darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Wheel spin thing- what could happen next to screw up skylands?
Page 1 of 1
Wheel spin thing- what could happen next to screw up skylands?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 01:27:43 10/03/2016 | Topic Creator
http://wheeldecide.com/index.p...nders%3F&time=5

Have fun.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 01:29:52 10/03/2016
This is probably too much of a funpost so it might have a better place in S&N.

I rolled Acitvision Partners with SeaWorld twice. Whoo boy.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 01:31:58 10/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost

>NEW THUMPBACK VARIANT
>hack leaks "Orca Power Thumpback"
>5 months later, activision reveals seaworld partnership
>all hell breaks loose
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#4 Posted: 02:24:43 10/03/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

>NEW THUMPBACK VARIANT
>all hell breaks loose

Seaworld actually isn't all bad on the inside IMO; my dad has some old work friends still there and I've been able to see the entire process of how they cycle out and rehabilitate animals. Then again, that would start a pretty big flamewar with the Orca Power thing seeing how there are so many activists. I could see an Orca Power Flip Wreck or something happening but I'm not sure whether I'd be excited or not...

On another note I imagine they'll eventually get so lazy they'll just sell unpainted figures as "Thunder Gray" variants and cover it up with a hasty PETA partnership because... Activision.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:08 10/03/2016 by TrapShadowFan
wavesorcerer14 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4893
#5 Posted: 03:22:52 10/03/2016
Spyro remains dead... smilie
---
"altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi."
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#6 Posted: 03:29:46 10/03/2016
That "Thunder Gray" just made me think of something... a solid color figure that lights up details when put on the portal. I know, it sounds just like lightcore, but this would be more like Tron. It would look like a prototype or chase variant until it lights up and shows the details. Probably too costly to make, but it would be awesome!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 03:30:36 10/03/2016
I got "more guest stars." I thought that is what fans wanted, like Crash Bandicoot just has to be in this one or people will riot. And people want just about every Mario and Zelda hero because Nintendo won't let them have it. LOL
---
Stay Cool!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 08:59:45 10/03/2016
Quote: fairyland
I got "more guest stars." I thought that is what fans wanted, like Crash Bandicoot just has to be in this one or people will riot. And people want just about every Mario and Zelda hero because Nintendo won't let them have it. LOL

I can guarantee you not everyone want them.

Anyway I had some luck.
I "only" rolled the return of store exclusives, another poor sales year, nicknames stay dead, another Wii port and a late announcement.

Nothing like a tons of reposes, console exclusive figures or invasive gimmicks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#9 Posted: 11:16:28 10/03/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

>NEW THUMPBACK VARIANT
>all hell breaks loose

We will also get Wicked Thumpback as well.
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#10 Posted: 11:34:42 10/03/2016
I got more Gill Grunt.

If that really does happen in Skylanders 6, then I'd assume Activision lost it's marbles.
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#11 Posted: 17:19:44 10/03/2016
Vehicles Mandatory again...
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#12 Posted: 19:12:13 10/03/2016
What I got no Buzz Wing! That would be just uncool..... LOL
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#13 Posted: 19:24:27 10/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I spun and got "Crash Bandicoot Flamewar"

whoooo boy...
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#14 Posted: 20:12:08 10/03/2016
I got Another Wii Port. Not bad.
---
Bruh
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#15 Posted: 20:47:04 10/03/2016
More Guest Stars for the next Skylanders isn't that bad.

But I can agree with other things
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#16 Posted: 21:38:20 10/03/2016
PVP remains dead... probably the worst thing on the wheel and one of the true ones too smilie
ninjastarr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#17 Posted: 22:27:16 10/03/2016
Activision partners with PETA
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
---
smilie Lower the BOOM on you! smilie
deviantART and Tumblr username: ninjastarrdaxeno
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#18 Posted: 02:59:50 12/03/2016
I also got More Guest Stars

I actually welcome Guest Stars, put Shantae in the game and she'd be my main skylander.
The only guest stars I have a problem with is Exclusive Guest Stars. But had they put Princess Peach as a Guest Star that still would have been happy as anything.

