First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
No Skylanders Booth at E3?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#51 Posted: 20:32:35 02/03/2016
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: TakeYourLemons
fyi, Swap Force on the verge of 6 million. SC has yet to crack 2 million. I think it's safe to say people are "over" skylanders. Trap Team has recovered nicely and is at least at 4million+ territory. SF to TT was 30% less, and SC to date is 50% less than TT sales. Nice downward slope, Activision.

These numbers seem believable, but I didn't think Activision had released any updated Skylanders sales figures of late. Have they? Is there any indication if these numbers include digital downloads?

No new 4 billion poster yet lol. I expect digital downloads to be negligible, like their failed iOS/mobile strategy.

In general, Activision got a swift kick in the RFID chip this year with TTL.

I don't expect ANY announcement on Sky anything until late May early June. I'm wondering if Battlecast is going to suffer now as a consequence.

Skylanders has suffered from too much of a good thing. The soul of the franchise is being lost with game mechanics that move it away from its core strength, and we need game mechanic changes to keep it fresh. Kinda sounds contrarian to me.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 20:38:12 02/03/2016 by TakeYourLemons
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#52 Posted: 20:50:45 02/03/2016
fyi, Swap Force on the verge of 6 million. SC has yet to crack 2 million. I think it's safe to say people are "over" skylanders. Trap Team has recovered nicely and is at least at 4million+ territory. SF to TT was 30% less, and SC to date is 50% less than TT sales. Nice downward slope, Activision.

These numbers seem believable, but I didn't think Activision had released any updated Skylanders sales figures of late. Have they? Is there any indication if these numbers include digital downloads?

No new 4 billion poster yet lol. I expect digital downloads to be negligible, like their failed iOS/mobile strategy.

In general, Activision got a swift kick in the RFID chip this year with TTL.

I don't expect ANY announcement on Sky anything until late May early June. I'm wondering if Battlecast is going to suffer now as a consequence.

Skylanders has suffered from too much of a good thing. The soul of the franchise is being lost with game mechanics that move it away from its core strength, and we need game mechanic changes to keep it fresh. Kinda sounds contrarian to me.

Lemon, you are on point! So true
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#53 Posted: 20:59:48 02/03/2016
Well of course. When gimmick overtake the actual core gameplay, you kinda lose the latter. You can have a bear that's not dancing but just the dance is nothing. It's still there in SC thankfully but it's better the wake up call was now than during Skylanders Sportsball 2017.

And that's constructive criticism. I won't wallow in how woe is the franchise after it. That's too much W.
On Battlecast, if it's not the sales, something else is up they're not telling. Someome finally posted post update footage on youtube, it looks beautiful and runs so much smoother! Then why is it being held back along with the cards?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#54 Posted: 21:00:22 02/03/2016

This isn't a Skylanders-specific issue. Any franchise has this problem. If they don't do anything new. then it's a rehas of the last game. If they try something new, then they're straying too far from the formula. It's a delecate balance. Some franchises manage it, some don't.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#55 Posted: 21:06:51 02/03/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
I will say this. And this shows what Acti is pulling when it comes to consumer confidence. I had gotten these three traps locally. I paid over 100 each to someone I assume got them from overseas. They ended up not working. Without going too far into the story, I can say that I threw them away, seeing as their website doesn't state needing to return them like figures need to be returned. I call a week after throwing them away. They say I can't get any without sending them back, yet people were calling and getting them for free, and mine needed actual replacing. I contact Acitivision Support. Was told the same thing. I say "well if people can call and get them for free, why can't I get my broke ones replaced without mailing them back?" Guess what? I was ignored.

They ignored you because your story is so farfetched...

I don't care if I'm believed or not. In fact, as soon as people started getting them for free, they should give them freely to those who ask like those who asked and received. That's called alienating.

But I'm telling the truth in my story and they wouldn't replace broke ones, but give them for free, so I took pics of all my conversations so I can help people understand what they're getting into when they buy into this brand, and believe me, I will do whatever it takes to inform the customers of this game are facing.

My right as a customer and free speech and all. So without arguing with you, which I will no longer entertain, I'll just say I don't care if you believe me or not. Bad business is still bad business. It is what it is is and they chose to do what they did. smilie

Edit: and I was thinking what would be smart for this brand.

