Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 13 of 17 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Village Light
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#601 Posted: 23:07:06 23/01/2017
At the Druid community, Alissa was picking up her stuff to prepare to be on the move again. But after hearing the commotion outside had calmed down considerably, she decided to go outside her tent for some fresh air. Indeed the Druids were planning to move again, but since they didn't like to rush, they were taking things calmly.
"If only... if only there was a way..." Alissa whispered under her breath, in a voice so gentle and innocent one would think it was from a little girl. The past sixteen years for her has been a nightmare, and felt like a criminal running away constantly...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#602 Posted: 21:34:14 24/01/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tyrus and Drake: Nizla's mouth pulled into a small smile and she gave a nod. She looked up to what little of the sun passed through the tops of the trees as she walked. "We should arrive at the tree by sun down. It's the halfway point in the trail. We should set up camp there." She said.
Thorn listened intently to Drake before he speaks solemnly. "Drake, a Dragon's soul is a powerful thing. It cannot be bound by magic, nor can it be trapped by the will of man. While I am certain that your sword may be special to you in some regard, I cannot agree that it is the bastion of power you claim it to be. Such an enchantment is... well, something beyond rare to say the very least. However, that sword must be very important to you. Do keep it safe." He speaks seriously with all the wisdom on the matter he has to offer.

@Halvard: The dragon flew off to the north east, towards the vast and mysterious Caedalyn Forest. The Forest is a large center of fey magic and other mythical devices. The forest is traversable, however it is commonly believed that on must bring an offering to the Silathan Tree, which is located halfway on the trail leading through the forest, to be allowed to pass through the forest.

@Loramae: Lord Ingrant's estate is fairly typical for a lord's home. It is three stories tall with a well guarded main entrance on the south side of the manner and a back entrance to the north. Each floor has several tall and ornate windows which are covered by heavy red curtains. There is an entrance to the cellars somewhere around the back. While it is no king's palace it certainly has all of the bell and whistles that a person of lord Ingrant's station deserves.

@Alissa: A young girl from the druid community approaches Alissa once she exits her tent. Her name is Mythica. She is a frail looking 13 year old girl with glassy white eyes. She has shoulder length blond hair with feathers and glass beads braided in. She wears a dress made from animal hide. She is barefoot. On her shoulder sits a small barn owl which serves as her seeing eye companion. "Sister Alissa, we will be leaving soon. Will you be traveling with us again?" She asked in a quiet voice.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
#603 Posted: 21:43:15 24/01/2017
OOC: Wow, that was quite a lot to catch up on smilie

Tyrus managed to raise his spirit once more, believing that he could overcome anything. It was possible that traveling with Thorn and Nizla has done good to him. He looked at the now human Thorn and couldn't help returning to his amazement.
"Hey Nizla, do all dragons assume human form when necessary, or just him?" Tyrus whispered, not wanting to interrupt Thorn's conversation with Drake.

At the border, Alissa went through a long pause before answering the girl.
"Yes... yes I will. Just let me pack the rest of the flasks." Alissa said serenely and with a sigh, that life being the only thing she knew. The only times she drifted away from the Druid community was to visit her son in Hamlet, and she knew how risky that was. Se has been extremely lucky that nothing has happened in all those years through her visits, but she knew her luck couldn't last long. She felt the need to visit her son again, but decided against it. Still, she couldn't stop thinking about him. She always had him in her thoughts, but today, her feelings seemed to be even stronger...
---
#604 Posted: 21:57:00 24/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Nizla's smiled widened approvingly. "Most dragons can assume a human form. It's part of the reason why you hear of so few stories of people meeting dragons. That's also why there are a few half-dragons in Eariloth." She replied and a chuckle. "You can speak up. I promise you will not anger Thorn -- He rarely looses his temper."

Mythica smiles and claps her hands together. "I will inform Keeper Loristan that you will be traveling with us!" She says before running off through the grass towards the bulk of the rest of the druids. She disappears from sight as she ducks into the Keeper's tent.
---
#605 Posted: 22:05:17 24/01/2017
"Yeah... but I think it's still rude." Tyrus replied, a little louder this time. Even though Thorn has been so polite and hasn't gotten angry even once, Tyrus still want to show his respect.
"It's cool though, to think that there could be people out there that are secretly dragons. In the books I've read, there is little information about them. I've heard mostly about them from the gossips in Hamlet. Quite a horrible reputation they had given them. How they are such cruel, merciless creatures that kill you on sight. I was quite terrified of Thorn when I first met him, but of course, I should've known better than believing the exaggerations the people of Hamlet tell." Tyrus expressed, quite engaged into the conversation. It helped him lose track of time and forget he was in such a gloomy forest.