I prefer "human" characters rather then characters based on animals.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:00:28 12/03/2016 by Street50
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#19 Posted: 03:49:20 12/03/2016
If no Buzz Wing and regular Thrillipede is an option, I can see that one being true. Coming up on April and no word on its release, nor any information about Sky 6. After them not releasing traps, I fully expect this brand to shun us customers on other releases.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#20 Posted: 04:33:33 12/03/2016
Quote: Street50

I actually welcome Guest Stars, put Shantae in the game and she'd be my main skylander.
The only guest stars I have a problem with is Exclusive Guest Stars. But had they put Princess Peach as a Guest Star that still would have been happy as anything.

first we need shovel knight then we talk half genie hero
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#21 Posted: 11:32:43 12/03/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
If no Buzz Wing and regular Thrillipede is an option, I can see that one being true. Coming up on April and no word on its release, nor any information about Sky 6. After them not releasing traps, I fully expect this brand to shun us customers on other releases.

Yeeaaah we mass produced this overpriced toy and an entirely new character, let's just make even more losses on this game because we want to be rude to our fans for some reason!
This is much bigger than a trap, which is why it's side to side with Partnership with SeaWorld. Supposed to be comical. If it happens dear lord it'd be a flamewar, but it's very very very unlikely.
---
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#22 Posted: 11:41:38 12/03/2016
No Buzzwing and more Gill Grunt. Well then...
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:42:28 12/03/2016 by Spyro Lover122
#23 Posted: 12:35:52 12/03/2016

Yeeaaah we mass produced this overpriced toy and an entirely new character, let's just make even more losses on this game because we want to be rude to our fans for some reason!
This is much bigger than a trap, which is why it's side to side with Partnership with SeaWorld. Supposed to be comical. If it happens dear lord it'd be a flamewar, but it's very very very unlikely.

Yeah I'm sorry people seem to not understand the difference between "aesthetic" and "gameplay" difference.

One could argue they already released him as an easter version but they did the same with Astroblast and his regular version has now been released in two forms, not to mention Buzz Wing would still remain and it technically has a new playstyle as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#24 Posted: 16:26:18 12/03/2016
Quote: Drek95

Yeah I'm sorry people seem to not understand the difference between "aesthetic" and "gameplay" difference.

One could argue they already released him as an easter version but they did the same with Astroblast and his regular version has now been released in two forms, not to mention Buzz Wing would still remain and it technically has a new playstyle as well.

At the end of the day, if the stores don't order...it won't come. Unless there's an arrangement (Like TRU usually does) it may very well be an option. It's less Acitivison's control and more stores. If they've literally sold half the starters they were hoping for, that means there's a lot of backstock of these figures.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:52 12/03/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#25 Posted: 23:55:27 12/03/2016
Quote: Sleepy0429
Quote: Street50

first we need shovel knight then we talk half genie hero

Shovel Knight already has a TTL figure, Shantae doesn't.
But yeah like my previous statement I have nothing against "Guest" characters as long as like other skylanders they are supported in all future games and NO console exclusives.
I don't understand what people have against the guest characters. But that's just me.
a cat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1641
#26 Posted: 00:57:47 13/03/2016
No yawn trap preorder
---
GRAND TOTAL SKYLANDERS: 540
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#27 Posted: 10:55:26 13/03/2016
Spory remains dead!!! seriously where is Spyro??

By the way, 2016 could be a wonderful year for activivi,
no disney 4.0, no lego dimension, amiibo comes in cards now.

there would not have many opportunities for buying figs.
Hope they're smart enough to make the best game of the franchise.
It's the perfect time.
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#28 Posted: 13:54:25 13/03/2016
Quote: FaboulousFab

It's the perfect time.

ahahahha
figures are still being made for amiibo
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#29 Posted: 14:10:10 13/03/2016

It's the perfect time.

With TfB at the helm I'm sure they will provide us the Skylanders experience we all want.
Will it be the best?

I think so but even if it wasn't I doubt it will leave me disappointed.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#30 Posted: 18:35:14 13/03/2016
^ All depends what the suits change. And if they can fight whatever negative forces that would prevent it.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#31 Posted: 19:04:30 13/03/2016
One of the few threats which would have an important impact on next game would be a gimmick revolving around sports. Apart from that, there are other aspects which could take place but aren't a hope-killer by themselves.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#32 Posted: 19:17:58 13/03/2016
Quote: angelg
One of the few threats which would have an important impact on next game would be a gimmick revolving around sports. Apart from that, there are other aspects which could take place but aren't a hope-killer by themselves.

