Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 11 of 17 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Village Light
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#501 Posted: 19:24:30 28/12/2016
Mason let out what looked like a mix of a grunt and a gasp, and then grabbed the guard by the turf of his armor.
"My boy asked for the dragon!? He is searching for the dragon and you let him!?" he asked furiously, feeling a lot of hate and panic.

Tyrus looked at the dragon getting comfortable, and he was now less nervous. The dragon didn't seem to be hostile for now, but he was still being very cautious.
"I don't know. I haven't seen my mother in years. She is always too busy." Tyrus replied, hoping that, if the dragon wasn't going to hurt him, then at least he could help point towards his home.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:42:57 28/12/2016 by Felines
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#502 Posted: 20:17:07 28/12/2016 | Topic Creator
"Sir, he asked me about the dragon. And yes, I pointed him to the crier. It is not my job to baby sit your son." The guard responded flatly. He let out a sigh from behind his helmet and continue in an all too practiced tone. "Lord James Ingrant's first priority is the safety of his citizens. Therefore only those who have reached the age of thirteen are allowed to participate in bounties and requests put out by his lordship. His lordship serves the king of Aedon, King Eldon."

"Have you ever been to Everlyn, Tyrus? Have you seen the sea in the land of magic?" The dragon asks, drawing out the last word to a low rumble. It's teeth become visible, but it does not do so threateningly. The dragon watches Tyrus as it awaits an answer.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
#503 Posted: 21:02:21 28/12/2016
Tyrus was sixteen, so he knew there was nothing he could do to convince the king to search for his son. As much as he hated the idea, he'll have to do it himself...

