darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 538 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 536 537 538 539 540 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#26851 Posted: 19:41:54 21/03/2017
He does that in his boss cutscene, so yeah.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#26852 Posted: 20:08:17 21/03/2017
Quote: Bifrost
So SuperChargers.

I snerked hard at this. Luckily I'd just finished drinking my Coke, otherwise I'd be complaining that you made soda come out my nose.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#26853 Posted: 20:10:06 21/03/2017
good CTT packshot

[User Posted Image]
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#26854 Posted: 20:55:27 21/03/2017
So SuperChargers.

On level editor, I've had way too many ideas since the first game, almsot as much as I want Skylander specific games. My second display shelf(I think I posted it in Collections? can't remember) is designed over an idea of a triple-element region which I've had since Skylanders: Universe released elemental islands.

No not even close to superchargers what are you talking about?

Also Crystal Blaziar just gave an update about CTT on insta and we have the reason to as of why CTT was delayed. Their US packaging and distribution is in Fresno, CA and they had a major flooding last month. That may explain the delay
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:10 21/03/2017 by SkyFan91
#26855 Posted: 21:02:10 21/03/2017
Quote:
gimmick is advanced combat

Quote:
zone called a Spellfighter zone

Quote:
a rift and the gameplay changes COMPLETLY

This is why people say there's little room for innovation in the gimmicks without sounding too much like an existing one.
---
SporeVideos3 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3466
#26856 Posted: 02:24:35 22/03/2017
So... I found this while searching for images on Google and it shows this driller guy, suggesting he may be a new character for the upcoming RPG mobile game or Skylanders 2018 and I was wondering if you guys can tell me if this is real or fake.
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie32/32 smilie16/16 smilie32/32 smilie52/52 smilie20/20 smilie31/31
#26857 Posted: 02:26:50 22/03/2017
Fake, I recall Aura finding out it's from DOTA or LoL, can't remember which.

All the way back before Imaginators was revealed.
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#26858 Posted: 02:30:32 22/03/2017
Doesn't look like a Skylander. I could be wrong, but so much in the picture looks like not. The background mostly. It doesn't look like any kind of chapter design or art work.
What's the source?
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:31:14 22/03/2017 by Wishblade
SporeVideos3 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3466
#26859 Posted: 02:34:34 22/03/2017
Well good, thanks for letting me know.
---
smilie32/32 smilie16/16 smilie32/32 smilie52/52 smilie20/20 smilie31/31
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#26860 Posted: 02:35:07 22/03/2017
Fan concept art for a League of Legends character.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegen...the-earthshaker
---
"Let the flames begin!"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#26861 Posted: 03:50:01 22/03/2017
i've been passing the time nicely.

waiting for ctt, drawing starcastXflarewolf fanart, playing zelda... normal things
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#26862 Posted: 10:10:53 22/03/2017
Quote: SporeVideos3
So... I found this while searching for images on Google and it shows this driller guy, suggesting he may be a new character for the upcoming RPG mobile game or Skylanders 2018 and I was wondering if you guys can tell me if this is real or fake.
[User Posted Image]

Hoooo! That takes me way back.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#26863 Posted: 10:48:47 22/03/2017
Me: *sees many subscription notifications for this thread* "Oh-hoh, who said Skylanders is cancelled today?"
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#26864 Posted: 12:15:55 22/03/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
good CTT packshot

So we get one of the Life crystals that have been readily available since launch. Disappointed, Activision. Disappointed.

Wild Storm looks great, though.
#26865 Posted: 12:20:25 22/03/2017
We knew it was Life Spider as people posted pictures. It's at least a simple mold.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#26866 Posted: 12:35:59 22/03/2017
That's not how the industry works recently, especially since season passes are becoming less common as of late. Stay relevant, at the expense of dev time(the main one or other devs as Skylanders RPG shows). Not everyone can spend quality time polishing a great game like Horizon or BOTW because it's just not priority for anyone but the fans.

Let's be honest, the business model for skylanders is different from pretty much any other game out there that isn't a TTL clone. Every figure you buy is essentially physical DLC. You could even consider adventure packs AS season passes, especially looking at what comes with the new one.

Skylanders is a different animal from other games and as such, should move differently. If Activision wanted to be as profitable as possible, they would do something to move ALL the units off the shelf...I can STILL get dark starter sets for TRAP TEAM off the top row at Gamestop. The starters just sit there. The used market is oversaturated with figures as interest in them DIE as they are almost unusble in the new games (less unusable and more just super in-efficient). Realistically, just releasing a Sky7 will only exacerbate the problem further...as their are PLENTY of Imaginator starters. Something has to be done to create additional value in older content and current content.

