Page 1 of 1
Final boss opinions (spoilers)
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#1 Posted: 11:48:33 18/02/2016 | Topic Creator
What are your opinions on each of the final bosses in each game?

SSA: Fun and challenging
SG: I like it but the arena is so small
SSF: Also fun
STT: Literally my favourite final boss of all time
SSC: Insert complaint about almost any aspect of the battle here
---
Soon.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 12:01:59 18/02/2016
Spoiler period might've been lifted by now, it's been more than 5 months.

SSA: Super glitchy but quite intense and fun when it works
SG: Same arena issues; had they made it a Core skylander bigger in diameter there wouldn't be so many unfair deaths, otherwise incredible scripted sequences and mechanics
SF: Haven't played,but bad punchline to a bad joke by watching. Ending with QTE kills a lot of the action too.
TT: Unfair as heck but unlike Pepperjack on Nightmare only slightly physically painful. Only fun on Medium and below,though.
SC: Amazing concept, poor excecution. Would've been so much better if the race track part was the entire battle(with mechanics changes of course), but like everyone would've prefered on foot.

Overall- SG>TT>SSA>SC>SF.
However,none of the final bosses take my favorite boss battle in the series; that still goes to Golden Queen.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:36:00 18/02/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 12:35:50 18/02/2016
Keep in mind that I exclusively play on Medium for the first playthrough and then switch to Hard.
Tried Nightmare in SWAP Force, it's fun but not my cup of tea.

SA: really fun and challenging but a bit too long and repetitive for my tastes (if I remember correctly Kaos completely heals himself at one point);
Giants: really fun as well, right lenght and quite creative in terms of bullet hell mechanics, absolutely enjoyed it;
SWAP Force: definitely too easy and less inspired than the others but it was at least something different;
Trap Team: fantastic. Simply fantastic. High difficulty, great atmosphere and truly challenging.
Loved it;
SuperChargers: I would have of course prefered if it were entirely on-foot (or at least had something for our Skylanders to do) and maybe if it changed according to the Terrain type you were using, but it was fun and the theme is probably one of my favorite in the entire series.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:32:45 18/02/2016 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#4 Posted: 13:04:38 18/02/2016
SA: Fun for what it was for sure, but lacking. Very easy and

Giants: Underwhelming but not bad. It's still very fun and once Ermit and Machine Ghost come in it gets better but doesn't change anything all that much.

SF: I liked this one a ton. It was unique and creative especially when you go into Kaos' head.

TT: I LOVED Traptainium Kaos' design, and the boss is fun, but it feels fake hard. Kaos is just a damage sponge and takes forever to defeat. It was very similar to the final boss from the first game. It was hard but not challenging.

SC: My favorite visually and it feels like the most epic boss fight yet, but I do agree it could have some on foot parts. I would have added an on foot part and an optional sky and sea part to add more variety, Still a great boss despite that flaw.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#5 Posted: 13:12:06 18/02/2016
Kaos only heals himself back up in the Wii version, Drek,in all others he miiight change phases at a higher amount but doesn't take as long.
---
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#6 Posted: 13:23:55 18/02/2016
I have only played the battles of 2 games so far but..talking about SSA's boss battle reminds me. To get one of the stars, it seems that the time limit is...3 minutes? I kid you not, it is 3 minutes. I play the Japanese Wii U version btw.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#7 Posted: 13:26:21 18/02/2016
Designed around the OP bunch like Double Trouble or Drobot,probably. I remember getting the time limit easy since I had gotten the achievement already but no idea of who I used.
---
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#8 Posted: 13:35:01 18/02/2016
^The time limiit may or may not include getting to Koas though. Can you check? Also, now that I have both characters, maybe it's about time I try again...
---
^This might be sarcasm.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 13:42:29 18/02/2016
SSA: Good start
SG: Not one of my favorites
SSF: The bigger they are, the harder they fall
STT: With captured Villains, anything is possible
SSC: Even better than always fighting Kaos as the final boss
LittlePunk Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#10 Posted: 14:04:33 18/02/2016
SSA: Surprisingly challenging and just loved it.
SG: Meh.... It was cool, but it isn't one of my favs.
SSF: What the hell.... Wasn't a fan of this one either, but hey it wasn't repetitive and it was unique.
STT: Wow they stepped up their game, boss fight was awesome! Just a bit too repetitive.
SSC: Well at least they tried something different. Would've preferred different terrain types to use against the final boss boss but I still liked it.
---
smilie This fire is outta control!
smilie Let there be rock!!!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:24:59 18/02/2016 by LittlePunk
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#11 Posted: 14:52:38 18/02/2016
SSA: my personal favorite, loved the Hydra and evil Skylanders. It was also quite challenging and I had to use some Skylanders.
SG: good concept but the minions were just annoying and unneeded. I did loose some Skylanders but it was a little repetetive and of course, the arena was pretty small.
SSF: The boss was a bit too silly for my tastes but it wasn't bad. Though the same problem as with Giants, minion spamming. The fight was practicaly an arena.
STT: By far best looking boss, but if you know what will happen, it's easy to avoid. Believe it or not, I beat it with Hijinx and the Golden Queen... blind!
SSC: By far the easiest Kaos fight, though the Darkness was a bit more challenging it was also very repetetive.

