darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 330 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 328 329 330 331 332 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#16451 Posted: 09:27:13 16/09/2016
Seriously.. why should they release everything at day one? they have to sell the characters in waves over the year to make sure the attention is there over the whole year. otherwise you'd cry for new characters, news etc. after a week.

and they never did it before.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#16452 Posted: 09:46:32 16/09/2016
Quote: myskylanders
Seriously.. why should they release everything at day one? they have to sell the characters in waves over the year to make sure the attention is there over the whole year. otherwise you'd cry for new characters, news etc. after a week.

That's not true, I and many others lose interest in Skylanders after a few months or so.
So, they lose 1 sale per product that releases after February.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#16453 Posted: 09:51:41 16/09/2016
Yeah, now that I think about it, if they straight up released all the characters on Day One, that would be pretty awful. Maybe it's like a special promotion where you get a free figure from a later wave if you spend X amount of dollars... That or they're in EXTREMELY limited quantities and won't be replenished till their respective waves
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#16454 Posted: 09:53:39 16/09/2016
its a terrible and an amazing idea to release all figures at once lol.
i know it wouldnt change my spending habits. but wether its good or bad in the end is obviously debatable, theres no 100% right answer depending on how everythings organised.

The only big reason i think they would do it would be because no other toys to life game has done it before, so Itd be sure to get them alot of attention.

but i still think its not likely
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:56:41 16/09/2016 by B-BOB358
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#16455 Posted: 09:53:52 16/09/2016

True plus i love waiting for news & things like when the game is annouced there tons & u get no sleep smilie, But i also like guessing the waves, If they do release everything on day 1 then yeah it's be like
Superchargers dun dun dun
& yeah they could just make 3 waves with alot of figures like 13 in each of somethin
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#16456 Posted: 10:05:54 16/09/2016
Quote: juarmo

That's not true, I and many others lose interest in Skylanders after a few months or so.

There are a lot of pros and cons to releasing all of the toys on Day 1. While it gives you a "sea of options" to choose from at the start of the game, it also hinders the game from a long-term marketing perspective. You see, Lego Dimensions hit a snag early on because they announced all the characters coming to the game and when each of them will be released. There were no surprises after the game released because you already knew their ENTIRE plan ahead of time

That's why we only know the first two waves of Lego Dimensions Year 2. They don't want a repeat of last game. If people can buy all the known characters at launch, then what more is there to discuss after one or two months of the game being out?

This is a good thing for right now, but in the long run it will definitely hurt us as consumers. I'd be okay if this was an extremely limited time offer that was exclusive to Toys R Us while supplies last. I'd be okay with it... What concerns me is that Activision might make this the stupidly complex solution to a simple problem
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:15:37 16/09/2016 by TheToyNerd
#16457 Posted: 10:17:05 16/09/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

There are a lot of pros and cons to releasing all of the toys on Day 1. While it gives you a "sea of options" to choose from at the start of the game, it also hinders the game from a long-term marketing perspective. You see, Lego Dimensions hit a snag early on because they announced all the characters coming to the game and when each of them will be released. There were no surprises after the game released because you already knew their ENTIRE plan ahead of time

That's why we only know the first two waves of Lego Dimensions Year 2. They don't want a repeat of last game. If people can buy all the known characters at launch, then what more is there to discuss after one or two months of the game being out?

This is a good thing for right now, but in the long run it will definitely hurt us as consumers.

I disagree. I lose interest anyway because by the time everything's released, I've already beat as much of the game as possible. They'd have been more likely to sell me a Thrillipede if I hadn't moved on from Superchargers already.
I for one, miss a ton of figures cause there's always one that won't come out til a few months from the next game.
Now, listen: they're selling a product, does it really make any difference if they sell it now or later?
The only thing I can think of is people hopping off the bandwagon if they take too long to put it on the shelves. That's a point for universal release: one to nothing.

TLDR: I'm going to lose interest either way, so they're more likely to sell me something if they try to do so before that even happens.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#16458 Posted: 10:34:31 16/09/2016

This is a good thing for right now, but in the long run it will definitely hurt us as consumers.

I disagree. I lose interest anyway because by the time everything's released, I've already beat as much of the game as possible. They'd have been more likely to sell me a Thrillipede if I hadn't moved on from Superchargers already.
I for one, miss a ton of figures cause there's always one that won't come out til a few months from the next game.
Now, listen: they're selling a product, does it really make any difference if they sell it now or later?
The only thing I can think of is people hopping off the bandwagon if they take too long to put it on the shelves. That's a point for universal release: one to nothing.

TLDR: I'm going to lose interest either way, so they're more likely to sell me something if they try to do so before that even happens.