And then as a fan of the series, this is frankly one of the best entries - period. It has little in the way of warts, and plenty in the way of beauty marks (down to speed walking in the MAPS). I don't want "SuperChargers 2" to come out and put a nail through the series.

so yeah, I'd much rather them find a way to monetize the current game more. Its designed in a way that SCREAMS expansion...from the MAPS making new levels super easy to add-on...to the Creation Crystal setup allowing for new moves, new archetypes, and new designs, which all increase our options factorially...they need to soft-launch a "reason" to come back or buy it.
-Unreall
#26867 Posted: 12:39:25 22/03/2017
Quote:
gimmick is advanced combat

Quote:
zone called a Spellfighter zone

Quote:
a rift and the gameplay changes COMPLETLY

This is why people say there's little room for innovation in the gimmicks without sounding too much like an existing one.

The best new gimmick - is no gimmick *taps temple and nods while smiling for the camera*

Like seriously - outside of the super moves that were added, Senseis are short on the gimmick stick - and based on what everyone has been digging up or repeating - a lot of designs are really just Giants. The only other gimmicky things that have been proved by the figures - are paywalls.
- Unreall
#26868 Posted: 13:07:23 22/03/2017
The best gimmick is a gimmicm you don't notice at first, something seamless you enjoy it as part of the game and not just an attraction that's on kit.

The designs are just Giants because a good chunk, including villains, are scrapped Giants characters. They only created new characters in parts where they needed to fill in niches, such as Chopscotch.

Senseis are honestly the best gimmick-wise even if they could use more features, because Sky-chis and Gongs are, again, feeling like part of the game rather than "look this is what we're selling today, let's mention it all the time even if you're not using it", which isn't bad on the Imaginator side but still there. Superchargers was the worst not only with gameplay, but because the world bended to suddenly be obsessed with vehicles and machinery in less than a year(even the apocalyptic outlook doesn't excuse the harsh changes) and it's painfully clear it would go away by the next game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:51:10 22/03/2017 by Bifrost
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#26869 Posted: 13:17:11 22/03/2017
at this point, activision should really change how they run this series if they want to survive.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#26870 Posted: 15:57:36 22/03/2017
Who do you guys think that are the top 10 most popular skylanders ? ( Guest stars should be included )
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#26871 Posted: 15:59:15 22/03/2017
Quote: KingMed
Who do you guys think that are the top 10 most popular skylanders ? ( Guest stars should be included )

[Insert all Guest Stars]

No one cares for the rest.

Obvious joke reminder.
---
Bruh
#26872 Posted: 16:16:02 22/03/2017
Copy and paste the flagship skylanders plus Spyro and Cynder.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#26873 Posted: 16:18:15 22/03/2017

I don't think even the flagship characters are popular, with the exception of Guest Stars. And Spyro is popular for all the wrong reasons.
---
Bruh
#26874 Posted: 16:19:34 22/03/2017
Quote: Unreallystic
That's not how the industry works recently, especially since season passes are becoming less common as of late. Stay relevant, at the expense of dev time(the main one or other devs as Skylanders RPG shows). Not everyone can spend quality time polishing a great game like Horizon or BOTW because it's just not priority for anyone but the fans.

Let's be honest, the business model for skylanders is different from pretty much any other game out there that isn't a TTL clone. Every figure you buy is essentially physical DLC. You could even consider adventure packs AS season passes, especially looking at what comes with the new one.

Skylanders is a different animal from other games and as such, should move differently. If Activision wanted to be as profitable as possible, they would do something to move ALL the units off the shelf...I can STILL get dark starter sets for TRAP TEAM off the top row at Gamestop. The starters just sit there. The used market is oversaturated with figures as interest in them DIE as they are almost unusble in the new games (less unusable and more just super in-efficient). Realistically, just releasing a Sky7 will only exacerbate the problem further...as their are PLENTY of Imaginator starters. Something has to be done to create additional value in older content and current content.

And then as a fan of the series, this is frankly one of the best entries - period. It has little in the way of warts, and plenty in the way of beauty marks (down to speed walking in the MAPS). I don't want "SuperChargers 2" to come out and put a nail through the series.

so yeah, I'd much rather them find a way to monetize the current game more. Its designed in a way that SCREAMS expansion...from the MAPS making new levels super easy to add-on...to the Creation Crystal setup allowing for new moves, new archetypes, and new designs, which all increase our options factorially...they need to soft-launch a "reason" to come back or buy it.
-Unreall

I highly doubt VV will have a repeat of superchargers. In my opinion they probably learned their lesson with SC just like how TFB learned their lesson with TT
#26875 Posted: 16:35:57 22/03/2017
VV is out of the game, SkyFan, they're the Destiny port team now. Game or no game, it's up to TFB or a new team.

Quote: Crash10

I don't think even the flagship characters are popular, with the exception of Guest Stars. And Spyro is popular for all the wrong reasons.

