Page 1 of 1
Where did SuperChargers go?
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#1 Posted: 23:20:40 03/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I mean, I feel like it was only yesterday that I was grabbing wave 1 off the shelves of stores.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 23:22:26 03/03/2016
It's right there in your CD/hard drive if you got it. Shouldn't be hard to miss.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
G2nt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1130
#3 Posted: 23:23:55 03/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
It's right there in your CD/hard drive if you got it. Shouldn't be hard to miss.

Sarcy *******
rofl
---
Boop!
#4 Posted: 23:43:09 03/03/2016
Quote: G2nt

Sarcy *******
rofl

When I post serious you get upset,when I funpost you get upset, it's hard to please :C
---
G2nt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1130
#5 Posted: 23:45:17 03/03/2016
Quote: G2nt

Sarcy *******
rofl

When I post serious you get upset,when I funpost you get upset, it's hard to please :C

No way, funposts are yes
---
Boop!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 00:08:12 04/03/2016
Inside its case.
Will probably still play it a couple times once I'll get Thrillipede.

Then I'll be super ready for Skylanders 6 announcement.
Overall I'm sad to say this was a year to forget.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 07:10:19 04/03/2016
A better question would be, where did all the people who were genuinely positive for SuperChargers go?

I was a bit negative myself when I had first heard about the racing theme, but I tried to be fair about it and not spread any venom about it until I played it. I couldn't bad mouth it even if I wanted to as 95% of the people here were so hyped about it and any negativity was greatly frowned upon.

Then we all played the game. It's not exactly a horrible game but I didn't feel it was something to throw them under a bus over either. It was merely OK for me, yet a lot of people still somehow seemed to really like the game. I'm wondering, where has all those people gone off to? Are all that's left are the jaded die hard fans?

What's worrisome is that the angst and sourness seems to be growing more and more every day. I mean...I felt quite ashamed for not liking SuperChargers all that much at the start. Now I feel ashamed for not hating it enough...either way, I feel sad that no one seems at all positive about it any more. That it's become such a nightmare that no one has anything positive to say about it anymore.
---
Stay Cool!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#8 Posted: 08:14:47 04/03/2016
Time passes really fast, that's for sure.

Kind of agree with you fairyland, I think SSC was a good game overall, but certain decisions (mainly making vehicles sections compulsory, diminishing on foot gameplay style and lack of post game content) made it look worse than it should. Fortunately that's the kind of things that can be fixed for next installments.

Probably the people who were eager about it at the beginning were people who got hyped with all the anouncements that took place before release, and once they beat the game they left, not because the game was bad but rather because is a quite frequent behaviour in general (once the novelty is gone, gone is as well the interest).

With the official annoucement of sky 6, we'll probably see that positivity around here again.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#9 Posted: 09:37:59 04/03/2016
It was fun, don't get me wrong with the complaints, it just started leaving a bad taste in my mouth after completing with the lack of content. Not regretting spending those 50 dollars yet.
---
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#10 Posted: 10:15:15 04/03/2016
One thing that can be said for it is that unlike some of the earlier games at least they're not trying to get you to buy every toy. You can get through with a single land, sea and sky vehicle. But I think the positive people have started to realise there's a lack of replayability about this game. Not enough fighting to warrant buying more Skylanders which seemed to be what kept a lot of fans on this site playing the earlier games over and over again.
xboxfanuk Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#11 Posted: 13:40:32 04/03/2016
In my view the levels are a breath of fresh air. The Academy is awesome. The vehicles and racing are cool. But ALL they needed to do is add a decent arena mode and I think people would forgive the vehicle focus.
---
Friend me on Xbox One - GT: Xboxfanuk

Would love to co-op Superchargers.
#12 Posted: 13:47:06 04/03/2016
Nope, just a few arena challenges you complete once except for grinding isn't enough, that'd just put it back to TT level of replay value. We need actual daily things or challenges to keep playing that aren't doing the levels again and again.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#13 Posted: 13:49:30 04/03/2016
Quote: fairyland
A better question would be, where did all the people who were genuinely positive for SuperChargers go?.

In general this community has very much shrunk. In addition, those that were positive about the game slowly because disenfranchised when they were left with little replay value after a couple of weeks---so many changed their perspective.

No one doubts the graphics and story are the two best features of the game--it's also one of the only good things as it turns out.
#14 Posted: 15:01:44 04/03/2016
That and the bickering/drought scared a good bunch of the casual people who don't mind much away. I see some people show up in S&N that otherwise stayed all day long here. Can't blame them,sometimes I don't know how I don't give up eventually and leave the board until the announcement comes.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:02:14 04/03/2016 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 15:23:10 04/03/2016
It's in my wii u. I haven't touched it in a while.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#16 Posted: 17:28:41 04/03/2016
I'm still here, I just take lengthy breaks from this forum sometimes because there's nothing to really talk about and I get bored. I'm actually not finished with SuperChargers yet (I play at a slower pace than most of the people here, lol). Plus, I still need to get my Spitfire and Hot Streak. which are really the only two things left that I'm excited for at this point.

I do agree though that this game would have been better with more things to do besides racing. I know that there are daily quests, but I don't think I've gotten to that part of the game yet. The only quests that I can get right now are from Buzz.
---
Purple dragon.
#17 Posted: 18:34:40 04/03/2016
Quote: Sboy13
I'm still here, I just take lengthy breaks from this forum sometimes because there's nothing to really talk about and I get bored. I'm actually not finished with SuperChargers yet (I play at a slower pace than most of the people here, lol). Plus, I still need to get my Spitfire and Hot Streak. which are really the only two things left that I'm excited for at this point.