"Actually, I've never been beyond Hamlet." Tyrus answered respectfully, though still nervous. It was hard to get use to the dragon. He then remembered something from earlier.
"Wait... you said there was someone else with you?" he asked, cringing to the possibility of another dragon in there...
---
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#504 Posted: 21:36:50 28/12/2016
Loramae begins to trail closer to a market, quietly observing people until one draws her eye. There's never a particular explanation for why she targets someone. It could be anything, they appear to host something of value, they seem like they're unlikely to even notice her, they look particularly easy to outsmart - anything really. Whatever the cause, she begins to move closer to a person, keeping silent. Just a little gold was all she was aiming for, just a test to see if she could succeed at something small before attempting a larger job.

~~~

Halvard continues to keep to the busy parts of town, watching the people. He is too far away to notice the half-elven thief making her way towards a target, even if she were noticeably suspicious. He simply keeps to the crowd, listening and breathing in the air. Talk of the dragon seemed to have died down quite a bit. He wondered if anyone had pursued the creature and if they would find it.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#505 Posted: 21:50:34 28/12/2016
Mason took a quick turn to his shop to pack what he was going to need for the trip. He took a sword that he just repaired yesterday. Even though it wasn't his, the owner didn't reclaimed it, so he was going to borrow it for a while. He packed food, water, a compass, a bow, and an outdated map he had in his younger days. He preferred that over buying a new one. He did however, packed a little money just in case he needed it someplace else. As he closed his shop again, he noticed Halvard among the crowd of people. He did stand out a lot, so it wasn't hard to spot him. Mason was a very strong man, but spending much of his time in either his blacksmith duties or wasting time in the tavern, he really didn't know how to travel in the forest.
"Mister! Sir, please, I need your help. You remember Tyrus, my son? The stupid boy went into the forest to find the dragon. I need someone that can help me navigate." Mason asked, knowing that he needed someone accustomed to the outside world. As proud as he was, he knew when he needed help. He was so furious. If the dragon didn't get Tyrus first, he definitely will.
---
#506 Posted: 22:07:27 28/12/2016 | Topic Creator
@Loramae: Loramae is not noticed by her target. In the hustle and bustle of the morning her actions are lost in the crowd.

@Tyrus: The dragon gives a toothy grin and nods its head once. "Yes, I am traveling with a companion." It says turning it's head to the way Tyrus came from. "She should be back as soon as she is finished in town. Don't fret. She is of the common folk, not a dragon like myself."
---
#507 Posted: 22:13:25 28/12/2016
"A... you mean she's a person?" Tyrus asked, that information calming him down quite a lot. Perhaps the abandoned campsite was from the person the reptile mentioned? Whatever the case, if the dragon had a human as a companion, then maybe indeed he didn't mean Tyrus any harm, but still, it confused him as to why he was blocking his exit. But above all, why was it interested in his own life story at all?
---
#508 Posted: 22:38:31 28/12/2016
Loramae draws closer as she remains undetected, wishing to move before she can be spotted. There are a few different methods she can go about, depending on the actions of the current target. The person she is following moved slowly, as if they were entirely certain on where to go or did not have a time constraint with which to arrive at their destination. They would pause often and it was during one of those pauses that she drew nearer. She wouldn't need to purposely bump into them if they weren't moving. Quickly did she move, though she kept her motions subtle as not to be noticed. It wasn't long before the tip of her fingers found the gold she was looking for and just as silently slipped it from the stranger's pocket. Then, she turned on her heel and moved away, keeping her pace balanced. Not too slow, not too fast.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#509 Posted: 03:22:02 29/12/2016
OOC: Hey Shadow-Cipher. Don't forget to reply to my previous comment.

As pleasant as that conversation with the dragon was, as he waited for the creature to reply, Tyrus was studying his surroundings. He didn't know if that companion existed, so the boy was planning his escape in case the dragon decided he had enough of his presence...
---
#510 Posted: 04:23:19 29/12/2016
((OOC: Oops! Dunno how I forgot that. Thanks for reminding me))

Halvard did not immediately note he was being spoken to until Mason drew nearer, then he shifted his attention, and turned to face the blacksmith. He was surprised to once again be encountering the blacksmith, as he had not expected to be hearing from him again for the day. He usually would've opted for casual greetings, but he sensed the emotion hidden behind the man's tone of voice. It was not the voice of a person who was requesting a casual assistance, but instead someone who greatly needed the assistance. "Your son pursued the dragon?" It was a rhetorical question, needing not a reply, but instead being a way to organize the thought in his head. "I can assist you in traversing and navigating the environment. I'm going to assume you have a blunt idea of where this dragon could be located, assuming your son has gotten that far."

It has been a while since Halvard had assisted anyone, but he was already feeling elated at the idea, even if he was just helping with navigation. It wasn't that he was glad someone was suffering a negative encounter, simply that he could do something to assist them.
---
#511 Posted: 05:48:35 29/12/2016
"I know nothing about dragons. Or that forsaken forest for that matter. I know sir you don't need to do this, but I really have nobody else to ask. The guards are usually the ones who find him, but since this is the king's business, it doesn't concern them." Mason explained with tension, evidently showing that he was putting all his pride aside to ask Halvard for help. It was very hard for him. Not only was he asking for help from somebody that was almost a complete stranger, it was somebody that wasn't even human, and Mason hated fraternizing with somebody that wasn't even his own kind, at least if he wasn't on his job. One could see by his visible veins that he was one furious man. His only hope was that Halvard didn't ask for anything in return for that favor...
