darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 349 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 347 348 349 350 351 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#17401 Posted: 15:23:25 22/09/2016
Quote: pezskylander
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: SSj3 Derek
For all those planning to get 3D printed figures from (x franchise), bear in mind they probably will not allow that due to potential legal issues.

They won't put the name on the figure itself, and the Imaginator is made from a number of pre-set body parts, so it will never exactly be that character.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I realize people have all of these ideas they are drawing, but isn't it based on the available parts? I can't just make anything I want can I? And don't the parts have to be unlocked also? I haven't done too much research on this, but that is what it seems like to me.

I'm going to repeat this one, because it seems to have been missed - We saw this all time in City of Heroes. When people would try to create characters that were meant to be copyrighted characters, despite never being able to get them exactly like said copyrighted characters due to only being able to use pre-set body parts or being able to use the names of the copyrighted characters directly due to those names being flagged as taken (despite them obviously not actually being anywhere in the game, encouraging a number of creative misspellings on users' parts), those characters were reset and the people who did it given a warning. For people who are going to try to say this is different, you are right. This would be even worse then CoH from a legal standpoint, because actual money is changing hands for a physical toy. You can try it, but don't be surprised if they say no.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:35:41 22/09/2016 by SSj3 Derek
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#17402 Posted: 15:32:04 22/09/2016
Personally, I need to see more of the Creation App before I decide on if having physical versions of my Imaginators is worth it or not. And even if I do, it'll probably only be original characters just to be safe.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#17403 Posted: 17:04:43 22/09/2016
That's exactly what I was thinking. I realize people have all of these ideas they are drawing, but isn't it based on the available parts? I can't just make anything I want can I? And don't the parts have to be unlocked also? I haven't done too much research on this, but that is what it seems like to me.

No, you are correct... at the start, there are limited options (looks like 20 or so per category for Head, Torso, Arms and Legs), and only 1 starter weapon per Battle Class. You can unlock additional costume options, armor and weapons by adding Senseis and elemental Creation Crystals to your collection, beating waves of enemies and completing challenges and puzzles through the game. Or straight-up buying a physical item at a retail store--the Mystery Chest--that gives you 9 random costume pieces.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#17404 Posted: 17:57:29 22/09/2016
It's looking around over 80 pieces per part total though. The exceptions are Swashbucklers who have 22 parts for tassets and tails combined.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#17405 Posted: 18:45:04 22/09/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan

They won't put the name on the figure itself, and the Imaginator is made from a number of pre-set body parts, so it will never exactly be that character.

I'm going to repeat this one, because it seems to have been missed - We saw this all time in City of Heroes. When people would try to create characters that were meant to be copyrighted characters, despite never being able to get them exactly like said copyrighted characters due to only being able to use pre-set body parts or being able to use the names of the copyrighted characters directly due to those names being flagged as taken (despite them obviously not actually being anywhere in the game, encouraging a number of creative misspellings on users' parts), those characters were reset and the people who did it given a warning. For people who are going to try to say this is different, you are right. This would be even worse then CoH from a legal standpoint, because actual money is changing hands for a physical toy. You can try it, but don't be surprised if they say no.

I think you are drastically overestimating what kinds of characters people will be able to make with Imaginators. The parts are all made to look distinctly like Skylanders parts (and many of them literally are from other Skylanders), not generic superhero parts like in City of Heroes. The characters will all look like Skylanders characters with only the vaguest resemblance to anything else.
---
Boop me if you see this.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#17406 Posted: 18:56:01 22/09/2016
That's why I wanna see a list of the parts before making most of my Imaginators that are based off of other characters. I gotta find the most accurate looking parts, but I also gotta keep in mind that it's only gonna look vaguely like the character. Like if I wanted Lapis from SU, it wouldn't look exactly be Lapis, it would just be a blue skinned human head with a dress and generic wings for a backpack. I think of them as half OC, half cartoon character, because we'll all have different interpretations on how to make them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:57:24 22/09/2016 by TrapShadowFan
#17407 Posted: 19:00:08 22/09/2016
Quote: Muffin Man

I think you are drastically overestimating what kinds of characters people will be able to make with Imaginators. The parts are all made to look distinctly like Skylanders parts (and many of them literally are from other Skylanders), not generic superhero parts like in City of Heroes. The characters will all look like Skylanders characters with only the vaguest resemblance to anything else.

