darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 611 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 609 610 611 612 613 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#30501 Posted: 16:42:56 24/10/2017
Me neither
FlyingHigh Green Sparx Gems: 470
#30502 Posted: 17:28:51 24/10/2017
Skylanders were the first on the market and now they are the last ones which there are... The end of Lego Dimensions is a big chance to win new generations. I hope they will try..
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30503 Posted: 17:37:40 24/10/2017
Quote: FlyingHigh
Skylanders were the first on the market and now they are the last ones which there are... The end of Lego Dimensions is a big chance to win new generations. I hope they will try..

I believe they will try. With sky 7 they gotta bring it I'm telling y'all. Sky 7 could very well be the last game in the franchise. VV do. Not. Disapoint. Please.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:38:37 24/10/2017 by SkyFan91
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2799
#30504 Posted: 17:44:51 24/10/2017
As far as we know, the 2018 mobile title might be Sky7.

However, this situation reminds me tremendously of the fandom of Crash Bandicoot in 2008.
I am the admin of the Italian Crash fansite and I can assure you that we have lived literally the same thing you are experiencing now.
At least you still have the support of merchandising and TV series.
We Crash fans only had two mobile titles and then silence for 8 long years.

I hope this is not the case for this series as well.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
#30505 Posted: 17:52:29 24/10/2017
Quote: danyq94
As far as we know, the 2018 mobile title might be Sky7.

However, this situation reminds me tremendously of the fandom of Crash Bandicoot in 2008.
I am the admin of the Italian Crash fansite and I can assure you that we have lived literally the same thing you are experiencing now.
At least you still have the support of merchandising and TV series.
We Crash fans only had two mobile titles and then silence for 8 long years.

I hope this is not the case for this series as well.

The only reason why Crash was on hiatus that long was because of the huge backlash from the fanbase about COTT and MOM. Not only that but Acti had no idea of what to do with the Crash IP. The main reason to his return was Sony making a deal with Activison and were in talks for what I assume a while.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#30506 Posted: 17:57:51 24/10/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

I believe they will try. With sky 7 they gotta bring it I'm telling y'all. Sky 7 could very well be the last game in the franchise. VV do. Not. Disapoint. Please.

Sky 7 isn't going to exist
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2799
#30507 Posted: 17:59:35 24/10/2017
[quote=

The only reason why Crash was on hiatus that long was because of the huge backlash from the fanbase about COTT and MOM. Not only that but Acti had no idea of what to do with the Crash IP. The main reason to his return was Sony making a deal with Activison and were in talks for what I assume a while.

Paradoxically, COTT and MOM are the only Crash games they have sold very well after the PS1 games and TWOC.
CNK, Twinsanity, CTTR and GBA games did not sell much.
The chapters with mutants, however, sold because this games appreciated the tastes of the time.
The gameplay is very similar to Skylanders, if you think about it. They are platform /action/RPG hybrids that work well.

However yes, Activision needed something more captivating, he needed a new one. And here's how Crash was paused to support the Skylanders series with the fantastic feature of Toys To Life.

Sorry for my bad english, anyway.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:00:51 24/10/2017 by danyq94
#30508 Posted: 18:11:34 24/10/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Sky 7 isn't going to exist

Say what you want. Not going to argue with you.
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#30509 Posted: 20:26:55 24/10/2017
There's nothing to argue about, SkyFan91. Profit and fanbase reaction are two different things that rarelly swim within the same tide, you like it or not. I'm a hard Crash fan since I was a child and I dislike CoT and MoM for reasons, but they sold well and that's a fact. So... keep calm, fella.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#30510 Posted: 20:31:30 24/10/2017
Quote: Halvmorke
There's nothing to argue about, SkyFan91. Profit and fanbase reaction are two different things that rarelly swim within the same tide, you like it or not. I'm a hard Crash fan since I was a child and I dislike CoT and MoM for reasons, but they sold well and that's a fact. So... keep calm, fella.

Hal I'm calm :V I'm well aware they've sold well and personably I really enjoyed COTT and MOM.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#30511 Posted: 19:59:33 25/10/2017
I was just thinking, and what if the new Mobile Rpg is based off Academy?