Since the competition is doing away with yearly starter packs, this game could do one more starter, nix the stupid pricing of products by nixing gimmicklanders, keep pricing the same and just do levels with elemental gates and other gameplay that doesn't require higher priced characters. This brand could release a mix of story packs that come with a character, magic items that aren't trash vanity items, and a story item that unlocks a few chapters. In between story chapters, they could release regular adventure packs that tell side stories throughout Skylands. Then when the times right, release another story pack to continue the story where it last left off. Sort of like some TV series. Certain episodes deal with an overall story arc, some deal with one and done stories.

Something to where we don't need a starter every year. But, Activision. They love to milk until dead. They're the James Dean of gaming. Google his motto. Anyhow, they don't want people to save money yearly. They want their customers having a starter of some form, and they will pay the price in the end. I just want to be on this planet when it happens.

The competition are making some really good choices as of late. I used to want Skylanders to succeed, but that changed when they spit in the face of customers recently. I know not everyone thinks that way and that's their opinion. I just don't support bad business practices or shunning customers on items intended for release, while others come up with excuses for their actions.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:24:26 02/03/2016 by GameMaster78
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#56 Posted: 21:32:25 02/03/2016
They probably just stopped sending the Yawn Traps out because they were getting a bunch of requests and decided to put a stop to it or were running out of them to send out. Just because they extend a courtesy to someone it does not obligate them to extend it to everyone, especially when it starts to get out of hand or they determine they are getting taken advantage of. And I can guarantee they had some scalpers going nuts once people found out you could get them considering what they are worth - it always happens.

Besides, even if you had sent those ones you had in, they probably would have identified them as fakes and blacklisted you from support.
#57 Posted: 21:49:43 02/03/2016
Quote: defpally
They probably just stopped sending the Yawn Traps out because they were getting a bunch of requests and decided to put a stop to it or were running out of them to send out. Just because they extend a courtesy to someone it does not obligate them to extend it to everyone, especially when it starts to get out of hand or they determine they are getting taken advantage of. And I can guarantee they had some scalpers going nuts once people found out you could get them considering what they are worth - it always happens.

Yup. And a reminder, I did not call and ask for free toys, I directed no one to call and ask for free toys, and I've not heard of anyone who called and asked for free toys actually be successful in getting them.

Quote:
Besides, even if you had sent those ones you had in, they probably would have identified them as fakes and blacklisted you from support.

I mean, seriously, three of the rarest, most sought-after Skylanders toys (selling for more than most chase variants), you bought them from someone in a country where they were never widely released and it just so happened that the three of these didn't work? What are the odds you'd bump into someone with all three ultra-rare traps locally and all three of them just happen to not work? I'm over 600 toys and have never had a faulty one (Nightfall aside, but that wasn't really a faulty toy...)... I can't imagine the odds of this. At best, you got scammed with fake product and Activision is under no obligation to replace counterfeit items. You should share this seller's information and help protect the rest of the community from his/her scams.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#58 Posted: 22:22:12 02/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Well of course. When gimmick overtake the actual core gameplay, you kinda lose the latter. You can have a bear that's not dancing but just the dance is nothing. It's still there in SC thankfully but it's better the wake up call was now than during Skylanders Sportsball 2017.

And that's constructive criticism. I won't wallow in how woe is the franchise after it. That's too much W.
On Battlecast, if it's not the sales, something else is up they're not telling. Someome finally posted post update footage on youtube, it looks beautiful and runs so much smoother! Then why is it being held back along with the cards?

That gives me the shivers......
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#59 Posted: 22:48:58 02/03/2016

This isn't a Skylanders-specific issue. Any franchise has this problem. If they don't do anything new. then it's a rehas of the last game. If they try something new, then they're straying too far from the formula. It's a delecate balance. Some franchises manage it, some don't.

Correct, this is the "order of things". Activision however can be charged with "burning both ends of the candle" in accelerating where we are at now. So, I guess Activision has a checkmark next to "Doesn't manage well?" smilie

Bitfrost: I've seen weirder things happen re: Battlecast. I haven't seen the new video. I won't be participating in protest due to them removing cards from our toy purchases, but I wish them the best of luck...whomever they are targeting with that. Hopefully I can live vicariously through the people that report back here.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:53:45 02/03/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#60 Posted: 22:50:35 02/03/2016
Well Skylanders pulled a Naughty Dog with Superchargers. ND always has a habit of making three games then follows up three good games with a subpar racing game. I guess when you run out of ideas you fall back on something, something racing.

