Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > kung fu panda 3 and Hotel transylvania 2
Page 1 of 1
kung fu panda 3 and Hotel transylvania 2 [CLOSED]
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11327
#1 Posted: 07:38:50 11/03/2016 | Topic Creator
new movie is coming soon
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#2 Posted: 11:42:41 11/03/2016
Both of them are already out. HT2 is on DVD and KFP3 is in theatrrs
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#3 Posted: 12:50:40 11/03/2016
KFP3 rocked.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 13:04:50 11/03/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
KFP3 rocked.

Did it live up to the other two? After HTTYD2, got kinda wary of Dreamworks sequels adding more of the protag's family.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#5 Posted: 16:21:32 11/03/2016
HTTYD2 was great.

I think that Kung-fu Panda 3 was very pretty art wise, and very cute but it was not as good as the second one which I found far more engaging.

Hotel Transylvannia 2 was also adorable and I actually laughed out loud for a few scenes but I am not a huge fan of "ending dance sequences" alot of movies are donig. But overall both are worth the watch.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#6 Posted: 16:29:14 11/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
KFP3 rocked.

Did it live up to the other two? After HTTYD2, got kinda wary of Dreamworks sequels adding more of the protag's family.

Yes it did.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#7 Posted: 16:51:14 11/03/2016
Niice. I'd rather not go into it as to cause arguing but I don't want to touch HTTYD2 with a ten foot pole, so when another movies comes in with the ~protag's secret missing family~ it was a bit worrying. Though it'd pretty obvious they wouldn't get as engaging as the second movie because it got pretty dark pretty fast.
---
#8 Posted: 22:43:52 11/03/2016
If I get into it, it'd be a long post, and I long lost the Unpopular Opnions one I first did. In short - the moral is disgusting by teaching kids diplomacy is for sissies(there's no 'oh but kids gotta learn that eventually', it pretty much says no it'll never work in the *real* world) and the plot pretty much drags itself into place by coincidences and deus ex machina. There are a LOT more issues I have with it but again don't want to start a fight.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:26 11/03/2016 by Bifrost
#9 Posted: 23:51:09 11/03/2016
You don't teach that to kids though. You don't do that without showing ONE instance where diplomacy helped(previous movie doesn't count it's been a while). Everyone tells Hiccup he can't reason, he says he'll find a way, whoops,he doesn't. To kids that simply means that yes they can solve every problem with violence because diplomacy leads to failure.

It's also on top of 'if you're stronger(or have a super saiyan form like cat dragon there) you have the right to lead', meaning that you're pretty much telling kids they have to violence their way to the top. It's disgusting and what you see in a crazy cynical story,not in a fantasy dragon movie.

Visuals are pretty(and dragons are cute but what'd you expect) and battles are well coreographed, but it's so little when I looked around me on the theater seeing people that are like 8 eating it up.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:53:23 11/03/2016 by Bifrost
#10 Posted: 00:11:04 12/03/2016
I think as hard as I want about whatever I want, I think. It's not a silly reason for me, because I might not be one of those people that are like "omg shield children from violence!", but I DEFINATELY have a special spot of hate for whatever that encourages harassment for them.

See what I mean about arguing?
---
#11 Posted: 00:33:17 12/03/2016
Yeah, good job assuming everything about my tastes over a single movie, "lol". I still like several darker and more cynical works because they're meant to be avoided by children,but I guess in HTTYD2's case because you like it my opinion is unreasonable. I'll just let gary's topic be before it derails entirely.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#12 Posted: 01:10:43 12/03/2016
I'll just say, HTTYD 2 is phenomenal and is superior to HTTYD and this is coming from someone who adores the first one to an enormous degree.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#13 Posted: 07:38:00 14/03/2016 | Topic Creator
who can't wait to see Dennis become half vampire in HT 2?
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
#14 Posted: 11:09:08 18/03/2016
Anyone find it odd that the three villains of the KFP series are a snow leopard, a peacock and a yak, but out of all of them, the most dark is the PEACOCK?

I like all three of them, BTW.
---
smiliesmilie
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#15 Posted: 19:30:17 18/03/2016
Hotel Transylvania 2 had an okay story, borderline mary-sue characters and really cringe-worthy moments.