I'm not arguing that for us individual collectors, this is a bad thing by any means. But, you see, with games like these you have to keep a steady momentum to be successful. People have to CONSTANTLY be buying things in order to meet a certain threshold and be ultimately successful. The Force Awakens didn't become one of the most successful films of all time because a bunch of people saw it Day 1... It made that money all throughout its life cycle as a film.

What I'm trying to get at is, Activision might be killing their own momentum if they do this.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#16459 Posted: 10:38:19 16/09/2016
Really guys, Everything will be released o Day One?

Wow! What gullibility!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#16460 Posted: 10:38:29 16/09/2016
I think it'd be a smart move to narrow it down to 3 waves. One at launch, one for the holiday season, and one in between.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#16461 Posted: 10:43:51 16/09/2016
The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I couldn't afford all the characters I like. I kind of want to get all the ones I like as soon as they release. I wouldn't really mind it otherwise, but it still seems unlikely.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#16462 Posted: 11:35:39 16/09/2016
I could see tru getting most on day 1 but in extremly limited quantity and then fully get released later but I don't think this will all be out day 1 but it would be great
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#16463 Posted: 11:38:32 16/09/2016
They could potentialy all be released on day 1? What's that sound? Oh, it's my wallet screaming!
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#16464 Posted: 11:40:23 16/09/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I think it'd be a smart move to narrow it down to 3 waves. One at launch, one for the holiday season, and one in between.

3 would be perfect
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#16465 Posted: 12:38:42 16/09/2016
Everything in wave 1 is a terrible idea. Releasing figures over time may not catch juarmo's attention, but it will catch the kids, so yeah it is a good business model. It also keeps things fresh, and gives you a reason to come back to the game.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#16466 Posted: 12:41:04 16/09/2016

But if they release everything on Day 1, then wouldn't people just lose interest faster?
Considering there'd be nothing to wait for?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#16467 Posted: 12:45:35 16/09/2016
The thing is not everyone is going to try to get them all on day one but they can actually pick what they like from the whole set. I see no harm from this being done to activision, they get your money whether it's day one or later. The only negative is loss of interest way too soon before the next game, but that seeMs to happen regardless, the games just don't have the content to last.
I know I've long completed the game by the time all the characters are usually released. I still Vaught the characters as they were released but all I did was buy their upgrades and level them up a bit. I'd love to play through the new experience of a game with a selection from any character for that game.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#16468 Posted: 12:45:52 16/09/2016
Honestly, I think it would be great if they released everyone on day 1...but super duper limited quantities for non-Wave 1. It WOULD make prices spike on eBay and the such but it would do 2 things...

1) Let them better feel out who players like and how many of x, y, and z they need to manufacture for the ACTUAL Wave release date
2) It would re-open the idea of Skylander hunting for those of us who frankly can't seem to find any variant that isn't pre-orderable.

It does have the downside of players getting a better feel of what characters are trash and should be avoided (still upset I own a Slobbertooth), so I wouldn't expect it to happen - they most likely have more to lose than gain as a business - but I would love to go hunting again.
- Unreall
#16469 Posted: 12:49:36 16/09/2016
The only way I could see this working is if they only have them up for purchase for the first week and then release it again later.
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#16470 Posted: 12:52:48 16/09/2016
They need to release each character in their own shipment box instead of mixing up, then stores can order the characters that need stock and not have to take more characters that aren't selling. That would solve shelf warming.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#16471 Posted: 12:59:10 16/09/2016
If every character is released day one, that will take away so much of the suspense of collecting Skylanders. It just would. And, it would make finding every character chaos.
#16472 Posted: 12:59:42 16/09/2016
Quote: diddy50
They need to release each character in their own shipment box instead of mixing up, then stores can order the characters that need stock and not have to take more characters that aren't selling. That would solve shelf warming.

The issue with that is that is that there are about 50+ pieces of Imaginators merch that needs to be shipped in total. Having a separate box for each toy is crazy unreasonable. What they could do is have an even amount of each toy in said Wave. That would help with the issue of shelf warming greatly.
SupremeLuminous Green Sparx Gems: 245
#16473 Posted: 13:09:36 16/09/2016
Quote: TaeKwonCrow
Can i have a picture of Buckshot? He looks AMAZING! I don't know why he gets all the Hate. He is epic. I love Deer and Moose

Then do we have a Buckshot picture? If so, please post it.
---
Buckshot is best skylander. Hugo can't handle him.
Green Sparx! Awe yeah!
#16474 Posted: 13:10:19 16/09/2016
Quote: SupremeLuminous
Quote: TaeKwonCrow
Can i have a picture of Buckshot? He looks AMAZING! I don't know why he gets all the Hate. He is epic. I love Deer and Moose

Then do we have a Buckshot picture? If so, please post it.