Am I the only one who would literally love that?
No?
Yes?
okay.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#30512 Posted: 20:00:46 25/10/2017
It'd be cool, but Summmoners War has very,very poor writing - not just the poor grasp of english, but Com2us also seems to have no idea of how to handle pacing. We'd get something worse than Imaginators if they tried to follow the show as well.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:01:15 25/10/2017 by Bifrost
#30513 Posted: 20:03:23 25/10/2017
Oh dear. I didn't know that.
Either way the game will prob fail anyway and get deleted like every other Skylanders app lol
---
#30514 Posted: 22:33:43 25/10/2017
Quote: Luminous35
Oh dear. I didn't know that.
Either way the game will prob fail anyway and get deleted like every other Skylanders app lol

I really hope not
#30515 Posted: 20:18:59 26/10/2017
In case no one knows Taun from VV will be doing a Crash Bandicoot stream for Extralife! I bring this up since we could ask what's going on with Skylanders.

Side note: if anyone here takes part into watching the stream, DO NOT pester Tuan. Not all of us need to ask the same question. I'll report the news if he responds with anything that's worth mentioning but he might not say anything on what's going on atm. Here's the tweet if anyone is curious https://twitter.com/ilovekeyfr...179500489822209
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:21:26 26/10/2017 by SkyFan91
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#30516 Posted: 21:16:41 26/10/2017
In case no one knows Taun from VV will be doing a Crash Bandicoot stream for Extralife! I bring this up since we could ask what's going on with Skylanders.

Side note: if anyone here takes part into watching the stream, DO NOT pester Tuan. Not all of us need to ask the same question. I'll report the news if he responds with anything that's worth mentioning but he might not say anything on what's going on atm. Here's the tweet if anyone is curious https://twitter.com/ilovekeyfr...179500489822209

That's interesting, hope someone will ask about Spyro and Crash's future as well.
Though seeing as he has to ask his legal to simply talk about a game that has already been released, I don't think we'll get many answers.

It's sad how a developer doesn't even have the right to talk about his own work, as if he were only a mere worker which just executed what they asked him; maybe it has always been like that, but I like to think it's not like this everywhere.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:21:31 26/10/2017 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#30517 Posted: 21:16:48 26/10/2017
Oh cool! Was this the ssme guy from last year?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#30518 Posted: 21:40:47 26/10/2017
Last guy was Acarl, who seems to use that name in social media in general, so not the same guy. Might be the dev that was answering questions with him tho.

Quote: Drek95

It's sad how a developer doesn't even have the right to talk about his own work, as if he were only a mere worker which just executed what they asked him; maybe it has always been like that, but I like to think it's not like this everywhere.

Funny you should say that, with the recent article about the disgusting crunch "tradition" and other fun practices that make AAA development a thing to be avoided. It's not everywhere, but you probably only find that in AA and indie, and the odd team that can afford good conditions in Europe and stuff.
---
#30519 Posted: 22:48:59 26/10/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Last guy was Acarl, who seems to use that name in social media in general, so not the same guy. Might be the dev that was answering questions with him tho.

Quote: Drek95

Funny you should say that, with the recent article about the disgusting crunch "tradition" and other fun practices that make AAA development a thing to be avoided. It's not everywhere, but you probably only find that in AA and indie, and the odd team that can afford good conditions in Europe and stuff.

Haven't read anything in particular lately, but have heard that's a common situation with waaaay too many companies and teams.
It's surprisingly also the first time I come across the term "crunch", and from what I understood it's like working intensively during one specific period of time, so that everything follows the schedule... Except it's forced.

Don't want to derail the topic horribly, but after all this might have easily happened to a few Skylanders games, and it's showing.

Looking at Media Molecule (which falls in the last group), I wish every development team could work in the same conditions.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:49:35 26/10/2017 by Drek95
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#30520 Posted: 23:35:37 26/10/2017
https://www.extra-life.org/ind...am&teamID=37055

Quote:
Hey there!
Welcome to Vicarious Visions' Extra Life team fundraising page! Our team is on a mission to help sick and injured kids at our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital.

Donation Information:
Anyone who donates between $10-$99 will be recognized on VV's Facebook page.

Folks who donate over $100 will receive a Destiny 2 poster signed by the development team (many of the people who created Destiny 2 for the PC). Supplies are limited to the first 50 donators. These folks will also be recognized on VV's Facebook page.