And my traps were yawn traps or I wouldn't have paid over 100 each. I doubt the guy who got them somehow got the molds, opened them, and placed faulty or alternate RFID chips inside. They simply didn't work. Not the first time I ran into that situation. I threw them away because back when I got a replacement Lightcore Chill back in the day, they didn't ask me to send it back. At the same time, I clicked hardware and checked both Skylanders and items. Skylanders said it needed to be returned on the warranty form. Some magic items stated the same, but traps did not. I was too busy at the time (due to the situation I've stated here before) and told myself I'll fill it out next week and tossed those traps in the garbage seeing as it didn't ask me.

Week passes, I finally fill out the forms. Sure enough it didn't ask me to send them back. A day later I get six emails 3 for the traps, saying I had to send them back, and 3 emails with ups labels for shipping the traps back. I called and after I was given the run around I said "fine. Well if you won't replace my broken traps I tossed why not send them to me like you are others free of charge." That question was dodged by typical shady corporation hooplah.

So now, I'm just waiting for this franchise to fizzle out. Not a matter of if, but when.

But if this brand wants to have any hope in the future, it needs to adopt some new policies -

- no new starter after this year
- release product for a couple of years for the last starter sold
- reservable product
- specific release date given for all products
- all products are actually released. No lame excuses
- keep customers informed. We live in the digital age after all.
- keep prices competitive. Infinity has kept the same pricing structure for 3 games now, and I don't see that changing

Or they can simply not care and watch the ship sink. Either or is fine with me.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#61 Posted: 22:54:11 02/03/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
well some of us are not on prozac, when it comes to this game series and choose to face the reality... let me quote gamemaster87, he just says it as it is when it comes to activision, the truth. i agree 100% with him.

I don't see anyone who 95% of his posts are about repeating constantly like a broken record how "Skylanders is so perfect and it's the best franchise ever <3"

You (and GM78) make it seem like there's absolutely nothing enjoyable in the franchise anymore, which is not the reality. I'm not sure why you keep repeating the same things we already heard from you over and over... trying to force your opinions into others mind? Trying to give the impression that the vocal minority you are part of is bigger than it really is?
---
bye
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#62 Posted: 22:55:16 02/03/2016
Well Skylanders pulled a Naughty Dog with Superchargers. ND always has a habit of making three games then follows up three good games with a subpar racing game. I guess when you run out of ideas you fall back on something, something racing.

And my traps were yawn traps or I wouldn't have paid over 100 each. I doubt the guy who got them somehow got the molds, opened them, and placed faulty or alternate RFID chips inside. They simply didn't work. Not the first time I ran into that situation. I threw them away because back when I got a replacement Lightcore Chill back in the day, they didn't ask me to send it back. At the same time, I clicked hardware and checked both Skylanders and items. Skylanders said it needed to be returned on the warranty form. Some magic items stated the same, but traps did not. I was too busy at the time (due to the situation I've stated here before) and told myself I'll fill it out next week and tossed those traps in the garbage seeing as it didn't ask me.

Week passes, I finally fill out the forms. Sure enough it didn't ask me to send them back. A day later I get six emails 3 for the traps, saying I had to send them back, and 3 emails with ups labels for shipping the traps back. I called and after I was given the run around I said "fine. Well if you won't replace my broken traps I tossed why not send them to me like you are others free of charge." That question was dodged by typical shady corporation hooplah.

So now, I'm just waiting for this franchise to fizzle out. Not a matter of if, but when.

But if this brand wants to have any hope in the future, it needs to adopt some new policies -

- no new starter after this year
- release product for a couple of years for the last starter sold
- reservable product
- specific release date given for all products
- all products are actually released. No lame excuses
- keep customers informed. We live in the digital age after all.
- keep prices competitive. Infinity has kept the same pricing structure for 3 games now, and I don't see that changing

Or they can simply not care and watch the ship sink. Either or is fine with me.

I agree with you on all the others, but why no new starters? Why does Skylanders need to do what DI and LD are doing even though it doesn't ask for it?

