Page 1 of 1
Top 5s for Sky 6?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 14:38:00 07/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Since this has become the hot topic recently, I know we all have hopes for Sky 6, and even ideas, but what would you say would be your top five? And for the record, I mean for the game itself, not anything related to figures like "less variants" or "Spyro needs a new figure because it's his life support".

Mine would be:

5. A story with some darker moments. Not anything TOO dark as this is still a kids game, so nothing like cussing or brutal deaths, but something along the lines of some cartoons nowadays, like Steven Universe or Gravity Falls. Something that offers more character development or emotional weight, even if it's just for one character.

4. A non-Skylanders Academy hub. Although the Skylanders Academy TV series kind of makes me think that once again we'll be visiting it as our hub. It was cool in Trap Team and okay in Superchargers... But honestly, I'm kind of sick of it.

3. Fix Trap Team's balancing issues. So apparently TFB is developing the game, right? Well, let's hope they don't make the VV Skylanders weak as heck again. Because I do really like some of the Superchargers characters and I don't want them to be as pathetic as most of the Swap Force characters in Trap Team.

2. A good chunk of post-game content. Like I would even need to explain this one to any of you.

1. Give each element something to do. Like remember how only Water Skylanders could swim in Spyro's Adventure? Bring that back! Expand on it! Have it so Earth Skylanders can dig up treasure, or Air Skylanders can glide, or Life Skylanders can walk through dangerous plants. Just something, because really there's barely any point of differentiating the elements.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 15:19:44 07/03/2016
5. Ooh yeah less power creep is always good. Characters like Blastermind on TT should've never left QA that useless. All seeing/instantly turning AI is also unfair and fake difficulty.

4. Good writing AND story as well. David set the standards for character development and huge stakes, you can't turn that down anymore.

3. Keep updates and patches. Bug fixes are a welcome addition to SC.

2. Keep the outfit changes - I kid, keep the graphics updates in general. Fix where it's needed (Blades' whirlwind, Traptanium looking like acryllic glass), but the lightning and rendering seem to be the best yet; keeping those instead of starting over should save soo much development time.

1. No bickering with VV's changes, pleeease. Add postgame content back, bring crazy autosave back, whatever, but tive credit where it's due and keep what they did right. This popularity contest has no winners, only the fans losing.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#3 Posted: 20:11:41 07/03/2016
5. PvP Online (single and team), or even some sort of MOBA online. Co op as well, and being able to enter's anyone's game, not only the ones in your friend's list.

4. Darker story as well.

3. Please, no sports gimmick. Do you guys imagine which impact would it have in this community news of this sort? I really don't know if to laugh or cry when I think about it...

2. New playable characters different from anything before (gargoyles, sparrow men, winged dragon knights, superheroes...I know, I know the latter is not everybody's cup of tea and it wouldn't fit in skylands but still, I would love to see original created superheroes for once, I'm tired of the usual avengers and justice league members.)If any skymiibos are gonna be included, please let it be Pit.

1. Technically and artistically improvements. In this sense SSC was, in certain levels, outstanding, would be great to see TFB go a step ahead in this sense, even if it's VV the one who usually break the graphics barrier.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:12:50 07/03/2016 by angelg
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#4 Posted: 20:15:48 07/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Characters like Blastermind on TT should've never left QA that useless.

I need to make a topic soon explaining the differences between QA, developpers, designers, producers, etc.
---
bye
#5 Posted: 20:28:04 07/03/2016
I know the differences, I mean someone in QA should've pointed out no one is going to beat a boss with him. Someone working on the game will get used to damage values(I can attest to that, mystery game project has really bad placeholder values but I always forget), but not someone spending money to get this single character or doing this on a single week.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:29:18 07/03/2016 by Bifrost
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#6 Posted: 21:10:14 07/03/2016
They very likely pointed it out at some point. Here's a possible scenario:

QA: "Hey, Blastermind is struggling against bosses compared to other characters."
Devs: "Is it literally impossible to beat a boss with him?"
QA: "No, but it is very hard."
Devs: "Ok. Hey designer name, should we make him stronger?"
Designer: "No, Blastermind is intended to be good at juggling multiple enemies, but weak against single target like bosses."
Devs: "We won't fix the issue in this case, thanks designer name."
QA: "Alright, case closed."
---
bye
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#7 Posted: 21:18:16 07/03/2016
5. More Cool Updates - Things like Boom 5000 and being able to change the colors on the vehicles really kept me interested in SuperChargers. It gives me something new to do, so I enjoy it! Also, the bug patches that come with it are greatly appreciated.

