darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Prefered difficulty level in each game
Page 1 of 1
Prefered difficulty level in each game
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#1 Posted: 16:36:08 13/03/2016 | Topic Creator
A small thing I thought about. I'm not asking if a game is too easy or too hard or should be - rather, which difficulty makes it more fun to you, be it replaying or just revisiting a level or challenge?

SSA: n/a, but I make a point to use Drobot in moderation or the gear path.
SG: Hard/ Heavy Hitter. Not the damage levels that cause cheap deaths in Nightmare, but enough to always stay on my toes
SSF: don't have it, but would choose Medium for less damage sponges.
STT: Medium. Enemies aren't as all-seeing, boss battles are just the right amount of challenge without dragging.
SSC: Nightmare. Just started it, but with so little actual battling, having those sections a bit longer leaves a more lasting impression. Might change when I get to Moneybone though.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 16:57:03 13/03/2016
SSA: N/A
SG: I always played on Medium when I played, and it was pretty hard to me then. However, It's been a couple years, and I've gotten much better since then.
SSF: I think I played on Hard for a while, but the enemies were such damage sponges, I just set it to medium.
STT: I think I kept alternating between Hard and Medium, but on hard, the enemies were such damage sponges.
SSC: Just started Nightmare, and it's still not to hard.
---
Dead
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#3 Posted: 18:17:29 13/03/2016
Nightmare exclusively. Anything less than the highest is a waste of time for a completionist.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
#4 Posted: 18:19:59 13/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: AzarianGO
Nightmare exclusively. Anything less than the highest is a waste of time for a completionist.

And collector. It's just not fun to burn through my 20ish skylanders on Nightmare because I know nearly no one's getting training, but if you have tons it's not like anyone *doesn't* need training.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#5 Posted: 18:32:51 13/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: AzarianGO

And collector. It's just not fun to burn through my 20ish skylanders on Nightmare because I know nearly no one's getting training, but if you have tons it's not like anyone *doesn't* need training.

VV made SC much easier than SF in terms of sheer difficulty. The only time I had difficulty was at the very end. Three whacks by the obstacles the Darkness threw at you made it infuriating...but generally fun to play otherwise. In SC especially in the arenas the lower difficulties were much harder. I agree that difficulty based on higher required hit points does not make it "more fun".

I've been lobbying for changing it up on difficulty levels...random enemies, different configurations etc would make it FEEL LIKE A NEW GAME. And replayability would be much better. Which means I as their customer would be happier.

I'm sure that just hit their trash can.
#6 Posted: 18:39:53 13/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
I'm not asking if a game is too easy or too hard or should be - rather, which difficulty makes it more fun to you, be it replaying or just revisiting a level or challenge?

Pls.

I'm talking more about what makes fun. 20 guys makes me want to have lower damage but still smarter enemies. Full collections allow you to go all out because you'll never game over.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#7 Posted: 18:58:39 13/03/2016
I enjoy it most when playing on nightmare mode. It forces me to understand the weaknesses and strong points of my skylanders and use them to my benefit. Is the best way to get to know your collection. I don't like the feeling of having skylanders who I only "half" know. Each time I place one on the portal I know which is his/her best strategy (depending as well on the kind of challenge you are facing).

One day, probably, there's gonna be online pvp, and is gonna super competitive (as the online gaming usually is) and that day, I'll be glad to have trained through nightmare mode with my collection.

Obviously people owning huge collections probably won't have the time to fully get familiarized with each of them, but as I only own slightly above 50, that's not a problem for me.

I guess my personal taste for difficulty in games (great fan of dark souls as well) also influences this opinion of mine, but I also believe that when your character and you ( the player) get through tough times in a game, a more intimate and stronger link is built between both, and the inmersion is greater.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 20:22:33 13/03/2016
Normal for the first playtrough then Hard.

The only time I tried Nightmare was with SWAP Force since I didn't had to create a new save and I have to say I agree with angelg: I felt a really strong link with all the Skylanders I was playing as while trying to complete all the various Quests.
But I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea: I was really hoping for different/differently placed enemies, maybe with new moves (like TakeYourLemons suggested) but all I got were the same old enemies with higher damage output and crazy high defense.
It stops being funny when a Chompy can kill you in two bites especially since Chompies are rarelly alone.