What would you want to see?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#63 Posted: 22:55:45 02/03/2016

Bitfrost: I've seen weirder things happen re: Battlecast. I haven't seen the new video. I won't be participating in protest due to them removing cards from our toy purchases, but I wish them the best of luck...whomever they are targeting with that. Hopefully I can live vicariously through the people that report back here.

Wait,protest? I didn't see any of that, I meant what I posted in the News Topic - someone buying packs with quite a lot of new cards. There's a lot more effects and the UI in general is just a thousand times better, and it doesn't get lag spikes when the cards move around the screen like before.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:35 02/03/2016 by Bifrost
#64 Posted: 23:00:26 02/03/2016
Cool...and I'll admit I like the augmented reality bit. I'll look at the other thread...wish em luck on the card biz, but the burn of not receiving them with my figures this year (I know whiny complaint) struck a nerve.
#65 Posted: 23:09:58 02/03/2016
Quote: newkill
Quote: CountMoneyBone
well some of us are not on prozac, when it comes to this game series and choose to face the reality... let me quote gamemaster87, he just says it as it is when it comes to activision, the truth. i agree 100% with him.

I don't see anyone who 95% of his posts are about repeating constantly like a broken record how "Skylanders is so perfect and it's the best franchise ever <3"

You (and GM78) make it seem like there's absolutely nothing enjoyable in the franchise anymore, which is not the reality. I'm not sure why you keep repeating the same things we already heard from you over and over... trying to force your opinions into others mind? Trying to give the impression that the vocal minority you are part of is bigger than it really is?

It's not the reality in your mind. Your mind, your opinion. This game took anything fun about it - uh oh incoming broken record you asked for it - and threw it down the drain.

To me opening elemental gates was fun: gone
To me on foot gameplay was fun: near gone
To me adventure packs were fun: gone
To me Magic Items were fun to use: trash vanity items
To me exploration was fun: gone
To me set items were fun to find: gone
To me using past Skylanders and them being meaningful meant a lot to me: gone

I got to drive a boring car a lot in levels that forgot what it meant to explore. But, broken record. I'd rather stick to saying what this brand has become than to flip flop saying Superchargers is cool one minute to saying it stinks the next. Broken record, but honest in my opinions and thoughts for this years mess of a game.

I could argue against others who are broken records in their praise of this years game, but I'm not going to tell people what they should think. I state my claims and if people agree or disagree, whatever. In the end their mistakes don't cost me anything. It's their franchise to lose and try to resurrect later on like they tried and failed with Guitar Hero Live.

I just don't see them listening to our complaints. They listen to kiddy focus groups more than the real money spenders, and if we end up with Skylanders Ballsport game like someone mentioned I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Maybe they can make our past purchases even more useless than they've become as of Superchargers.
---
#66 Posted: 23:14:00 02/03/2016
They simply didn't work. Not the first time I ran into that situation.

As the resident Skylanders Super-Fan, how many times have you purchased multiple toys in one go and 100% of those toys failed?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#67 Posted: 23:47:50 02/03/2016
Well, Game, all I'm gonna say is: Have some faith. I can agree that Superchargers is the weakest entry in the series, especially with all of those points made. But there's no indication that all the game's flaws will be carried over to the next game, and it's pretty unlikely considering that the game is going to be developed by the more "mature" of the two developers.

And by "mature", I mean they have a better understanding of what would and wouldn't work and take more risks.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#68 Posted: 00:26:55 03/03/2016
It's not the reality in your mind. Your mind, your opinion.

Reality is not an opinion, it is facts. CountMoneyBone said "we choose to face the reality", but you just make a list of things you don't personally enjoy. The reality is this franchise sales were higher in 2015 than 2014 and they had the same numbers for Q4 2014 and Q4 2015. Activision said it sold "less then expected" because they probably thought they would make more this year with the Skymiibo and other new features, but they didn't. Yes, they need to tweak a few things if they want the franchise to keep going at long term, but it is not, in 2016, on the verge of dying just because one game in a series that is not even 5 years old yet was not as good as expected. Disney Infinity also don't have an E3 booth, is the franchise dying?

Quote:
Broken record, but honest in my opinions and thoughts for this years mess of a game.

Perfectly fine to be honest, but no need to repeat the same thing 50 times. I said no more than 3 times the things I like about Superchargers, the things I dislike, my hopes for the next game, my thoughts on the Yawn Traps situation, etc. in the appropriate topics and they are not always positive.