Alissa finished packing up, trying to take Tyrus off her mind. She loved him so dearly, and it tortured her how she had to avoid him so cruelly. Not even the Druid community could help her with her predicament, so all she could do was continue running...
---
ShadeTheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#606 Posted: 02:12:12 25/01/2017
The sword hummed with power seemingly in protest to Nizla's words "i think he disagrees with you. besides from what little I remember it wasn't just 1 man but several. I think my family and the dragons came together few times as well in the distant past. but that last part could be very wrong." the sword started to glow faintly seeming to be angry.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#607 Posted: 21:32:00 25/01/2017
After putting away her tent as well, Alissa was ready to go. She carefully grabbed the flask where her latest concoction rested, and now, it was time to be on the move again.
"Alright young Mythica, time to move on. And tell the elders I finished the cure they asked." Alissa explained, knowing how useful that mix was going to be. Most of the potions she make are either a cure or an elixir, since their nomadic lifestyle involved many injuries along the way, though at least the majority of them were very light.
---
#608 Posted: 22:41:09 25/01/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: @ShadeTheDragon: Yo, buddy. I am serious about the fact that you cannot have an enchanted sword. And a sword being imbued with a dragon's soul is just too overpowered to give to players at the current power level of the game. Please tone it done there, friend.
--
@Tyrus:
"No, it is wise to listen to some rumors." Nizla replied to Tyrus, cutting her eyes towards him rather than turning to face him. "There are many kinds of Dragons in this world, but there are a large number who do wish ill on folk they deem lesser than themselves. There are those that raze and pillage and burn all that which stands in their path." When she finishes speaking she is no longer smiling. Her face has returned to one of seriousness.
@Drake:
Thorn sighs and shakes his head, "The word man, when not paired with a determiner, such as 'the', denotes humanity as a whole." He scratches the back of his head as he continues walking. "At any rate I do implore you to keep that blade safe. It is what you have to your name."
@Alissa:
Mythica pauses for a second before nodding. "Right away, sister Alissa!" She turns and runs through the grass towards the other tents and traveling homes. She disappears as she ducks into the elder's tent.
---
#609 Posted: 23:05:05 25/01/2017
OOC: NightBlade did tell you that before ShadeTheDragon. Look at post #595. I think you missed it.

Tyrus noticed how Nizla returned to her rather cold way, and felt sorry he brought the subject up.
"Well, Thorn was very kind to me from the beginning, but I guess I shouldn't assume all dragons are like him. I got very lucky it was him and not some other dragon." Tyrus expressed, glad to have that warning for future references. He has grown to like Thorn, but was still very cautious around him, even if he currently was a human that was just about a head bigger than him.

Alissa was left alone, listening to the trees. Unlike her husband or her son, she loved nature, and every creature in it. She behaved more like a nymph than a Druid most of the time, but even in her serene appearance, it was still obvious that she was suffering deep inside.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:46 25/01/2017 by Felines
#610 Posted: 15:28:58 26/01/2017
ooc: lol well its not like the soul does anything except act as the accasional spiritual guide but I get your point.

Drake nods in understading "srry its just I don't know its name. but now that I think about it it is a he." Drake draws it and says "what is your name?"
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#611 Posted: 20:46:54 26/01/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tyrus and Drake:
"All things considered, you were extremely lucky." Nizla said as she shifted her gaze back to the trail through the dark forest. She stops abruptly, holding her arm out to stop Tyrus. "Do not be alarmed. We're just going to let them pass first..."
As she says this a inhumanly tall form steps out from the treeline. They are pale as the moon and slender. With a masses a black curls for hair and pure black eyes with no whites this figure turns their head to see the group. They have six unnaturally slender arms with bracelets that appear to be woven from different people's hair. As they step into the center of the pathway they halt as they wait for that which is following them.
From behind them a group of six children of varying ages and races. They are dressed in handmade clothing. Around the children's wrists are also bracelets of hair. They stop as the tall woman stops, turning curiously towards your group.
After a moment the figure opens its overly large mouth and speaks in a voice that sounds like the hearer's mother. If the hearer does not know what their mother sounds like, the voice sounds like what they imagine their mother would sound. "Travelers... Welcome to our home." They say. Nizla becomes visibly unconformable as the figure speaks but does not take hostile action. The figure turns it's head towards Tyrus staring at him intently.

@Alissa:
As Alissa is enjoying the surrounding nature a feeling of dread slowly sets in. It feels as if something is watching her. This feeling is hard to shake and clings to her. The forest is quiet, even for the Caedalyn Forest.
---
#612 Posted: 21:30:45 26/01/2017
Tyrus was getting extremely uneasy. Not even his first meeting with Thorn made him feel that way. No wonder Nizla has been so cautious ever since they entered the forest. Those people looked so creepy, they almost looked like some kind of otherworldly demons. Even though the tall figure didn't have any definite pupils, Tyrus could tell it was staring at him.
"Nizla... what is going on?" he asked with a shaky voice, starting to regret ever making that trip.

At the border, Alissa knew fully well this eerie presence. It use to scare her to no end, and although it still did, it also started to annoy her.
"Again? When will you give up this useless quest?" she said in a low, yet stern voice to the figure spying on her...
---
#613 Posted: 22:02:06 26/01/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tyrus and Drake:
"She is a Willow-Mother... A parent of children whose parents never return from the forest." Nizla says in a quiet, but serious voice. She never takes her eyes off of the Willow-Mother, watching her for some kind of sign. "She won't harm us, not unless we harm her children." She continued.
The Willow-Mother watches Tyrus before she continues to speak in the voice which can be perceived as the hearer's mother. "Child... have you lost your parents? Are you in need of a mother?" It asks as it kneels down so that it can be level with Tyrus. It does not come closer to him.
The children surrounding the Willow-Mother chime in with various questions. "Are you lost?" "Are you going to stay?" "Will you be our brother?" They seem to watch him intently.