---
#512 Posted: 15:21:44 29/12/2016
Halvard sighed at hearing that the local guards brushed him aside. "That honestly sounds pretty normal for the guards. From my experience, they don't want anything to be their problem. They'll react if they have to, but often times there's a reason to brush it aside. Regulations and whatnot." He shook his head. "Luckily for you, I'm not a guard and anybody I assist is fully by my own choice." The tension was obviously clear, and with every passing moment it was obvious that this entire encounter was difficult for the man. "I certainly will help you, but you're going to need to keep a relaxed mindset about this encounter. I understand you're concerned about where your son is, but I've found panicking just makes a situation all the more challenging to defuse." He tried to keep his voice as calm as possible, in hopes that he could bring even a speck of ease to Mason's mind and muscles.
---
#513 Posted: 17:09:44 29/12/2016
"Sir... just... spare me your points of view! The more we spent here talking, the more time we waste! We need to find my son now before that dragon does!" Mason yelled, trying not to sound rude, but failed miserably. Like Tyrus, he sometimes heard the town talking and gossiping among each other, and what he has heard about dragons, well, none of them were pretty. He thought his son could be dead by now and nobody did anything to stop it. He then realized that Tyrus may have left when he went to search for the wood, and that infuriated him more. The frantic man looked like he wanted to strangle somebody.
---
#514 Posted: 18:17:55 29/12/2016
Halvard would usually have been aggravated by such aggression, but he realized the situation Mason was in and kept his commentary within his mind, knowing it would be misplaced. "Please." he exhaled clearly. "I have already said I will assist you in navigation. Do you have the supplies needed to make a trip?" He was partially concerned that Mason would allow his frantic mood effect the way he handled such a situation.
---
#515 Posted: 18:29:39 29/12/2016
"Of course! We're going to that cursed forest! Food, water, weapons, you name it!" Mason said as he showed his backpack full of everything that was necessary. He didn't pack mountaineer equipment since he didn't think he would need it. Plus he could climb extremely well with his own two hands.
"Now let's go already! I swear if that dragon has done anything to my boy, I shall have it's head! And I will have Tyrus's for making such a stupid decision!" Mason yelled, furious beyond words, though that last sentence was clearly metaphorically. His skin was now more red than white due to his overwhelming anger.
---
#516 Posted: 19:33:09 29/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Loramae's victim is none the wiser that their load has been lightened. They continue about their business as if nothing has happened. However, another figure is making their way towards Loramae from within the crowd. A halfling.

Tyrus can see that the cavern has a passageway behind to the dragon. The same one on the other side of the room from when he first entered the room. The dragon lets out a bit of a chuckle. "Yes, hatchling, my companion is a person... as are most intelligent beings." The dragon said at a low rumble. It flicks tip of its tail back and forth, much like a cat would. " She should return from town soon. Perhaps she will have words to share with you."
---
#517 Posted: 19:42:29 29/12/2016
Despite the politeness Tyrus was being shown, the appearance of the dragon alone was enough to intimidate him. He was still too curious as to why the dragon was keeping him there and why was it so willing to hear his story. Nevertheless, he distracted it with the conversation, all while slowly moving behind the dragon and hoping all that talking didn't make the creature notice he was trying to escape.
"Well... I'm sure your friend is a very nice woman... or girl, whatever her age is, but you see, I would like to find my mother soon." Tyrus explained, hoping the dragon would understand his predicament. He continued to slowly move towards that other entrance, since he doubted the dragon was going to carry him to that exit beyond reach even if he asked nicely...
---
#518 Posted: 22:02:49 29/12/2016 | Topic Creator
The dragon quickly puffs smoke out it's nose as if it is surprised. "Oh, goodness me! You of course have your own places to be! I just suppose I was lonely being here by myself and you were kind enough to strike up a conversation." The dragon scoots itself over to make a clear path to the other passageway in the room. It curls it's tail up around itself rather than half blocking the passageway behind Tyrus. "I'll excuse you from conversation, Tyrus. Thank you for indulging this dragon in your story."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:06 29/12/2016 by NightBlade
#519 Posted: 22:08:05 29/12/2016
Tyrus was left quite surprised. Was that really it? The dragon was lonely and he simply kept him there in order to have a conversation? Now the boy was at a loss on what to do.
"I... I... I can stay... for a little while... if you want... at least until your friend arrives." Tyrus offered himself, thinking now he must've been crazy not to take advantage of his chance for freedom. He still had to go to that exit high up the cave, the one out of reach, and he still didn't dare to ask the dragon for assistance.
---
#520 Posted: 23:28:16 29/12/2016
"Good," Halvard responded strongly, glad to see that Mason has prepared himself for the journey ahead. "If it comes to fighting the dragon, I will assist you in the endeavor as well, but here's hoping that it won't come to that." The fury of the words was painfully obvious, as an emotion like anger could be no more obvious to an orc of all sorts. He still had his sword alongside him, so if a fight ensued, he would be prepared. Before Mason could claim the trip was being delayed any further, Halvard indicated with a small nod of the head that he was moving out and as he began walking, he hoped Mason would follow.

