darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 17 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#801 Posted: 22:16:29 22/05/2016
I wouldn't mind two new characters for each element, and maybe one repose instead of like, ten.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#802 Posted: 22:19:49 22/05/2016
I at least want sixteen gimmicks, sixteen Cores, then sixteen of another roster and sixteen of another roster.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
#803 Posted: 22:21:37 22/05/2016
That sounds like... a huge number. I wouldn't want that much to be honest.
---
#804 Posted: 22:32:41 22/05/2016
Quote: Luminous35
That sounds like... a huge number. I wouldn't want that much to be honest.

Might get ninja'd.

Sixty-four? Eh...I guess so...but that's only eight more than the number of Swap Force characters.

But the two side rosters would be, like, repeats of older characters (Like Minis or Lightcore).

I mean, the only ones people would actually get would be the thirty-two new characters that would be introduced into the series.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#805 Posted: 22:57:39 22/05/2016
Quote: GaiaMemories
Quote: Luminous35
Why would the game be released in November? It's always in October or September. I'd rather them stick to that tradition.
In all honesty, don't kill me for this but I kinda hope that they don't release as many characters this year. I always have so much trouble getting them.

I'm the opposite, after only having 10 new characters in SC, I want a big roster. At least 30 (3 of each element).

I agree. Although, I think 20 new characters would suffice. It's still more than SC.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#806 Posted: 23:19:13 22/05/2016
I had an idea for what this years gimmick could be. The artwork is really putting emphasis in weapons, so perhaps the weapons between skylanders are interchangable. Their secondary and tertiary attacks would stay but different primary attacks would make for great strategies. Of course side-toys are also a given nowadays, so maybe they'll have a few "super-weapons" you can buy separately that, when applied to any gimmicklander, provide huge boosts. Maybe one or two special weapons per-element? They would probably just cost a little more than traps too. I really hope something like this happens, but as long as vehicles aren't thrown away like traps, I'll be fine. I'll be ok with no racing but it would be nice todrive them in a level or to get to hidden spots in the hub instead of making them into some $15 flashbombs or statues.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:37 22/05/2016 by TrapShadowFan
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#807 Posted: 23:25:50 22/05/2016
A lot of people speculated that that would be the gimmick for Trap Team, though I don't think that's it. Trap Team already focused on weapons so this year we'll get something else. I think the penguin is a core anyway.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#808 Posted: 23:26:18 22/05/2016
I believe 30 would be a good number for the roster. 2 gimmicklanders and 1 villain for each element. Plus 12-15 of the 30 characters would have variants. And maybe an extra set of 8 Skylanders that would be Elites or re-imagined reposed, though I don't mind not having these ones. Core are not important. As long as we have more totally new characters than Superchargers but less stuff overall to purchase compared to Trap Team, I'll be happy.

Quote: Kevin16
Would be really stupid if they made villian figures, we already bought traps for that.

Opinion but I think they are worth re-purchasing since you would get a detailed full figure instead of a simple Trap. They would likely have a full upgrade path + an unknown bonus if they are gimmicklanders, which could be given to the character inside a Trap I must admit, but we don't know if the Traps were programmed in a way that allows that.
---
bye
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#809 Posted: 23:38:41 22/05/2016
30 is a good number, though I'd rather have one core, one gimmicklander,one special(be it villains or reposes). TT was definately too much while SC too little.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#810 Posted: 23:40:02 22/05/2016
I think 20 is a better number. It might be easier for people to collect them and such. It's still more then SC. (And I mean 20 new characters)
---
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5298
#811 Posted: 23:44:04 22/05/2016
Not sure if it's been said, but rumor has it the game is titled skylanders: warriors.
Not official yet though.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#812 Posted: 23:49:11 22/05/2016
I agree with 20 Skylanders and maybe 10/20 more villain's figures, if they do make them.
10 were definitely not enough but the 36 of Trap Team might have been too much.