@Alissa:
From behind a tree steps out a dark figure. With gleaming red eyes and short dark hair, this figure has skin that is much semi scaled and white. They have ram horns on their head and are dressed in black finery with much gold and red jewelry. At their hip is a black sword with red gems in the hilt. The familiar figure has a pointed grin. "Oh, dear Alissa, I will stop this inane quest once I receive what I am owed." Guivim say in a low voice. He stands there leaning against the tree holding his hands in front of him casually.
---
#614 Posted: 22:17:25 26/01/2017
"What!?" Tyrus said, turning almost as pale as the Willow-Mother.
"No no no no no! You misunderstand! I'm no orphan! I already have a mother and father... actually, I'm looking for my mother right now. Please let us pass." Tyrus begged with trembling lips, feeling like ice was penetrating his bones. It was even more creepy how her voice sounded like that of his own mother, Alissa, but he knew fully well it couldn't be her.

Alissa was too used to this figure. So many years she has been dealing with this demon, she has learned to talk to him without showing any fear.
"That was years ago Guivim! There are so many children in the world! Children that don't have any parents or family to take care of them! Why can't you just tear out that silly contract and search for someone else!" Alissa said with her stern yet still gentle voice. So many years she has tried to convince this creature to take another child and leave hers alone, but he has stubbornly refused each time. He wanted Tyrus, and him alone. Even though she knew she has tried to convince him to give up his quest, she was going to keep it up, no matter how hopeless it seemed.
---
#615 Posted: 22:48:25 26/01/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tyrus and Drake:
From behind him Thorn places a reassuring hand on Tyrus's shoulder. He speaks in a calm, and gentle voice. "He does not need you, Willow-Mother. Do take your children to where they were going."
After a moment the Willow-Mother stands and bows her head. "As you wish, child... Take care." Her overly long arms reach down to usher her children and they make their way to the treeline on the other side of the path. Before disappearing into the forest a small elven boy stops and turns towards Tyrus. "I hope you find your mother." He vanishes into the treeline after speaking.
Once the Willow-Mother has disappeared from sight Nizla visibly relaxes and lets out a long breath. Thorn gives her a concerned look, to which she responds, "I'm alright... Let's just keep going." After taking a moment to compose herself her eyes fix on Tyrus. "Tyrus, are you alright?"

@Alissa:
Guivim lets out a low and menacing chuckle. "Are you proposing that a child with no mother to love them is of a lesser value than the child I am owed?" He asks, drumming his fingers together. "Or are you suggesting that a child without a family is a greater value to me? It matters not. I believe in true equality. Every child is equal. But yours is... Shall we say, sentimental to me." He said taking a single step towards Alissa.
---
#616 Posted: 23:02:47 26/01/2017
OOC: Hey NightBlade, don't forget about the drawing.

Tyrus shook himself, almost as if he was trying to shake the fear out of him.
"Ugh, I'm fine, fine, but that... Willow Mother is... creepy. She sounded just like my own mother. I can't believe something like her exists." Tyrus said shakily, feeling sorry for the poor children that were with her. Willow-Mother looked like a caring being, but that didn't make her any less scary.
"Thank you Thorn." he said gratefully to the morphed dragon, convinced that it was him the one who ultimately convinced the tall figure to leave. He looked at Nizla, and could tell she has been just as uneasy as him, perhaps even more. Did she had a history with that Mother-Willow perhaps? As always, Tyrus decided not to mind her business and didn't ask her anything.

Alissa didn't take a step back like she has done in the past, and was willing to show Guivim that she was done being intimidated by him.
"It matter not what you feel. My child is very far away, and you'll never find him." Alissa said to his face, knowing fully well that Guivim could track only the person he made the contract with, not his payment. She knew how cold she was for suggesting him to take another child, but that's just what all these years of constant persecution has made of her. She was willing to sacrifice another child to this demon in order to have hers spared.
---
#617 Posted: 04:28:34 27/01/2017
Drake was intreaged really, but he had no memories of his parents or even if they're still alive. shrugging it off Drake moves on, along the way he picked up 2 different kind of rocks and moved them around in his hands not really trying anything in particuler.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#618 Posted: 00:33:17 28/01/2017
((OOC: Wow, I missed a lot while away))

