darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 20 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#951 Posted: 19:43:15 24/05/2016
My estimated guess is either on Friday, or sometime this weekend.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#952 Posted: 19:51:47 24/05/2016
It's gotta be before the end of the month, IMO.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#953 Posted: 19:52:29 24/05/2016
Quote: Luminous35
My estimated guess is either on Friday, or sometime this weekend.

That would honestly be the best time frame for that. I cannot fathom them announcing it any time later than that. Can someone really dedicated go back and see how far apart the tease and announcement of Superchargers and Trap Team were? Because they haven't teased crap and I'm wondering will they just poop out an announcement or will there be a larger build up.

Quote: yelvy

Sooo... This week? Because we only have a week left of May and if they indeed showed off Sky 6 at the Battlecast press event, you'd be shocked if they held it all back this long? Also, notice how AGG's recent Battlecast video was filmed at his own house. HMMMMMMM?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:30 24/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#954 Posted: 19:57:03 24/05/2016
Just a quick search on Wikipedia:

(Trap team)

Quote:
In November 2013, Activision confirmed that a fourth Skylanders game was in development for a release in Fall 2014. On April 15, 2014, Activision released a video with Eon and Kaos teasing a media announcement set for the next week in New York. On April 23, 2014, Activision announced Skylanders: Trap Team with a release on October 5, 2014.

(Superchargers)

Quote:
A new Skylanders video game was confirmed by publisher Activision on February 5, 2015.[7] The inclusion of vehicles and the game's title was leaked on May 26, 2015, ahead of its official reveal on June 3, 2015.

Quote: TheToyNerd

Sooo... This week? Because we only have a week left of May and if they indeed showed off Sky 6 at the Battlecast press event, you'd be shocked if they held it all back this long? Also, notice how AGG's recent Battlecast video was filmed at his own house. HMMMMMMM?

Only a week left of May? Whaaa?! smilie

But yeah, I do think they'll do it soon. Anytime in early June will be overshadowed by Pkmn S/M.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:06 24/05/2016 by yelvy
#955 Posted: 20:02:41 24/05/2016
Oh, so Superchargers had no buildup besides all the leaks which were obviously not supposed to happen... Interesting!
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#956 Posted: 20:04:54 24/05/2016
Just a quick search on Wikipedia:

(Trap team)

Quote:
In November 2013, Activision confirmed that a fourth Skylanders game was in development for a release in Fall 2014. On April 15, 2014, Activision released a video with Eon and Kaos teasing a media announcement set for the next week in New York. On April 23, 2014, Activision announced Skylanders: Trap Team with a release on October 5, 2014.

(Superchargers)

Quote:
A new Skylanders video game was confirmed by publisher Activision on February 5, 2015.[7] The inclusion of vehicles and the game's title was leaked on May 26, 2015, ahead of its official reveal on June 3, 2015.

Only a week left of May? Whaaa?! smilie

But yeah, I do think they'll do it soon. Anytime in early June will be overshadowed by Pkmn S/M.

Both games had the "tease" and the "announcement 9 days apart (counting both those days). So I'm expecting no later than June 1st this year. Both games were officially announced on a Wednesday, and the 1st is a Wednesday. But it could also be tomorrow considering the you tubers and such went out last week for their press event, which would give them time to prep videos and such. Just a thought.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#957 Posted: 20:52:07 24/05/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i see people calling the revealed skylander a penguin, but i think its an eagle because of the yellow eyes and claws on the feet. what you folks think it is?

Well, his face definitely looks more like a snow owl or some kind of artic eagle or hawk, but the fact his arms (can't tell if they end in hands or flippers) are dark blue makes me think he has at least the body of a penguin.

I guess they are aiming for some kind of almost black iridescent blue, like Toothless' skin in How to Train Your Dragon movies.

Quote: MarvelSeer
Quote: skylandsfan
Appears as if a reveal is coming relatively soon.
[User Posted Image]

Just want to say the Weapons on him are in the Battlecast Game! So thats something I guess

Really?!

That's really interesting news!
It's strange nobody pointed it out before.

This could either mean they are already referencing certain new characters in Battlecast, which lore-wise would be sweet, or that cards might have some function in the new game.
Maybe they will unlock special weapons/armors, if that's the gimmick.