4. Less Figures, More Content - The reason I love SuperChargers so much is because they really captured this. There's a lot to do in the game, without an overwhelming amount of characters. I found that with Trap Team, the characters were great, but there was one major issue: there weren't enough levels to use ALL those characters efficiently. I found myself running out of things to do with my characters by February. That is not the case with SuperChargers, and I hope they keep it this way.

3. Brink Back And Improve Battle Mode - Not only do I, along with many other fans, want Battle Mode to return, but I seriously want it to be improved. If you're like me, you mostly play Skylanders alone. And I love the idea of Battle Mode, but I never have anyone to play against. That's why they should do with that what they did with racing mode and multiplayer SuperChargers - make an online mode. Imagine being able to do battle with Portal Masters all over the world! How cool would that be?

2. Malefor's Return - Seriously, Toys For Bob, bring him in. You made a totally awesome villain for the series, and a character with that much potential simply cannot go to waste. I don't really care whether he is the main antagonist, an adventure pack villain, or just a one-off bad guy. I would just love him to appear in some form in one of the games.

1. Crash Bandicoot/Spyro Crossover - Just do it already, Activision. Put Crash in Skylanders. We've all been anticipating it for years now, and there's literally not reason not to. You have full ownership over him, and he was literally friends with Spyro in his old games! He also fits the glove for a Skylander. I mean, he would already have a whole moveset planned out for him. Not only that, but other characters in the series would be great to see in Skylanders. Neo Cortex and Kaos working together would be awesome to see. Imagine an adventure pack boss fight with Nitrus Brio, where he drinks a potion like Pop Fizz and becomes a giant Chompy. Also, I'd love to see Ripto or Gnasty Gnorc come to Skylands, just like Malefor did. Imagine in Hunter became a Skylander? Imagine the doors it could open and the potential for the future it could unlock.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#8 Posted: 22:12:58 07/03/2016
Malefor, Malefor, Malefor, Malefor and Malefor. JK

Here's my real list:
5. Definitely have more darker moments. At times they pulled that off well in SC, but I'd like to see more.
4. Honestly, I think it would be cool to have Crash. They've stated that he doesn't fit into the Skylander world before, but with such diversity in the characters, I could really see it fitting. I could see his attacks turning into some pretty cool upgrades. People have been waiting for a long time to see him show up again.
3. A different hub. I think it's getting boring too, I'm not a big fan of how they used it again for SC. I would like there to be a new area again.
2. Character development, mostly with the Skylanders themselves. This could be a pain due to there being so many, making it less likely to happen. Even if it was just with NPCs it would still be pretty neat.
1. Bring in more characters from the Spyro world; this includes Malefor. His Skylander story is pretty well done and I would love it if they somehow explained things that weren't fully explained in the comic. (Such as Malefor saying that he and Spyro fought before.) It would still be great if they didn't, though. If Hunter and others, like villains and such got a part too, that would also be good to see.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#9 Posted: 23:16:54 07/03/2016
5. Use for vehicles and traps (vehicles should give their matching Supercharger the same stat boost as in SC, and traps should change the element of the zone they're in)

4. No huge money-grabbing gimmick... or cores for that matter, let every Skylander feel special!

3. Returning SC features (daily quests and portal master levels and perks)

2. Return of competitive and co-opertive arena modes, and maybe a new and improved Kaos mode.

1. Randomized locations/dungeons. This would benefit Skylanders well since it plays a lot like most dungeons crawlers like Diablo and Tourchlight and would add more replay value.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#10 Posted: 23:17:40 07/03/2016
1) I agree with a darker and more complex story along with more character's development.
SuperChargers has hands down the best of both and I'm really curious to see how TfB will handle the raised storytelling quality.