If Halvard's guess was correct, the Caedalyn Forest was in the direct the dragon had flown in. That possible information made him feel slightly uncomfortable. He had little experiences with lands such as those and there were many myths surrounding the forest that while he was not immediately inclined to believe, he at least put merit on. He remembered hearing stories and tales about such a place and he tried to recount what little he had heard in the back of his head as he began in that direction. If the dragon was there - and by extension the blacksmith's son - he wasn't certain what they were doing there. The unknown was not enough to deter him, however, and he still walked despite the knowledge that he would likely be forced to enter such a place. The only information he remembered was stories he heard as a child from family, about travelers leaving offerings at the forest. He was not entirely certain what he should offer, but he felt it safe to leave something, for strange powers could very likely lurk out there. He kept his pace swift as he walked, eyes locked straight ahead as he moved.

~~~~

Loramae took those few moments to take it in. The front entrance was definitely a no-go, although she expected as much to be true. Such a lavish place would obviously keep itself up to security standards. From what she could gather with her glance, however, the back was not quite as active. Perhaps there was another way in behind there, a cellar, quiet balcony, or merely unguarded door. She opted to check around the back first and work from there. As she picked up her own dropped object, she continued moving on as though the mere error were a small distraction in her travels. She circled around the back now, monitoring the back yard from a secluded area. Approaching the back did not appear as though it would be too troublesome, but she still kept her eyes peeled for movement as she began to approach. Her location was no longer conspicuous, and should someone spot her now, she could not play herself off as casual any longer.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#619 Posted: 00:53:30 28/01/2017
OOC: Hey Shadow-Cipher. Where have you been man? I was starting to miss you.

At Hamlet. Mason's life has gone from bad to worse. His shop was as empty as ever with almost all the knights being gone to search for the dragon. Since the dragon was to be found alive, there was no reason for the knights to have sharp weapons. They would be aiming at defense, not attack, and since their shields were as good as new, no need for any sword sharpening. His Help Wanted sign hasn't been answering either, not that he cared. Life didn't seem to have any meaning anymore. It wasn't the same without Tyrus to boss around. What was he going to tell Alissa? What was that dragon rider going to do with his son? If only he knew the rider was the least of his problem. Neither he or Tyrus knew the horrible deal Alissa made with an unspeakable creature. That was a secret she has kept well hidden all these years.
---
#620 Posted: 21:16:57 03/02/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: Sorry I've been gone for so long. I'm back now and ready to resume the rp. Also, Felines, if you post the direct link to the picture here I'll post it up on the front page.
--

@Tyrus&Drake:
"No need to thank me," Thorn said with a small smile, " You spoke your own mind, I merely added to that." He walks over and places a hand on Nizla's shoulder. After a moment she turns and gives him a small smile.
"Alright, we should keep moving. It won't be long before we reach the Tree." Nizla says. She begins walking again, and with a broad smile Thorn follows her.

@Alissa:
Guivim let out a low and dangerous chuckle. "How long do you think you'll be able to keep this up? A mother separated from her child... Surely you long to see your son. And when you give into that feeling, my dear Alissa..." Guivim turned and walked back behind the tree vanishing from sight, his voice echoing around the nearby area. "I will be there."

@Halvard:
The Caedalyn forest is about an hour away from the village of Hamlet. The small town is just far enough away for folks to feel safe about the distance between them and the mystic energy of the forest. The journey through the forest's main path takes a whole day, the great tree Vierveranne being at the middle of the trek.

@Loramae:
There are fewer people around the back of the estate. Servants are moving through the back entrance. To the right a ways of the back door there lies the entrance to the cellar. Through fate, or perhaps a stroke of luck, it does not appear to be guarded. It is open an some servants are carrying goods down into the cellar, but there are no guards.
---
#621 Posted: 21:37:50 03/02/2017
OOC: Sorry about that. Didn't know you needed the link directly. Here you go: http://s1352.photobucket.com/c...zpsxbwqtdbm.jpg

Tyrus walked very close to the two of them, occasionally looking behind him so that Drake wouldn't fall behind. He wanted to ask Nizla something alone, but since Thorn was already there, he asked anyway, in a more subtle way.
"Um... are you... are you two related?" Tyrus asked curiously, realizing just now after the early fright how much resemblance Nizla and Thorn had with each other. Now he was wondering if Nizla was also a dragon in disguise.

Alissa gave away a few tears, already knowing too well that escaping that contract was impossible. For sixteen years, she has tried to make Guivim change his mind. She has tried to convince him to take something else from her. She even challenged him to a duel once, but the battle was over in less than ten seconds. He didn't want any other child. He wanted her Tyrus, and she didn't even know why. Every time she asked, he never gave an answer. With a deep heartache, she decided it was best to never visit Tyrus again. She has been lucky Guivim hasn't appeared in the few instances she has visited him, but that was probably to avoid public places. She continued to pack her belongings and be on the move again, believing deep inside that Thrus was still in Hamlet with his father, probably bored, but safe at least...
---
#622 Posted: 21:53:58 03/02/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: Do you have another link? That one leads to a download.
