darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 16 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#751 Posted: 18:03:57 22/05/2016
Exactly what I'm saying (I don't think I specified that). Those four came after the Frito Lay's reveal, and most people knew that they were all gimmick characters, due to their crystal weapons. We're gonna have to wait until more characters are revealed before we can start analyzing details.

Exactly. It could be his game face, but it's difficult to tell.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#752 Posted: 18:16:07 22/05/2016
The interesting thing was, about the leaked Trap Masters, many people though that their weapons would be interchangeable, including myself. As was said before, we see what we want to see.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#753 Posted: 18:38:51 22/05/2016
Would be really stupid if they made villian figures, we already bought traps for that.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#754 Posted: 18:42:39 22/05/2016
I still think it would be very stupid and a big ripoff if they made Golden Queen as a figure since we already had to pay for these traps.

Also, remember how Pop Fizz used to have different art too? his beast form.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:31 22/05/2016 by Kevin16
#755 Posted: 18:43:35 22/05/2016
Quote: Kevin16
Would be really stupid if they made villian figures, we already bought traps for that.

Amen brother. smilie My inner southerner coming out right there.

But for real, I would be pretty mad if they made them into Skylanders.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#756 Posted: 18:44:44 22/05/2016
Not if they only make it for fan favorites. Wouldn't mind it myself, GD and all(though give me Bad Juju and the wallet's all going to 6kylanders this year), but we'll have to see what's the benefit first.
Maybe since the Villain Vault definately didn't hold them for long, they used Kaos' punishment from SSA, and this time it worked since none of them are Portal Masters(at least until the plot requires the rogues gallery again)? That'd be a nice way of keeping them as villains but working against their will since you're the one giving the orders now, not just the Traptanium's power.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:44:58 22/05/2016 by Bifrost
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#757 Posted: 18:45:54 22/05/2016
I would't mind if they did like 1 for each element as a bonus kind of thing like the Elites, but if that's the whole gimmick then I'm going to be highly annoyed....
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#758 Posted: 18:48:48 22/05/2016
Quote: Kevin16

Yeah, but the Traps aren't very cool looking and the Villains had only two-three attacks per character. If they fully fledge out some of the Villain's attacks, then I would justify the purchase. Plus, they could always do something where if you put in a Trap, then you could unlock the character's full upgrade tree or something like that! Traps shouldn't be the be all end all in terms of compatibility. It was a cool gimmick that people spent WAY too much money collecting.

I wouldn't mind 1 per element. I've been craving for some Villain toys for a LOOOOONG while.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:46 22/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
#759 Posted: 18:52:50 22/05/2016
Yeah, like a full upgrade chain. Or better yet, give them the SuperCharger reposed Skylanders treatment! Revamp their entire attacks! Maybe throw in some new playable enemies and Villains!

Ya, it's a stretch...

And don't worry about that being the gimmick. TfB is better than that, mates.
---
#760 Posted: 18:55:43 22/05/2016
TFB is but Acti ain't.

I don't think there's a need for revamped attacks yet though. They all have very simple ones even with the gross damage stats, they need upgrades more than new stuff. Just nerfing where nerfing is required and they can work exactly like a Skylander except a little taller.
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#761 Posted: 19:15:38 22/05/2016
Quote: TTD
Quote: ninja9351
Is there any confirmation that Golden Queen will be a figure?

Not at the moment, just pure speculation over the alternative artwork in the calendar (hence the italics).

That calendar just seems... fake to me. Pictures of Lightcore Wham-Shell and Lightcore Prism Break, plus the Golden Queen and Pop-Fizz and Trigger Happy alt colors? Except for that water eagle, it's all just previous artwork.
#762 Posted: 19:17:18 22/05/2016
Licensed calendar, so it's legit,just very lazily put together. Probably why there was a leak in the first place,the guy probably went 'oh a penguin let's use that for winter months'.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#763 Posted: 19:18:14 22/05/2016
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: TTD
Is there any confirmation that Golden Queen will be a figure?