2) More level diversity.
SuperChargers has been a big improvement from SWAP Force "blandness" but the clever division in chapter wasn't enough to make me forget I still visited about 12/13 unique locations.
Nothing remotely comparable to Trap Team's variety.
An open world would be really appreciated but I think it's not that important.

3) More boss battles.
Another thing I think Trap Team nailed but the concept of the game admittedly helped a lot.
I would like to see old faces as long with new threats especially now that Kaos is technically helping us fight the new forces of Evil.
I really loved seeing Count Moneybone and Chuck again!

4) Less platforming and more dungeon crawling.
I think a lot of the franchise's identinty went lost with the introduction of jumping (and I was one of those asking for it) but it absolutely doesn't need to be removed.
I think they should just shape less the levels around it: jumping is perfect for secret areas and exploration but shouldn't be constantly needed.
Enemies are part of what I mean for "dungeon crawling": the first two game's enemy placings (especially SA) were fantastic and unexpectedly added a lot to the experience.
Sad to say I only noticed it when they became less relevant.

5) What Adam said about elemental specific features.
More unique abilities and less paywalls thanks, Gimmicklanders included.

Let me just say something about the figures since the OP specified they aren't part of what can be in the list.
Trap Team's character's number may have been a bit too high but SuperChargers' definitely too low.
I think 20 is a good compromise (maybe with a couple extras for Light and Dark).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#11 Posted: 02:20:34 08/03/2016
1) make my collection I've been building since Spyro's Adventure USEFUL! Magic items work like they did before, traps allowing villains again, vehicles having some decent use, element gates, dual element gates....stuff for Giants, Swappers, Trap Masters and maybe Superchargers ( special engine themed gates or locks nobody else can use maybe? ). Maybe new levels based on the Adventure items? and the previously mentioned elemental skills...

2) good writing & story, preferably with a new big bad ( Malefor PLEASE )

3) focus on exploration & combat

4) decent number of new characters with few reposes, though a few overhauls like the Superchargers wouldn't be as bad

5) keep Portal Master Powers, especially the path swapping!
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#12 Posted: 09:34:11 08/03/2016
5.Less eye candy, faster game-play, 60 frame rate and more enemies on screen. Since Swap Force huge upgrade with every new Skylander game they were getting more graphic intense, slower and hordes of enemies were getting fewer. Superchargers is pretty much the slowest and fewer enemies on screen. I know it wouldn't happen.

4.Online Multiplayer PVP or Coop. A Moba, VS, Capture the Sheep, Arena or another. A online multiplayer is very wished for me and everybody.

3.Make them special and unique but not overpowered. Elite, Kaos or Trinkets which boost health, attack or money. Aren't fun and for lazy skippers. I know Don't buy this. But this is literally pay2win.

2.Less gimmicks and more deeper core game-play. Skylanders Elements has almost no meaning anymore and reliable to much on gimmicks. I want the core game-play more deeper. I don't know how but the game designer should.

1.Randomized or rogue-lite Elements. Superchargers is the first Skylander game I am playing with randomized elements I love the Daily Quests from Tessa and I want more of these in the next game
#13 Posted: 09:38:37 08/03/2016
This is a kids' game, complaining something is a win button is forgetting how effortless Easy mode is.
---
#14 Posted: 10:52:44 08/03/2016
Ok, I take your bait!

This is a kids' game

Skylanders is a family game which please kids and adults, the same category which also Mario and Sonic are.

complaining something is a win button is forgetting how effortless Easy mode is.

Putting a easy mode and pay2win trinkets, it's the stupid and awesome idea I ever heard. But seriously there are gamers who play for ingame achievements.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:55:10 08/03/2016 by BOOMCAKE
#15 Posted: 11:05:28 08/03/2016
Which are all bragging rights. I'm not baiting, I'm saying some people are into just blazing through a game with 3x stats and mindlessly just to say they did it - hand always over the skip cutscene button even the first time. Might've as well not even play it if you're achievement farming instead of having fun in my opinion, but it's a niche Elites are useful for.
---
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#16 Posted: 11:16:27 08/03/2016
Personally, all I want is a repose for Sunburn and Fright Rider. Otther than that, I just hope they do a good job like Trap Team did. I've lost my hopes a bit after Superchargers, so any improvement is apriciated.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#17 Posted: 00:17:13 09/03/2016
Quote: BOOMCAKE

3.Make them special and unique but not overpowered. Elite, Kaos or Trinkets which boost health, attack or money. Aren't fun and for lazy skippers. I know Don't buy this. But this is literally pay2win.

