darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 610 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 608 609 610 611 612 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30451 Posted: 12:29:50 19/10/2017
Quote: L Cynder
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: Drek95

Somehow the fact that was the only confirmed title for next year doesn't surprise me.
I wasn't aware of the situation, but boy, you can bet Call of Duty will always receive attention from them.

I guess Spyro remakes might not be even less far-fetched after all, if there really isn't anything major coming up besides the annual FPS.
Guess we would have at least heard of Skylanders 7 by now, if it were to be released in 2018.
With Destiny out, and maybe some Crash-related announcements at the PlayStation Experience, what would they have left?

They usually confirm the next COD a year before its release they've been doing that for a while now. Both COD and Skylanders have different anouncment/confirmation schedules. Now IF a Spyro remaster happens, that wouldn't come out until 2019. As for Crash there's a rumour that he's gonna appear in Playststion all stars 2 and if the rumour is right, the game AND Crash's inclusion will be revealed at Paris games week on the 30th this month. Either way, I highly doubt Acti would just release one new game next year.

Wait a minute, didn't Activision said there would be at least a new Mobile Skylanders game in 2018?

Yes they did confirm that but the question still stands WHAT is Acti brining to the table for their NEW console games in 2018?
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#30452 Posted: 12:35:02 19/10/2017

They usually confirm the next COD a year before its release they've been doing that for a while now. Both COD and Skylanders have different anouncment/confirmation schedules. Now IF a Spyro remaster happens, that wouldn't come out until 2019. As for Crash there's a rumour that he's gonna appear in Playststion all stars 2 and if the rumour is right, the game AND Crash's inclusion will be revealed at Paris games week on the 30th this month. Either way, I highly doubt Acti would just release one new game next year.

Wait a minute, didn't Activision said there would be at least a new Mobile Skylanders game in 2018?

Yes they did confirm that but the question still stands WHAT is Acti brining to the table for their NEW console games in 2018?

Hopefully a real adventure like game that'll make up for the lack of a Skylanders 7 game. But alas, we'll just have to wait and see what it is.
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#30453 Posted: 12:37:52 19/10/2017

Nothing
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#30454 Posted: 12:42:14 19/10/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Nothing

nothing so far.
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#30455 Posted: 13:42:04 19/10/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Nothing

Sorry but that is just not Activision. I do not see them only releasing one new console game next year. They need to use more IP's
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:02:17 19/10/2017 by SkyFan91
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#30456 Posted: 02:16:10 21/10/2017
At this point, I'd love for Skylanders 7 (if we even get it) to be based on Academy. Like, we would get 2/3 figures per element, with the main Skylanders remastered with the new Academy looks and powers based off of the show. I think it could be really cool.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#30457 Posted: 02:17:19 21/10/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
At this point, I'd love for Skylanders 7 (if we even get it) to be based on Academy. Like, we would get 2/3 figures per element, with the main Skylanders remastered with the new Academy looks and powers based off of the show. I think it could be really cool.

I'd rather it be a traditional game and not based off of academy :V
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#30458 Posted: 08:11:29 21/10/2017
I’d rather it be a complete reboot to be honest
The main canon is starting to become messy and some things are clashing toghter.
I’m not ok with some of the backstories in Academy so that’s why I don’t want a game based on that
Slamzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#30459 Posted: 16:47:34 21/10/2017
Just scored an LIM at a toysrus in Norfolk, VA!

Kinda burnt out on skylanders at the moment but it was pretty cool to actually see and find this in the wild.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#30460 Posted: 22:15:17 21/10/2017
https://www.moss.media/in-the-swap-zone

Can't post this on the general discussion of SF any longer, so here it goes. So, at some point, people actually cares about the soundtrack of the games and were going to release remixed scores, huh... :/
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#30461 Posted: 22:52:53 21/10/2017
Quote: Bifrost
https://www.moss.media/in-the-swap-zone

Can't post this on the general discussion of SF any longer, so here it goes. So, at some point, people actually cares about the soundtrack of the games and were going to release remixed scores, huh... :/

The cover looks really cool TBH

Edit : it looks like fryno was supposed to be a super charger
https://www.moss.media/superchargers-ui-style
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:27 21/10/2017 by KingMed
#30462 Posted: 23:28:46 21/10/2017
Fryno and Wash ---- are just their debug characters, KingMed. They show up on a lot of debug videos; doesn't seem like they use the DebugCORE like TFB and Template Template only showed up in Crash of all things.