I understand this almost unfair difficulty level in certain series and I even appreciate it but Skylanders is not one of them.

That being said I sincerely hope TfB will fix their difficulty levels to be more like V.V.'s; what's the point in facing harder challenges if the reward is worse...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#9 Posted: 20:25:11 13/03/2016 | Topic Creator
The only game that changed enemies throught difficulty levels was Giants, and even then it was mostly regular for armored which wasn't too bad *then* when armor was just a set amount of hits meaning you had to favor DPS no matter the damage. Oh yeah, and adding more Trogmanders because everyone likes fighting two Trog Pinchers at once.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#10 Posted: 20:32:24 13/03/2016
Always Normal for Skylanders. Until the completionist kicks in and I have to do a Nightmare run.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#11 Posted: 20:36:53 13/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
The only game that changed enemies throught difficulty levels was Giants, and even then it was mostly regular for armored which wasn't too bad *then* when armor was just a set amount of hits meaning you had to favor DPS no matter the damage. Oh yeah, and adding more Trogmanders because everyone likes fighting two Trog Pinchers at once.

Mmmh... This makes me want to play Giants again.

I wanted to do it eventually but since I passed the last two weeks replaying Rayman Revolution and I'm currently dealing with Hoodlum Havoc, I think it might be time for some "retro" Skylanders action.

I just hope Robo Kaos won't be too frustrating...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 01:51:07 14/03/2016
SG: Hard
SSF: Hard Nightmare
STT: Hard or Nightmare

I basically never play on any difficulty lower than Hard mode anymore, it's just too easy and too fast on anything lower than Hard. I especially love Swap Force on Nightmare.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#13 Posted: 03:03:39 14/03/2016
Nightmare all the way.
---
#all Spyros are valid
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#14 Posted: 06:52:53 14/03/2016
Nightmare only, with one hand, playing with a mirror, only with downgraded skylanders or mini. smilie

Seriously, nightmare or hard if tired, if there's no challenge, it's quite boring.
Same if we play at 2, can be very difficult sometimes.
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#15 Posted: 11:12:46 14/03/2016
I used to always go easy on the first go, but I decided to go medium with SC. Needless to say, It was actually a lot more fun! ^u^
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#16 Posted: 16:12:09 14/03/2016
Easy is fun enough for me. I'll only go higher if needed to unlock an item or get an achievement/trophy.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#17 Posted: 18:24:27 14/03/2016
SSA: N/A, but also trying to use almost every skylander, and limiting Stealth Elf and Drobot.
SG: Nightmare
SSF: Nightmare
STT: Nightmare
SSC: This one constantly changes depending on the situation. Mostly nightmare, but occasional switching because let's face it, in ridepocolypse and against the darkness guardians, I would rather not die every time I place another skylander on the portal...cheap deaths are the worst.
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#18 Posted: 23:40:41 14/03/2016
I have beaten every game on Nightmare (not counting the first). Now I play on easy as I usually just want to relax and not have to get up when I play. Except for swap force because of the score mode I play on hard.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#19 Posted: 11:26:56 15/03/2016
SSA: NA
SG: Medium
SSF: Hard
STT: Medium
SSC: Hard
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#20 Posted: 23:26:23 15/03/2016
I prefer medium on all of the games. This enables me to enjoy playing each Skylander without having to become a master at them. Medium provides enough challenge but doesn't force me to learn every little detail about the Skylander. I also learned the hard way that some Skylanders just can't function on Nightmare due to how they work. I have nothing against Nightmare and have beaten each game on that difficulty, but it's not my preferred as I'm forced to only use the absolute strongest Skylanders I have just to get through it.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#21 Posted: 19:52:37 16/03/2016
I play medium first than go up. I am just a pretty chill hack n slash gamer.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#22 Posted: 20:13:16 16/03/2016
I consider Spyro's Adventure's difficulty a little... Too easy. At least if you have many characters and all of then are at Level 10, with all upgrades, and completed more than 20 Heroic Challenges. So... What difficulty I choose for the other games?
---
Bruh
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#23 Posted: 21:22:51 16/03/2016
I always start with easy. I don't ever really plan to complete it on any other difficulty, but I usually end up trying. I always play it just for fun, first.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#24 Posted: 22:01:58 16/03/2016
Nigthmare no trained skylanders.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me