Regarding Cores, I wouldn't mind if all the new characters were Gimmicklanders without being too different from a regular characters: for example, the SuperChargers aren't that different from Cores in-game (even if their figures differ a lot from the others) but the Trap Masters or Swappers are quite unique.
If the Water penguin is a Gimmicklander (and isn't big for the sake of making it cost 13$/€) I'll accept it as a Core as well, because frankly there is nothing design-wise which would make him different from other bulky characters such as Slam Bam or Fist Bump.

About the new gimmick... Villain's figures wouldn't be enough to make me say "WOW" and I would lie if I said interchangeable weapons excite me.
Apparently Activision tried making small parts detachable during the development of SWAP Force but ditched the idea because they might have been dangerous for toddlers.
Personally I also think they might end up limiting the designs, because all characters would have to be able to wield all the various weapons... And I need variety after SuperChargers.

That being said, the armor on the penguin looks like something which might be detached from his body...
But I'm still not entirely convinced.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#813 Posted: 23:54:48 22/05/2016
It wouldn't limit design since you just need to have them all making grabbing gestures, and then have the handle of the regular weapon fit all of them while gauntlet-types fit all their knuckles. I'd cut characters with small or huge hands out of the picture,but the rest can still be worked with.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#814 Posted: 23:55:07 22/05/2016
Quote: skylandsfan
Not sure if it's been said, but rumor has it the game is titled skylanders: warriors.
Not official yet though.

Not even sure that rumored is the right word.

Some guy on Instagram thinks it's called Skylanders Warriors is more correct.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#815 Posted: 23:56:52 22/05/2016
Not official yet though.

This might be a huge misunderstanding.

Someone came up with that name in the General Discussion topic, because the penguin does look Alice a fiercely warrior, but clearly said it was simply an absolutely personal idea based on what we knew.

Then I saw someone saying that "apparently the name for the sixth game is Skylanders Warriors" on Instagram, and I'd bet he read it here and came to his own conclusions.

So I think it would be better if this rumor stopped before it became a spreaded "truth", because I'm pretty sure that name wasn't found anywhere else.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:59:43 22/05/2016 by Drek95
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#816 Posted: 00:20:11 23/05/2016
Well I ws actually thinking a gimmick figure, and 2 cores, but I like the "gimmick, core plus villain" idea as well. I personally think 20 is to small of a number.
---
Hahahahaha
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#817 Posted: 00:24:49 23/05/2016
I'd like to see 3 per element, making a total of 30 characters. I would like a gimmick character, a core, and a villain figure. That's be enough to making me happy when it came to the roster.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#818 Posted: 00:29:25 23/05/2016
This is what I was talking about.. Not instagram. And that user you're referencing is me.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/...thread/page-59#
Just scroll down
---
#819 Posted: 00:30:47 23/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
It wouldn't limit design since you just need to have them all making grabbing gestures, and then have the handle of the regular weapon fit all of them while gauntlet-types fit all their knuckles. I'd cut characters with small or huge hands out of the picture,but the rest can still be worked with.

Well, yes and no.

A single wieldable weapon would exclude quadrupeds (unless they are centaur like characters) or creatures without arms, because I guess all the Gimmicklanders should supposedly be able to use all the weapons.
Then let's say magic weapons were also included; how could a brute be able to fully use a staff created by the great experience of a mage, for example (would be interesting if different characters used the various weapons in different ways, though)?
The single fact all these Skylanders would need to use a weapon would already limit their design in some way.

I guess TfB might surprise me with some clever concepts but what I want after the upgright cast of the last game is diversity: small critters, huge beasts, cyborgs, wizards, elementals, dragons, animals, plants and so on.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:32:23 23/05/2016 by Drek95
#820 Posted: 00:33:14 23/05/2016
Their mouths, then? They'd just have to have open mouths,and then you'd have a dog with a knife that refuses to take his medicine.
---
#821 Posted: 00:36:49 23/05/2016
This is what I was talking about.. Not instagram. And that user you're referencing is me.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/...thread/page-59#
Just scroll down

Guess it still relates to that absolutely unfounded fan name in the General topic.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:30 23/05/2016 by Drek95
#822 Posted: 00:38:38 23/05/2016
Okay, ready?