Final rating: SSA>SG>STT>SSC>SSF

And a quick sidenote: If your a hardcore collecter like myself you shouldn't be able to die after SSA. But I guess that's your own fault.
#12 Posted: 14:58:18 18/02/2016
Oh wow, I actually tried beating Traptanium Kaos with Hijinx/Golden Queen as well. However, I was recording for the cancelled LP, on Hard, and in an extremely hot room because the fan destroys my audio. Needless to say they didn't last 2 minutes.
---
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#13 Posted: 15:33:12 18/02/2016
SSA: Love the concept, its challenging.
SSA 3ds: Its really hard since you can only use TWO Skylanders
SG: Its easy... but the Arkeyan Shield Juggernauts in this level makes it harder
SSF: It looks great, but easy.
SSF 3ds: The attacks of Count Money bone can defeat your Skylanders easily
STT: I think its the best of all. But its hard if you put it on more then Medium.
STT 3ds: I was REEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAALLY surprised that the boss fight was just THAT short.
SSC: Easiest Kaos fight and it's getting annoying that Kaos is floating in the ****ing air for to long! I didn't like the Darkness boss fight, since you only have to fallow the road until the Darkness stands in front of you.
SSC Racing: AAAAAAHHH HES FALLOWING ME!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFES!!!

OK, for real tough its hard if you put it on Medium or Hard. (And you only can use 1 Skylander.)

That's my opinion, I don't have the 3ds version of SG so I didn't included it.

+

Final Rating: STT>SSA>SSCR>SG>SSF>SSF3DS>SSA3DS>STT3DS>SSC
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:53:14 21/02/2016 by TTD
#14 Posted: 15:51:37 18/02/2016
You can edit text into posts,no need to do it twice.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#15 Posted: 03:42:09 19/02/2016
Just came here to say I really liked SSF's final boss fight, there's something about the entire game of SSF and how repetitive it is that attracts me
Also, even though it's unfair to anyone without at the minimum 50 Skylanders, ( or a highly skilled Bumble Blast ) the STT nightmare boss fight is fun just to see how many Skylanders will die/survive, and it's my incentive on playing it on Nightmare
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#16 Posted: 05:46:01 19/02/2016
Haven't played SSA, but it looks fun.

Giants was ok, for some reason I don't remember much about it.

Swap Force was very repetitive and just disappointing, I liked Kaos' s mom fight a lot better.

Speaking of repetitive, Trap Team was quite repetitive but very fun. Still my favorite, I love how hard itbis and would love to play it on nightmare.

Superchargers was my least favorite, I liked the track portion but I hate driving through rings.

Favorite boss fight in general would be a tie between Traptanium Kaos and Drill-X.
---
Hahahahaha
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#17 Posted: 06:58:06 19/02/2016
SSA: Fun
SG: Fun
SSF: Horrible concept but fun
STT: ****ing epic
SSC: Not Kaos and is in vehicle. Bad.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#18 Posted: 09:24:07 19/02/2016
Spyro's Adventure: really hard, but unique ( seriously, only real final boss battle I had that much difficulty with )
Giants: a lot of fun
Swap Force: meh...too many minion waves parts and not enough actual boss battle for my taste ( I hate boss fights like that )
Trap Team: crazy epic, but drags on too long thanks to Kaos's healing smilie
Superchargers: Kaos was at least interesting....oh, final boss as in The Darkness? BS, that's how I'd describe that non-battle ring race....
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#19 Posted: 09:43:04 19/02/2016
SSA - The Best and most fun
SG - Fun but one of the really easy ones even in Nightmare
SSW - The Easiest even in Nightmare, i'm not a huge fan of this one
STT - I generally didn't think it was that fun or challenging but better then SSW
SSC - bad, unfun and unchallenged

SSA > SG > STT > SSW > SSC
#20 Posted: 10:35:33 19/02/2016
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Just came here to say I really liked SSF's final boss fight, there's something about the entire game of SSF and how repetitive it is that attracts me
Also, even though it's unfair to anyone without at the minimum 50 Skylanders, ( or a highly skilled Bumble Blast ) the STT nightmare boss fight is fun just to see how many Skylanders will die/survive, and it's my incentive on playing it on Nightmare