If you like the film thats fine, it's just not for me.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#16 Posted: 01:13:38 19/03/2016
Hotel Transylvania 2 was okay...
I totally knew that kid was going to end up a vampire. Would have been funnier if Drac's plans was all for not...

I loved Kung Fu Panda 3. I honestly can't decide which Kung Fu Panda is my favorite.
Pandas have been one of my favorite animals for a long time so maybe that's why..?

I kinda agree with Bifrost on the How To Train Your Dragon 2 thing. It didn't live to my expectations at all.
And how the actual heck... I do not understand how Toothless was able to scare that huge dragon. That probably would not have happened in reality.
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#17 Posted: 01:53:52 19/03/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: DragonDog
I kinda agree with Bifrost on the How To Train Your Dragon 2 thing. It didn't live to my expectations at all.
And how the actual heck... I do not understand how Toothless was able to scare that huge dragon. That probably would not have happened in reality.

If you're gonna ask that question, you should also ask the same about Drago. Being bigger doesn't mean you can't be afraid of something smaller.

- - -

I'm just going to stop trying to explain stuff cause I feel some people won't understand. Besides. I don't know all the reasons why I didn't like that film...
Maybe because Hiccup's dad and mom weren't reunited for very long before they lost each other again..?

I just.

I hated that and I just thought it was really... Blaaaaaaaaa....
Anyway.
Good bye.~

- - -
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#18 Posted: 04:23:14 19/03/2016
I'm just going to stop trying to explain stuff cause I feel some people won't understand. Besides. I don't know all the reasons why I didn't like that film...
Maybe because Hiccup's dad and mom weren't reunited for very long before they lost each other again..?

I just.

I hated that and I just thought it was really... Blaaaaaaaaa....
Anyway.
Good bye.~

- - -

You also gotta keep in mind that Drago's Bewilderbeast was scared of Drago because he tortured it since it was a baby, which makes sense.

It also makes sense in Tootless' case, as he - along with the rest of the dragons - shot fire relentlessly at the Bewilderbeast until Tootless BLEW OFF HIS TUSK.

Of course he's gonna be afraid after that - especially because of having known only fear all his life - so it's not a legitimate complaint whatsoever.

I do, however, somewhat agree about Stoick dying.

Granted I don't hate it - since they handled it pretty well, imo - but it did feel really early because of the fact that he JUST reunited with his wife not ten minutes prior.

I think, had there been more time between their reunion and his death, it wouldn't have seemed as bad on the surface. But that's just me.

- - -

Tootless

this is a small dumb nitpick why cant i stop laughing
#19 Posted: 04:48:27 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Hotel Transylvania 2 was okay...
I totally knew that kid was going to end up a vampire. Would have been funnier if Drac's plans was all for not...

I loved Kung Fu Panda 3. I honestly can't decide which Kung Fu Panda is my favorite.
Pandas have been one of my favorite animals for a long time so maybe that's why..?

that is right and kid Dennis become Vampire
---
#20 Posted: 04:51:27 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
smilie I almost laugh and see Dac's qoute"I don't say bleh bleh bleh" smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:52:43 24/03/2016 by gary
#21 Posted: 21:42:41 11/04/2016
I noticed Kung Fu Panda 3 has a bit in common with Zootopia
  • Both are the first two really good animated movies of the year (big-name)
  • Both feature anthropomorphic animals and no humans
  • Both feature a big eater (Po and Officer Clawhauser)
  • Both have J.K. Simmons as a voice actor (Kai and Mayor Lionheart)
  • Both villains are Artiodactyls (even toed animals; Kai and Assistant Mayor Bellwether)

Also, since someone closed the topic when I tried to post an opinion, I actually like Rio 2 as well as it's predecessor. Both movies are really good "entertainment" movies; the visuals are eye-popping, the characters (at least the animals) are cool, and the villain (Nigel) is one of my favorite animated villains.

Those two, the Ice Age movies, and Epic are my FAVORITE Blue Sky Studios films.

Sorry for off topic. Like I said, there was a forum about Rio 2, but it got closed WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO POST MY OPINION!
---
smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:22 12/04/2016 by SkylandrPurists
#22 Posted: 06:46:33 03/05/2016 | Topic Creator
@ SkylandrPurists: I already missed watch Rio 2
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me