Quote:
They listen to kiddy focus groups more than the real money spenders

Kids are the primary target audience. Hardcore adult collectors are probably third or fourth in their priority. They make more money by pleasing the kids and angering the hardcore adult collectors than by pleasing the hardcore collectors but leaving the kids uninterested. I'll concede that they need to work on a better balance to please all groups as equally as possible though.

Anyway, I'll stop for now. Getting off-topic and don't want to risk a warning.
---
bye
#69 Posted: 00:49:35 03/03/2016
They simply didn't work. Not the first time I ran into that situation.

As the resident Skylanders Super-Fan, how many times have you purchased multiple toys in one go and 100% of those toys failed?

Happened once before. I'm sure people have abused their return policy, because for a time I was seeing lots of replacement figures on Ebay.

Not me. Happened with Lightcore Chill a few years back, happened with the three yawn traps I picked up. Now naturally I would have asked the seller for my money back had there not been a replacement program instituted, and I would have kept them if the warranty claim form stated that traps were required to be sent back. Hopefully Acti has clarified that at least, but I doubt it.

I'm out a little over 300 for all three traps together, and they won't replace mine but will give them for free to those who inquire about their release (or whatever you guys said to have them give them to you).

So twice now, I've had figures not work. Second time is all three traps but I consider it the second time. Though sometimes I coulda swore I needed an Ignitor replaced. Memory is foggy on that one. Who knows, who cares. All I know is it happened to me, they tell me to send traps back but willingly give traps to those who call and say whatever they said to get them. Doesn't make any logical sense, but it's a great wake up call for me.

Edit: and if kiddy focus groups have their say, all Acti has to do is throw yet another gimmick at them and kids will be satisfied by whatever. Heck, it could be Skylanders Boogerpicker and if it looks somewhat cool the kids will scream yay. They were willing to sign off on Skylanders the driving simulator, so what's next? Uphill or downhill?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:55 03/03/2016 by GameMaster78
#70 Posted: 00:53:48 03/03/2016
I wouldn't worry about being ontopic or not. Apparently you can't talk about just the E3 situation without having to bring every other issue, subjective or not, into the table and whoever's not up for that is just defending the bad things.

I feel like we need the announcement more to make this stop than for actual info at this point. At least the complaints repeated fifty times over will be different. Drought brings out the worst in a fandom and man we're experiencing this firsthand.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:27 03/03/2016 by Bifrost
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#71 Posted: 23:16:02 03/03/2016
Activision you're killing me ;-;
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#72 Posted: 20:03:22 05/03/2016
Way to get rid of the hype activision... not that i care though, i just wish they would stop creating games every year and wait a few years so they can come with the biggest and greatest Skylander game ever...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#73 Posted: 22:10:13 05/03/2016
The more I think about it, this says more about e3 than Skylanders. DI won't be present either. Perhaps we're getting a bit to scared?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#74 Posted: 22:14:06 05/03/2016
If it says anything, Acti still has rooms there, but it's probably just for interviews and whatnot. Feels more and more like there's disinterest in E3 because they'll reveal before that.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#75 Posted: 22:20:34 05/03/2016
If it says anything, Acti still has rooms there, but it's probably just for interviews and whatnot. Feels more and more like there's disinterest in E3 because they'll reveal before that.

Hopefully during a special event like they did with Trap Team or SWAP Force.
I agree, the more I think about it the more it seems like good news... Except for E3

Which makes me kinda sad...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:03 05/03/2016 by Drek95
#76 Posted: 21:26:00 06/03/2016
So, there's a security breach on E3 files on ESA...?(bear with me I kinda skimmed through thinking people actually had some findings) and if the user wasn't such a nice person or they hadn't found this out in time the entire event would've been leaked in a few months, Activision's plans and Skylanders included.

Well,if they hadn't a good reason to not show the game there this year, they sure have now. If this isn't fixed we can kiss even the demo booths goodbye.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:26:31 06/03/2016 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#77 Posted: 22:09:36 06/03/2016
So, there's a security breach on E3 files on ESA...?(bear with me I kinda skimmed through thinking people actually had some findings) and if the user wasn't such a nice person or they hadn't found this out in time the entire event would've been leaked in a few months, Activision's plans and Skylanders included.