One or two Gimmick Skylanders, two Core Skylanders, one or two Villains figures (if we were to assume that that IS a thing).

Plus, TfB would throw some other sub-gimmick into the mix.

1 + 2 + 1 = 4 per element (40 new characters).
2 + 2 + 2 = 6 per element (60 new characters). Actually, no, 'cause I think that's going to far.

Unless I did my math wrong (which I'm pretty sure I did), I'd hope for forty new characters. However, I think that'd be pushing it as well. But if you think of Swap Force's and Trap Team's amount (two Gimmicks, two Cores), then it wouldn't really be considered "pushing it" since they have already done that.

EDIT: Ninja'd again. Common, people!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:48 23/05/2016 by SodaPopHD
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#823 Posted: 00:39:28 23/05/2016
Yeah 30 would be a good number. Even 28
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#824 Posted: 00:43:27 23/05/2016
Appears as if a reveal is coming relatively soon.
[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:50 23/05/2016 by skylandsfan
#825 Posted: 00:45:05 23/05/2016
That would be interesting, but again, how could that very same dog-like quadruped use the penguin's armor or blades, for example?
Would he just wear them on his limbs and roll around or randomly try to slash the nearby enemies?

Don't know... I just strongly feel that the exchangeable idea already had its time with Swappers, even if I do understand this might be and even better concept potentially.
It's all up to how they'll handle it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#826 Posted: 01:05:12 23/05/2016
[User Posted Image]

Um...I'm still having trust issues...is this a reliable source?
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#827 Posted: 01:09:54 23/05/2016
Quote: SodaPopHD
[User Posted Image]

Are you kidding me? TheHDRoom has done extensive Skylanders coverage every year since Swap Force.

Linky link to their Trap Team article and here is the Zelda to the Superchargers article. Yeah, they're pretty reliable!
#828 Posted: 01:13:34 23/05/2016
The HDRoom is very reliable, pretty sure he gets invited to official events too and has talked about skylanders announcements before. (Pretty sure he's a user on here too, but haven't seen him in a while!)
#829 Posted: 01:14:48 23/05/2016
The youtuber,yes, but this is an instagram pic. Is there a twitter link?
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#830 Posted: 01:15:45 23/05/2016
All right, here's what I think/would like to see, assuming the villain figures thing is true:
10 Gimmicklanders.
10 New Cores.
5 Reposes.
5 Villains.
That would lead to 30 figures per element (not counting alter egos), which is only six below what Spyro's Adventure had. And, by doing 5 reposes and 5 villains, that would allow for the elements to be evenly spread out (giving Luminous and Nightshade figures for Light and Dark, or maybe even reposes of Blackout and Spotlight). And the rest are completely new characters.
This is of course also assuming they don't do the whole Skymiibo thing again, which is a whole other topic in of itself.
EDIT: Where did I get 40 from? Jeez I suck at math...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:29 23/05/2016 by AdamGregory03
#831 Posted: 01:18:01 23/05/2016
Link to the Tweet

Also, looking at their feed, they don't seem to reply to many comments. So, it's even more weird that they replied! How soon is "Soon" if they're willing to break up the flow for some random Skylanders kid?
#832 Posted: 01:23:16 23/05/2016
Well,we've had Eric Rogers' "soon" for a few months now, hoping this "soon" is a little sooner and not like Two Weeks(tm).
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#833 Posted: 01:28:15 23/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: SodaPopHD
[User Posted Image]

Are you kidding me? TheHDRoom has done extensive Skylanders coverage every year since Swap Force.

Linky link to their Trap Team article and here is the Zelda to the Superchargers article. Yeah, they're pretty reliable!

But it's a pretty obvious statement that any fool could make though. They saw an image that just couldn't be faked and gave a vague mention that we'll know more soon. Like DUUUUH! I predict the sun will raise and set tomorrow. Get back to me with some news that hasn't been widely known for several hours now.

Anyway, I'm not in love with this new character at all. I detest bird characters the most (I hate Jet-Vac) and I'm very much anti large macho looking jerks. Bring me out a new waifu, please!
---
Stay Cool!
#834 Posted: 01:30:30 23/05/2016
Okay. That's probably the only other source I'll trust, besides Activision themselves.