~~~~

Loramae did not initially notice that someone was approaching her, for she was focused on her own endeavors, her own train of thought. The crowd does not initially make this noticeable. As she obtains a strong distance from her prior target, however, she stops to observe the area, confirm that the target had continued upon their path and none of the local guards were moving her way. At first, she did not gather the halfling was moving towards her, but the movement flickered in her eye, and she glanced once again. Is that person approaching me? She shook her head. Don't fret yet, they haven't shown ill intent. She froze now, stance strong as she kept her eyes locked on the stranger.
---
#521 Posted: 23:36:13 29/12/2016
Mason moved alongside the Orc, determined not to be left behind. He passed Loramae, and since she was in his way, her pulled her aside a bit roughly, but when realizing what he has done, he gave a quick glance at her, though still walking.
"Sorry Miss!" he said quickly, not stopping. He then continued to walk towards the forest as if nothing has happened. Mason was a large, impatient man, and was very rude to men and beasts, but he did at least tried to show politeness to young maidens, human or not.
---
#522 Posted: 00:11:14 30/12/2016
Halvard tossed a glance over his shoulder in time to see Mason apologizing to an unknown female. At least he was making haste to follow. That was good.

~~~

Loramae was temporarily startled by Mason bumping into her, though she harbored no ill intent as he apologized upon doing so. Still, the encounter was distracting as he had moved on immediately after apologizing, not sticking around to see her reaction. That momentary encounter had drawn her attention away from the stranger, even for a couple seconds.
---
#523 Posted: 00:20:18 30/12/2016
Mason entered the forest, already complaining about how messy it was. The fact that the terrain was so muddy due to yesterday's rain didn't help either. He was so inexperienced in the forest that he got caught between some vines, and due to how furious he was about the whole situation, he got the vines off and started to yell and kick it, getting all his anger out.
"I hate the forest! I hate dragons! And I hate Tyrus's... stupid decision!" Mason yelled, fixing that last part, unwilling to admit that he was hating his own son a little for putting him up to all that trouble, even going as low as to ask an Orc of all creatures for help.
---
#524 Posted: 18:11:22 30/12/2016
Halvard always kept ahead of Mason, observing the environment and deciding on the next route as the blacksmith trailed behind him. When he heard Mason yowling a list of things he hated, alongside the clear sound of a struggle with nature, he paused to look over his shoulder. Usually, he would step in to assist, but the wild flailing at the vines indicated that this would be a poor choice, so he simply observed, making certain Mason didn't tangle himself in the vines or do anything that could put him at nature's mercy, as well as confirming his location was still known.

He would not step in with the vines unless specifically requested to do so, and currently felt speaking was widely pointless. After all, what Mason was doing was by no means dangerous, so it was more than acceptable. He understood the fury. Turning his gaze back to the forest ahead, he continued to observe his surroundings and despite his size, manage to navigate through the thick of the forest adequately.
---
#525 Posted: 18:52:07 30/12/2016
After finally letting all his frustration out, Mason calmed down and continued to follow the orc, trying to play it nice and forget about that rather childish scene. He hated to give such a bad impression to those that could become regular customers at his shop.
---
#526 Posted: 18:18:29 31/12/2016
Halvard hazarded another glance back. Mason was much calmer now, and had caught up quickly. Given his calmer state, Halvard finally hazarded a chance to speak. "I see you're having troubles with the muddy terrain. Try moving your back foot before you finish moving the front. If you walk like you're on firm ground, you're going to keep looking for a solid piece of land to place your foot on that doesn't exist."
---
#527 Posted: 18:26:38 31/12/2016
Mason was angry that he was being lectured like that as if he was a child. He had too much pride to tolerate that, but then again, it was that Orc alone who was kind enough to help him since those bumbling guards wouldn't. He simply gave a quick glare at Halvard to show him he wasn't liking that, but then, he remembered something very important.
"How are we going to find this dragon anyway? We don't know where it may be residing, or what size it is, or what's it even doing here in the first place." Mason asked, frustrated by the lack of knowledge. Dragons near Hamlet was a very rare occurrence, and he didn't know anything about them aside the rumors and gossip from the town's people, and he knew better than anyone that the people's talk were usually untrue and pure exagerrations. He did fear for Tyrus though, since Mason knew how much the boy loved to read. He may know about dragons more than him and the Orc, and that it may be too late to find him alive.
---
#528 Posted: 23:20:43 02/01/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tyrus: The dragon's mouth contorts into a toothy grin and it nods it's head. "That would be most agreeable, thank you." The dragon says. It begins to say something else but it stops and turns it's head towards the passage way where Tyrus came from. "You won't have to wait long, Tyrus, I believe she has entered the cave."

@Loramae: The halfling approaches Loramae from the crowd. As he emerges his features become visible. The man is short, as are most halflings, with a slender, lithe build. He is wearing leather armor over plain breeches and a shirt. His face is round with a little bit of stubble. His eyes are brown, as is his curled hair. As he steps in front of Loramae he gives a motion to the coin she had stolen. "I see you've got yourself quite the five-finger discount, lass. I'm impressed, but surely you could be putting your skills to a better task." He says to her.
---
#529 Posted: 23:40:08 02/01/2017
Quote: NightBlade
@Tyrus: The dragon's mouth contorts into a toothy grin and it nods it's head. "That would be most agreeable, thank you." The dragon says. It begins to say something else but it stops and turns it's head towards the passage way where Tyrus came from. "You won't have to wait long, Tyrus, I believe she has entered the cave."

"Oh, good... Yes." Tyrus said shyly, relieved that whoever was that companion would arrive. He regretted saying he was going to stay, since the dragon still scared him, but the creature has been so hospitable that Tyrus was dismissing the outrageous rumors the townspeople always said about dragons, though he knew he should've known better than to believe the people. The dragon, a reptile, has shown him more kindness than his own father, and that was too much to say. But as Tyrus was slowly getting use to the dragon's presence, his stomach rumbled again. Being stuck there for that while made him forget how very hungry he was, so as the creature waited enthusiastically for it's friend to return, he looked around the cave to see if there was something he could eat. Maybe a bat, a lizard, or maybe a plant if he could find one. As long as it wasn't an insect, Tyrus wasn't a picky eater. He has learned to accept almost anything during his tracking lifestyle.
---
#530 Posted: 03:32:11 03/01/2017
Halvard paused for a second, aware of the glare he had quickly been given. He had been no means aiming to lecture anyone, though it had come to his attention that his subtle helpful hint could possibly could off as such. Nonetheless, the reaction was not too extreme, so he remained satisfied. "It's true there are many unknown factors of this dragon, but there are parts of this situation that are known to us, and that's the information we focus on," began Halvard, his voice growing stronger as he spoke. "The rarity of dragons means that any signs of dragon activity are highly likely to be the one were looking for. They're large creatures, they leave behind signs of themselves even if unintentional. Large scratches, charred objects, anything like that is a good starting point. After all, we know your son was trailing the dragon, so if we can find indications of dragon activity, it's likely your son did too. I was aiming for a nearby large mountain system. From my knowledge, cooler environments are prime dragon habitats. To track and creature, you must know how it affects the world. Be astute to the environment." He started moving on once more. Mason's son couldn't have gotten too, too far, and the mountain range he was eyeing was easily the closest one.