Not at the moment, just pure speculation over the alternative artwork in the calendar (hence the italics).

That calendar just seems... fake to me. Pictures of Lightcore Wham-Shell and Lightcore Prism Break, plus the Golden Queen and Pop-Fizz and Trigger Happy alt colors? Except for that water eagle, it's all just previous artwork.

Dude... It's a real calendar. Here is the link!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#764 Posted: 19:19:05 22/05/2016
Golden Queen's artwork is new as well.

I think it's indeed official but may not be the final version.

I wouldn't be surprised if Activision decided to put the new penguin character in it and then simply rush the rest, just to tease us.

Better late than never, eh, Acti?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#765 Posted: 19:26:51 22/05/2016
I don't think they should work exactly like Skylanders....maybe give them their own special gimmick.

Yeah, I knew it was a stretch. They do need upgrades.

It'd be funny if TfB actually did that though.
---
QuakeMarine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#766 Posted: 19:28:58 22/05/2016
I'm calling it now: The penguin is (most likely) going to be in the next game's starter pack.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#767 Posted: 19:44:58 22/05/2016
Assuming there ARE going to be villain figures,
Maybe the villains could get like a boost to their stats if a trap corresponding with their element is in the portal?
Or maybe traps will have the exact same function as they did in Trap Team?
Double Golden Queen action, anyone?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#768 Posted: 19:50:44 22/05/2016
What if they added more villains so there was an even amount for each element, and one per Trap?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#769 Posted: 19:51:47 22/05/2016
Looking at Spyro up close. I noticed something.

He looks CG.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#770 Posted: 19:56:06 22/05/2016
So in the 'Everything we know' thread TheToyNerd posted this link.

And, I saw this:

Quote:
$14.99 | Pre-Order
Ships after 06/21/2016

That's 21st June, right? That means I'm pretty sure the new game HAS to be revealed before then.

I know we already knew the reveal was coming soon, but I just thought I should point this out.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#771 Posted: 19:57:41 22/05/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

He looks CG.

So does Prism Break.
#772 Posted: 20:00:55 22/05/2016
I'm really hoping they'll invest more in traps and create new villains to capture and play as.

That being said, they could find a way to free certain villains from traps and turn them into proper figures/Skylanders.

For example they could make certain villains willingly ask to join the heroes, or they could accidentally send them to Earth.
Kaos might play a part in this, since he's now on our side (kinda).
They could even keep traps working by coming up with an adequate explanation, like "the strongest villains left a magical trace inside their traps, allowing Portal Masters to summon a limited clone when using them".

Just don't ditch traps again, pleeeease!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:04:30 22/05/2016 by Drek95
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#773 Posted: 20:03:42 22/05/2016
I don't really see why Villain figures, since, for me, the Traps look a lot more creative and smart than simply turn the Villains into figures. But that's me. I know you want more complexity while playing as the Villains, but I don't see much problem as how it is. About the design of the Traps, I think that their design is very good, and they give a good twist in the typical figure style of the series.

Again, it's just my opinion, but I think that a Villain gimmick would be just like Trap Team, just less creative/smart.
---
Bruh
#774 Posted: 20:06:35 22/05/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan

He looks CG.

So does Prism Break.

What exactly does CG mean?
---
#775 Posted: 20:08:58 22/05/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan

He looks CG.

So does Prism Break.

What exactly does CG mean?

Computer Graphics. I think I'm probably wrong.

Also, does anyone notice that Golden Queen's and the penguin's artwork both look like they're popping out compared to past artworks? Both artworks HAD to be made for this game.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:12:56 22/05/2016 by SodaPopHD
#776 Posted: 20:11:18 22/05/2016
Quote: Crash10
I don't really see why Villain figures, since, for me, the Traps look a lot more creative and smart than simply turn the Villains into figures. But that's me. I know you want more complexity while playing as the Villains, but I don't see much problem as how it is. About the design of the Traps, I think that their design is very good, and they give a good twist in the typical figure style of the series.