Two additional things on top of Muffin Man's already excellent points:

1) CoH (god rest its soul) was an MMO, where everyone played online and anyone could see any other player's character design. This is a game that only supports local multiplayer, so it's a lot more difficult to broadcast the... "homage" to an existing property.

2) Marvel was forced to drop the lawsuit that created the "no licensed characters" restriction in CoH. They still kept it up as a C.Y.A. thing, but it wasn't legally required. As long as the game doesn't have a distinct costume option for Mickey Mouse ears or a plumber face with a big nose and mustache, the likelihood of legal action because someone wanted a 3D print of the Imaginator they slapped overalls and a red baseball cap on and named "Mario" is minimal.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#17408 Posted: 19:13:45 22/09/2016
Don't know if anyone cares, but, Barbella's trailer was officially uploaded to YouTube.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#17409 Posted: 19:14:30 22/09/2016
The Meet the Skylanders video for Barbella is up on the official YouTube channel.

Are we getting closer to the big update...?

EDIT: ninja'd brutally. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:15:13 22/09/2016 by Drek95
#17410 Posted: 19:17:58 22/09/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Don't know if anyone cares, but, Barbella's trailer was officially uploaded to YouTube.

Quote: Drek95
The Meet the Skylanders video for Barbella is up on the official YouTube channel.

Are we getting closer to the big update...?

EDIT: ninja'd brutally. smilie

And neither of you posted a link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5JvdX2lqiI
#17411 Posted: 19:22:56 22/09/2016
It was already posted in the specific topic, when we leaked it.

I just thought that maybe the fact it is now on the official channel could be a hint on the upcoming site update.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#17412 Posted: 19:25:29 22/09/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws

No, you are correct... at the start, there are limited options (looks like 20 or so per category for Head, Torso, Arms and Legs), and only 1 starter weapon per Battle Class. You can unlock additional costume options, armor and weapons by adding Senseis and elemental Creation Crystals to your collection, beating waves of enemies and completing challenges and puzzles through the game. Or straight-up buying a physical item at a retail store--the Mystery Chest--that gives you 9 random costume pieces.

So it is not possible to make Mario or Sonic or anything that specific, right? Even if you unlock everything, you can only make what they give you. I like giraffes, but if there is not giraffe head, I can't make one. Unless the app will allow this, but who knows?
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#17413 Posted: 19:25:40 22/09/2016
Idk if this was already there, or already mentioned but the sensei names on the web site are now Master ____
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#17414 Posted: 19:54:56 22/09/2016
So it is not possible to make Mario or Sonic or anything that specific, right? Even if you unlock everything, you can only make what they give you. I like giraffes, but if there is not giraffe head, I can't make one. Unless the app will allow this, but who knows?

You could probably make a Knight class Imaginator that fights with a plunger sword and has a mustachioed human face, overalls and a red baseball cap and name him "Mario," but he's not going to look like Nintendo's favorite plumber.