~~~

Loramae quickly gazed back to the halfling, just in time to see his features become clear. As he spoke to her, she kept her gaze strongly focused on him, listening to each word, and his tone of voice as he spoke. She rightfully was cautious of being approached in such a manner, though to say she wasn't curious would be false. "And you've got an idea for that, I presume?" she asked quietly. "I might be interested, and I might not. Depends on who you are, what you're suggesting, and why you were observing me in the first place." She lowered her hand, encircling the recently stolen gold in her palm.
---
#531 Posted: 04:16:51 03/01/2017
Mason tried to be calmer as the Orc explained to him everything he knew about dragons. Even though Mason could be a gentleman when he wanted to, in a situation like that, it was practically impossible. He was still too angry, at both Tyrus and himself for not having payed attention when the boy said he wanted to go after the beast.
"That stupid boy! Who in their right mind go after a dragon without any experience!? I thought I taught him better than that! Does he even want the money? I've given that ingrate everything a child could want. I'm almost tempted to turn back and let the dragon have him!" Mason said with so much fury, it almost looked like his blood was boiling inside. He wasn't the best of fathers, but he was a little worried about Tyrus, though he believed it was only because he needed him. Tyrus was after all, the one who brought him all those metals and minerals without him needing to pay for them. Still, no one could tell if there was some genuine love somewhere in that bulk of a man...
---
#532 Posted: 00:25:03 04/01/2017
Halvard kept his commentary to himself as Mason vented, knowing that speaking now could easily turn that anger right on him. He knew from personal experience that anger could be easily diverted to another when you're already fuming. Halvard himself had turned his anger on friends before simply because they spoke at the wrong time. As such, he knew to keep silent. This was nothing more than fury, and the Orc knew that Mason was by no means angry at him directly. He waited, waited until Mason said all he had to say.

"You know you don't mean that, letting the dragon have your son," Halvard finally spoke, noting Mason had ceased howling in a blind rage. "If you cared that little, you wouldn't be with me searching for him right now. You would have just gone home. You care, even if you're a bit to angry to say it up front." Now to see if Mason took that as a good or a bad thing, and see how he would react.
---
#533 Posted: 00:39:14 04/01/2017
Mason remained silent for a long while before responding. Rescuing his son in the company of an Orc was certainly a predicament that he never viewed himself through.
"Of course I care! I've spent too much time raising that boy, and I'm not going to let all that go to waste! Such a good life I've been giving him, toughening up so that he would face the world like a real man. But look what an imbecile he turned out to be! Searching for a beast that can kill him in less than a second!" Mason said, still angry, though after so much fury, his voice was starting to mellow down. It really was quite impressive how much he was opening up to an Orc, a creature that he viewed as nothing but a violent brute. As he searched the terrain for any signs of the dragon, he was losing all hope of finding his son alive, particularly because he knew how good he was at tracking practically anything. He continued searching though, believing that if his son was already dead, then at least he could find the remains to have some peace of mind, if dragons let any that is.
---
#534 Posted: 19:00:59 04/01/2017
It was clear listening to Mason that he took being a parent very seriously, and that he had a lot of different thoughts on how he wanted his son to grow up. Halvard was glad to see someone putting so much time into raising a child, as he had met plenty of parents who didn't think much about it, or parents who allowed kids to do dangerous or stupid things and didn't really question it much. So the concern, fury included, was a comforting thought.