Well,if they hadn't a good reason to not show the game there this year, they sure have now. If this isn't fixed we can kiss even the demo booths goodbye.

I can't see the images, what skylandery news was in there?
#78 Posted: 22:13:19 06/03/2016
None, companies have yet to send things. It means that if they had already,it'd be too easy to find.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:24:52 06/03/2016 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#79 Posted: 22:20:50 06/03/2016
None, companies have yet to send thigns. It means that if they had already,it'd be too easy to find.

Good thing that was found early.. before it was too late.
#80 Posted: 22:26:56 06/03/2016
Still,it's a major blow to the companies' trust in E3. It's not just Acti,it's Nintendo,it's Sony,everyone that's showing up. If someone had found things from meetings to games to names of devs and PR that would be in there, damage would be a lot more than just leaks.
---
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#81 Posted: 18:38:16 09/03/2016
Still,it's a major blow to the companies' trust in E3. It's not just Acti,it's Nintendo,it's Sony,everyone that's showing up. If someone had found things from meetings to games to names of devs and PR that would be in there, damage would be a lot more than just leaks.

The thread is gone now. As a company I wouldn't want everything spoiled before it's time. Look at all the pokemon/nintendo news leaks before the last directs. Having an entire convention blown before it's time kills it.

Who knows right now on another note. Maybe no presence because we're getting Super Chargers 2. Lol
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#82 Posted: 20:32:48 09/03/2016
Quote: OnionCakes
Who knows right now on another note. Maybe no presence because we're getting Super Chargers 2. Lol

And the vehicles still wouldn't work. :D :D :D
#83 Posted: 20:53:39 09/03/2016
Not with Paper Mario Color Splash; that, Young Conker and Federation Force already filled the "nobody asked for this" quota this year.

I hope.*knocks on wood*
---
#84 Posted: 21:07:56 09/03/2016
I know you are joking but even if they were to reveal something minor (like a proper sequel to one of the main games, which I personally think will never happen because it wouldn't make sense) I'm 99.99% positive it wouldn't be SuperChargers 2.

One game with that concept was ok since it was an experiment but two would mean not understanding what fans want in my opinion (that's assuming it would have the same structure figures included of course).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#85 Posted: 22:46:58 09/03/2016
Not with Paper Mario Color Splash; that, Young Conker and Federation Force already filled the "nobody asked for this" quota this year.

I hope.*knocks on wood*

My son loves the Paper Mario and Mario/Luigi RPG games, he was thrilled by Color Splash.

And Federation Force sounds like a pretty cool game, they just shouldn't have tagged it with the completely unnecessary Metroid name. It does nothing but upset people.
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#86 Posted: 23:03:21 09/03/2016
I kinda want Sega to buy the rights to the franchise. NOT!

But seriously I want all the next game characters to be fan choices.
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#87 Posted: 23:06:06 09/03/2016
Quote: Drek95
I know you are joking but even if they were to reveal something minor (like a proper sequel to one of the main games, which I personally think will never happen because it wouldn't make sense) I'm 99.99% positive it wouldn't be SuperChargers 2.

One game with that concept was ok since it was an experiment but two would mean not understanding what fans want in my opinion (that's assuming it would have the same structure figures included of course).

I wouldn't mind it if possibly we really art talking about a Skylanders 6. More of a really big DLC or something.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#88 Posted: 23:12:44 09/03/2016
My son loves the Paper Mario and Mario/Luigi RPG games, he was thrilled by Color Splash.

And Federation Force sounds like a pretty cool game, they just shouldn't have tagged it with the completely unnecessary Metroid name. It does nothing but upset people.

I love the RPG series too,but not Sticker Star,that's what Color Splash's going to take from because it has discardable cards and no partners as well. Also a thousand Toads looking exactly the same because who needs variety.

Good or bad games,they're on the "nobody asked for this" category even if the real forgettable one is Young Conker only. Fans have been waiting for a good game in the series since forever, gets given everything they didn't want and in FF's case they had to bring the devs to tell us the game is good we promise even if that's not even the issue at hand.

Doubt we'd get a game sequel, feels like they'd do a remaster first and announce that alongside the main game. I mean they always seem fine with handing Beenox all the work and they're the ones that mess with ports.
---
#89 Posted: 23:13:31 09/03/2016
Quote: OnionCakes
Quote: Drek95

I wouldn't mind it if possibly we really art talking about a Skylanders 6. More of a really big DLC or something.