There's also a discussion on how development of SC started, and hoo boy VV does not think things through. We want vehicles to do new things **** everything else. Though I definately understand their techy obsession a teensy bit more - a Lost Islands post talks about how Acti shut down references to television/radio in their older games and then TFB just shows up with Troll Radio(not to mention the comics and Academy), people would get salty.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:36 21/10/2017 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#30463 Posted: 23:31:14 21/10/2017
Fryno and Wash ---- are just their debug characters, KingMed. They show up on a lot of debug videos; doesn't seem like they use the DebugCORE like TFB and Template Template only showed up in Crash of all things.

There's also a discussion on how development of SC started, and hoo boy VV does not think things through. We want vehicles to do new things **** everything else. Though I definately understand their techy obsession a teensy bit more - a Lost Islands post talks about how Acti shut down references to television/radio in their older games and then TFB just shows up with Troll Radio(not to mention the comics and Academy), people would get salty.

It's weird how Acti had 100% control over Skylands lore when it comes to space and technology, when TfB and VV are the ones who made the world as a whole. Annoying, honestly.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#30464 Posted: 23:49:15 21/10/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Wait where's that discussion thing

Don't forget SF 3DS was supposed to have this space-themed level at some point but that was denied too. It's kinda funny when IIRC they explicitly mentioned space in some later game. I don't remember though, im not familiar with this lore anymore.

Yep, was denied Spance for SF 3DS, but the later two games added and referenced space, multiple times, even. HELL! ONE LEVEL WAS IN SPACE!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#30465 Posted: 00:27:21 22/10/2017
TT has a telescope supposedly showing the TFB logo in space. Also, the Light Vehicle Zone.

Space isn't the problem, the reveal trailer in E3 is all about showing Skylands as a convergence in space or something. Technology is what irks me, because you can't just pick one and act like it applies to everything - Skylands' whole gimmick is being every island as a setting. Mabus don't suddenly know how to construct cars and tanks. Magitek isn't suddenly replaced by steampunk. Random islands in bum**** nowhere don't get Mad Max aesthetics even before the apocalypse is nigh. Imaginators makes the separation much better, though the Sky Fortress island in the MAP stands out a bunch since it's almost bigger than the actual level in height.

If there's Tech, there's tech. If there isn't Tech, someone Techy put it there so it's its own area inside the undeveloped building. If I was in the art direction I'd probably do something extremely simple like this for the lorebook.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:29:41 22/10/2017 by Bifrost
#30466 Posted: 00:28:50 22/10/2017
Oh I hope this doesn't start a fight but: if sky 7 was really cancelled, wouldn't devs be able to speak about what it would've been?
#30467 Posted: 00:30:38 22/10/2017
Oh I hope this doesn't start a fight but: if sky 7 was really cancelled, wouldn't devs be able to speak about what it would've been?

Only if development was cancelled halfway through, and years after. The people that left TFB only started posting their works in Imaginators now, including Jeff Murchie's older concepts for TT characters when before he only posted finalized pictures.