Likewise, they may not specifically have a giraffe head, but you can probably take a horse head, give it tiny horns, slap on a spotted torso and make the character tall and thin. It might not specifically be a giraffe based on the parts you choose, but it'll look enough like it in the end that anyone who sees it knows that it's supposed to be a giraffe.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:14 22/09/2016 by McMurderpaws
#17415 Posted: 20:43:14 22/09/2016
On a lighter note, hey guys found out the source of Pain-Yatta's phobia of children and sticks

It's not even being a piñata to begin with, he had a friend that was beat up by a robot for people's amusement. I'd hate Portal Masters too in that case, though I wonder if they'll integrate this into his backstory.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:44:19 22/09/2016 by Bifrost
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#17416 Posted: 20:49:23 22/09/2016
I can't believe Portal Masters literally murdered one of our new senseis. No he was gonna be our magic sensei he was so young and now he's gone. OK just kidding and that was a pretty cool video Bifrost.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#17417 Posted: 20:52:12 22/09/2016
^
^
^
That's my way of thinking. What makes mario... Mario , is all in the detail. no one owns a generic plumber in blue overalls with a red t shirt. Using the specific character likeness and making him Italian etc would be a problem , but we won't be able to do that .

City of heroes isn't an appropriate example coz that game could actually make characters really similar to Xmen etc . But the skylanders style is pretty specific .

Let's face it, a skylanders mario would just end up looking like a Professional Plumbers generic logo on the side of a van . Example...
[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:40 22/09/2016 by B-BOB358
#17418 Posted: 21:14:31 22/09/2016
Quote: GhostRoaster617
I can't believe Portal Masters literally murdered one of our new senseis. No he was gonna be our magic sensei he was so young and now he's gone.

Guess that opens the spot back up for Mesmerelda... smilie
#17419 Posted: 21:24:41 22/09/2016
Nah, Pain-yattas are dime in a dozen, just look at Doom Challenges.

However, that turns out to have been the actual Pain-Yatta's best friend, who was sent to Earth to prove that humans aren't so candy-crazed...

Ok, I'll stop scaring the kids now.
---
#17420 Posted: 21:26:34 22/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost
On a lighter note, hey guys found out the source of Pain-Yatta's phobia of children and sticks

It's not even being a piñata to begin with, he had a friend that was beat up by a robot for people's amusement. I'd hate Portal Masters too in that case, though I wonder if they'll integrate this into his backstory.

*opens drawer and cuddles Pain-Yatta's trap*

It's nothing buddy, everything is ok don't worry.
You are a Sensei now and no one is going to hit you with sticks again... Probably.

You know, this actually remembered me of one of the reasons why I'm unhappy about non-Doom Raiders reformed villains.
None of them is unique (except for maybe Tae Kwon Crow); how did Eon decided which Hood Sickle or Bad Juju would have joined the Senseis?

Unless I'm being terribly wrong and those specific villains never appeared twice through Trap Team's Story, then I guess Kaos could have used magic clones for the Doom Challenges.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:34:25 22/09/2016 by Drek95
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#17421 Posted: 21:30:05 22/09/2016
Jesus christ Trap Team has an epic main theme.
*gets reported for being off-topic
Seriously though, first it was Wolfgang, then the Creation Crystal overview, then Barbella...
I think we're gonna start getting new character reveals every day
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#17422 Posted: 21:31:58 22/09/2016

To be fair, that was the fault of humans, not neccisarily Portal Masters.
---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
#17423 Posted: 21:36:17 22/09/2016
Skylanders is currently at EGX 2016!
https://www.egx.net/egx

That's it, really. I don't think anyone posted anything yet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:49 22/09/2016 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#17424 Posted: 21:38:24 22/09/2016
Skylanders is currently at EGX 2016!
https://www.egx.net/egx

That's it, really. I don't think anyone posted anything yet.

There, fixed it for you!
#17425 Posted: 21:39:53 22/09/2016
I always forget the equal sign.

Either way, it literally just started for them it seems, so keep an eye out for news.

edit:Air Strike sighted! Hopefully he isn't the only new thing.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:42:17 22/09/2016 by Bifrost
#17426 Posted: 21:43:58 22/09/2016
I always forget the equal sign.

Either way, it literally just started for them it seems, so keep an eye out for news.

edit:Air Strike sighted! Hopefully he isn't the only new thing.