I'm with you on that one but at least not this year.

Unless that "DLC" added new original playable characters, classic levels, PVP, extra modes and things like that and I sincerely doubt it.
Not to mention it's highly unlikely since TfB is responsible for this so called 'new entry".

SuperChargers is done whether it did good or not.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#90 Posted: 03:25:26 10/03/2016

Me too. smilie I was probably one of the few that actually liked SS. Sure I rather have another 1000 Door, but I won't reject Color Splash either as it's fun in it's own way too. It should hold me over until they make a proper Paper Mario on the NX or whatever the new system will be.
---
Stay Cool!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#91 Posted: 01:42:20 11/03/2016

And my traps were yawn traps or I wouldn't have paid over 100 each..

This is where you need to keep the collector in you in check. When things get this pricey they are far less likely to be working as they should and end up just being collector's items than actually put to use. It's a great risk with this price and neither the person selling to you nor activision is responsible for the transaction at that point it's basically at your own risk. You have to take things in limits here, and the fact is all of them are businesses and as you're finally seeing you just can't be a blind fan into franchises because it only takes a certain thing for a breaking point and poof it's all doom and gloom and whatever.

I know it stinks but you had the traps before other people in what you paid for and some people just got fortunate in things to get them for "free" it happens with things like the cheaper pricing of starters and vehicles. That's why from this year's game I'm simply not going to buy any next time or just wait until it's really cheap. I just see this game on its way out due to their own shortcomings in who will buy them still. With more alternatives and the game dropping to 30 bucks. They lost their audience to what they've done and its just a lot of damage control they might not ever recover from.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#92 Posted: 01:59:10 11/03/2016
YOU IDIOTS.

IT'S A PLAN.
SKYLANDERS 6 WILL BE NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE AND BE SHOWN AT THEIR BOOTH.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#93 Posted: 02:17:08 11/03/2016
Quote: Sleepy0429
YOU IDIOTS.

IT'S A PLAN.

I KNEW IT! I KNEW THEY DIDN'T INVITE BOWSER AND DK FOR NOTHING!

...Okay but can I be serious for a moment? That would be a really stupid decision if they did that. Like, a REALLY stupid decision. Even though (I think) these games sell best on Nintendo consoles, that would just lose them a lot of money from anyone who doesn't play on Nintendo.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#94 Posted: 02:17:41 11/03/2016
Quote: tigerdr
They lost their audience to what they've done and its just a lot of damage control they might not ever recover from.

So much for this "endearing" and "long lasting" franchise. They're cranking these out like short order chefs to make their bucks. Great, they made it. Activision doesn't seem to do well to preserve franchises, except for CoD but there's a lot of dissent in the community.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:16 11/03/2016 by TakeYourLemons
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#95 Posted: 08:29:29 11/03/2016
YOU IDIOTS.

IT'S A PLAN.

Prob not thou i honestly wouldnt be surprised if they co created a seperate game that takes place in the mushroom kingdom. Think skylanders but all nintendo guys ir all mario. Of course Bowser would not be the main villain it would either have to be somebody new or somebody that you couldn't play. Maybe that frog guy from Mario two whose Name Escapes me at the current moment
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#96 Posted: 03:02:19 13/03/2016
Quote: SlayerX11
YOU IDIOTS.

IT'S A PLAN.

Prob not thou i honestly wouldnt be surprised if they co created a seperate game that takes place in the mushroom kingdom. Think skylanders but all nintendo guys ir all mario. Of course Bowser would not be the main villain it would either have to be somebody new or somebody that you couldn't play. Maybe that frog guy from Mario two whose Name Escapes me at the current moment

That would be so awesome.
---
Boop me if you see this.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#97 Posted: 11:58:15 13/03/2016
Quote: SlayerX11
YOU IDIOTS.

IT'S A PLAN.

It would be great to have an amiibo dedicated game. I Would even buy the Wii U or NX if they did so, but as I stated in another topic, not sure if that's gonna happen.

Ammibos are selling well so nintendo won't probably see the urge to develop a game this style. Additionally they seem to be strugling lately to release their core games, people have been waiting for the next zelda for years.

The fact they are including some of their characters in the skylanders games makes it even less likely imo.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me