Again, it's just my opinion, but I think that a Villain gimmick would be just like Trap Team, just less creative/smart.

Completely agree.
I wouldn't see the reason to create full fledged villains figures when traps works well and differently enough.

Villains are more than just evil Skylanders, and traps help reinforce that idea.

Regarding the calendar's release date... Don't know, since it only reveals the look of a new character and a new artwork of an already known villain.
But it's indeed a nice catch and our first hint at a possible announce date.

Regarding Spyro... Wow, he does look CG.
Our first look at his Academy model, maybe...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:22 22/05/2016 by Drek95
#777 Posted: 20:14:33 22/05/2016
You might be right. They wouldn't use this for a S4, and a second Elite would be incredibly stupid.

That would mean Prism Break is our Earth rep there though.... Interesting choice, Rogers.
---
#778 Posted: 20:15:56 22/05/2016
Wow, there are some variants, comparing the artwork between the calendar's artwork of Spyro and Prism Break and their respective artwork from the past game.

Notice that the Spyro on the calendar is missing his red wing outline, which his Series 2 artwork DID have. That was edited.
---
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#779 Posted: 20:16:15 22/05/2016
Why does Gill Grunt have a scarf?
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/file...841205.back.jpg
#780 Posted: 20:17:52 22/05/2016
Unfortunately I don't remember which Skylanders were confirmed to appear in the series.
I do remember Gill Grunt was deconfirmed, as of now... Maybe to introduce our penguin friend?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#781 Posted: 20:17:56 22/05/2016
Quote: Drek95

Completely agree.
I wouldn't see the reason to create full fledged villains figures when traps works well and differently enough.

Villains are more than just evil Skylanders, and traps help reinforce that idea.

That's what I said. If Villains where only figures, it would not be different or special enough to make it a gimmick. The Traps bought something special for the Villains aside from just making them playable, turning they into a better gimmick.

About the artwork, wow Spyro. What a update. Maybe it has some relation with Academy.
---
Bruh
#782 Posted: 20:18:25 22/05/2016
Quote: 4inCreation

That's one of the Swap Force artworks,it was used as a fake leak in the past. Scrapped variant, maybe?

I think someone's been digging through artwork they shouldn't to make these calendars. Just a hunch.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:20:18 22/05/2016 by Bifrost
#783 Posted: 20:18:57 22/05/2016

That looks like a holiday variant! Notice the pattern of his scarf and harpoon gun, and the snowflake background.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I sort of doubt it...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:20:13 22/05/2016 by SodaPopHD
#784 Posted: 20:21:27 22/05/2016

I guess they added that and the snow stream coming out of his hose simply to make it more Christmas-themed, since he apparently represents December.

Just a funny touch, nothing hinting at a S5 Frost Fury Gill Grunt, thankfully.

EDIT:
Double ninja'd.
Damn, I need to write faster. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:11 22/05/2016 by Drek95
#785 Posted: 20:26:01 22/05/2016

I guess they added that and the snow stream coming out of his hose simply to make it more Christmas-themed, since he apparently represents December.

Just a funny touch, nothing hinting at a S5 Frost Fury Gill Grunt, thankfully.

EDIT:
Double ninja'd.
Damn, I need to write faster. smilie

Yay! I ninja'd a person!

Actually, that idea seems more likely...but still, I hint a holiday variant...unless he already had one.
---
#786 Posted: 20:32:15 22/05/2016
Would they make a variant of a 3-year old S3 tho?
---
#787 Posted: 20:33:20 22/05/2016
You do have a point. But then again, the company is a little unpredictable (please don't shoot me).
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#788 Posted: 20:45:55 22/05/2016

Completely agree.

That's what I said. If Villains where only figures, it would not be different or special enough to make it a gimmick. The Traps bought something special for the Villains aside from just making them playable, turning they into a better gimmick.