Your donation is tax-deductible and will make miracles happen for families who desperately need them. To make a safe and easy online donation to a member of our team, click on the "Donate" button at the top of the page.

Thank you so much for supporting our efforts!

I was hoping for a bit of Skylanders swag again. I'd gladly donate $100 to their charity for a normal Chompy Mage right now. A signed Destiny 2 poster does nothing for me.

But yeah, based on last years stream I don't expect any answers about Skylanders but a lot of people trying anyway. I doubt I'll watch as I have a comic con that weekend to visit.
---
Stay Cool!
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30521 Posted: 01:28:12 27/10/2017
Kind of pointless, but fun: I encountered an Undead Creation Crystal in a Tech box this afternoon at WalMart.

[User Posted Image]

It's not super easy to make out, but the casing does NOT show an elemental symbol in the front.

(I'm pretty sure this is just a case of someone swapping the box... If it were in a blister pack like previous games, I would have bought it immediately for auctioning off. But since it's in cardboard, anyone who's just a little bit careful can move a crystal from one box to another without making them look opened. My guess is that someone just turned the crystal around to face the other direction and the Undead symbol is just in the back.)

Also spotted, but not photographed: an entire peg filled with Dark element crystals.
#30522 Posted: 11:57:21 27/10/2017
Ah, photobucket.
---
#30523 Posted: 12:06:32 27/10/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Ah, photobucket.

Bruuuuuuh I see that too! It's just because I'm currently at school atm and this usually happens. Luckily when I go home it'll be fine but it's still annoying :V
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:06:52 27/10/2017 by SkyFan91
#30524 Posted: 13:57:25 27/10/2017
Nope, it's here to stay. If your 3rd party hosting gets seen more than 300 times or something, the site puts it behind a paywall for the uploader. Like, a 400 buck per year paywall. Seen much of 10+ year old user created Neopets content lost because of this bull****.

You'll have to reupload somewhere else if you want us to see it, McMurderpaws :I
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:57:53 27/10/2017 by Bifrost
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30525 Posted: 14:25:49 27/10/2017
Or you could click the stub and be taken to the album. That seems to work too.

Photobucket is indeed B.S. I wonder how long they'll continue to stay in business after pulling this? :/

In any case, I apologize as much as I can over their new practices that are completely out of my control.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#30526 Posted: 21:11:04 27/10/2017
I personally use tinypic.com for my forum images here. They probably don't work like photobucket (I never used that site) but it's good enough for the random image uploading I do.

Anyway, when I click on your images, it's blocked there too. And I so wanted to see a wrong package image! I've seen at least a dozen of them over the years, mostly due to some clerk randomly putting stuff together. Remember how they used to fall off the cards at the lightest touch sometimes? I had a few break apart on me at the stores by my searching around for variants.
---
Stay Cool!
#30527 Posted: 21:16:37 27/10/2017
I use Imgur smilie
---
#30528 Posted: 21:53:59 27/10/2017
I don’t know how to use anything lol
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#30529 Posted: 01:10:50 28/10/2017
Imgur is what all the cool kids use these days.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#30530 Posted: 02:13:16 28/10/2017
On a side note, I got Knight Mare today and I played as her in Trap Team first.

Then I went to Imaginators to get selfies.

God is her dark mist ever annoying for selfies.

Even though it's behind her, you can still see it through her. Gah her graphics are also really weird in Imaginators. And her and Enigma share the same mist animation with Enigma's Second Attack and Knight Mare's Shadow Realm. Are they that lazy?
Wait, yes. They reused Superchargers graphics lmao

Anyway, still love her either way but still ticked off that they made all old characters weaker.
---
#30531 Posted: 23:59:21 29/10/2017

Even though it's behind her, you can still see it through her. Gah her graphics are also really weird in Imaginators. And her and Enigma share the same mist animation with Enigma's Second Attack and Knight Mare's Shadow Realm. Are they that lazy?

Anyway, still love her either way but still ticked off that they made all old characters weaker.

