darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Elephant In The Room- Power Blues + Autism Speaks
Page 1 of 1
Elephant In The Room- Power Blues + Autism Speaks
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 02:42:25 05/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I thought i'd make this so you can direct your discussions about the morality of activision's charitable attempts here..
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#2 Posted: 04:06:45 05/03/2016
I'm buying them because they are nice looking variants (and I simply collect every Skylander that can be found at retail anyway).

I'm not gonna skip them based on the charity they are linked to.
---
bye
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#3 Posted: 04:30:01 05/03/2016
I think Activision has good intentions with this whole charity thing, but they didn't do their research on the company. Many people I know have heard of Autism Speaks but not what they really stand for: silencing autistic minds.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4 Posted: 05:24:57 05/03/2016
If they do any charity variants again, I hope they pick Make A Wish.
IIRC, TFB already worked with them during Giants.
---
#all Spyros are valid
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#5 Posted: 10:01:46 05/03/2016
I like the Power Blue Variants

I like that they did another charity variant again.

But...

WHY AUTISM SPEAKS???!!!!
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#6 Posted: 11:25:43 05/03/2016
UncleBob and Defpally probably said it best on the figures' actual topic. Acti already donated to them, doesn't seem to matter if you get the figures or not, but make sure to raise awareness that it's a pretty bad organization.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#7 Posted: 13:11:55 05/03/2016
Quote: newkill
I'm buying them because they are nice looking variants (and I simply collect every Skylander that can be found at retail anyway).

I'm not gonna skip them based on the charity they are linked to.

This is just what I'm doing. I'm getting them purely out of interest. I would still have got them even if they weren't partnered with the charity. I see that as just an added bonus.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#8 Posted: 13:49:13 05/03/2016
Quote: Okaps
If they do any charity variants again, I hope they pick Make A Wish.
IIRC, TFB already worked with them during Giants.

Make a Wish was for a girl creating the SABRINA heroic challenge in the game,including the Capybara King, and the gibberish in the Gecko Chorus song. Only thing I actually recall Chris at TFB ever posting here :I
Definately was a good collaboration, and it grew to be the most popular of all challenges, too!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:49:44 05/03/2016 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#9 Posted: 14:56:00 05/03/2016
morality? As I said, having a charitable contribution effort is always better than not. Anything after that is determining shades of grey. I really don't care what anyone's opinions of the charity are. The only exception is if the charity were a hate group or something extremely obvious that would be repulsive. Bottom line, it was a good effort, even if as poorly executed as their figure delivery mechanism. smilie

I mean, I know everyone with a keyboard feels the need to weigh in on everything these days; I just think there are better uses of our time.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:08:26 05/03/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#10 Posted: 15:25:40 05/03/2016
Dunno,with the sheer lack of news here, discussion that doesn't get heated is welcomed for me :U
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#11 Posted: 16:16:01 05/03/2016
inb4 Skylanders 6 has Animal Rights variants and they partner with PETA.

AKA the same organization that compared riding a domestic horse to rape.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#12 Posted: 16:55:10 05/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: AdamGregory03
inb4 Skylanders 6 has Animal Rights variants and they partner with PETA.

AKA the same organization that compared riding a domestic horse to rape.

If they made PETA variants.... WTF
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#13 Posted: 17:14:52 05/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Dunno,with the sheer lack of news here, discussion that doesn't get heated is welcomed for me :U

Well, I could be a super Autism Speaks fan. I could bet it "could" get heated. If any two people have an opinion on the internets, it will surely spark a flame.

Anywho, flame on and all that. I'm just as apathetic about this as I am about SC.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:15:53 05/03/2016 by TakeYourLemons
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#14 Posted: 23:41:01 05/03/2016
I had mentioned in some other thread here that I wouldn't care if a Satanic cult had slapped their name on that Splat, I would still be buying one. I mean, I bought a PB Splat today for $6.50 during the Gamestop fire sale, but how much of every blue figure actually goes back to this "evil" charity? A dollar? For all I know, the deal was probably done over a year ago and it wouldn't matter if the figure sells or sits on a peg, they probably already got their money.

But, assuming that some of my money does go back to them, it probably equates to about .000000000001% of their total efforts for the year? In my eyes, it's foolish to worry about the idea that I supported a .000000000001% of some shady company.

Additionally, I simply cannot wrap my head around the fact that people believe I'm supporting a company because I bought a cross branded item. Am I in support of Frito Lay, Kid Cuisine, General Mills or McDonalds because of some Skylanders cross-promotion? Nope! Just give me my cross-branded Skylanders crap and I'll gladly continue to ignore your company once your cross-promotion ends.

To me, it's just a Skylanders item that I'm getting. Because I own a blue Skylander doesn't mean I support Autism Speaks, it means I own a blue Skylander and nothing more. I couldn't care what Activisions does as a business, that's their worry and not mine. As long as I continue to get my Skylander fix, I'm a happy camper. LOL!
---
Stay Cool!
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#15 Posted: 00:09:09 06/03/2016
Thinking more abstractly about it... People fight. There is beauty in destruction. What will the result of blue skylanders be? I see a lot of happy people on darkSpyro. Maybe it's an inner fight. "**** you, I like my power blues!" is fine by me.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#16 Posted: 07:37:22 06/03/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I think Activision has good intentions with this whole charity thing, but they didn't do their research on the company. Many people I know have heard of Autism Speaks but not what they really stand for: silencing autistic minds.

I fall into this, I never looked into the charity past its awareness to Autism but after reading some articles online I see your point. If anything this has made me aware of that fact.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#17 Posted: 08:27:56 06/03/2016
I wonder if some parents will not buy the Power Blue or confiscate them not because of Autism Speaks itself, but because they learn their kids are laughing at autistic kids at school smilie
---
bye
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#18 Posted: 09:49:47 06/03/2016
Can't have an opinion on this subject, really. Never heard of this organization before.

What I can say though is that I like a lot the look of these variants.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me