I ended up disliking it when I played it on my sister's.

Also im just going to say it, I hate how you always say "SI sucks" but never explain why. I'm not trying to egg you on. I had the same feeling about SC, and now I just look back at it as "glad that's over". But frankly I still tried to discuss it and you are adding nothing to discussion by just repeatedly saying it's the worst and complaining about the story (everyone agrees that sucks, you just keep saying it like its a game breaker to everyone). Plus you never responded to anything else I said about the fandom or the like so lol you are not good at discussion. I'm sorry if that comes across as harsh but frankly I don't think you would care if I tried to say it more eloquently anyway. I usually don't dislike you, but I definitely don't like you and think you have had a bad impact on this forum, lmao. Bye.

but zap is right Skylanders is dead

Actually I came back to post about something sort of along those lines.

I know I'm really inactive on this section anyway but folks, I just wanna say goodbye because I don't like to just fade away. So, goodbye. This fandom hasn't been any fun since Krakatoa and right now, like I've said, it feels like nobody outside a couple of regulars that were always great is having real discussions about opinions and there are frankly users here who kind of piss me off or annoy me sometimes. And again, few that I feel really add to discussions. This fandom is boring at best now. Pretty much nobody will actually discuss what they say anymore and nothing of interest is left for this franchise.

Not trying to attention whore, but okay if you think I am. The series had a good run, but wether we actually get another game or not it's over for me. I know I've said it before. I just feel like I saw everything interesting to me in these games, I critiqued them aplenty, I played them for probably thousands of hours. I've posted my fond memories before in this section (otherwise I would post them here). I've talked about which of the games now I like and how much I still like some. But I don't think I'm ever going to play them much again until some nostalgia bug bites me, I've completed everything I can think of in these games and there's nothing I can think of doin in any of them anymore... Plus I just don't think they're great anymore, more usually good. These games aren't worth the amount I spent on them. I don't even think the memories are. I don't like how my last memories of this fandom are of it being so dead... I miss the SF and even TT days. This fandom sucks now, not in a toxic way (the complaints and squabbles between certain users here are so tame it's almost amusing...), but like in terms of fun. There's no fun left here, it's just dead. And I don't even care about the games anymore or feel like I can say anything new since I've recapped my thoughts right here and shared my memories of the franchise not terribly long ago on a topic here. Skylanders is over for me and I am glad to move past this fandom.

At least I can say getting into this series got me back on this site and I found my boyfriend who I dearly love here. That's... Not really thanks to Skylanders and I didn't really meet him through this series or find it important between us or something, but it's still a thing. I wouldn't trade him for the world and I know he wouldn't trade me for the universe, but I also don't think I stayed on this site long enough to meet him just due to staying with the series. Who knows. That's how it be. That's what I'm moving onto.

Peace out all, hope you guys continue to enjoy these games more than I do nowadays.

Why imaginators is the worst: old characters nerfed hard, assets reused in more then one level, NPC's act like garbage at times, lots of enemies get reused in levels (chompies are fine since iconic), uninteresting story, no character development AT ALL, the M.A.P is bleh, can't reset crystals, and more. Now you know why idly like imaginators. It's just all around pretty bad in my eyes.

Why Nsane Trilogy sucks: now the games look great and the animation and cutscenes are amazing don't get me wrong, BUT ITS THE ****ING GLITCHES OH MY GOODNESS! They could've patched it they really could've but noooooope Activision damage controlled the entire damn thing just like COD. The controls are fine but I can't go through one ****ing play without coming through a glitch every ten seconds. It's a broken game. And Dan Tangaway clearly didn't know what he was doing as a game director I'm sorry but whatever position he had before he should go back to. I don't wish any illness towards him or anyone but my god Nsane trilogy is BAD : /
#30792 Posted: 16:43:19 30/12/2017
"the games look great and the cutscenes are amazing, the controls are fine"
"nsane trilogy sucks"

choose one. That's sounding like some gaming journalists dismissing entire games because the main character is too sexy. I have also seen LPs of all three games with like a handful of glitches at the most, day one patch, and the usual for low priority AAA? It's sounding pretty hyperbolic.

Also, more silly Trap Team reports: Bad Juju actually hates Golden Queen, Gulper likes architecture and drops the stupid act for a hot minute. Man I wish there was more villain interaction, it's such a shame to have all this VA work go into lines you won't hear unless you idle at the Academy for 10+ minutes. Not an exaggeration, the line is decided by RNG.
Like, have a specific area where the villains can interact or something. Even TT3DS tried to have the vault be a physical location but the cells are all statues.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:46:08 30/12/2017 by Bifrost
#30793 Posted: 16:46:02 30/12/2017
Quote: Bifrost
"the games look great and the cutscenes are amazing, the controls are fine"
"nsane trilogy sucks"

choose one. That's sounding like some gaming journalists dismissing entire games because the main character is too sexy. I have also seen LPs of all three games with like a handful of glitches at the most, day one patch, and the usual for low priority AAA? It's sounding pretty hyperbolic.

Also, more silly Trap Team reports: Bad Juju actually hates Golden Queen, Gulper likes architecture and drops the stupid act for a hot minute. Man I wish there was more villain interaction, it's such a shame to have all this VA work go into lines you won't hear unless you idle at the Academy for 10+ minutes. Not an exaggeration, the line is decided by RNG.

Read what I said, the game breaking glitches are the problem. If they actually fix that (which I doubt) ten I'd actually like this trilogy a lot more
#30794 Posted: 17:06:55 30/12/2017
A game can be glitchy and still fun and good... You're on the Skylanders forum and just yesterday I described how to get characters to vibrate on enemy piles. Their development pretty visibly ignored or wasn't able to fix the QA's concerns regularly.

In fact, so many nostalgic games are glitchy af, patches weren't a thing several generations ago. Something something shakes cane, you had to send your game back to the developers to get a fixed save.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:08:16 30/12/2017 by Bifrost
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#30795 Posted: 20:22:26 30/12/2017
No offense Skyfan, but I feel like you are being objective about your opinions. I’m pretty sure you don’t intend it that way, but that’s how I see it.
---
Soon.
#30796 Posted: 20:24:31 30/12/2017
I'm just asking myself where and with who I'll talk about the games from Giants onward when (or if) I ever play them.
---
Bruh
#30797 Posted: 20:31:58 30/12/2017
Quote: Crash10
I'm just asking myself where and with who I'll talk about the games from Giants onward when (or if) I ever play them.

Well, it can still be here, it'll just be fewer responses. Or on Discord, there's more than one Skylanders group there.
---
First | Previous | Page 616 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 614 615 616 617 618 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me