Halvard tilted his head, "You said it yourself, you raised him so he could face the world like a man. The dragon was part of the world, and he felt that he could face it. If anything, you can always consider that he took those teachings to heart, bravery, toughness. Facing danger is a part of growing up, and every child does something questionable from time to time, but its when they come back home, odds against them, that you know you did something right." Halvard moved ahead at greater speed, checking the environment to signs of draconic activity. The mountain was drawing closer, so if a dragon was making this mountain it's home, signs of it's actions would surely start to show up soon. The closer to the mountain, the more likely.
---
#535 Posted: 19:23:38 04/01/2017
"Tyrus is an explorer at heart. A tracker. He can find anything! Anything I tell you! But one thing he isn't, is a warrior." Mason explained, never understanding how, after so much work he put on the boy, he was just a scrawny little thing.
"He probably found the dragon by now, and if he did, I just hope he wasn't stupid enough to take it on in person! This is a beast that can breathe fire for goodness sake! One time when he was nine, he was terribly mauled by a bear! I almost lost him that time!" Mason expressed, opening up even more to Halvard. Even though he was aware that Tyrus could defend himself from smaller animals, he had his limits. A dragon was far more dangerous than a bear, and Tyrus was no doubt too easy to kill by the humongous reptile.
---
#536 Posted: 23:02:30 05/01/2017
Halvard listened, knowing that it must've been hard to open up to a stranger so easily. "You'll find that even scouts can brave the toughest of conditions if they're dedicated. It isn't about being stronger, it's about having the skill and the creativity to survive any situation."

He moved nearer a very tall tree, heading to investigate it as he continued to speak. "Besides, I was raised by nature, spent my childhood running among it. If your kid can find the dragon, then I can too." Halvard placed his hand upon a tree, brushing aside some leaves dangling into his face. "Look here. There are nail marks running along the side of this tree trunk, far too large to be any woodland dwelling creature. I know the wildlife in these areas. This had to be made by something very large." We moved his hand aside slightly to make the claw marks more visible. "We're on the right track, I'd presume."
---
#537 Posted: 00:51:30 06/01/2017
Mason listened, which was surprising considering he usually ignored comments like that, especially concerning someone's personal life. He didn't doubt Halvard was raised in nature. He was an Orc after all. But as he inspected the claw marks as well, he remembered something important.
"The beast must've been hunting no doubt. If Tyrus went through here, there must be some tracks of him as well. I just hope he remembers that the dragon should be found, not slayed. That's what the crier said." Mason commented, believing that if Tyrus left to find the dragon, he could've avoided detection and went home to collect the reward. Certainly he couldn't be as stupid as to try to slay a dragon all by himself.

But just in case, Mason was prepared for the worst. Knowing that the Orc must've had a lot of experience in the outside world, and since he looked like he had some knowledge about dragons, he just had to ask.
"Do dragons even leave remains?" he asked bluntly, ready to face reality if it turns out his son didn't make it. He's spent a lifetime facing cruel and harsh realities, so he was ready for any response.
---
#538 Posted: 16:25:27 06/01/2017
Halvard stepped aside as Mason moved to observe the claw marks, commenting what knowledge he held of dragons in general, alongside this particular task. "It may be prudent to search for signs of human activity around here as well," said the Orc initially, partially glad there was finally a lead to work upon. It was very true that the task was to locate the dragon, but how far would Mason's son go in that attempt? "There's a good chance that your son wanted to see the beast with his own eyes, confirm with all certainty it is definitely around."

He now moved his gaze to Mason as he inquired about the remains of a dragon's slain foes. "Depends on how they slay their foes. The flaming breath of a dragon is very powerful and would leave little but some ashes behind. If the dragon consumes prey, you might be able to find some bones nearby where it fed." He kept his gaze strong and serious as he spoke, knowing that this was not a lighthearted conversation, at least not this part of it.
---
#539 Posted: 17:31:09 06/01/2017
Mason said nothing. He had faith that his son Tyrus wouldn't go as far as to try to slay the beast on his own, especially if those weren't the instructions. He must've had more common sense than that. However, that didn't stop Mason from being worried. If there was no sign of Tyrus, the only hope he had was that the boy would return to Hamlet to inform of his findings.

"We'll find this dragon and inform the king as instructed. If it does turn out that it did something to my boy, then forget about it! Alive or not, if the beast dared to do something to him, I will slay it myself! I don't care what the king said! I'll have it's head!" Mason exclaimed, his fury returning. With the way he was feeling now, he felt like he could even take on a demon.
---
#540 Posted: 23:27:22 06/01/2017 | Topic Creator
OOC: Sorry for not posting a lot. The recent cold snap where I am has left me with a nasty ear ache in both of my ears and I've been trying to take care of myself.
--

@Tyrus: Tyrus does find a lizard crawling on the wall to the left side of the room, opposite of the dragon. However upon noticing Tyrus's looking around the dragon furrows it's brows questioningly. On that note a voice echos from the passageway behind Tyrus. "Thorn? Thorn?" From said passageway emerges the same pale woman from town who claimed they would find the dragon by nightfall. She speaks to the dragon not noticing Tyrus at first.
"Thorn, I'm going to need a scale or a clipping of your claws... They're searching for you in town and- Who is this?" She questions, her eyes narrowing dangerously on Tyrus.
"This is Tyrus. He has been my company whilst you were in town."