We don't have a clear picture of Buckshot
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#16475 Posted: 13:10:44 16/09/2016
My guess is that they may get all the figures on Day One but they won't display all of them at once.

Just because they have them in stock doesn't mean they are available to buy immediately.
It might be a smart soluction to avoid previous year's shipments' problems: Activision send all the toys to the stores and specifically tells them when to release the various Waves.

No more unneeded waits! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#16476 Posted: 13:20:33 16/09/2016
[User Posted Image]

Here's Buckshot among the London Demo leak, next to Ro-Bow and Wolfgang, it's just his face. Drawdler did the smallest picture I could find on the phone so

Other than that, we have nothing on him and Chain Reaction.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:21:30 16/09/2016 by Bifrost
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#16477 Posted: 13:21:39 16/09/2016
Quote: Drek95
My guess is that they may get all the figures on Day One but they won't display all of them at once.

Just because they have them in stock doesn't mean they are available to buy immediately.
It might be a smart soluction to avoid previous year's shipments' problems: Activision send all the toys to the stores and specifically tells them when to release the various Waves.

No more unneeded waits! smilie

The only thing about that is people getting characters months in advance due to dumb store employees, which isn't necessarily a bad thing smilie
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#16478 Posted: 13:38:42 16/09/2016
There's no way that everything is out on Day 1. It's impossible. I think they just have placeholders up and they chose the day it releases.
Anyway, Legendary Tri-Tip wooohoooo
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#16479 Posted: 14:01:14 16/09/2016
Target has a DPCI number on their website that is different for each character, unlike previous games. Course their Amibo, DI and Dimensions have always had different numbers and makes it easier to look characters up. So its possible that each Skylander character comes in its own box just like Amibo, DI and Dimensions have always done.

ShaneG.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:02:43 16/09/2016 by Plaag
#16480 Posted: 14:34:13 16/09/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

But if they release everything on Day 1, then wouldn't people just lose interest faster?
Considering there'd be nothing to wait for?

That's the beauty of it: it doesn't matter how quickly they lose interest: they've got the figures, so 1. they miss out on nothing, and 2. "THEIR MONEY IS NO LONGER THEIR MONEY! THEIR MONEY IS NOW OUR MONEY, AND WE WILL SPEND IT ON DRUUUUGS!"
Besides, I'd wager you'd have just much time playing with each figure, it just seems like you lose interest quicker because all of your interest in the game is at once.
I'm assuming each figure will amount to the same number of hours of fun regardless of whether it's now or later, so all this does is break the ILLUSION of interest.

I mean, to me, the series is already: stay til around January, lose interest, miss the last wave or 2, buy the new game in October, so...
I could care less if this is the case.

I'm not arguing that for us individual collectors, this is a bad thing by any means. But, you see, with games like these you have to keep a steady momentum to be successful. People have to CONSTANTLY be buying things in order to meet a certain threshold and be ultimately successful. The Force Awakens didn't become one of the most successful films of all time because a bunch of people saw it Day 1... It made that money all throughout its life cycle as a film.

What I'm trying to get at is, Activision might be killing their own momentum if they do this.

So what your saying is: that the Force Awakens is a good analogy... Why?
It didn't spread out its release over the course of a year, it was released all at once, and still sold well long term, I mean, it's not like they made multiple versions of the movie JUST to spread out its release lol.
if anything, it proves that they can still be successful doing it this way bro.
Not everyone's gonna buy Skylanders day 1 either.

And the kiddies! Their parents won't buy them all 31 figures day 1, so they still have something to look forward to.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:47:43 16/09/2016 by juarmo
#16481 Posted: 14:53:36 16/09/2016
You see, the issue with this logic is that it assumes every person who wants Skylanders is going to get it Day 1. That is ABSOLUTELY NOT the case and even still, you aren't taking into account the fact that the lot have to keep the hype momentum going all year round in order to drive up sales of both figures and games. Again, The Force Awakens didn't make the insane amount of money it made during opening weekend. Or, 'more fittingly, you can't expect to make a lot of money with only one release of Transformers toys
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#16482 Posted: 14:55:55 16/09/2016
I honestly think they're releasing everything on Day 1 because Lightseekers is coming and TRU will probably need to use some more space for it.
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#16483 Posted: 15:03:39 16/09/2016
They won't release everything on day 1.
I doubt that the later figures (wave 4,5) are being produced already.
---
i am trash
#16484 Posted: 15:07:57 16/09/2016
You see, the issue with this logic is that it assumes every person who wants Skylanders is going to get it Day 1. That is ABSOLUTELY NOT the case and even still, you aren't taking into account the fact that the lot have to keep the hype momentum going all year round in order to drive up sales of both figures and games. Again, The Force Awakens didn't make the insane amount of money it made during opening weekend. Or, 'more fittingly, you can't expect to make a lot of money with only one release of Transformers toys

So? You said it yourself: the Force Awaken sold well BECAUSE of (NOT in spite of) the fact that not everyone bought a ticket day 1.
I don't see how you're failing to see the contradiction in your own thought process.