Maybe when he says "somewhat soon", he means sometime before June or July. Maybe he knows the date, but isn't allowed to say it yet?
---
#835 Posted: 01:33:40 23/05/2016
I'm personally not a fan of the interchangeable weapons idea if done with toys. It seems like a complicated and expensive concept to pull off.

Also, I don't expect more core than gimmicklanders.
---
bye
#836 Posted: 01:36:29 23/05/2016
Me neither, but knowing them, they'll always find a way to make you like a concept. I don't think they'll do that this year, though.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#837 Posted: 01:41:04 23/05/2016
If they wanted to do interchangeable weapons, Trap Masters would've been the time to do it. I kind of hope they don't go with a second set of weapon-themed gimmicklanders right away.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#838 Posted: 03:42:29 23/05/2016
Well Trap Masters were essentially giants, looking beyond their weapons, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're gonna pull a "Giants 3 with weapons"
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#839 Posted: 04:13:44 23/05/2016
Love the penguin design. The armour really does seem to be a focus in the pic .

I wouldn't mind a game where the gimic landers had upgradable armour . Knda like how the vehicles had Upgrades.

It'd definitely give me more to do with all the new characters having to max out their upgrades, levels and battle armour.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#840 Posted: 04:58:36 23/05/2016
I supposed a few month ago, that one the next steps after the vehicles in SC could be mechs. But it was more a toys guesswork and I think that nobody wants more giants size characters.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#841 Posted: 07:05:34 23/05/2016
The belt on the new character makes me think of Street Fighter. Maybe there will be some kind of new fight mode. Probably already mentioned, but just in case.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#842 Posted: 07:15:39 23/05/2016
What IF the gimmick is something ingame, like creating your own levels or something? (dunno just a guess)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#843 Posted: 07:24:18 23/05/2016
Regarding the different issues being discussed here:

1) Number of Skylanders: I'm on the minority side that likes to have a large number of them released, not because I'm a compulsive buyer, but rather because it increases the possibilities of me having more than a few favourites. I would hate to get a roster where I'm not particlarly attracted to any of them, I need at least one or two which really catches my eye.

2) Villains: I Liked villains, I wouldn't mind at all to have them back, either as traps or new figures. For me villains are as much of a characters as the rest of skylanders (despite most of them only having two attacks) and some of them had great personalities (Luminous, brocoli guy).

3) Hinted Gimmick: One skylander is really no clue what will sky 6 be about. However, if the penguin is one of the gimmicklanders, and considering how the weapons are somehow highlightd in the new arts I wouldn't be surprised if we get some sort of character customization which goes beyond hats and amulets.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#844 Posted: 08:55:52 23/05/2016
HDRoom is trustworthy smilie
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#845 Posted: 09:16:19 23/05/2016
Original image on calendar page is gone, Activision has hidden it. Even the new Golden Queen image.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#846 Posted: 09:46:42 23/05/2016
lol, posted by skymiibo on Instagram.

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
#847 Posted: 09:52:36 23/05/2016
Whoo! More vague posts from theHDRoom Well at least this confirmed the suspicion that no one had about the game being announced after E3! Or during for that matter. That wording is so ambiguous... Probably due to the NDAs. I'd like to think that Sky 6 gets announced this week, but I'm sure that we'll see another early June announcement...

Quote: Aura24
Zapnorris (skymiibo) is looking up as much info as possible it seems.

I'd be doing the same thing, if I didn't have to get ready for school right now! smilie Good on him, though. Dude's clearly dedicated.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:05:43 23/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#848 Posted: 10:02:45 23/05/2016
Zapnorris (skymiibo) is looking up as much info as possible it seems.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#849 Posted: 10:13:36 23/05/2016
Quote: Aura24
Original image on calendar page is gone, Activision has hidden it. Even the new Golden Queen image.

Shame they've only looked at that specific Amazon site...there are others smilie
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
First | Previous | Page 17 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me