You should totally try them in Trap team especially Knight mare
#30532 Posted: 00:15:19 30/10/2017
Quote: KingMed

You should totally try them in Trap team especially Knight mare

I did... smilie
---
#30533 Posted: 11:21:27 30/10/2017
JV is bootiful
https://twitter.com/mvvd974/status/924959319124213760
#30534 Posted: 16:11:53 30/10/2017
After beating SMO, I am convinced that Skylanders needs to be a platformer like Odyssey. Make 15-20 ope world-ish levels, with a main objective, but also bonus missions riddled through out each, whether it's protecting something, finding something or even just getting to a certain spot, Skylanders would be perfect for it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#30535 Posted: 17:24:25 30/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
After beating SMO, I am convinced that Skylanders needs to be a platformer like Odyssey. Make 15-20 ope world-ish levels, with a main objective, but also bonus missions riddled through out each, whether it's protecting something, finding something or even just getting to a certain spot, Skylanders would be perfect for it.

I wouldn't say no to that! I'd love for Minis, Giants, flying and SWAP characters to have some use (I'm thinking along the lines of Donkey Kong 64 with Tiny Kong, or Chunky Kong when it came to finding secrets in the levels), and if the levels are to be as large as Oddysey, I'd love for the vehicles to feature!

Should Skylanders see any more console games I can see the games going down that route, especially if the open world bubble isn't bursting any time soon! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:25:52 30/10/2017 by Johnbonne
#30536 Posted: 17:58:46 30/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I agree with half of that.

Skylanders should definitely go the open-world route, giving each category of characters its own unique abilities and making you truly want to play with your entire collection again.
Odyssey's structure would work just fine, with some tweaks here and there.

However, I'd say a big "no" about it becoming a platformer.
I like what Skylanders has become through the years, but it's undenyable that from SWAP force one the franchise lost a big chunk of its own initial identity which in my opinion desperately needs to get back.
I wouldn't be against some platforming sections or jumping, just like we currently have in the games, and would love new ways to explore the world more freely such as flying and swimming but I think the series should stick to its original dungeon-crawler nature.

Things changes and so do customers' tastes, but turning it into a "simple" open-world platformer would hurt (definitely too much of a strong word but I couldn't find a better one) the franchise more than it would help it.

I'd also deepen the upgrade and experience system, by allowing us to choose which stats to power up with each level gained, while remembering to still keep it child-friendly.
But I think these specific ideas have been already discussed countless times.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:00:56 30/10/2017 by Drek95
#30537 Posted: 18:13:51 30/10/2017
I see what you mean, I think the levels would need to be chock full of enemies too. I should have expanded on what I mean't more.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#30538 Posted: 18:22:35 30/10/2017
I still stand by my opinion that Skylanders doesn't need to be open-world and works better on a exploration-based linear level design, but I think a few ideas from more open-ended games could work, specially on a hub world.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:23:11 30/10/2017 by Crash10
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#30539 Posted: 18:40:15 30/10/2017
Quote: Crash10
I still stand by my opinion that Skylanders doesn't need to be open-world and works better on a exploration-based linear level design, but I think a few ideas from more open-ended games could work, specially on a hub world.

My ideal Skylanders game has always been a mixture of what yourself, HIHD and Drek have said. Keep the lobby system or a gigantic open world, but filled with deep dungeons (and I mean proper dungeons) like a dungeon crawler. Proceedurally generate them if one must or allow for community creations with rankings. The overworld could be for the typical open world bumf, and the dungeons could have what you suggest like linear exploration and story content.

If this was a sidequel like a head-canon idea I have "The Twin Dilemma: A Skylanders Adventure" (so technically not Skylanders 7, or just something happening during the events of a past game for example), I don't think it would take away too much from the main series.

For example: Bodgeit & Scarper - the twin starter characters of TTD - have to form a band of brigands to take on the pesky Skylanders and liberate the trapped villains in Trap Team. To do this they have to enter caves and other enemy lairs, prove themselves in fights in the dungeons and they keep the boss as a playable character. In the open world they can take on Skylanders who have set up outposts, or stay at home to fight other players who have come to the villains' hideout to test their mettle, or travel to the next story mission.

It's a bit messy but it's just something going on in my noggin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:35 30/10/2017 by Johnbonne
#30540 Posted: 00:18:28 31/10/2017
I agree that it shouldn't become just an open world, should have expressed it better in my previous post: the M.A.P. is a great start but it need to be truly huge and with a camera that follows your characters closely.
Free flight would only be tied to the hub in order to better explore it, while underwater swimming would also work in the regular level, which will retain the original structure of dungeon-crawlers with combat and puzzles.