I do agree though that this game would have been better with more things to do besides racing. I know that there are daily quests, but I don't think I've gotten to that part of the game yet. The only quests that I can get right now are from Buzz.

The problem with the quests is they are simply things to do within the levels you've already played, are random. The only sneaky thing is the fact that one of your last collectible has to be obtained from playing one of the Bandit quests.

The quests wore thin for me personally.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#18 Posted: 18:43:04 04/03/2016
Well, I mean, Superchargers still exists... It's not like it just vanished off the face of the Earth...
I'm just taking your question literally for the sake of comedy.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#19 Posted: 18:44:30 04/03/2016
Yeah, if it was randomly generated assets it'd probably be fine,but the only one that does that is the Bandit Train quests and they're extremely glitchy(several of the assets not in the main levels don't even make noise and the dark levels are tiresomely plentiful). Everything else? Punch 50 of that thing you find in this level, beat this supersized enemy on Battlebrawl, fight this (sometimes single) wave of car enemies. It's nothing really new,it just makes grinding slightly easier.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#20 Posted: 19:40:59 04/03/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
A better question would be, where did all the people who were genuinely positive for SuperChargers go?.

In general this community has very much shrunk. In addition, those that were positive about the game slowly because disenfranchised when they were left with little replay value after a couple of weeks---so many changed their perspective.

I do admit that the replay value for this game was very minimal for myself as well. I was hardcore on it for about 2 weeks and then it sat untouched until Splat was released. I then played it for a few hours with just her and it made me remember how much I really don't like the racing aspect of it all and I reallzed that I don't really want to be playing this anymore even with Splat or the then upcoming Roller Brawl. Naturally I've not touched SC since then and I'm holding onto my new figures for the upcoming game.

It's a shame that new figs doesn't motivate me to pop the game in again. That happened last year with Batspin and Echo, but honestly it took me a few months to get really sick and tired of Trap Team mostly because it took me forever to get a Kaos Trap which broke the game and made it way too easy. SuperChargers took a couple weeks because just about everything was just about handed to me early and easily, thus leaving no motivation to replay after a fairly short while and nothing to look forward to. I never cared about unlocking additional tracks and that's really all that there was aside from new figs.

Come to think of it, I think that the racing aspect was supposed to keep people going and hooked onto SuperChargers, much like how insane the Mario Kart 8 fandom is. Obviously this didn't happen at all. I'm not sure why. Is it subpar to Mario Kart 8 in lots of ways? Or just too much of a hybrid game to get most people interested (racing fans and the normal Skylander adventuring fans)? Almost a year ago I was afraid this game would really take off and we'd have a SuperChargers 2 game in 2017 with far less adventuring. Obviously that won't happen now. LOL!
---
Stay Cool!
#21 Posted: 19:57:26 04/03/2016
There are 4 tracks per terrain. That keeps very few people's interest. Racing has more,but then it's the "worse" game despite being better in vehicle controls.
---
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#22 Posted: 21:13:03 04/03/2016
Is it subpar to Mario Kart 8 in lots of ways? Or just too much of a hybrid game to get most people interested (racing fans and the normal Skylander adventuring fans)?

Subpar to Mario Kart 8? No! Subpar to Sonic & All-stars racing transformed? Yes!

Mario Kart 8 has a very unbalanced character/kart roster, a butchered combat mode and it's more a fun racers then serious one. Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed is closer to Superchargers and more serious.

But SuperChargers has the best vehicle combat. It's just the content like everybody here is saying, which is too little.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:15:40 04/03/2016 by BOOMCAKE
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#23 Posted: 22:02:28 04/03/2016
I feel like this is the quickest that time has passed for any game in the series. I don't know if it's because there are less characters, (cause vehicles) but it feels really weird.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#24 Posted: 22:18:14 04/03/2016
fairyland, your telling of how you played the game and how the game doesn't motivate replay for new figures matches my experiences to a T. I'm sure part of it is how the game was designed and the other is the general format of the game is also getting old.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#25 Posted: 16:08:05 05/03/2016
Quote: Drawdler
The trash can. Feel free to visit it any time!

ROTFLMAO!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#26 Posted: 02:00:03 06/03/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Drawdler
The trash can. Feel free to visit it any time!

ROTFLMAO!

[User Posted Image]

-----
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#27 Posted: 02:34:58 06/03/2016
It's still here. it's still good. It's enjoyable.

But please, activision......

just give us the buzz wing and thrillipede and be done with it... Your constant fire sales and rushed waves is a sure sign you want this to end..

so please... just end it.
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#28 Posted: 19:35:31 06/03/2016
Let's be clear... these aren't sales by Activision. These are retailer sales. There is a difference there. As for the time, we've loved our time collecting and playing! It's been a blast! First release day/cycle for us, so it's been a lot of fun hunting! For some perspective, we started with Trap Team at the end of April '15. Since then, we've gotten every game, and at least one version of a vast majority of the characters from the games. I believe we're down to needing 29 total left. (This 9nly counts 1 of each character, not the abundance of variants, also counting the reconfigured Superchargers and Guest Stars as separate characters). This past year has been a lot of fun collecting. The kids and I have enjoyed it every step of the way!
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me