Did it with my collection of 20 and no Bumble Blast,though :U The trick is have a non-giant with big health to tank your mistakes and always prioritize attacking with a villain - hearing that Threatpack is the only one that can reach him on Nightmare and tank a wave at the same time saved my run big time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:45:08 19/02/2016 by Bifrost
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#21 Posted: 12:41:06 19/02/2016
SSA: I hate it. This guy wiped out my ENTIRE TEAM first playthrough.
SG: At first I died a few times but I beat him.
SF: Really fun.
TT: This is an awesome one cause you can CAPTURE KAOS at the end! Not me, cause the Kaos Trap's too expensive. D:
SC: When I killed Kaos, I thought that was it but then I saw the Darkness and was surprised HE was the final boss for once, not Kaos. (FINALLY!)
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#22 Posted: 14:26:39 19/02/2016
SSA: Don't remember too much of it, but I believe it was okay.
SG: Bad... Way too reliant on the most OP enemies in the game.
SSF: Kind of boring and predictable.
STT: Was the best final boss in my opinion.
SSC: The Kaos fight beforehand was all right, but the Darkness boss felt bland.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#23 Posted: 15:07:41 19/02/2016
Since people said it more than once,dunno about Juggernauts being OP, especially in that case. Their AI is pretty dumb and they'll fall for stunlocking and tricking them into only using the ground slam four times out of five; so it's mostly about doing circles around them, and why the arena size is a problem because my deaths against them are mostly because they always get too near the edge. I'm waaaay more afraid of Arkeyan Duelists nowadays because those guys always seem to guess your direction and abuse their aura thing, and thankfully they aren't in the Robo-Kaos fight.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#24 Posted: 15:18:20 19/02/2016
SSA: Fun and challenging
SG: Not that exciting
SSF: Could be better
STT: AMAZING.
SSC: Worst, and slowest Kaos battle ever.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#25 Posted: 15:54:11 19/02/2016
smilie Well, okay. Maybe they're not that OP, but I recall them being quite annoying to deal with... Partially because of the whole running around thing.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#26 Posted: 17:08:10 19/02/2016
The SSC final battle was underwhelming to say the least.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#27 Posted: 23:24:54 20/02/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Badwolfmichael

Did it with my collection of 20 and no Bumble Blast,though :U The trick is have a non-giant with big health to tank your mistakes and always prioritize attacking with a villain - hearing that Threatpack is the only one that can reach him on Nightmare and tank a wave at the same time saved my run big time.

I must ask, what is he like on Nightmare? How powerful is he?
---
Hahahahaha
#28 Posted: 23:35:30 20/02/2016
Powerful? More like cheap. They just increase the amount of waves and the size of his barrier so good luck going after him with melee; and of course damage and less startup on a lot of moves. It's not testing your skills as much as your patience and how much can you handle your jumping thumb on fire in the inside.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#29 Posted: 00:07:40 21/02/2016
I beat STT final boss in nightmare mode with 7 skylanders. Basically I used the villain (luminous) to take all the damage when kaos started doing those energy rings (since they are not that easy to avoid), but not before I summon the light beam crystal very near him. Once he stopped launching those rings I switched to Knight Light who, being a trap master, deals more damage to villains (especially if you are inside the light aura), and gain time for luminous to recover. Once Knight Light ran out of health I switched to Bat Spin and summoned all of her bats to deal damage for me while I only worried in dodging his attacks (switching to luminous again when he started doing those energy rings). Once bat spin was defeated I used core skylanders with similar strategies.

I had a harder time with SSA final one, since at that time I only owned the three skylanders which came with the starter pack.

TBH, the final boss in nightmare mode has usually been the most challenging experience in skylanders game for me. Well that, and certain players which are extremely good at driving in SSC.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#30 Posted: 05:29:08 21/02/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Spoiler period might've been lifted by now, it's been more than 5 months.

SSA: Super glitchy but quite intense and fun when it works
SG: Same arena issues; had they made it a Core skylander bigger in diameter there wouldn't be so many unfair deaths, otherwise incredible scripted sequences and mechanics
SF: Haven't played,but bad punchline to a bad joke by watching. Ending with QTE kills a lot of the action too.
TT: Unfair as heck but unlike Pepperjack on Nightmare only slightly physically painful. Only fun on Medium and below,though.
SC: Amazing concept, poor excecution. Would've been so much better if the race track part was the entire battle(with mechanics changes of course), but like everyone would've prefered on foot.

Overall- SG>TT>SSA>SC>SF.
However,none of the final bosses take my favorite boss battle in the series; that still goes to Golden Queen.