Yeah I loved the concept for traps. I wish they'd handled some things differently, like maybe having only one unique and relevant design for each element (which is the theme I tried to go for with my own collection: http://i.imgur.com/TkcDXtb.jpg), plus Kaos should have probably just been the Magic doomraider, but I think they were fun, unique, and cool looking.

Villain figures would just be more Skylanders, whereas traps give us another gameplay option and add variety to the figure collecting aspect. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see a few classic villains get upgraded to Skylander status, but they should still have some new villains for us to trap.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#789 Posted: 20:51:20 22/05/2016
Quote: Muffin Man

Completely agree.

Yeah I loved the concept for traps. I wish they'd handled some things differently, like maybe having only one unique and relevant design for each element (which is the theme I tried to go for with my own collection: http://i.imgur.com/TkcDXtb.jpg), plus Kaos should have probably just been the Magic doomraider, but I think they were fun, unique, and cool looking.

Villain figures would just be more Skylanders, whereas traps give us another gameplay option and add variety to the figure collecting aspect. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see a few classic villains get upgraded to Skylander status, but they should still have some new villains for us to trap.

Maybe the thing of only one Trap per element would be better, but business decisions...

Also, I would like to have explanation of why these symbols/molds in the Traps, but that will start being off-topic, since we're talking more about Skylanders 6's use of Traps/possible gimmick. The lore needs to explain this to me sometime.
---
Bruh
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#790 Posted: 20:53:59 22/05/2016
Note that some companies will alter Skylander poses and add additional items on them to go well with the seasonal Calendar merchandise.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#791 Posted: 20:58:07 22/05/2016
Well it's finally here! Can't wait to see more information!

I'm just glad that they are still using Villains for stuff. I'm super excited to figure out what the game is all about.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:05:16 22/05/2016 by Luminous35
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#792 Posted: 21:04:48 22/05/2016
So someone may or may not have posted this yet (there are 16 pages please forgive me) but doesn't that water Skylander somewhat resemble...Jet-Vac?

EDIT: I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I DID NOT LOOK AT THAT PICTURE CLOSELY AT ALL

Penguin = Falcon thing confirmed
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:52 22/05/2016 by The Bone Chompy
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#793 Posted: 21:05:43 22/05/2016
Maybe the game will be released in November?
#794 Posted: 21:05:51 22/05/2016
Yeah. It does look pretty similar, yet it's in the water element, so it can't be a Jet-Vac.
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#795 Posted: 21:07:05 22/05/2016
And Jet Vac is on the poster anyways.
#796 Posted: 21:12:17 22/05/2016
Why would the game be released in November? It's always in October or September. I'd rather them stick to that tradition.
In all honesty, don't kill me for this but I kinda hope that they don't release as many characters this year. I always have so much trouble getting them.
---
#797 Posted: 21:15:49 22/05/2016
He sort of looks like Cluck, but Cluck isn't that color/is small as a turd nugget.
---
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#798 Posted: 21:42:33 22/05/2016
Quote: Luminous35
Why would the game be released in November? It's always in October or September. I'd rather them stick to that tradition.
In all honesty, don't kill me for this but I kinda hope that they don't release as many characters this year. I always have so much trouble getting them.

I'm the opposite, after only having 10 new characters in SC, I want a big roster. At least 30 (3 of each element).
---
Hahahahaha
#799 Posted: 22:02:23 22/05/2016
Then again, my opinion. I wouldn't mind like 15, or 20 new characters. I just wouldn't get them all. Only my favorites.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#800 Posted: 22:13:33 22/05/2016
Quote: GaiaMemories
Quote: Luminous35

I'm the opposite, after only having 10 new characters in SC, I want a big roster. At least 30 (3 of each element).

Three is such a weird number for a Skylander roster. I'd prefer two new characters for each element, preferably gimmick-landers. I thought I'd miss the core-landers, but now I don't see a reason to include them at all and there really isn't one.
First | Previous | Page 16 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me