darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > The one thing you like the least in Superchargers
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The one thing you like the least in Superchargers
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#1 Posted: 04:45:17 14/02/2016 | Topic Creator
The goal of this topic is not to feed the negativity some people have toward the series. I don't take responsability if this topic turns into a mess of negativity smilie

Tell us the one thing in Superchargers (only one thing) that you liked the least/disliked the most. Something that in your eyes should absolutely be rectified in the next game(s). You can't say "I hate Superchargers because of this, this, this and this" and it can't be something outside the game itself, like the quality of the toys, how they are distributed, the look of the new Portal of Power, etc. (but you can say the number of new characters).

For me, it is the fact that there are very few on-foot combat sections in the Story levels compared to previous games. I don't mind having Vehicle sections during the levels, I enjoy most of them, and the difficulty of the game itself is alright. In Trap Team, we had arena-style battles at the end of several levels, lots of bosses, we had Brock Arena challenges and Kaos Mode. There is no good substitute for all of this in Superchargers.
---
bye
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#2 Posted: 07:01:26 14/02/2016
My only real complaint is that there is not enough on foot action in the game.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 11:26:26 14/02/2016
Can I say one things regarding in-game features and another regarding toys?

If yes, then my least favorite in-game feature would be how the game was built around the gimmick, which became the most important thing, and not the opposite.
Vehicles are mandatory to simply play the game, they take away too much on-foot action and are required to progress.
It's not because of vehicles but because of how they were handled.

Imagine if trappable villains were playable exclusively in some really restrictive mini-games instead of becoming part of the regular gameplay.
That's what I'm talking about.

If no, though, then my answer is undoubtedly the toy-line.
I cannot absolutely stand having so few new Skylanders in a game called "Skylanders", especially if revamps took so many of their places along with console exclusive characters.
Revamps and non-character figures are welcomed but as extras along the regular Skylanders, not as part of the main cast.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 12:19:34 14/02/2016
I could cheat and say not enough usage of the game's good points but that's being general.

Too little on-foot content as well. The balancing seemed to finally reach an ok point, and then you go and make that gameplay 10 minutes per level at the most, buried under vehicle gameplay and plataforming. Playing as several characters makes no difference if most of the time you're in a vehicle(even across the vehicles since most of the car enemies die with little strategy, I can only think of Tomb Buggy actually encouraging different methods) or jumping around solving small puzzles.
Then, you finish the game expecting to have SOMETHING to do with your new group now that you ran through the levels without using half of them, but nope, you'll have to do with Tessa's quests and absolutely nothing else on-foot(Hugo rolls more vehicle sections than Supercharger gates, can't even count him). It feels so empty and unfinished that it seriously seems like I bought Skylanders from here to use on 6 because SC you'll just get showered in item drops and be done just as you start having fun.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:20:03 14/02/2016 by Bifrost
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#5 Posted: 12:56:12 14/02/2016
Honestly the random loot and the nerf in size of the Academy and lack of 4 leged Skylanders are not only huge complaints
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#6 Posted: 13:47:21 14/02/2016
let's see...
The lack of land combat, no battle arena challenges,(unless you count battlebrawl island), the random loot doesn't offer much replay value, the academy is too short to explore, wouldn't mind combining a couple of things from past games.
Vathekblackbelt Green Sparx Gems: 129
#7 Posted: 14:32:02 14/02/2016
Well there are some things that I hate or like the least in SuperChargers:

1: It can give people seizures (I don't know if it was like that in other games, please say it was in the other games)
2: It forces you (in some levels) to put a land vehicle to complete the level.
3: Since EVERY Skylander is not a core Skylander, we have to pay more.
4: The music in the academy is sad.
5: No arena challenges
6: They don't make us use Traps like in Trap Team
7: No Kaos' Dad
8: No variant in the 3ds or Wii version (seriously, I have 3 SC :stealthelfsmilie
9: The academy is too short.

And the most importent thing:

10:There is not much money in the game (seriously, none of you SC skylanders are fully upgraded
---
This account stopped..
#8 Posted: 14:39:20 14/02/2016
Mine are just showered in gold, not sure what's the issue. The thing that really bothers me is that XP will roll like 3 times before I get any gold and what's the fun in running around level 20 if I don't have upgrades yet.