I think it would be a rather cheap strategy to sell them, but it's Activision we are talking about, after all.

Oooor maybe this penguin is just a Battlecast-only character and we are getting hyped over """nothing""". smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:35 24/05/2016 by Drek95
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#958 Posted: 20:59:56 24/05/2016
Wait? No, the weapons on him are not. I don't remember a single Gear of that type. It resembles the Ampli-Flier in color but those are wing augments. The Bladed Bracers are also that, bracers, those are gauntlets.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:02:00 24/05/2016 by Bifrost
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#959 Posted: 21:08:29 24/05/2016
I think revealing on a school day is a strategy Acti uses so the kids will tell their friends in school, and create buzz.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#960 Posted: 21:08:39 24/05/2016
Would like to help more, but haven't followed Battlecast as much as I wished to.

Just took a fast look at the name's list, particularly focusing on Water and Non-Elemental cards.
The only two names which caught my attention are the two you just mentioned, Bifrost, so if those aren't the ones... I guess we might be at a dead end.

Would love if we could have the entire list of cards with pictures, one day, it would also help checking out the various aspects of lore Battlecast gives out.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#961 Posted: 21:19:46 24/05/2016
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
I think revealing on a school day is a strategy Acti uses so the kids will tell their friends in school, and create buzz.

But if they reveal it on a school day, won't the kids be at school and not hear about it until they get home? XD
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#962 Posted: 21:34:36 24/05/2016
It will be revealed on saturday to make it coincide with the champions league final. The perfect day to promote anything which is sports themed.

Just joking...hopefully.

Edit 1: If kickoff countdown had been a SC character, I would be a bit terrified right now.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:34 24/05/2016 by angelg
#963 Posted: 21:35:16 24/05/2016
Quote: Bolt

But if they reveal it on a school day, won't the kids be at school and not hear about it until they get home? smilie

They all have phones now anyways... And thats better than waiting 2 days to tell friends... and forgetting with their short attention spans... kids...
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#964 Posted: 21:37:06 24/05/2016
Quote: Bolt

But if they reveal it on a school day, won't the kids be at school and not hear about it until they get home? smilie

They all have phones now anyways... And thats better than waiting 2 days to tell friends... and forgetting with their short attention spans... kids...

If most of the target age range has phones that's a tad scary, seeing as the target age is 8-10...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#965 Posted: 21:40:37 24/05/2016
Trust me. They do. Anyways the target age I thought was 8-12
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#966 Posted: 21:46:52 24/05/2016
Trust me. They do. Anyways the target age I thought was 8-12

I don't really know what they target age is, I was just spewing something out. Anyways, if that age group has phones (May God have mercy on their parents), then they could just text each other about the new game. I honestly think they reveal during the week because it is more convenient for the press. (So they don't have to do anything over the weekend)
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#967 Posted: 21:54:01 24/05/2016
I honestly don't want a reveal this week because this is my exam week.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#968 Posted: 22:00:14 24/05/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I honestly don't want a reveal this week because this is my exam week.

I'm hoping for Friday. This week is also very busy for me.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#969 Posted: 22:34:01 24/05/2016
Friday is my hopes. I think that should be the latest.
---
#970 Posted: 22:36:23 24/05/2016
Friday is my hopes. I think that should be the latest.

I wouldn't even mind Saturday, TBH! Anything else is just SUPER unnecessary... Like, at that point why delay it so long? News sites don't need THAT much time to prepare the videos and articles.
#971 Posted: 22:44:42 24/05/2016
That said, Drek, Battlecast might not be so pointless if the other groups are using it as reference as well. For example, even if Rip Tide doesn't get a repose in 6kylanders or something, he could very well be the perfect replacement for Gill Grunt in Academy since that guy's already deconfirmed iirc. Riptide has too many uses for fish to fit in his pockets, that's not even close to an Aquaman. Yes, cannibalism is included.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:48:02 24/05/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8264
#972 Posted: 22:48:57 24/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
That said, Drek, Battlecast might not be so pointless if the other groups are using it as reference as well. For example, even if Rip Tide doesn't get a repose in 6kylanders or something, he could very well be the perfect replacement for Gill Grunt in Academy since that guy's already deconfirmed iirc. Riptide has too many uses for fish to fit in his pockets, that's not even close to an Aquaman. Yes, cannibalism is included.