Gimmick around the Academy(character creation - don't try to gloss over this, in one year there would NOT be enough templates for variety let alone toys), SuperChargers 2, or something else that also uses separate acessories instead of figures over the figure gameplay.
---
#33 Posted: 19:28:17 13/03/2016

Gimmick around the Academy(character creation - don't try to gloss over this, in one year there would NOT be enough templates for variety let alone toys), SuperChargers 2, or something else that also uses separate acessories instead of figures over the figure gameplay.

Yeah, SSC 2 would definitely be...wrong, very wrong. I haven't even considered it, but seeing sky 6 was already in development when sc was released, we cannot fully discard it.

Now that I think about it, an "exclusive racing game", like the one for Wii would also be very dissapointing.
---
#34 Posted: 19:53:50 13/03/2016

Yeah, SSC 2 would definitely be...wrong, very wrong. I haven't even considered it, but seeing sky 6 was already in development when sc was released, we cannot fully discard it.

Now that I think about it, an "exclusive racing game", like the one for Wii would also be very dissapointing.

Guys, no.
I understand the concern for the future of this series after this year's game but no.

They have never developed a sequel for a specific game, not even with their shortest time at disposal (Giants) and I think it's safe to say they wouldn't start with such a controversial entry.

I agree with sport, accessories and character creation gimmicks, those are still possible and could either ruin the series or needlessly complicate it but vehicles, again...?
I don't have a single doubt they won't try it a second time.

Whether it did well or not SuperChargers is done.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:58:37 13/03/2016 by Drek95
#35 Posted: 19:58:03 13/03/2016
I'm not saying there's a possiblity, I'm saying there are *plenty* of ways to screw the game up. And while TFB pretty obviously isn't stupid, Acti might very well be with some higher up deciding he wants X gimmick so their kids will shut up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:58:20 13/03/2016 by Bifrost
#36 Posted: 20:03:54 13/03/2016
We all agree is Activision which takes the bad decisions most of the time (if not all the time) but I sincerely cannot believe they would be so brainless to repeat vehicles again.

They sold well, ok, but so did traps.
And what did they do instead of coming up with more trappable villain...?
Yep, nerfed them into simple elemental attacks for vehicles.

If anything I have to say I could see that happening again more likely.
But I always hope they'll learn the lesson at one point.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#37 Posted: 22:20:49 13/03/2016
I'm so used to bad things happening lately, that sometimes I cannot hide my pessimism. But the chances are so so small, that there is nothing to worry about, and as bifrost said, is just another hypothetical way to screw a game smilie

More probable issues like a questionalbe gimmick, revamps, no pvp, no good post game content are the ones which worry a bit more.

But there is also a good side: there are certain things that have always improved with each release (graphics for instance), so it's pretty encouraging to know that, for sure, certain aspects, will be even better next time.
---
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#38 Posted: 06:33:49 14/03/2016
Quote: Sleepy0429

It's the perfect time.

ahahahha
figures are still being made for amiibo

Glad you laugh so much but see the reality,
the next pokemon amiibos are on card format like animal crossing.

Nintendo is barely a ghost who only think about is NX,
Don't think physical amiibos would be supported for long.
there's no real game using them except smash bros. (and I don't mention ridiculous ingame bonus)

No i really think it's now or never for activision, not sure they put the money on table fot sky 7.
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#39 Posted: 11:21:46 19/03/2016
What's wrong with Gill Grunt?

It's more expensive figures that'll be the death of it I think. If it's too expensive it won't sell, simple as that. Canceling comics or the show would aggravate me too; given the cost and how hard it is to find past toys anyway, the comics are currently my best bet for staying in the loop. And I expect the cartoon will create a whole other branch of this fan base altogether. I just hope I can actually get it up in the middle of nowhere where I live.
#40 Posted: 13:20:20 19/03/2016
The problem with Gill Grunt is that he keeps finding a way inside the new games even by stealing the spotlight for another Water Skylander which would deserve it much more.

I like him as a character but I hate what they are doing to him.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me