Page 1 of 1
Will Sky 6 be on Wii?
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#1 Posted: 02:52:53 03/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I hope not.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#2 Posted: 03:27:45 03/03/2016
Activision needs to stop making anymore Wii games. Seriously, the Wii became obsolete the day that the Wii U came out.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 03:34:27 03/03/2016
God please no
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 03:42:21 03/03/2016
With the NX coming out, and with Sky6 most likely being a launch title for the NX, I think even Acti would realize that the market for the Wii is pretty much done.

...But I also wouldn't be surprised if they wound up doing it anyway.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 03:46:04 03/03/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
With the NX coming out, and with Sky6 most likely being a launch title for the NX, I think even Acti would realize that the market for the Wii is pretty much done.

Sky 6's wii edition is pretty much gonna be some horse crap in a box
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#6 Posted: 04:04:02 03/03/2016
They sold more Superchargers Starter Packs on Wii than Xbox One, and Wii represents about 11% of the total sales for Superchargers (Source). It's hard to tell if they gonna do a port of the 3DS spin-off again, or drop it completely. With NX supposedly coming at the end of the year, it's really time to let go of Wii in my opinion.
---
bye
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 04:12:45 03/03/2016
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Activision needs to stop making anymore Wii games. Seriously, the Wii became obsolete the day that the Wii U came out.

Wii sold 200k copies this year. I'd argue we are at that point now.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 04:26:11 03/03/2016
I think there's a chance we'll see something more like we did with SuperChargers - apartial version (maybe based off the 3DS version). It's still a good seller. Sadly, packing Dark Bowser exclusively with the Wii version and Bowser initially being exclusive to the Wii/3DS versions probably boosted the Wii version's sales a bit - making it even harder to justify dropping the SKU.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#9 Posted: 13:28:18 03/03/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

another skylanders racing game most likely.. so yes its gonna be some horse crap in a box.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#10 Posted: 13:34:11 03/03/2016
If they never repeat gimmicks how in the world is it going to be racing? At this point you really feel like you live in another dimension with other rules for the series and not just flamebaiting.

That they can make a Wii version the answer is yes, the question is should they do that and not just have less versions to worry about. No patches, worse graphics, loses the point of portable short session from the 3DS version, and the dev time could be used for QA instead of porting.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:37:16 03/03/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#11 Posted: 14:20:59 03/03/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: ZapNorris

another skylanders racing game most likely.. so yes its gonna be some horse crap in a box.

Even if they did, why would it be another racing game? Some other kind of spin-off I could understand, like "Skylanders Party" or something, but why would they go with another racing game when they already did that?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#12 Posted: 14:26:36 03/03/2016
Maybe he meant something relatively easy to code / design / build so even a third rate developer can handle it.
#13 Posted: 15:28:33 03/03/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Maybe he meant something relatively easy to code / design / build so even a third rate developer can handle it.

So, you mean >insert TFB or VV, based on your preferences here< then?

;)
#14 Posted: 15:36:46 03/03/2016
I think that was toward Beenox, who despite being part of the cycling devs(though their own way) makes rookie mistakes every game and screws up QA while they're at it sometimes.

Still not over the utter butchering of some model ports in Racing. Fire Viper(s) and Nightfall especially.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:37:48 03/03/2016 by Bifrost
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#15 Posted: 15:38:14 03/03/2016
Very likely, they stop doing a separate one. Many wii customers a ranting because is a different game despite it's say RACING and the competitions didn't produce a 3ds or Wii version.
#16 Posted: 15:47:36 03/03/2016
Quote: BOOMCAKE
Very likely, they stop doing a separate one. Many wii customers a ranting because is a different game despite it's say RACING and the competitions didn't produce a 3ds or Wii version.

That's just people not wanting to read. All other versions but those two lack the subtitle and have different boxart, and iirc turning around the box shows different gameplay screenshots. Acti could l've made it easier to notice but even then we'd get people that buy without looking then try to put the blame on someone else, just like the Skymiibo packs.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:54 03/03/2016 by Bifrost
#17 Posted: 16:59:39 03/03/2016
Considering people didn't realize the 3DS version was different as far back as Spyro's Adventure, I'd say Activision could do a better job at making the side-titles stand out.