--

"Inquisitive, aren't you?" Nizla said keeping her eyes on the road ahead of her. After a moment had passed Thorn began to speak.
"Yes, and no. Nizla and I share a unique bond, even for my kind. We are not related by blood. Nizla is-" "Human. I am human." "Precisely. The two of us merely look similar due to, well, circumstances that I am sure are merely coincidental. I have known Nizla for all of her life--It has always been so." Thorn replied, He moved his hands as he spoke as if his gestures would help to elaborate on the subject.

Night is soon to fall.
---
#623 Posted: 22:11:21 03/02/2017
OOC: It's harder than it looks. How about this one?http://s1352.photobucket.com/c...zpsxbwqtdbm.jpg

Tyrus listened with fascination, feeling it must be really cool to have a dragon as a friend and to ride you to places that would take you days to arrive.
"That sounds awesome. Having a dragon as a friend." Tyrus commented, having enough trust in Thorn to speak his mind that way.
"Either way, it would be cool to have at least one friend, dragon or not. By dad always kept me busy, so I never had the time to properly met someone." Tyrus expressed, remembering how miserable his life was in Hamlet. Every little free time he had to meet someone, he was either tired or just plotting on how to leave home to search for his mother. That was a plan he had for a very long time, but never had the nerve to put it into motion until today.

With the night falling into place, Alissa knew that was the Druids cue. They usually travelled at night so that they wouldn't draw too much attention to themselves. Preparing for the long move to who knows where, Alissa quickly dried her eyes, not wanting to concern anybody. She was prepared to face a lifetime of heartache if it meant Tyrus was going to be safe from that forsaken demon. Not even in her wildest dreams she thought it was going to be Tyrus himself the one that would try to come to her...
---
#624 Posted: 22:22:55 03/02/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: right click on the image and click 'copy image address'. That usually works. If that link doesn't lead back to the image then you may have to upload it somewhere else.
--

As the group continues walking they can hear the faint sound of bells in the distance. " Hear that? We're almost there." Nizla said. She turned up to face the canopy of the forest, looking at the fading light coming through the trees. "It will be night soon. I suggest we make camp at the Tree."
Thorn gave Tyrus a small smile. "Well, if it pleases you, you may count me as a friend of yours."
---
#625 Posted: 22:37:05 03/02/2017
"Thanks." Tyrus said briefly, getting too nervous. The forest was creepy enough during the daytime, he didn't want to imagine how nightmarish it was after the sun has set. He could almost see the Willow-Mother appearing from out of nowhere and trying to convince him to stay. He composed himself though, since he knew that once the offerings were made and they spent the night there, the next stop would be Everlyn, and finally he was going to be reunited with his mother, and all the frights he had were going to be worth it... or so he thought...
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:24:43 04/02/2017 by Felines
#626 Posted: 04:51:48 04/02/2017
Drake smiled grateful at Thorn could provide some insight for him. when they arrived at the Tree, Drake decided to try something and some how managed to use a little bit of magic to make something out of the rocks. feeling pleased with himself he decided to use that as his offering. with a question on his mind Drake went over to Thorn and said "Thorn I remember that it was mentioned that a dragons soul couldn't be bound sealed away by the will of man. well what if the dragon wanted it and used its own will as well as mans will, could that be possible?"
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#627 Posted: 15:22:07 04/02/2017
Meanwhile, back at Everlyn's border, the Druids were finally starting to move. The elders never told Alissa or anyone else where their next stop would be. They just walked and the rest followed. Alissa walked at some distance from the group, feeling too hurt. Guivim's visits were becoming more frequent, and she was afraid that if she visited Hamlet again, he wouldn't even care if he was in a public place. Alissa knew her son was probably going to hate her if she never visited him again, but it was better to have him hate her than on that demon's claws.
"Never Guivim... never..." she whispered to herself, refusing to complete such cruel payment, even if it meant giving up on her motherly needs. If once she could've known all those years that she was going to bear a child, she would've never made the horrible deal, even though it would've meant Mason's death if she didn't...
---
#628 Posted: 01:57:47 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
As the group continues forward they can hear the sound of bells slowly grow louder, as well as the faint sound of a flute. Within the hour the group makes their way to a clearing in the forest. A single large tree stands on a raised area. The tree's leaves still block out the faint slivers of sunlight that are left. This tree is silver in color, with almost metallic looking leaves. Tied among the many branches are tied bells, wooden totems, and ribbons, among various other things. Around the trees roots are other various offers to the tree, including sacks of coins.
Sitting beneath the tree serenely is a young looking girl. Girl looks like this. (I'll take the lazy route and just link to my concept art). She sits playing a wooden flute, for a short while before her ears perk up. She gently sets the flute down to look in the direction of the group. "Travelers welcome to the Great Tree Vierveranne."

Thorn knits his brows in thought to Drake's question. "I suppose if a dragon truly desired to bind his soul, he may. But I sense no dragon in your blade I'm afraid."
---
#629 Posted: 02:12:26 05/02/2017
OOC: Did you do that? It's very good smilie

Tyrus looked at the girl, and at first thought her antlers and ears were part of a hat. It was later than he realized they were part of her own head.