VV seems to be more lax and posted SC stuff just as the game came out, so they're not as easy to use as reference.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:18 22/10/2017 by Bifrost
#30468 Posted: 00:35:07 22/10/2017
Can I have a link to Jeff Murchie's stuff?
---
#30469 Posted: 00:37:11 22/10/2017
while I still think we're gonna get sky 7, I'll say this: my goodness VV why did you have to bring back Eruptor instead of Fryno in Superchargers? Cmooooonnnn
#30470 Posted: 00:41:14 22/10/2017
while I still think we're gonna get sky 7, I'll say this: my goodness VV why did you have to bring back Eruptor instead of Fryno in Superchargers? Cmooooonnnn

I still think it's possible we'll get a Skylanders game next year,with it being from VV. God, I'd love one for Skylanders game on Switch. It's just SUCH A GOOD CONSOLE.
---
#30471 Posted: 00:43:27 22/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I still think it's possible we'll get a Skylanders game next year,with it being from VV. God, I'd love one for Skylanders game on Switch. It's just SUCH A GOOD CONSOLE.

If we do then oooooooooooh boy I'll officially say it'll be better then Superchargers (which is currently my favourite) I hope it'll be like swap force with lots of content and HOPEING that the story has more then ten levels.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:44:26 22/10/2017 by SkyFan91
#30472 Posted: 00:49:51 22/10/2017
https://www.artstation.com/murchiemonster

You can guess my reaction when I saw this the other day and read "looking for a creative full-time opportunity".
---
#30473 Posted: 00:57:12 22/10/2017

You can guess my reaction when I saw this the other day and read "looking for a creative full-time opportunity".

What's the matter?
#30474 Posted: 01:00:54 22/10/2017
Wow you forget posts fast. Jeff Murchie left or was laid off from TFB. The art dev second only to I-Wei.
---
#30475 Posted: 01:08:51 22/10/2017
Wow you forget posts fast. Jeff Murchie left or was laid off from TFB. The art dev second only to I-Wei.

Haven't really been looking at everyone's posts : P
#30476 Posted: 01:15:50 22/10/2017

Love his art style. Looks like a sharper version of SF/SSC's.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#30477 Posted: 20:04:33 22/10/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257

Ah, I was just about to suggest this! I haven't played Imaginators (yet) but weren't the main characters from Academy NPCs in some of the levels?
#30478 Posted: 20:10:59 22/10/2017
Yes, but they didn't even begin to have the same characters. TFB just gave a glance at the show and tried something that fell extremely flat because none of them are charming or even use much of their estabilished character in the lore. Pop Fizz is the exception but he never changed even in the books and comics, and sociopathic behavior is his thing.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#30479 Posted: 20:27:15 22/10/2017
That's a shame! After watching Academy I really want to play Imaginators but I'm guessing the differences in voices/personalities would be jarring or even frustrating - that's why a game tie-in to the show would be awesome, in my opinion anyway.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30480 Posted: 20:56:09 22/10/2017

For once we agree--Fryno for the win! smilie
#30481 Posted: 21:53:01 22/10/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

For once we agree--Fryno for the win! smilie

Yeeeeeeeeee
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#30482 Posted: 01:17:45 23/10/2017

I think they were in a bit of a tough spot with Fryno. Conventional wisdom says he'd have been perfect for a reprise in SC, but so much of his character was already the vehicle. It's true that they did change the movesets of all of the "returning" characters, but that'd be a major departure to take away the bike when he's in regular-skylander-mode, and only have him use it in the vehicle parts. I think you're right, they could have made it work, but I can also see why they didn't go that route. They also were working on Skylanders Academy at the time, and I'm sure the franchise wanted to keep the most visible characters relevant in the series, so a choice of Eruptor over Fryno was probably influenced by that.
#30483 Posted: 01:20:27 23/10/2017
Eric didn't actually choose the main characters, he had to do his pitch with the five already decided. He only made choices on the rest of the Skylander cast.