For kids, they definately are the most popular, exactly because they're flagships and are overexposed. The only one a level below is Roller Brawl at the most.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:36:20 22/03/2017 by Bifrost
#26876 Posted: 16:41:45 22/03/2017
TT was actually good as a game ( except for getting rid of elemental gates , getting rid of battle mode , the ugly graphics and the physical traps )

Super chargers would of have been the perfect game if it didn't include the racing aspect ( reimagined charcters , introducing guest stars and the best story in the series these things make me love SC )

Imaginators great charcters amazing gimmick...but the story was meeeh , They could of have made Ambush SE master but no they went with King pen and a crazy elf lady smilie and we didn't get to know much about the npc skylanders + worst ending in the series but the final boss fight was fun. The M.A.P was a cool concept but the graphics weren't very good and the way that the camera followed the player wasn't that good either...almost forgot the fights against the doomlanders were so boring and very predictable and I knew that I was going to face a doomlander in every level and that's not that fun TBH.

The next game should have SC graphics and a dark cool story and quests like Hugo's and Tessa's Quests...A Hub like The M.A.P but with a first person's point of view camera thingy situation I don't' really know what to call it , I want NPC skylanders to come back but to actually help us during the missions like follow us around and fight with us and I want Flyn , Cali and Tessa to be important in the main story...A Boss fight every once in a while like Trap team , and something like the Kaos doom challenges.

I want auric to comeback and actually have something to do with the money that I get like customize the hub and buy clothes for the npc skylanders that are going to follow me around in some levels...for example purchase stealth elf's Ninja's custom and having the ability to change her clothes whenever I want.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#26877 Posted: 16:55:15 22/03/2017
Well, VV coulf return to the series. Even if cancelled whose to say that Acti won't go to VV to have a "return" game like the newest Guitar Hero if tfB does kick the bucket?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#26878 Posted: 17:03:07 22/03/2017
GH's genre is still alive though, even if via few games and more relying on nostalgia. The TTL genre as a whole is not looking good, and Acti might just prefer creating a new series to fill the kid game quota.

I'd love VV to come back. David A. Rodriguez had big stuff planned and he lost both the comic series and the games to do something with them. Though of course, gameplay wise, more TWI, less SuperChargers.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:03:42 22/03/2017 by Bifrost
Hologramme Green Sparx Gems: 463
#26879 Posted: 17:41:17 22/03/2017
My Cursed Tiki Temple adventure pack just arrived.

Is it possible to know hom many sets you can find in the new level, their names and where to find it, please ?
#26880 Posted: 17:44:25 22/03/2017

Legends of Skylands' got you covered. There are more parts from the blue chest, but it's not the same sets you find here.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:49 22/03/2017 by Bifrost
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#26881 Posted: 20:07:07 22/03/2017
if there's going to be a "dropping the ball", like TT's yawn traps and Light/Dark adventure packs and SC's Thrillipede, I'm not sure what will be forgotten. I'd rather have the remaining creation crystals over wave 5 figures and LIM.
that's my opinion
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#26882 Posted: 20:22:18 22/03/2017
Quote: Insane01
if there's going to be a "dropping the ball", like TT's yawn traps and Light/Dark adventure packs and SC's Thrillipede, I'm not sure what will be forgotten. I'd rather have the remaining creation crystals over wave 5 figures and LIM.
that's my opinion

As long as it's not Tidepool I'm fine.
#26883 Posted: 20:43:45 22/03/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
I highly doubt VV will have a repeat of superchargers. In my opinion they probably learned their lesson with SC just like how TFB learned their lesson with TT

LEarned their lesson with TT? What lessons were those?...TT was arguably the pinnacle of the series.

And I don't expect VV to learn anything, I haven't liked ANY thing they've game wise for the series...neither SC or SF. The biggest issue is their entries are flat out boring pace wise. SF had ridiculously long levels, made evne longer by the 9000 side quest, made to feel longer than it really wAS by ridiculously spaced out combat, and low villain count. SC was really no different than SF...super long levels made too long by side-quest/gimmicks, with poor spacing of combat. Their character designs are fine, and the plots are fine, the games themselves just leave me YAWNING. That is IMO where this game shines, it keeps you going through the majority of a level (minus the brain games...those are kind slow). I haven't liked the expansions that I've played (haven't done the Elven Forest, its just been sitting there) as they feel...slower paced (surprise...VV did some of that ....), but the core game itself moves at a very healthy pace. I couldn't keep my kids interest in the VV offereings...my son will strap up on Imaginators without me *tear drop*.
- Unreall
#26884 Posted: 20:46:55 22/03/2017
I'm hoping there isn't, because it's just bad business
---
"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:50:28 22/03/2017 by Insane01
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#26885 Posted: 21:08:25 22/03/2017
... just like how TFB learned their lesson with TT

Learned their lesson with TT? What lessons were those?...TT was arguably the pinnacle of the series.