"Um... here... my offer." Tyrus said nervously, extending his arm to the girl to offer the item Nizla so kindly handed to him so he could have something to give. That place was so fascinating, and at least it wasn't near as creepy as the forest in general. It was hard to imagine a place like that existed in such a gloomy forest, especially that silver tree, which couldn't even be seen from the air.

At the Druid community, Alissa was wondering where they were all heading this time. They barely gave her the time to finish up the healing potion the elders asked from her. Seething her early feelings asides, she walked near the group again, not caring where they went as long it was nowhere near Hamlet...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:01 05/02/2017 by Felines
#630 Posted: 02:29:56 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: Yea, I doodled that up a little over two years ago. I've got some other doodles of her laying around that are more recent, but that was the easiest one to find.
--

The girl stares at Tyrus quizzically for a moment before she stands up and smiles. She takes the item from is hand extremely gently, as one would do when holding a young child. "Thank you. Thanks you Vierveranne does!" She turns to the tree and beings to tie the bell to one of the lower hanging branches. "Liveranne thanks you as well. She is happy you have brought a beautiful token for Vierveranne."
Nizla walks up to the tree and begins to tie another silver bell to a branch she can reach. Once firmly secured she turns back to Thorn and speaks to him with little regard for any form of status, "Hurry up, I'd like to set up camp before we loose this abysmal amount light."
Thorn gives a light laugh and nods, walking up to the tree. "Alright, alright. I will leave my offering." He ties a small wodem totem to a branch of the tree before returning to the rest of the group.

EDIT: fixed a typo.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:49 05/02/2017 by NightBlade
#631 Posted: 02:39:59 05/02/2017
OOC: Well nice job. You draw even better than me smilie

Tyrus didn't want to waste time spending the night there when he could still be looking for his mother, but he didn't want to question Nizla's authority, not to mention that he didn't want to walk around the creepy forest at night. Even though he was anxious, he was also tired, and was glad tha this place was pleasant enough, at least when compared to the surrounding forest. Now that the offerings were made, all that was left to do was set up camp. He barely could wait for tomorrow. But in the meantime, he approached Thorn, trusting him enough to ask him a few questions;
"Hey, if we're going to make a camp, we'll need a campfire. Can you breathe fire even in that form?" Tyrus wondered, realizing that he has spent all that time with a dragon and still hasn't seen him breathe any fire save from a few puffs of smoke from his nostrils the first time they met.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:41:06 05/02/2017 by Felines
#632 Posted: 03:41:53 05/02/2017
the sword glowed angrily at Thorn's statement almost radiating flames. he sheathed it and approached with his little creation, the stones had became shaped in a beautiful likeness of the tree itself. Presenting it Drake says "I created this on the way here, I'm sorry if my offering looks a little sloppy I lost my memory recently so I'm not at my best."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#633 Posted: 15:21:32 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: Seriously though, you don't have an enchanted sword. Nor do you have a sword with a dragon in it. You just have a normal fancy sword like we agreed upon at character creation.
I don't want people to have enchanted weapons because in my world setting not only are the really powerful but they are extremely rare. This is a legit serious issue for the power level of the game. Out of character, there is an enchanted weapon coming up that one of the players can take but trying to make your sword enchanted every time I tell you not to seriously has me reconsidering that idea.
--

Thorn hums and gives a small nod. "Well, I cannot do justice to the feat I could preform in my true form I can in in fact create a small amount of fire." He says before taking a small pause. He gives a look of admiration to Tyrus. "You are very brave to gather the wood from the forest. I'm far too... cautious of what trees are fey and which are not."
Nizla begins to gather wood that has fallen from around the surrounding trees with little regard for Thorn's previous statement. Once she has gathered as much as she can carry she returns to the group and dumps the wood in an unceremonious heap on the ground. "Thorn, go ahead and make the fire. I'll set up my bedroll."
Thorn sighs and nods, "Very well, Nizla." He crouches down and arranges the stick to form a campfire. He looks up at Tyrus, "Do you think you could find some stones to put around our fire?" He asks politely.

The faun furrows her brows at Drake's offering. "Those stones are not yours to give. You found them within the forest, did you not? The Great Tree cannot accept a stolen gift. " She says pointedly. "Perhaps you should present something of your own."
---
#634 Posted: 15:38:00 05/02/2017
Tyrus nodded, but he didn't like the idea of going into that forest again. It was just to get some rocks, so he doubted he was going to be in that gloomy forest for long. As he walked away, he was feeling sorry for Drake for practically having been called a thief.

He returned less than ten minutes later with a small cluster of rocks, setting then down, and surrounding the wood as he has been ordered to. It wasn't such a bad experience. But as he surrounded the wood, a new worry was entering his mind.
"Nizla, once I find my mother, does that mean we have to go our separate ways?" Tyrus asked, remembering how Nizla was only helping him to find his mother. Even if she did wanted to go with him, she and his mother's journeys were probably going to be very different. Tyrus was aware that his mother's community were very heavy travelers, so he suspected he had to say his goodbyes once he finally found her.
---