I'd love Riptide <3
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#973 Posted: 22:53:08 24/05/2016
Not to go off-topic but I never got why Riptide was included in the roster. He is the most obscure Skylander on that entire list! Everyone else is to be expected except for Rip Tide. I don't have anything against him but he's just a weird pick IMO
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#974 Posted: 22:58:45 24/05/2016

Wait, when was Gill deconfirmed?
Not that I'm complaining, I'd just like to know.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#975 Posted: 22:59:15 24/05/2016
You would expect Echo to get repose?

EDIT: Forget this, I didn't understand. :3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:44 24/05/2016 by Luminous35
#976 Posted: 23:05:04 24/05/2016
Not to go off-topic but I never got why Riptide was included in the roster. He is the most obscure Skylander on that entire list! Everyone else is to be expected except for Rip Tide. I don't have anything against him but he's just a weird pick IMO

Dunno why either, but at least the devs made darn well good use of the choice.

About Gills in Academy, not too sure if I heard he's not a lead or I'm mistaking him for Flynn. Tweets got deleted and all, but I'll check the board in General to see if I brought it up.

edit: Quote: HeyitsHotDog
More questions answered.

No plans for Gill Grunt yet, despite his popularity and the animation is Pixar like.

Here it is, not in season 1 at least, meaning the Water rep is nobody or another character.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:41 24/05/2016 by Bifrost
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#977 Posted: 23:06:25 24/05/2016
I want a reveal sometime this weekend. That'll be a good time to brighten up my crappy week.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#978 Posted: 00:01:32 25/05/2016
I have a feeling it will be on the Friday.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#979 Posted: 00:09:13 25/05/2016
I guess I'll vote Friday too...
Even though that's THREE DAYS TOO LONG FOR ME TO WAIT RIGHT NOW.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#980 Posted: 00:13:37 25/05/2016

I agree, Battlecast could definitely hide some hints about various parts of the franchise's future (maybe even certain reposes after all).

Don't ask me why, though, but I have the feeling our penguin samurai might appear in Academy as our Water flagship: would be a perfect way to promote the new game (since they are both being released in the same period, more or less).
Other than that... Nothing.
Unless he ends up having more personality than Rip Tide, which is basically an heroic and optimistic hero sterotype without any other particular traits, from what I've seen.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8264
#981 Posted: 00:14:57 25/05/2016
Quote: Drek95

I agree, Battlecast could definitely hide some hints about various parts of the franchise's future (maybe even certain reposes after all).

Don't ask me why, though, but I have the feeling our penguin samurai might appear in Academy as our Water flagship: would be a perfect way to promote the new game (since they are both being released in the same period, more or less).
Other than that... Nothing.
Unless he ends up having more personality than Rip Tide, which is basically an heroic and optimistic hero sterotype without any other particular traits, from what I've seen.

Nah. I'd say that Flip Wreak. Riptide comes off as a Flynn of Skylanders, IMHO.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#982 Posted: 00:18:56 25/05/2016
And without Flynn in season one, welp, there's the substitute. But I hope for the penguin character as well. Even if Riptide's pretty awesome in Battlecast, his appearance still puts me off. Not as bad as Scorp or Grim Creeper,far from them, but it's still a bit too Dreamworksy.
---
#983 Posted: 00:19:36 25/05/2016
Mmmh... Don't know.

Didn't get to know much Flip Wreck either (they never focus much on those two, outside the games) but I feel he is way more playful and "childish" than Rip Tide.

But your description fits him well; we could also say he's the Water Thrillipede, which is pretty much the Life Flynn.