Even the official game guide doesn't want to call the SC race a battle. It just says something like: "this isn't really a boss battle, bore like an extended driving challenge" or something like that.
---
Dead
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#31 Posted: 23:47:37 21/02/2016
I don't play any other video games so I'm not sure what to expect but I've found all of the boss battles in every Skylanders a bit of a let down. Hardly any variety and requiring more patience than skill. Of all of them I liked Giants most because it didn't seem to drag on as long. I hated this latest one. I'm a crap driver at the best of times and managed to miss those rings pretty often. I can't recall swearing that much at any other stage of my life.
#32 Posted: 23:50:34 21/02/2016
That's the standard for boss battles actually. There are obviously gems and games full of them, but mostly it's cycling between a few strategies, or gets more aggressive in low health,or is a straight up timed puzzle. TT Nightmare is longer than the usual even for other games but it's defiantely not the winner for dragging on the most.

...Yeah,full faction MMO bosses aside, that still goes to Yiazmat. Yup,those dots below his HP bar are OTHER HP bars.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:18 21/02/2016 by Bifrost
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#33 Posted: 05:46:37 23/02/2016
This is easy for me.

SA: Meh, nothing special. Only poses a threat in a nuzlocke
SG: ^
SF: The structure of the fight is ok, but it's nothing special as a final boss.
TT: Brutal as hell, tedious, but fun enough for me to do a single skylander run (which took at least 15+ hours of practice)
SC: Haven't beat it. Not going to bother until I have the Land Racing pack and can 100%. Busy working on a full series 100% of .//hack
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:47:51 23/02/2016 by AzarianGO
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#34 Posted: 19:19:24 27/02/2016
Honestly, if it was easier to heal vehicles, or drivers didn't take so much damage when armor was exhausted, that fight might've been less obnoxious.

I think I went through all my classic figures as fodder on Nightmare difficulty...
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#35 Posted: 22:56:07 28/02/2016
Kalos fight was too easy. Nuff said
Darkness fight. It's good for land-bits farming.. You only need like 3 skylanders maximum at lv 10+ to beat it.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#36 Posted: 10:53:20 02/03/2016
Quote: Dark Snap Shot
Kalos fight was too easy. Nuff said
Darkness fight. It's good for land-bits farming.. You only need like 3 skylanders maximum at lv 10+ to beat it.

it's my fault but I had picked a fully upgraded Nightfall for the fight with Kaos..... Her Dread Head Path (which still not needed) made her Overpowered and she didn't take a single hit.
#37 Posted: 11:06:18 02/03/2016
Kaos in general is vulnerable to AoE like Bad Hair Day and friends. Feels like they designed him after a projectile, helper spawner or melee but not someone that can sit just outside the hazard range and spam away.
---
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#38 Posted: 23:03:14 02/03/2016
SSA - A great challenge, good to play around when you have a good team of Skylanders, to see which one is better at each part

SG - Pretty epic, it felt like all the build up paid off, Robo-Kaos showed why he was such a threat, and the music constantly changing as the fight went from hopeless to victory made it even more awesome, my only problem was it's lenght, as Kaos didn't have as much health as he should, and made up for it in power, as his attacks hurt a lot.

SSF - Ugh, this entire fight was one big joke, really, it's like they tried to be serious but at the same time make jokes out of the main bad guy and all his attacks, Kaos didn't feel threatning at all and the fight itself was cheap, yeah let's throw two geargolems on a really closed arena, that's fair.

STT - Haven't played yet, but from what I've saw, seems great, the pacing of the fight and the constant changes on the music, just like Giants, made for a fast paced and awesome fight, it helps that he was challenging, and unlike Robo-Kaos, the fight could last a while, making it even more intense and epic.

SC - ALSO Haven't played yet, but from what I could see, at least they learned that the final boss shouldn't make the villain look pathetic. If anything, my problems with it are the fact the fight itself doesn't live up to it's build up, what with Eon pretty much hammering how this is the greatest battle of your life and everything has been building up to this, also the tracks were ok, after the last game, with Kaos getting such an amazing collection of tracks for his final boss fight, The Darkness' themes feel a bit underwhelming, it's the same problem as the Time Eater from Sonic Generations, a great character track, but not so great boss track. Also the fight as everyone said, yeah, I know the gimmick is vehicles, but they could have it be a phase or two on a vehicle and the rest of the fight on foot, instead of turning the possibility of an epic battle into a glorified obstacle course.
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#39 Posted: 23:37:23 06/03/2016
SSA - Never played

SG - Never played

SSF - A lot of missed potential here. Easy unless you play on nightmare, then it just gets ridiculous.

STT - Amazing, challenging, and fun. This is how a final boss in Skylanders should be. Especially in nightmare mode; took me half an hour to beat and I felt so accomplished afterwards.

SSC - Again, wasted potential. VV isn't good at boss fight apparently. Atmosphere and music are great, but I actually wish they made the boss fight a combination of vehicle and on ground combat. Does set the story for a possible epic final boss next time though (hopefully).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me