#635 Posted: 16:22:25 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
"That depends on the situation." Nizla replied, turning her head to look at Tyrus she she began removing her cloak. Underneath her cloak she is wearing well made traveler's clothing. It isn't finery, but it isn't cheaply made. She also has a backpack on that was hidden by her cloak. Strapped to the top of the backpack is a single bedroll. She begins to lay it out as she speak. "Thorn and I are going to make our way to Valisia, the capital of Everlyn. We should be staying there a few days and then moving on to where ever we need to next. Should we find your mother along that route I presume our paths may continue of align for a short while. However, should they not, we may go our own way."

Thorn leaned in close to fire as held is hand next to his mouth. He blows and produces a small green cone of flames. He ignites the firewood, which quickly burns into a normal orange glow rather than Thorn's unnatural green flames.
---
#636 Posted: 16:46:28 05/02/2017
Drake nodded "that is true but other then my family's sword I have nothing except the cloths on my back. I understand why you would refuse it."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#637 Posted: 16:51:09 05/02/2017
"Oh... alright. I'm going to miss you guys." Tyrus expressed sadly, having grown accustomed to the two of them. But he then had an idea.
"Nizla, just in case my mother... doesn't want me back, can I stay with you? I won't get in the way I promise. I can take care of myself." Tyrus declared, believing that if his mother didn't visited him often, it meant that she didn't love him as much as she claimed. Tyrus has always believed that his mother was always too busy, which is why she rarely visited him, but now that he was a hardworking teenager, Tyrus thought she wouldn't have an excuse to keep him away, since whatever job she was doing, he could help now.

Walking along the forest, Alissa approached Mythica.
"Young Mythica, do you know where the elders are leading us now?" Alissa asked quietly, not really caring where they went, but she wanted to make sure they weren't heading close to Hamlet, otherwise she was going to be tempted to visit her son. The youngsters of the communities sometimes overheard the elders tell their next destination, so maybe she knew?
---
#638 Posted: 17:09:17 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
The faun slowly shakes her head, "Well as long as you understand that it is wrong to give away something you do not own." She says with a soft sigh. "Have nothing to give you truly do? How unfortunate you must be."

Nizla's expression softens and she takes several moments of thought before she responds, "I suppose I could afford to take on an apprentice." She says before taking on a sterner expression. "It would be hard work. You'd have to spend all day learning about magic and how to cast spells properly."

Mythica turned her head towards the sound of Alissa's voice. She shook her head and gave a shrug. "I don't know where the elders are leading us. Keeper Loristan merely said we'd be going where there wouldn't be a lot travelers."
---
#639 Posted: 17:27:48 05/02/2017
Tyrus was quite surprised when Nizla said apprentice. He was thinking more of a companion, but an apprentice? And with magic no less, which was his dream.
"Oh, of course. I will try to live up to your standards." Tyrus replied humbly, but one could see in his eyes that he was containing his need to squeal with excitement. At least he had a future, just in case his mother didn't want her around or couldn't find her. He had been paying attention to Drake, but he was so exited with the offer that he didn't noticed the possible predicament he was probably in.

Alissa nodded , pleased with the reply. She knew it was going to be hard keeping herself very away from Tyrus, but knew it was for the best.
---
#640 Posted: 18:36:57 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
"Don't get too excited. I plan to boss you around and have you running hither, thither, and yonder in educational merits. Not to mention I plan on being a strict teacher. Are you sure that is what you want?" Nizla asked as she held back what may have been laughter at his expression.
But before Tyrus has the chance to reply, the sound of something falling over comes from near the base of the tree.
"En garde foul beast! Did you think I would not recognize a dragon even in this state? I, Sir Alexander shall face you!" Says a loud voice. However, there does not appear to be anyone where the voice is coming from. The only thing there is an ornate sword that is laying in the dirt with it's hilt facing towards the group.

EDIT: I left out the word ornate infront of sword, so I just put that in there.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:38:59 05/02/2017 by NightBlade
#641 Posted: 21:41:48 05/02/2017
OOC: Didn't noticed that.

Tyrus stood up, surprised that anyone would recognize Thorn as a dragon in that state. The man had the title Sir, so he imagined he must be a knight. He was quite in shock how a knight would be after a dragon, challenging him. Dragon slaying was something very common when his father was his age, but since dragons were now rare and mostly protected, he couldn't understand why someone was doing it.
"Hey, who said that? Show yourself!" Tyrus yelled, angry at the interruption and getting in front of Thorn, ready to defend him at all costs. It was not very often one met a dragon as kind and patient as him, so he was ready to attack whoever meant him harm.
---
#642 Posted: 21:59:43 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
"Oh, but I am showing myself! You shall never best me, move aside!" The male voice shouts. However, there still does not appear to be anyone there. The voice is coming from the direction of the ornate sword. Nothing moves. After a moment of surprise Thorn looks around with a confused expression. "Oh, goodness me! I didn't smell anyone approaching!" He continues to look around seeming more confused the longer he looks. "I still... don't. Where are you, dear sir?"
Nizla merely turns her head and cocks it to the side. Her eyes shift to the sword and she lets out a long hum.
---
#643 Posted: 23:13:50 05/02/2017