Oh my god, I would actually lose my crap if Air Strike was the only new figure shown off at the TFB Visit.
#17427 Posted: 21:46:03 22/09/2016
He better not be, Mysticat has less than 24 hours to win me over before I ask for Starcast instead.
---
SupremeLuminous Green Sparx Gems: 245
#17428 Posted: 21:46:51 22/09/2016
Please be Buckshot...
---
Buckshot is best skylander. Hugo can't handle him.
Green Sparx! Awe yeah!
#17429 Posted: 21:47:34 22/09/2016
He better not be, Mysticat has less than 24 hours to win me over before I ask for Starcast instead.

Isn't Starcast coming out in Wave 2? Not sure if he'll come out at launch
#17430 Posted: 21:47:37 22/09/2016
Quote: Drawdler
It's kinda hilarious seeing all those dupes there when we don't have the figurines at all.

I was thinking the exact same thing, and it's also just weird to see "clones" of famous characters such as Kaos or Cortex.
Don't know, doesn't make the same effect when they are inside their boxes on the shelves.

Also, could be the lighting, but they might have fixed Wolfgang's fur: looks much better and vibrant in that picture.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#17431 Posted: 21:50:33 22/09/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Darn, you're right. I think I'm already pushing my luck asking for them to stay there until sunday... I had my plans set up and read things wrong again. The Mysticat Double Pack is wave one though, isn't it?

As much as I love Chopscotch, I don't actually want to buy her full price because I don't get too much from the gameplay, sooo e_e
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:52 22/09/2016 by Bifrost
#17432 Posted: 21:54:19 22/09/2016

Darn, you're right. I think I'm already pushing my luck asking for them to stay there until sunday... I had my plans set up and read things wrong again. The Mysticat Double Pack is wave one though, isn't it?

As much as I love Chopscotch, I don't actually want to buy her full price because I don't get too much from the gameplay, sooo e_e

That is correct! I personally am picking up Ambush and Chopscotch, but I do really wish we got Mysticat gameplay, cause I'm picking him up too
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#17433 Posted: 21:55:22 22/09/2016
Those duplicates are pretty random. Wolfgang does look quite different there, I hope they actually did make a couple of changes.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#17434 Posted: 21:58:19 22/09/2016

That is correct! I personally am picking up Ambush and Chopscotch, but I do really wish we got Mysticat gameplay, cause I'm picking him up too

Darn, might have to shoot in the dark after all, literally instead of figuratively with Starcast. At least if Mysticat is Enigma 2.0 in having no actual cool sorceries (read: using a magic staff like a goddamn club) I can stick to the magic crystal for my extra fun.
---
#17435 Posted: 21:58:30 22/09/2016
It's kinda hilarious seeing all those dupes there when we don't have the figurines at all.

I was thinking the exact same thing, and it's also just weird to see "clones" of famous characters such as Kaos or Cortex.
Don't know, doesn't make the same effect when they are inside their boxes on the shelves.

Also, could be the lighting, but they might have fixed Wolfgang's fur: looks much better and vibrant in that picture.

I thought it did in the pack shot too, but a lot of stuff has looked kinda different in packshots.
They still didn't fix the tip of his bow or add any wash to it though :/ Kinda sticks out that it's lacking wash when Chopscotch has it and it seems so good on her

Definitely, Chopscotch is probably one of the most detailed figures shown so far, both in terms of sculpt and colors.
It's a pity Wolfgang's bows isn't as good looking and the arrow's tip certainly doesn't help.

I checked some packshots and to me those figure's fur was much darker.
They'd still have to fix Krankcase's face, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#17436 Posted: 21:59:11 22/09/2016

I think it's the lighting. The tech bases look weirdly silver instead of orange~ish.
#17437 Posted: 22:00:55 22/09/2016
Both Tech and Air bases are metallic(silver and light blue respectively).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:29 22/09/2016 by Bifrost
#17438 Posted: 22:00:59 22/09/2016
Dang it, NINJA'D AGAIN!!