I actually have a ton of fun using Kaos and the Elites. I don't use them on the first play through, but I think they are rather fun to mess with, especially Kaos.
---
Hahahahaha
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#18 Posted: 15:08:40 09/03/2016
5. Trinkets

4. A Hub that you can explore too much

3. Nicknames

2. PvP Battle Mode

Honoreble Mentions:
New Element
Guest Stars

1. Core Skylanders
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:08 09/03/2016 by AmiiboMaster
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#19 Posted: 16:35:32 09/03/2016
Well, here's my wish list for SKylanders 6!
  • More Light and Dark Element to fill in the other roles (Swapper, Giants, Cores, etc)! The game needs it and I WANT IT!
  • Squad-based, possibly PMD gameplay mode to spice things up and add more dimension.
  • REAL GAME USEFUL INCLUSION OF THE OLDER SIDE MERCHANDISE! We have a butt-load of minis, traps and vehicles, etc. Let's find a GOOD use for them!
  • More Skylander bios. I really enjoyed that as it gives each character a bit of personality.
  • A new villain! Seriously, NO MORE KOAS FLIPFLOPPING!
  • Custom Skylander making/inclusion. How could would it be to have your OC-Lander playing with your favs

Seeing as how this game is a fait accompli, might be a better idea to hold out til Skylanders 7 (God willing)
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#20 Posted: 17:44:31 09/03/2016
5. Online PVP
4. No racing
3. Make traps usefull!
2. Core skylanders!
1. No gimmicklanders
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#21 Posted: 18:09:10 09/03/2016
Might've as well not even play it if you're achievement farming instead of having fun in my opinion, but it's a niche Elites are useful for.

For your knowing I have skylanders on WiiU and Wii, there is no platformwide achievement on nintendo consoles. I just want to play fair that's the fun about gaming.
#22 Posted: 18:26:53 09/03/2016
I know, but there are people out there who also just want to see a 100% completition rating and forget they ever played it and whatever exploits and OP tatics used. There's this one Let's Player that I even enjoy watching but it's a shame whenever they reach their patience threshold and mash the skip/fastfoward buttons with a 'sorry but you'll have to watch elsewhere for the story' because they just want the gameplay pretty much distilled - including Splatoon where the cutscenes not even reach ten minutes(minus credits) total. They haven't played Skylanders yet but just an example.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:28:32 09/03/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#23 Posted: 21:55:43 09/03/2016
Oh yeah didn't add Cores to my list because frankly I take them for granted.
Don't think I have to explain why.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#24 Posted: 03:04:39 10/03/2016
let's see...

1. Bring back battle arenas! it would be a great place to test out new Skylanders. (I wouldn't mind if they are New or returning arenas)

2. make magic items useful again! (missed being able to use them to assist me.,)

3. keep online mode! nuff said.

4. a bigger hub, more like make the academy big again!

5. a secret boss battle! ( I say, Malafor would make a perfect secret boss battle, maybe as a requirement to battle him, he's only fightable in nightmare mode, you must have Cynder, Spyro, and Hex in your collection, and you must complete the story like normal in nightmare mode, then Malafor appears to invite you to face him in his lair.)
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#25 Posted: 11:39:08 13/03/2016
1. Large on foot post game and arenas.
2. Quests and Heroic Challenges or any stat booster.
3. Player VS Player Battle Mode (Online too).
4. Bring back nicknames and the playtime counter.
5. Fully balanced characters.

Extras: No Series 2/3/4/5, Vehicles, Magic Items, Traps and Trophies to be useable as they originally were, something special for 100% completing the game and LightCore features on some characters as normal Cores.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:42:55 13/03/2016 by wreckingballbob
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3408
#26 Posted: 18:34:02 16/03/2016
Battles
Playable Villains
Nicknames
New Gimmicks
smilie and new DOOM RAIDERS!
---
My Watery Warriors: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me