I'm also curious what lessons you are talking about.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
#26886 Posted: 21:58:04 22/03/2017
just got home from lunch and my CTT arrived from Amazon UK and it looks.......AWESOME!!!
Mainly Wild Storm and the blue mystery chest. now it's time to play.
---
"
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#26887 Posted: 22:18:06 22/03/2017
Patch in new battle classes = sell more crystals.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#26888 Posted: 22:38:40 22/03/2017

LEarned their lesson with TT? What lessons were those?...TT was arguably the pinnacle of the series.

And I don't expect VV to learn anything, I haven't liked ANY thing they've game wise for the series...neither SC or SF. The biggest issue is their entries are flat out boring pace wise. SF had ridiculously long levels, made evne longer by the 9000 side quest, made to feel longer than it really wAS by ridiculously spaced out combat, and low villain count. SC was really no different than SF...super long levels made too long by side-quest/gimmicks, with poor spacing of combat. Their character designs are fine, and the plots are fine, the games themselves just leave me YAWNING. That is IMO where this game shines, it keeps you going through the majority of a level (minus the brain games...those are kind slow). I haven't liked the expansions that I've played (haven't done the Elven Forest, its just been sitting there) as they feel...slower paced (surprise...VV did some of that ....), but the core game itself moves at a very healthy pace. I couldn't keep my kids interest in the VV offereings...my son will strap up on Imaginators without me *tear drop*.
- Unreall

What I mean is what TFB did with TT. Now I know I'm gonna most likely get a lot of hate thrown my way but TFB overhyped trap team, ruined the true purpose of elemental gates, made waaaaay too many promises that they didn't keep, e.t.c

BUT with Imaginators they redeemed themselves and in my opinion made an excellent game
#26889 Posted: 22:42:32 22/03/2017
I prefer TT, so I don't see your point. Traptanium Gates was the result of us and the media tempting fate with "but what do the trap masters do other than bonus damage?", and I don't recall overhyping - it was the perfect amount of hype with the introduction of a huge new chunk of the cast, especiay with the comics, books, merch... At that point we didn't have anything to fear and it felt good.
---
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#26890 Posted: 22:52:57 22/03/2017
Quote: Skylandscaper

I cannot think of a single complaint about this idea.
#26891 Posted: 22:57:00 22/03/2017
I can think of balancing, but Imaginators are walking nukes as is. Might as well give us new ways to tear through armies.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:29 22/03/2017 by Bifrost
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#26892 Posted: 23:18:37 22/03/2017
Yeah, it's at the point where each step does 700 damage to everything in a 5 mile radius.
---
Soon.
#26893 Posted: 23:24:23 22/03/2017
The sacrifice for allowing us to put the most ridiculous stuff on them. But really, new classes with entirely new gameplay(no cut and paste, I mean beast forms, actually useful dashes, puppet mechanics...) would make me go back on forgotten designs for them. With all the explosions and effects, unfortunately stuff like Sorcerers and Quickshot will always look the same and I just deleted any attempts of duplicate classes after a while from Creator.
---
Hologramme Green Sparx Gems: 463
#26894 Posted: 23:38:14 22/03/2017
Thanks for the answers Bifrost and trixster68.
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#26895 Posted: 23:44:12 22/03/2017
Quote: Skylandscaper

I'd love for them to patch in legs for swashbucklers and patch in bodies for ninjas before new battleclasses hahah
#26896 Posted: 02:11:44 23/03/2017
I agree with both Deja By and Mr Caesar. The adding of legs for Swashbucklers and bodies for Ninjas. who the neck came up with disembodied Ninjas and legless Swashbucklers?
and I would rather have the remaining last 3 figures + LIM over the remaining creation crystals
---
"
#26897 Posted: 02:20:03 23/03/2017
Ninjas - Lob Star and remnant from bodiless Quickshots(Trigger Happy). Swashbucklers - 100% Ninjini, though the only reasoning I ever found for the naga theme is that it's from a scrapped villain(someone that worked on Trap Team posted sketches in ArtStation, though doesn't seem it ever left sketch phase).
---
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#26898 Posted: 03:31:00 23/03/2017
I really want a four-armed guy with guns.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#26899 Posted: 12:32:26 23/03/2017
I found a new skylanders app for the iPhone today it's called City Cross the street for the skylanders ...I Haven't downloaded it TBH , I just felt like letting you guys know about it.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#26900 Posted: 12:43:35 23/03/2017
Quote: KingMed
I found a new skylanders app for the iPhone today it's called City Cross the street for the skylanders ...I Haven't downloaded it TBH , I just felt like letting you guys know about it.

its just a wannabe skylanders game, not all fake game with "skylanders" in the titale makes it a real skylanders game.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
First | Previous | Page 538 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 536 537 538 539 540 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me