To be fair, I'd like to see Flip Wreck in Academy!
Definitely interested in knowing more about him.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:50 25/05/2016 by Drek95
#984 Posted: 00:26:12 25/05/2016
I feel like many Skylanders fall into the trap of having very little to no personality outside of being Skylanders. I like characters like Smash Hit, Trigger Happy and Pop Fizz that are just wacky characters that are very comedic in nature. I just don't care for the ones like Crusher, Blast Zone, etc. because they just all hit the same character traits of being Heroic.
#985 Posted: 00:33:20 25/05/2016
I feel like many Skylanders fall into the trap of having very little to no personality outside of being Skylanders. I like characters like Smash Hit, Trigger Happy and Pop Fizz that are just wacky characters that are very comedic in nature. I just don't care for the ones like Crusher, Blast Zone, etc. because they just all hit the same character traits of being Heroic.

Yeah, I agree. I mean, they have great character concepts, with each character being a different species and their occupation or something like that (e.g. Stealth Elf - Ninja Elf, Fryno - Biker Rhyno). They just need better personalities.
---
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#986 Posted: 00:34:08 25/05/2016
Please please PLEASE have playable villains and villains figures!!!! I hope this series brings the game back to it's roots. Not so heavy on the gimmicks.

AND a big one for me......BRING BACK THE STAT CARDS!!! Terrible decision to ditch those this far into the franchise. Can't stand that my album now has to have those stupid sticker stats mixed in. I feel better knowing TFB is back at the helm.
#987 Posted: 00:36:52 25/05/2016
Pretty much why Hex and Cynder also stayed popular long after they stopped getting new series. They're not 'oh we're spooky but we're good', Hex is incredibly deep for someone with one comic and book with her no-nonsense demeanor and fighting alone so no one else gets hurt, and in Battlecast she's still very much capable of unleashing the sass. Cynder aisde from her previous game's personality, is still less 'spooky' and straight up grumpy and antisocial, which makes her feel more real.

We just need more stories for these characters. Maaaybe Skylanders Universe Magazine has them often in then Q&As showing something new, but without the games we need the extra materials than we think we do.

(that said Mask of Power 10 and 9 are still French-exclusive and no one said anything about them ;_ ;' )
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:38:21 25/05/2016 by Bifrost
#988 Posted: 00:41:00 25/05/2016
We need the Skylanders equivalent to the Overwatch shorts. Or at least more info added to their backstories than, "such and such did a thing... they are now a Skillander, yaaaaaay". Maybe the backstories to these characters shouldn't be limited to a paragraph.
#989 Posted: 00:43:27 25/05/2016
Are we even talking about Sky 6 anymore?
I have a question, do you think there will be more then usual, or less then usual Light and Dark characters?
---
#990 Posted: 00:45:14 25/05/2016
Yeah, I feel like almost every Skylanders has the potential to be an interesting, if not complex characters with a well thought personality.
Would have never thought Blades would have had that personality, if I didn't read his story in the comics.

The problem is they obviously can't focus on all the Skylanders, even if they do try their best (simply making them say certain specific lines during battles, or while being part of a group helps a lot).
Sincerely hoping Academy will make us know many of them more.

To answer your question, Luminous, I think they will create less new characters for Light and Dark, than the ones for the classic Elements.
I'm guessing we'll get at least two Skylanders per Element so I'd say only one for those two.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:49:31 25/05/2016 by Drek95
#991 Posted: 01:10:36 25/05/2016
Are we even talking about Sky 6 anymore?
I have a question, do you think there will be more then usual, or less then usual Light and Dark characters?

Most likely what Drek had said. But probably later in the series, they'll receive the same number of Skylanders.
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#992 Posted: 01:20:44 25/05/2016
Quote: Drek95
Yeah, I feel like almost every Skylanders has the potential to be an interesting, if not complex characters with a well thought personality.
Would have never thought Blades would have had that personality, if I didn't read his story in the comics.

The problem is they obviously can't focus on all the Skylanders, even if they do try their best (simply making them say certain specific lines during battles, or while being part of a group helps a lot).
Sincerely hoping Academy will make us know many of them more.

To answer your question, Luminous, I think they will create less new characters for Light and Dark, than the ones for the classic Elements.
I'm guessing we'll get at least two Skylanders per Element so I'd say only one for those two.

It's good they make less dark and light as I think it makes the element more special
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
MarvelSeer Blue Sparx Gems: 675
#993 Posted: 03:01:20 25/05/2016
Wait? No, the weapons on him are not. I don't remember a single Gear of that type. It resembles the Ampli-Flier in color but those are wing augments. The Bladed Bracers are also that, bracers, those are gauntlets.