Anyway... hopefully some videos and stuff come from EGX. That'd be cool
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:02:16 22/09/2016 by TheToyNerd
#17439 Posted: 22:01:35 22/09/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws

I think it's the lighting. The tech bases look weirdly silver instead of orange~ish.

Actually, that's Tech bases's color this year.

I know, it's weird when most of the bases follow the Element's colors but at least it will fit better among the other Tech Skylanders unlike Magic's purple base.

Aren't all bases except Dark ones metallic, though?
I'm pretty sure at least Earth, Fire, Life and Water have a similar effect on them; guess Light will be pearlized.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:24 22/09/2016 by Drek95
#17440 Posted: 22:02:46 22/09/2016
https://twitter.com/MacaroniKi...069205383680000

Seems to be all the same room that we've been seeing on instagram. Since it's mom blogs we better check twitter as well.
LOOKS like the viking ship level

Scholarville

But it's hard to see.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:24 22/09/2016 by Bifrost
#17441 Posted: 22:04:38 22/09/2016
Both Tech and Air bases are metallic(silver and light blue respectively).

The tech bases have always been silver...

Actually, that's Tech bases's color this year.

Huh. Shows how much attention I've been paying to the Tech Senseis. That's interesting though, thanks all for (very quickly) pointing that out. smilie
#17442 Posted: 22:05:24 22/09/2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/Mac...068949464018944

Le gasp... IT'S CREEPY ACTIVISION DUDE!!!
#17443 Posted: 22:06:59 22/09/2016

He really likes to be in mom blogger events,huh...? e_e And EGX is supposed to be big too, you can see it's only them for now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:40 22/09/2016 by Bifrost
#17444 Posted: 22:09:30 22/09/2016

I think that's the guy who was at the event where they revealed Hood Sickle.
I kinda remember him because he sounded like Snap Shot mixed with Wallop. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#17445 Posted: 22:11:55 22/09/2016

He really likes to be in mom blogger events,huh...? e_e And EGX is supposed to be big too, you can see it's only them for now.

That made me laugh way harder than it should've. Surprisingly few Creation Crystals there
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5794
#17446 Posted: 22:20:54 22/09/2016

*opens drawer and cuddles Pain-Yatta's trap*

It's nothing buddy, everything is ok don't worry.
You are a Sensei now and no one is going to hit you with sticks again... Probably.

You know, this actually remembered me of one of the reasons why I'm unhappy about non-Doom Raiders reformed villains.
None of them is unique (except for maybe Tae Kwon Crow); how did Eon decided which Hood Sickle or Bad Juju would have joined the Senseis?

Unless I'm being terribly wrong and those specific villains never appeared twice through Trap Team's Story, then I guess Kaos could have used magic clones for the Doom Challenges.

I believe Hoodsickle and Grave Clobber only showed up once in Trap team's story. Pain-yatta however I remember seeing at least 3 in the same level. Albiet they only showed up in that one level. Bad Juju I remember seeing on several levels during the last couple chapters. But definitely more than one.
#17447 Posted: 22:23:21 22/09/2016
Tae Kwon Crow is the only unique villain. Grave Clobbers and Hood Sickles appear as your main nuisance to take your attention away from Bad Jujus and Scrap Shooters in some levels. Bad Jujus are everywhere after a certain point. Chomp Chest and Sheep Creep have rare enemy counterparts but they exist.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:53 22/09/2016 by Bifrost
Zekrom Prime Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#17448 Posted: 22:34:44 22/09/2016
Tae Kwon Crow is the only unique villain. Grave Clobbers and Hood Sickles appear as your main nuisance to take your attention away from Bad Jujus and Scrap Shooters in some levels. Bad Jujus are everywhere after a certain point. Chomp Chest and Sheep Creep have rare enemy counterparts but they exist.

Actually he isnt
First | Previous | Page 349 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 347 348 349 350 351 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me