It's the usual flagship characters issue. Eruptor is the one with the world famous float, not Fryno, so it's not even considered at this point when returning characters are a thing.
---
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#30484 Posted: 02:24:59 23/10/2017
Just a friendly fyi, Skylanders are buy one get one 75% at Toys R Us (In the USA)!! I have been waiting to finish my collection for so long. Adventure packs count if you still need LIM like me.
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#30485 Posted: 13:36:50 23/10/2017
Quote: Unreallystic
I'm honestly more confused than anything by Acti right now. I'm going through my usual Youtube feeds and I'm starting to see Skylander advertisements pop up. Not "Hey buy Ro-Bo!", but basic ads for it, as though Activision is STILL putting money into pushing it, yet I think we all agree that it seems they are done with it for the foreseeable future.

so what is it Acti?
- Unreall

Y'know, I've still never seen Ro-Bow/LIM for sale in a retail store, and I have two TRUs within 40 min of me. Glad I imported a set after all.

I still haven't seen it myself, but it doesn't matter, can't afford it right now.
- Unreall
#30486 Posted: 13:40:54 23/10/2017
Since there's very little news to speak of, warning that the Academy F4F poll is at 285 votes. Another big push and it could very well be our first piece of real Academy merch!
---
#30487 Posted: 15:35:48 23/10/2017
A little confused can someone explain? https://www.gamespot.com/artic...s/1100-6453958/
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#30488 Posted: 16:14:17 23/10/2017
A little confused can someone explain? https://www.gamespot.com/artic...s/1100-6453958/

I'm not into stocks 'n' shares myself, but I'm going to hazard a guess that it simply means analysts don't expect Activision to make as much money in 2018 as they did 2016/2017. I doubt very much that Skylanders will be affected by this news - Activision knows it can't make all the money in the known universe, which is the only thing they'll fund the development of.

My other opinion is it's a fancy way of predicting Black Ops 4 and Overwatch League breaking even at best.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:03 23/10/2017 by Johnbonne
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30489 Posted: 18:08:15 23/10/2017
Lego Dimensions has been officially cancelled. smilie

https://kotaku.com/lego-dimens...over-1819774166

Things are looking grim for the Toys to Life genre. It's looking more like any potential Skylander releases in the future will be mobile (yuck) with little or no toy interaction. smilie
#30490 Posted: 18:36:36 23/10/2017
We "won" the race if LIM's US release is a victory to anyone, but at what cost? :/
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#30491 Posted: 19:05:12 23/10/2017
I'm all fine for the series abandoning toys as long as it gets new console releases. C'mon Activision there are like a million other ways to make good use of the series' large cast, just put your brains to work.

And put an actual budget too. Imaginators feels pathetically cheap.
---
Bruh
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#30492 Posted: 19:20:57 23/10/2017

Things are looking grim for the Toys to Life genre. It's looking more like any potential Skylander releases in the future will be mobile (yuck) with little or no toy interaction. smilie

Sad but not tragic. To be honest all the lego video games are preety much the same, diffarent themes but same gameplay.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:22:20 23/10/2017 by omer1698
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#30493 Posted: 19:53:22 23/10/2017
Quote: omer1698

Sad but not tragic. To be honest all the lego video games are preety much the same, diffarent themes but same gameplay.

And the Lego toys sucks as a Toys to Life product. Mine kept spilling all over the floor and exploding into zillions of pieces. After three times of that happening, I gave up and boxed it all up. I only made it to the second stage in the game. At least Skylanders stays in one piece when they knock over. But yeah, I do love the Lego game series even though it's basically the same thing for like 15 games now.
---
Stay Cool!
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#30494 Posted: 13:02:43 24/10/2017
The "Lego tax" killed me, they cost too much. It go t worse just trying to use it, I'd get something new, and then couldn't even put it on, having to do stuff first. It got annoying, barely played our copy.
- Unreall
#30495 Posted: 14:14:06 24/10/2017
I’m thinking of 3D printing this pose of Tidepool I like it a lot more than the figure pose
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xbD31

I’m looking for a good DOTD Spyro to print and place on a magic base
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#30496 Posted: 16:10:25 24/10/2017
Tidepool has metallic nail polish

[User Posted Image]
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#30497 Posted: 16:13:33 24/10/2017
i never noticed that.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
First | Previous | Page 610 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 608 609 610 611 612 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me