Page 1 of 1
The Saving Issue
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#1 Posted: 23:29:00 06/03/2016 | Topic Creator
It seems like after I hit level 75 and got all of the hats, progress doesn't get saved unless I enter another level. For example, I'll go back to the academy to turn in a quest, get a new quest, then go to the main menu and turn off the game. When I come back, I have to turn in the quest again, and I get a different quest. This is really annoying, and I can't be alone on this.

Is there an easy way to make sure that my progress gets saved before I quit the game?
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#2 Posted: 23:42:50 06/03/2016
The only way of telling that your game is saving is by checking on the rotating circular icon on the upper left hand corner. To make that happen, you can interact with Hugo, Tessa, Panderghast, and Kaos. But make sure the circular icon shows up before choosing "NO". So there's no need to worry.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#3 Posted: 00:04:56 07/03/2016
This happens on Wii U only I think.
---
bye
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 00:09:23 07/03/2016
Quote: newkill

And you only find out after you miss chunks of progress. Other games were a LOT more trigger happy(heh) about autosave so it's quite a shock when you get certain things in the hub that don't save like hats when before you'd almost get lag spikes from Eon's icon appearing over and over if the console was running for too long.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:09:42 07/03/2016 by Bifrost
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#5 Posted: 03:35:35 07/03/2016

Of COURSE it has to be Wii U... ugh, why do Nintendos have to have all the problems >.>
---
Purple dragon.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#6 Posted: 03:36:32 07/03/2016
Quote: Sboy13

Of COURSE it has to be Wii U... ugh, why do Nintendos have to have all the problems >.>

ps4 does what nintendont
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#7 Posted: 17:09:30 07/03/2016
Quote: Badwolfmichael

ps4 does what nintendont

YOU CAN'T DO THIS ON WII U! 1080P 60 FPS ACTION
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#8 Posted: 23:06:19 07/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersspyro
Quote: Badwolfmichael

ps4 does what nintendont

YOU CAN'T DO THIS ON WII U! 1080P 60 FPS ACTION

Okay guys, no reason to turn this into a console war; it will get ugly. But hearing about this and what Bifrost said about the other ports I'm definitely getting rid of my Wii U copy now. Only because it is apparent that Activison nor any two of the developers actually care about their Nintendo audience (their biggest demographic!) This issue could have been patched months ago, but it's not the hardware's fault, its the developers because to my knowledge this is the only Wii U game with this issue. Not sure how you screw up something as simple as autosaving, or hey, why not a manual save option?

Sorry, I rambled a bit. This is just a slap to the face considering the Nintendo exclusive Skymiibos...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#9 Posted: 23:13:52 07/03/2016
By other games, I mean TT and back even WiiU version, not other versions of SC. Those I have no idea about.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#10 Posted: 23:20:59 07/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
By other games, I mean TT and back even WiiU version, not other versions of SC. Those I have no idea about.

I figured you meant all of the Wii U Skylanders ports in general, that's what i meant by other games.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#11 Posted: 00:25:58 08/03/2016
This issue happened to me on the PS4 version of trap team too, (and wii U trap team). I have had this issue on every main version of skylanders after giants. Also happens to me on Wii U superchargers (did not buy PS4 superchargers because no bowser lol).
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#12 Posted: 04:17:02 10/03/2016
I have a Wii U and so far that's not happened.. well missing 1 hat but yeah.

However, I have noticed a few times where my gold isn't saving to the skylander... well parts of it. Usually happens when I take it off the portal due to Upgrade/gold grinding, but not that I take it off like super fast either.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me