@Loramae: "Sensible, that. I can appreciate that." That halfling said, giving an approving nod. He take a half bow. "The names Flint. Jeremy Flint. At your service, lass. And it's my business to know the less ... wholesome dealings of Hamlet. Call it my profession. As for my ideas on how you can put those skills of yours to the test... Howsabout I happen to drop you a paying job where you sneak into Lord Ingrant's estate and reacquire a ring that the lord happened to have taken from myself." He says to Loramae.

@HalvardandMason: The things that Halvard has found lead a trail pointing in the direction of the caves to the north east.
---
#541 Posted: 00:16:57 07/01/2017
OOC: Sorry for not posting a lot. The recent cold snap where I am has left me with a nasty ear ache in both of my ears and I've been trying to take care of myself.
--

@Tyrus: Tyrus does find a lizard crawling on the wall to the left side of the room, opposite of the dragon. However upon noticing Tyrus's looking around the dragon furrows it's brows questioningly. On that note a voice echos from the passageway behind Tyrus. "Thorn? Thorn?" From said passageway emerges the same pale woman from town who claimed they would find the dragon by nightfall. She speaks to the dragon not noticing Tyrus at first.
"Thorn, I'm going to need a scale or a clipping of your claws... They're searching for you in town and- Who is this?" She questions, her eyes narrowing dangerously on Tyrus.
"This is Tyrus. He has been my company whilst you were in town."

OOC: Almost everyone gets sick this time of the year. I know. I have a terrible allergy almost every day smilie

Tyrus looked at the woman, which caused the lizard to escape him. He lost his appetite yet again once he recognized her.
"You!? You're that woman who was in town asking for the dragon this morning!" Tyrus commented, remembering her too well due to her annoying, cocky behavior earlier. Where did she ran off to? It didn't matter to Tyrus, since he then realized what the woman just said. He was a boy who caught up on things very quickly, and then realized what was going on.

"... Oh wait, I get it. You are working with this dragon. You just asked for something of him so you can show it to the king and collect the reward!" Tyrus accused, believing the two of them were a team of bounty hunters that worked together to collect rewards. Very sneaky indeed. Tyrus knew his father would've been proud if he could ever come up with a scheme like that.
---
#542 Posted: 00:47:53 07/01/2017 | Topic Creator
"How perceptive." The woman said, "Yes, I happened to inquire about the nature of the bounty and yes, I happen to intend to take physical evidence to Lord Ingrant so that I might receive the reward." She shifted her gaze from Tyrus to the dragon and back again. After a moment she let out a long sigh. "I presume that Thorn has chosen to forgo our discussed plan and has revealed himself."
The dragon gives a shaky laugh before it speaks to the woman. "You do know that I am here for you to speak to, yes?"
"Thorn, what part of discrete did you not understand?" She snapped back at him.
---
#543 Posted: 01:00:09 07/01/2017
Tyrus found quite interesting the relationship between the two. Was Thorn this woman's pet? Or just partners? Whatever the reason, he believed he wasn't welcomed there anymore, given how the woman didn't seem to please to see him.
"Well, I won't tell on you if you don't tell on me. I'm leaving Hamlet and I don't intend to return." Tyrus explained, having fulfilled his end of the bargain to the dragon, and thinking that he has taken too long in that cave, distracted from his quest. His father most certainly knew by now that he was gone, and Tyrus didn't want him to find him and return to his same, miserable existence as the blacksmith's collector.

@HalvardandMason: The things that Halvard has found lead a trail pointing in the direction of the caves to the north east.