OOC: Sorry I'm taking so long to reply. I was out with my dad.

"Thorn is a kind dragon. There's no need to face him." Tyrus replied, knowing you couldn't fight something you couldn't see. He started to believe that whoever was talking, it was a supernatural being. He just wanted to sleep without having any conflicts.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:45 05/02/2017 by Felines
#644 Posted: 00:01:53 06/02/2017
Drake sighs "I guess so. If I do have something to remember I have no memory of it. I cant remember anything beond a few weeks ago. no memory of who I really am or were I came from or were my family would be if I have any. in all honesty if it wasn't the only clue I had to my past I would give my family's sword."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#645 Posted: 00:12:16 06/02/2017
Tyrus looked at Drake from a distance and remembered he had his own predicament back at the tree, and even though he wanted to help him as well, his priority was Thorn right now. he wanted to impress Nizla, if whoever was threatening Thorn showed himself that was. Even though he wanted to avoid conflict, he wanted a fair fight if one was unavoidable.

Alissa continued walking with her large family, trying to empty her mind, eliminate every thought about Tyrus. She was even considering using some magic on herself so that she would forget about Tyrus completely and never succumb to the temptation of visiting him ever again. Guivim was visiting her far more often than before. No doubt the demon was growing desperate for his payment, but even though Alissa knew she promised, she wasn't going to keep it. Even though she was trying very hard to get Tyrus off her mind, she just couldn't. She had no idea that the reason for it was because he was far more closer than she ever imagined...
---
#646 Posted: 00:15:51 06/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Nizla walks over to the sword in the ground picks it up, dangling it by the tip of the hilt. "Unhand me wench!" The voice shouts as the sword swings out of her hand and plops back into the dirt. Nizla raises her eyebrows and crosses her arms, after a moment of surprise.
"Well, well, what have we here? Now this is curious indeed." She said, kicking the sword lightly with her foot. The voice made a scoffing sound. "Do not sully my blade, wench! I wish to do battle with the foul wyrm! 'Kind' dragon. Bah! Do you know how many villages I've seen razed?"
Thorn turns his attention to the sword on the ground. "Oh my! It appears that we have... well... rather peculiar company." He says, and clasps his hands together. "Can I perhaps make you some tea?" "Tea? Nay! I long for battle -- for glory!"

The faun turns her attention from shade to the commotion going on with the rest of the group and the sword. "Oh, Sir Alexander that is! Left here as an offering he was nary a week ago." She says with a small smile. "He is... lively company."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:37 06/02/2017 by NightBlade
#647 Posted: 00:31:23 06/02/2017
Now poor Tyrus was very confused. The voice was coming from that sword, but did the sword had life, or there was a ghost controlling it?
"Well mister... Alexander." Tyrus replied, grateful that the fawn mentioned his name since he didn't listen the first time.
"I'm so sorry about your people, but you can't blame an entire species for the misery one single being brought to you and your people. You need to be reasonable about this." Tyrus replied casually, hiding the fact that he was very weirded out about talking to a sword. So many scary and strange things had happened in just one day. He was easily impressed, figuring just how much he has missed in his life for having the limited lifestyle in Hamlet. The forest there was nowhere near as impressive as that one.

Edit: Just fixing a few typos.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:33 06/02/2017 by Felines
#648 Posted: 00:43:55 06/02/2017 | Topic Creator
"My people? Bah! My people had brave knights, such as myself, to defend them. Other villages, poor sods, had pitchforks and torches!" The sword imitates sounds of dragon fire followed by a mock scream. After this he lets out a long chuckle. "Not that I didn't try to help mind you. And it's SIR Alexander. I AM a knight."
Nizla rolls her eyes in distaste to the sword's attitude. She turns her attention and watches Tyrus and his actions without saying a word. Thorn makes a strange expression, but covers it with his own (strained) smile very quickly.
---
#649 Posted: 00:54:04 06/02/2017
Tyrus watched both Nizla and Thorn, and decided to let them handle it all. They didn't seemed impressed at all with what was happening. Was it possible that weird things like that happened to them on a daily basis? They were acting as if that situation was the most normal thing in the world. Life with them was full of adventures it seemed. His priority was still finding his mother, but he was glad to have a plan B in his life just in case meeting the with her wasn't what he expected. He watched as the fawn girl looked to be acting normal as well, and felt relieved for Drake, who seemed to be free of his little scold, at least for now?
---
#650 Posted: 01:07:37 06/02/2017 | Topic Creator
After several moments of silence the sword clears it's throat. Twice. "Are we going to do battle or are we just going to stand here like ninnies?" The sword asked.
Nizla removes her eyes from Tyrus and refocuses her attention on the sword for a brief moment. "There will be no such thing. Ignore the sword." She says, beginning to turn away from the blade. The sword stammers and speaks hurriedly. "Now, wait here! I am a proud knight! You can't just ignore me! I long for combat, for glory, for anything other than this same damned tree and this same damned faun girl!" "Not my problem." Nizla replied curtly.
Thorn just gives a shaky laugh. Although he tries to seem outwardly calm he does seem a little out of sorts. "Come now everyone, the fire is lit. I'll prepare some tea." He says, setting the back pack down and beginning to rummage through the pack. "I have a pot and some cups in here somewhere."
---
First | Previous | Page 13 of 17 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me