I was thinking of the Bladed Bracers, Sorry for the confusion smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Missing Legendary Bushwack emoji
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#994 Posted: 03:47:43 25/05/2016
I'd personally love for them to go back and make Light and Dark Giants, 2 Light and 2 Dark Swap Force with their own unique skill, and maybe a few more cores. I like the elusiveness of the Light and Dark Skylanders but I just think it's kinda sad when Eon says, "Skylanders of the Light element are stronger in this zone." Like why not just say, "Use Knight Light, Spotlight, or Astroblast."
#995 Posted: 04:27:29 25/05/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
I'd personally love for them to go back and make Light and Dark Giants, 2 Light and 2 Dark Swap Force with their own unique skill, and maybe a few more cores. I like the elusiveness of the Light and Dark Skylanders but I just think it's kinda sad when Eon says, "Skylanders of the Light element are stronger in this zone." Like why not just say, "Use Knight Light, Spotlight, or Astroblast."

Uh...because saying "Skylanders of the Light element are stronger in this zone" refers to the element collectively, rather than saying their names individually. Same with every other element...
---
Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
#996 Posted: 04:32:51 25/05/2016
We need the Skylanders equivalent to the Overwatch shorts. Or at least more info added to their backstories than, "such and such did a thing... they are now a Skillander, yaaaaaay". Maybe the backstories to these characters shouldn't be limited to a paragraph.

That would be SO cool! I am in LOVE with the Overwatch shorts. But instead of shorts they should just be Academy episodes. Having a "guest" skylander show up every so often to help out with the main story would be a cool way to fit a few extra characters in.

Baaaaack on topic though,

I hope it's revealed after the 7th for the purely selfish reason that that's when all my finals are over.

-Rov
---
Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
-Rov
MarvelSeer Blue Sparx Gems: 675
#997 Posted: 05:19:49 25/05/2016
Quote: SodaPopHD

Uh...because saying "Skylanders of the Light element are stronger in this zone" refers to the element collectively, rather than saying their names individually. Same with every other element...

I can see where Isaac is coming from... seeing as there are only 3 Light/Dark Skylanders it would be cool to hear there names in game. Know that it would be crazy to hear them say every single Magic, (Maybe saying "Spyro would be stronger for this zone" might make us play as that Skylanders from past game for a short time.) Water, Tech and so fort. I mean I wont mind having something a little different... it would help keep the game fresh in my opinion and something(s) need to be done as I feel like Skylanders it coming to its end and I really DON'T want that to happen, I love the series to much.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Missing Legendary Bushwack emoji
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#998 Posted: 07:23:03 25/05/2016

Totally agree. There are certain skylanders who I wish I knew more about them. Maybe adding a short for all them is too much resource consuming but including story scrolls or some kind of unlockable which give a deeper insight at their backgrounds and personalities could be possible.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#999 Posted: 10:14:00 25/05/2016
Quote: MarvelSeer
Quote: SodaPopHD

I can see where Isaac is coming from... seeing as there are only 3 Light/Dark Skylanders it would be cool to hear there names in game. Know that it would be crazy to hear them say every single Magic, (Maybe saying "Spyro would be stronger for this zone" might make us play as that Skylanders from past game for a short time.) Water, Tech and so fort. I mean I wont mind having something a little different... it would help keep the game fresh in my opinion and something(s) need to be done as I feel like Skylanders it coming to its end and I really DON'T want that to happen, I love the series to much.

Wow, I think hearing that could actually give us a reason to play as our old characters. I think that would be really cool!
---
#1000 Posted: 11:01:43 25/05/2016
I'd really like a deeper acknowledgement of our collection, trough dialogues and Eon's suggestions.
Something along the lines of Quigley from SA or Octavius from Giants.

Maybe the game could select a random Skylander from our collection and make Eon say his name when entering an Elemental Zone.
For example he could say "Spyro could perform better in this Magic Zone" or "Stealth Elf feels stronger in this Life Zone".

I think it wouldn't require that much work to be done, both by Eon's voice actor and developers.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:23:47 25/05/2016 by Drek95
First | Previous | Page 20 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me