Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Question about Cards to Life
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#1 Posted: 18:01:03 07/03/2016 | Topic Creator
In the event that the game is supposed to work on my phone and it's just not optimized for older/smaller ones yet, I'm considering deleting Cards to Life to make up space. Does anybody know if the cards on it carry over to the full game? It's just 4 cards out of 300, sure, but it'd get rid of any chances of rolling Spitfire and SE decks on the tutorial if I have them already, wouldn't it?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#2 Posted: 19:26:12 07/03/2016
You can scan those 4 cards brand new into the new app and you will have them just fine. I have scanned all 4 in the new app. You will not have them level 10 is all but its not hard to level them up anyway.

FYI, after getting my initial starter cards and battle packs, I did not have either Spitfire or Stealth Elf so those cards came in handy. Gave me one of each element out the door, with the battle packs.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:27:22 07/03/2016 by lamoracke
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#3 Posted: 19:28:41 07/03/2016
That's a very grey case to answer.

Everything I'll say is speculation but for the most part I wouldn't fret too much about it.

The "Cards to Life" version is simply a prototype meant to give a sneak peak of Augmented Reality.

As of now I can't say in anyway these cards will carry over to the full game (judging from your links to my videos) that is currently in soft launch since Activision hasn't unveiled any information regarding that.

Then again I'm not too certain if already owning Spitfire/Stealth Elf will prevent them from being picked as your core 3 after completing the tutorial since only the "play" button is available on the main screen. In which case, you can't scan Spitfire/SE and own them before starting the game up as you're kinda nudged into playing the tutorial before you can even begin to navigate the home screen.

No matter how you look at, if you've seen enough of the tutorial playthrough, you'll notice every player is guaranteed to get 2 commons + 1 Rare skylander as their starters. Since every common skylander is available from the Battlepacks & PDF files (Spitfire/SE included). You're gonna end up getting a duplicate from the tutorial package either way.

So Overall....

I really wouldn't worry about deleting Cards to Life since the current cards they're offering are all common ones that can easily be obtained via booster/battle packs. Even then, if you're connected to Google Play/Game Centre, the progress of those scanned quests should be saved so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:37:26 07/03/2016 by JJAtelier
#4 Posted: 20:54:48 07/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh, you're Vincent Lin! Welcome to DarkSpyro, and thanks for the Battlecast videos after the other youtubers lost interest despite so much new content.

The cards I got by scanning the free PDFs on the site, including the spells which came after the extra scans. But if they don't carry over, not that big of a loss then. I just wanted to up my chances of a Hex card anyway but I have enough free time on uni to grind gold and get the battle pack. Thanks, guys!
---
#5 Posted: 08:54:45 08/03/2016
@Bitfrost Thanks for the greetings.

Your query is very valid though, why does Activision even have this Cards to Life app to begin with if the actual full game is available for players to start their card collection journey?

More importantly, why are the quests for Spitfire/SE fixed for those specific dates? Any one who found out about the app is already too late to the party and its completely redundant if you can get a hold of the full soft launch.
#6 Posted: 09:01:09 08/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Cards to Life came out when SC did - if you paid attention around the hype in the official pages, you'd find a post or two about it among all the "cooler game is out first!" ones. It was probably interest check.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:17:22 08/03/2016 by Bifrost
#7 Posted: 17:06:08 08/03/2016
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes news coverage regarding the Skylanders franchise, haven't been following since Giants. The more I think about it, the more I feel Cards to Life is just like a filler appetizer.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:26:26 08/03/2016 by JJAtelier
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#8 Posted: 18:38:01 08/03/2016
Its function was always obviously just a proof of concept thing to show people what they could do with the cards and the camera but it's a little odd they made it with those quests to earn and upgrade the cards and yet don't seem to have carried them over.

And because I can't get the "add to collection" button to work in the actual game I don't even have Spitfire yet. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me