Mason then looked at the mountain, and remembered something the orc said.
"Didn't you say earlier that dragons liked cool places?" he asked, knowing that a mountain was the perfect habitat for that. But it wasn't going to be easy inspecting it...
---
#544 Posted: 02:55:36 07/01/2017 | Topic Creator
"Lord Ingrant would sooner trust someone who is several times your senior than you, child." The woman said to Tyrus, crossing her arms and furrowing her brows. Just as she is about to speak again the dragon clears it's throat loudly.
"Nizla, this hatchling is not going to jeopardize us. He is running from an unloving father, sure you understand what trials he faces." The dragon says to the woman. She starts to says something, before she closes her mouth and her expression softens. After several moments of silence the woman turns to Tyrus.
"Where are you going, child?" She asks quietly.
---
#545 Posted: 03:12:37 07/01/2017
"I'm going to Everlyn to find my mother. That's where she was last seen. It's quite a long journey, but I have to do this. There is nothing left for me in Hamlet." Tyrus explained, with a faint smile. He was quite glad that the dragon was somewhat defending him, and wondered if there were many dragon as hospitable as him. His hunger was slowly returning after feeling a little more comfortable there with the woman's more pleasant demeanor, but since he didn't want to be a burden, he decided that it was better to find food outside the cave.
---
#546 Posted: 22:14:18 07/01/2017
Loramae couldn't deny that such a job sounded very interesting. Dangerous, but interesting. She was still fairly suspicious of this stranger, but curiosity was an enticing notion, a subtle call that was difficult to ignore the allure of. "Well," began Loramae with a soft hum, "there's a possible chance that I may be interested. Let's say I did choose to take you up on your offer? What's the ring look like, for one, and how much of a payment would one expect for such an endeavor?" She tilted her head on its side.

~~~~~~~~~

Halvard nodded, "Yes, that's precisely what they like. I believe caves form out of the sides of these mountains. The trail appears to head north east - we should aim for that direction and seek out cavernous dwellings."
---
#547 Posted: 22:26:51 07/01/2017
Quote: Shadow-Cipher
Halvard nodded, "Yes, that's precisely what they like. I believe caves form out of the sides of these mountains. The trail appears to head north east - we should aim for that direction and seek out cavernous dwellings."

Mason took a look at the caves, and realized it was going to be uncomfortable navigating them. Surely Tyrus could fit there, but did he really went that far? Tyrus's footprints were already gone, so it couldn't be known if he passed though there.
"Have that sword ready Orc. If the dragon is in there, it'll probably want a fight if it spots us. But first, we need to make sure we don't get lost in there." Mason warned, feeling ready to recove his son if he was there. But they'll probably need a plan B if they couldn't find the dragon...
---
#548 Posted: 23:54:45 07/01/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tyrus: Nizla, as the dragon addressed her, took a long breath before closing her eyes in a moment of thought. After that moment passed she opened her eyes and spoke decisively. "Gather up your belongings, child. We'll give you a ride."
The dragon's jaw drops as he speaks rather in a flustered manner for a moment, fumbling over it's words. "N- Nizla? Are you sure. A moment ago -" "We'll give Tyrus a ride if at least as far as the edge of that damned forest."
"Alright, but we were supposed to attend to... well, have you attended to it?" "It's reasonable, Thorn. We'll be returning to Everlyn regardless."
"But the reward-" "The reward be damned."
After the two had finished speaking Nizla looked at Tyrus seriously. "Well kid, would you like to ride a dragon?"

@Loramae: Flint gives an approving smile. "Ah, of course it's about the details. The ring is a small beauty. It's made of gold. Has an interesting design that looks about like this... " He says as he pulls a piece of parchment from his coat pocket and hands it to Loramae. He pulls a coin pouch from his belt and holds it in a tempting manner. "As for payment, I'll give you a solid five gold now to wet you appetite and a nice thirty five when you bring me back my ring. So, you in?"

ooc: Design on the ring looks like this. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pini...a88c4fe0bd3.jpg
---
#549 Posted: 00:00:52 08/01/2017
@Tyrus: Nizla, as the dragon addressed her, took a long breath before closing her eyes in a moment of thought. After that moment passed she opened her eyes and spoke decisively. "Gather up your belongings, child. We'll give you a ride."
The dragon's jaw drops as he speaks rather in a flustered manner for a moment, fumbling over it's words. "N- Nizla? Are you sure. A moment ago -" "We'll give Tyrus a ride if at least as far as the edge of that damned forest."
"Alright, but we were supposed to attend to... well, have you attended to it?" "It's reasonable, Thorn. We'll be returning to Everlyn regardless."
"But the reward-" "The reward be damned."
After the two had finished speaking Nizla looked at Tyrus seriously. "Well kid, would you like to ride a dragon?"[/url]

Tyrus lost his voice for a split second. Was that woman for real? We're they really going to save him the trouble of wandering all that dangerous terrain? He almost squealed in happiness.
"I... of course. I mean, I've never been beyond Hamlet... so... it will really save me a lot of time." Tyrus said humbly, though his eyes gave him away. He almost looked like a little kid receiving a large piece of candy. Not only was he going to ride a mighty dragon, he was probably going to see his mother much sooner than he expected. So ecstatic he was, that he lost all his appetite.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:32 08/01/2017 by Felines
#550 Posted: 00:12:16 08/01/2017 | Topic Creator
The dragon stood moving to crouch in the center of the room. The woman, as the dragon was standing , ran to the passageway behind the dragon. After a moment she returned holding a large saddle and a green blanket. She threw the blanket over the dragon's back, followed by the saddle. In one fluid motion she placed her foot in the stirrup and lifted herself into the saddle. Her eyes turned to Tyrus as she held her hand down towards him. "Come on, Tyrus. Let us be off!"
---
First | Previous | Page 11 of 17 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me