Page 1 of 1
The revamped remake skylanders
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#1 Posted: 20:52:34 06/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Is it safe to say that every one of the revamped older skylanders are better than their original versions in terms of gameplay? I only own 3 but I feel they are generally better, especially the new gill grunt, the original was so basic and boring but this new one is a monster! Any others that are no doubt better than their original forms?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#2 Posted: 21:09:00 06/03/2016
Deep Dive Gill Grunt is my favorite character in Superchargers. I also think that all the revamped are slightly or significantly better than the originals, but the originals are still worth it considering how diffirent they can be (Super Shot Stealth Elf barely do any ninja stuff).
---
bye
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#3 Posted: 22:21:37 06/03/2016
I only have a couple but as much as I like Super Shot Stealth Elf I don't think she's anywhere near as good as the original.

I assume that both versions will be supported in Skylanders 6. I wonder if they intend doing any more revamps like this?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 22:28:45 06/03/2016
I prefer those over S2, but not as gimmicky or super form-y, we have Legendaries and Lightcore already for those. Something like them attempting to train new abilities for variety would make the characters feel much more real - would Hex really be interested in throwing skulls and balls for decades just because it works? She'd probably look for different spells to change things around every now and then.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 22:49:32 06/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
I prefer those over S2, but not as gimmicky or super form-y, we have Legendaries and Lightcore already for those. Something like them attempting to train new abilities for variety would make the characters feel much more real - would Hex really be interested in throwing skulls and balls for decades just because it works? She'd probably look for different spells to change things around every now and then.

That would be awesome but they shouldn't force us to buy more figures.
There isn't a single reason why "old" characters shouldn't be able to gain those powers in-game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#6 Posted: 22:53:30 06/03/2016
Balance reasons. If you released extra paths for 10 old figures,everyone would complain they have more variety than the others that didn't. New figures at least force you to go after something entirely different.

Though I do wish there was still an update to the Flight mechanic to free up upgrade slots for some charge/combo moves and just leave that to double jump.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#7 Posted: 23:31:54 06/03/2016
The only two revamped remake Skylanders from SSC I like so far are Bone Bash Roller Brawl and Deep Dive Gill Grunt.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#8 Posted: 00:15:35 07/03/2016
I think smilie smilie smilie smilie & smilie are much better while smilie has become a horrible close-up fighter, smilie a weak ranged fighter & smilie isn't a ninja anymore and that's what made her awesome.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#9 Posted: 01:34:55 07/03/2016
The only one I prefer over the original (from a design standpoint and from what I have read of attacks) is DD Gill Grunt.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 02:57:07 07/03/2016
Better- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie

Worse- smilie smilie
#11 Posted: 03:10:05 07/03/2016
Balance reasons. If you released extra paths for 10 old figures,everyone would complain they have more variety than the others that didn't. New figures at least force you to go after something entirely different.

Though I do wish there was still an update to the Flight mechanic to free up upgrade slots for some charge/combo moves and just leave that to double jump.

That would be another great thing.
I'm actually talking about one single new upgrade per game (and maybe not even for all the characters).

For example, they could start adding an upgrade for 8 SA Skylanders in the sixth game, and then 8 more for the seventh and so on.
Or they could create those upgrades only for the characters that would have otherwise been reposed.

Of course the perfect thing would be having one upgrade for each exsisting Skylander in every new game from now on but that would be crazy difficult to do.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:11:43 07/03/2016 by Drek95
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#12 Posted: 07:42:48 07/03/2016

This would be a great way to introduce character growth without having it in-game.
Are the comics still going? They could even use that or the upcoming show to tie an arc in that results in the next game's "series +1" toy.
For example, Skylanders Spyro takes a lot after LoS's as far as backstory concerning the element usage. What if he learns to use the other elements other than just his fire breath? It would certainly help him be more "magic" than "sparkles when he flies."
---
#all Spyros are valid
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#13 Posted: 23:32:15 07/03/2016
I just fell like hurricane jet vac didn't change AT ALL!!! He is definitely my least favorite revamp for this game, but I still prefer hurricane over his normal.
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#14 Posted: 08:28:46 08/03/2016
I think the revamps are more diverse in their abilities then the originals , but they are not necessarily better. Except of course the new gill grunt lol .

Like ^ I don't feel like jet vac is much different but he does have more attack options.
they should've gotten rid of his vacuum gun and given him some giant artificial wings and given him flying attacks or something to make him new.

The changes made to eruptor , stealth elf and shark fin were pretty necessary though. I'm not the only one that's noticed the game favouring characters with projectiles in the last few instalments . Characters like these and slam bam ( fingers crossed for a revamp smilie )that required close combat just arnt designed for the games these days. . The classics are great in the old games, but without projectiles they really fall short ( just try playing the TT chaos doom challenge with them).
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#15 Posted: 09:42:29 08/03/2016
I agree with B-BOB358.
Jet-Vac aside (which I honestly feel like he simply received a new fancy armor in the end) I think all the revamped SuperChargers are quite cool and have interesting new moves.

Does that makes them better then their older counterparts...?
Possible but it isn't any different than comparing X to Y.
I am one of the ones saying they are still the same character but that being said the movesets themselves have almost nothing to do with the original Skylanders and would have worked just fine for brand new creatures.

It's almost like if the said "Mmmh... Don't like Gill Grunt and Terrafin's original playstyle, let's change them entirely while still keeping a signature ability so that fans can still recognize they favorite characters!".
As if the faces under the suites weren't enough...

I also agree with new games favouring ranged Skylanders and that's not a good thing to me: SA and Giants weren't as unbalanced and I'd say SWAP Force wasn't as well.
I know one of the key factors of the series is changing character to adapt to the various situations but so is the possibility of completing the main Story with just a single character.

Turning old melee characters into ranged ones isn't the soluction, the games have to change not the Skylanders.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#16 Posted: 13:32:49 08/03/2016
The only ones revamped skylanders I mained through this game were Stealth Elf and Roller Brawl. I prefer original Stealth Elf but Roller Brawl.... this has been one of my favorites since Swap Force and her New Revamped is also a whole lot of fun and I still don't want to say better because I miss her auto skating around but some changes were just awesome.
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#17 Posted: 13:41:16 08/03/2016
In my opinion, only Deep Dive Gill grunt made a noticable impact on me, otther than that, I've not been impressed .
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#18 Posted: 20:13:51 08/03/2016
Yeah, I don't think the newer Roller Brawl is better. I don't know about any of the others because I don't own them.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me