*No one* thought Battlegrounds was Giants for iOS. It was quite obvious it was a totally different title.
#18 Posted: 17:12:43 03/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: BOOMCAKE

That's just people not wanting to read. All other versions but those two lack the subtitle and have different boxart, and iirc turning around the box shows different gameplay screenshots. Acti could l've made it easier to notice but even then we'd get people that buy without looking then try to put the blame on someone else, just like the Skymiibo packs.

Yeah, but those simple (or lazy) customers are still increasing. Even in other sections people just buy what is hype without knowing what they are buying. A clarified marketing wouldn't work well for those peoples.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#19 Posted: 18:09:43 03/03/2016
If they're making 3DS one, chances are pretty high that they would make it for Wii. Why not? They sell it like crap, and now that they just port the 3DS ones, I just can't see why not.
---
Bruh
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#20 Posted: 19:56:45 03/03/2016
No especially with the Nitendo NXT coming
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#21 Posted: 21:01:38 03/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Snap Shot
No especially with the Nitendo NXT coming

Well, Activision loves money....
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#22 Posted: 22:06:07 03/03/2016

correct.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#23 Posted: 17:02:15 04/03/2016
Highly doubt it at this point. I was already surprised enough that they even released Trap Team and SuperChargers for the Wii. And plus, like other people said, NX is probably going to be announced this year, so it's probably time for Acti to just let go of the Wii. They're turning it into the PS2.
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:02:33 04/03/2016 by Sboy13
#24 Posted: 18:30:52 04/03/2016
Quote: UncleBob

smilie

They are suffering from bad design choices made above their level--they are very competent developers and I love them both.
#25 Posted: 20:40:41 04/03/2016
They are suffering from bad design choices made above their level--they are very competent developers and I love them both.

Oh, I have nothing against either one of them. I was just making a joke on how a significant part of the forum seems to love one while hating the other. ;)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#26 Posted: 20:43:32 04/03/2016
Quote: UncleBob

smilie

I agree I highly doubt most of the bad desicions for TT and SSC were made by TfB and VV. I think Acti is responsible for nearly all of them. IMHO, I think they're two of the best game developers in the Western world.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#27 Posted: 21:16:25 04/03/2016
They're good but I wouldn't put them THAT high up. They're handling one franchise that's pretty much a shared brainchild,but who knows what they'd do with something out of their comfort zone. There are still some high level indies and AAA guys that can work under pressure like it's no problem.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#28 Posted: 23:36:14 04/03/2016

I might be guessing, but it's because it was the original way to obtain Hammer Slam Bowser and his Clown Cruiser. The same goes for the Dark Editions as well. But ever since they became available as SuperCharged Combo Packs, Wii versions are practically being unsold recently.
blastermindROB Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#29 Posted: 03:07:10 05/03/2016
here is a follow up question, will sky6 be on xbox 360
---
"Kaigan: Grimm! (Door creaking open) Kokoro no door! Hiraku dōwa! (Suspenseful music; pages flapping)"
#30 Posted: 07:53:15 05/03/2016
Quote: blastermindROB
here is a follow up question, will sky6 be on xbox 360

Very likely, yes! According to vgchartz it's the second most sold version.

Thanks for remind me about Microsoft, maybe we will see a skylander coming back on PC( exactly for Windows 10 only) if activision insist doing one. Xbox One and Windows 10 is getting unified.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:03:04 05/03/2016 by BOOMCAKE
xboxfanuk Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#31 Posted: 09:42:00 05/03/2016
With the NX being launched this year I don't think even Nintendo wants Skylanders on the Wii. I believe this is the year they leave it behind. Perhaps even the 3DS too.
---
Friend me on Xbox One - GT: Xboxfanuk

Would love to co-op Superchargers.
#32 Posted: 14:54:38 05/03/2016

I might be guessing, but it's because it was the original way to obtain Hammer Slam Bowser and his Clown Cruiser. The same goes for the Dark Editions as well. But ever since they became available as SuperCharged Combo Packs, Wii versions are practically being unsold recently.

100% agreed.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#33 Posted: 22:00:53 05/03/2016
Also I've noticed a bunch of parents on the net who are pissed that the Wii only got a spinoff instead of the main game. Putting aside the fact that Wii owners should be glad to get ANY new games at this point, is it really worth Activision's time to put out another spinoff on the Wii when it's just gonna piss more Wii-only parents off? Better to just give them nothing since that's clearly what they'd rather have.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me