The hub would be filled with missions and secrets, accessible according to the unique abilities of each Skylanders' category and their respective Elements, and there would be dungeons to complete (they already tried making them randomic in Imaginators, would be interesting to see a more fleshed out version of that concept).

Really like the idea of a story seen from the villains' point of view, especially because we are starting to have a lot of recognizable bad guys which are also becoming more and more popular thanks to the animated show.

Regarding Odyssey, I think HiHD mentioned it because it has a similar spirit to the franchise's, but I amit open-worlds are my weak spot, so I'm probably being biased here.
The point is that unlikely other genres or game designs, being open-world doesn't force a game to become flat but instead offers many possibilities to the developers to make other forms of gameplay and level design to exsist within that structure.

I would see Skylanders working well with an open hub which branches out into the different chapters, which wouldn't necessarily be a direct part of the main world and could thus work just like regular levels.
It would all simply feel more natural, in my opinion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:33 31/10/2017 by Drek95
#30541 Posted: 07:58:24 31/10/2017
Skylanders Like Spyro , Cynder , Whirlwind , etc .... Should get a third attack and give them the ability to fly by tapping the jump button twice.They have already done that for Knightlight , Chopper and Highfive so i don’t see why not + They have changed soul gems before so it’s not impossible.

They should also give Blade , Sunburn and other Skylanders that have wings a flight ability.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#30542 Posted: 09:54:59 31/10/2017
The problem with making Skylanders more platformer oriented is that the characters aren't designed to be balanced and unique when it comes to platforming. The characters are designed around combat and their uniqueness is realized through combat, so Skylanders games should always have a heavy combat focus.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#30543 Posted: 19:52:07 31/10/2017
No to platforrmers. Absolutely NO.
Why would I buy or use different characters if the game is nothing but platforming?

I buy and use multiple characters for different playstyles/combat styles. THAT needs to improved. I've said it multiple times and as someone who recently started playing it again, I'm going to repeat it

Skylanders needs to go the route of Diablo 3. Is Diablo 3 an extreme - sure...but...

Slightly randomized dungeons?
Scalable content?
Actual Character optimization that can reach abusable levels?
Side quest and content?
Farmable Gear with effects?

It just makes sense. Instead of rolling a Witch Doctor, I put Sonic Boom on. Instead of building a 6 piece Zunimassa set, I find a specific hat and a bracelet or medallion that gives Sonic Boom additional pet options, or the ability to use BOTH paths at the same time. Instead of skipping past tons of cutscenes that you never watch a second or third time, you talk with an NPC that gives you a main quest with some side quest. You start fighting tougher and tougher guys based on how strong you've been able to get Sonic Boom. My 6 year old son can fight the base number of mobs, while myself could fight 2-3 times the density of bad guys. Preferably each character would get unique abilities for each type of 'set'. Could even make dungeons designed for multiplayer...bosses designed to be too strong for a single player.

But this won't happen. Ever. It's too advanced for a kids game, even though my aforementioned 6 year old son is doing fine in Diablo 3.
:sigh:
-Unreall
#30544 Posted: 10:57:45 01/11/2017
Quote: KingMed

wait what is that???
---
#30545 Posted: 13:56:36 01/11/2017
I glanced at this on twitter and got really confused. It has Cyclops Dragons, but Jet-Vac has S/SI graphics, plus that armor. Did someone get a working mod for the WiiU version?
---
#30546 Posted: 14:06:49 01/11/2017
I', thinking modding (HIGHLY unlikely, imo, knowing the opinion of Skylanders in the older gamer world) or a leak on the mobile game.
---
#30547 Posted: 14:44:08 01/11/2017
King Med we'd all appreciate if you told us where you found this :V

EDIT: messaged King Med on Twitter, he says that series 3 jet vac that is NOT full blast jet vac in the slightest.
He also said he found it off google. Eeeeeeeeeehhhh
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:57:04 01/11/2017 by SkyFan91
#30548 Posted: 15:02:01 01/11/2017
Probably a mod then, but then I'd like to see the source to try it out someday :c

Edit: Not in the forum obv
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:03 01/11/2017 by Bifrost
#30549 Posted: 15:12:49 01/11/2017
Surprised it'd be a mod, tbh.
---
First | Previous | Page 611 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 609 610 611 612 613 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me