Some people buy Imaginators day 1, and some peopls don't buy it til months later
Some people buy a Ticket for The Force Awakens day 1, some people don't watch it til months later
See?
Why can't Skylanders keep selling after the fact without more new figures?
The Force Awakened didn't have any extra content later on, it was not modified in any way, so it's no different than Imaginators figures all being released day 1. The full game compared to the full movie. So there's a disconnect in your thought process.

This'll be the real test: to see if it can stand on its own strength as a AAA franchise...
If it can't, then... It doesn't truly deserve to do as well as it does.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:17:06 16/09/2016 by juarmo
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#16485 Posted: 15:17:11 16/09/2016
I hardly doubt we'll get everything on Day 1. There's no reason and in that case we would already know about everyone.
#16486 Posted: 15:19:50 16/09/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
I hardly doubt we'll get everything on Day 1. There's no reason and in that case we would already know about everyone.

I don't think release order and reveal order have a very strong correlation. Smash Hit was Wave 2 or 3, and was the last one to be leaked, much less officially revealed.
Yet Thrillipede was wave 5, 2 waves later.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#16487 Posted: 15:25:38 16/09/2016

Agreed.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#16488 Posted: 15:33:23 16/09/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

Agreed.

I actually agree though, everyone on day 1 seems excessive... Unless it's Toys R Us who has plenty of Shelfspace to pull it off. ;-)
However, I don't think it'll happen, but I could still picture it.
---
#16489 Posted: 15:55:00 16/09/2016
New Skylanders Universe Magazine is out, I can't even tell if there's news since they only recorded pages we already know.

If there's Bad Juju please warn me so I can order it, stocks are small in the importing website : P
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:55:51 16/09/2016 by Bifrost
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#16490 Posted: 16:00:02 16/09/2016
if someone found any leak or even the poster, post it. (rhyme un intended)
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:01:20 16/09/2016 by omer1698
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#16491 Posted: 16:23:12 16/09/2016
Small interview with Maitre Gims, the voice of King-Pen.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:23:47 16/09/2016 by Crash10
#16492 Posted: 16:25:37 16/09/2016
That's some Google Translation right there. I've been looking for a good translation of the video but that isn't one.
---
Darklander Green Sparx Gems: 305
#16493 Posted: 16:30:36 16/09/2016
Sorry to bother you but does anyone have an updated roster?
---
The Art of War! smilie
Dark and Dangerous. smilie
I Reign Supreme! smilie
#16494 Posted: 16:32:28 16/09/2016
Quote: Darklander

TTD can't update the OP until next week, so SCL's got it covered.

http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/imaginators-figures/

The game page here on DarkSpyro also has them but smaller pictures.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:32:52 16/09/2016 by Bifrost
Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
#16495 Posted: 16:38:27 16/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost
That's some Google Translation right there. I've been looking for a good translation of the video but that isn't one.

Wait, what video ?
---
Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
#16496 Posted: 16:43:38 16/09/2016

It's been posted for a while now. All in french.
---
Darklander Green Sparx Gems: 305
#16497 Posted: 16:47:46 16/09/2016
Quote: Darklander

TTD can't update the OP until next week, so SCL's got it covered.

http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/imaginators-figures/

The game page here on DarkSpyro also has them but smaller pictures.

Thank you
---
The Art of War! smilie
Dark and Dangerous. smilie
I Reign Supreme! smilie
Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
#16498 Posted: 16:53:00 16/09/2016
Oh, well I could translate it for you if you want (I'm french) though nothing really important is said aside for a few of King Pen french lines.
---
Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#16499 Posted: 16:55:57 16/09/2016
so a franch rapper will do the voice acting of king pen? nice
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#16500 Posted: 16:56:21 16/09/2016
If there's nothing important then there's no need, I guess, thanks anyway. Seemed like an oddly specific thing for them to post when I first saw it.

New Skylanders Universe Magazine is out, I can't even tell if there's news since they only recorded pages we already know.

If there's Bad Juju please warn me so I can order it, stocks are small in the importing website : P

Quoting from last page since stuff tends to get lost here.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:15 16/09/2016 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 330 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 328 329 330 331 332 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me