But the topic is mentioning the one thing, not the many things,and that's just nitpicking from me really.
---
Vathekblackbelt Green Sparx Gems: 129
#9 Posted: 14:45:01 14/02/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Mine are just showered in gold, not sure what's the issue. The thing that really bothers me is that XP will roll like 3 times before I get any gold and what's the fun in running around level 20 if I don't have upgrades yet.

But the topic is mentioning the one thing, not the many things,and that's just nitpicking from me really.

I'm agreeing with you, all my SC Skylanders are already high leveled after they defeated a level.

Yeah, I know that this topic is mentioning only one thing, but there are a lot of things that I don't like and want to share.

BUT NUMBER 10 IS REALLY WHAT I HATE!!!
---
This account stopped..
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#10 Posted: 15:07:31 14/02/2016
I'd say the biggest one thing is the entire racing aspect of it all. Only thing that could be worse for me is if they made it an Olympic type friendly competitive game without any resemblance to the games of old. I can live with everything else that they done if they decided to carry it over to a new game.
---
Stay Cool!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#11 Posted: 16:16:45 14/02/2016
Not adding PvP or pve online,that was the wordt imo.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#12 Posted: 16:25:49 14/02/2016
Quote: newkill

Tell us the one thing in Superchargers (only one thing) that you liked the least/disliked the most.
For me, it is the fact that there are very few on-foot combat sections in the Story levels compared to previous games.

Quote: bladewolf

Quote: Drawdler
Lacking on-foot combat.

Quote: Drek95

Vehicles are mandatory to simply play the game, they take away too much on-foot action and are required to progress.

Too little on-foot content as well. .

Simply put: I agree with all of these. The forced vehicle-driving segments wedged into most of the story levels just left SuperChargers feeling disjointed. If the driving stuff had been reserved for only the Pandergast area and sidequest/side-activity "challenges", then that would have been just fine. SuperChargers is the first and only Skylanders game that (at least in my opinion) felt like it made no difference whether you owned 2 Skylanders or 20 Skylanders. It really did not matter who drives the vehicles, and the non-driving parts were WAY too focused on jumping/bouncing around, rather than Skylanders combat.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 16:30:50 14/02/2016
Quote: BahamutBreaker

Tell us the one thing in Superchargers (only one thing) that you liked the least/disliked the most.
For me, it is the fact that there are very few on-foot combat sections in the Story levels compared to previous games.

Lacking on-foot combat.

Simply put: I agree with all of these. The forced vehicle-driving segments wedged into most of the story levels just left SuperChargers feeling disjointed. If the driving stuff had been reserved for only the Pandergast area and sidequest/side-activity "challenges", then that would have been just fine. SuperChargers is the first and only Skylanders game that (at least in my opinion) felt like it made no difference whether you owned 2 Skylanders or 20 Skylanders. It really did not matter who drives the vehicles, and the non-driving parts were WAY too focused on jumping/bouncing around, rather than Skylanders combat.

I'll add on to this- The vehicles can go die in a fire.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#14 Posted: 16:32:07 14/02/2016

To add to this, my Power Blue Trigger Happy was level 15 by the time I was done throwing stones in the wishing well to get enough gold for the Soul Gem.
---
Dead
jdavplay Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#15 Posted: 16:37:12 14/02/2016
Mine would be, how co-op took a major hit in fun with all of the vehicle sections. It is simply annoying to just be driving or manning weapons. If vehicular action was the chief focus, in our household's opinion the levels should have been designed around potential use of two vehicles.
#16 Posted: 16:42:33 14/02/2016
Quote: jdavplay
Mine would be, how co-op took a major hit in fun with all of the vehicle sections. It is simply annoying to just be driving or manning weapons. If vehicular action was the chief focus, in our household's opinion the levels should have been designed around potential use of two vehicles.

The levels are definately big enough for two cars, the argument from the devs was that two vehicles is too much to switch around constantly,which is why that option is racing only. I do agree you'll slap them around a lot if you're in a harder mode, but really, that can be said for any big figure in the portal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:42:57 14/02/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#17 Posted: 17:20:51 14/02/2016
I guess my least favorite thing about the game is that they kind of nixed some backwards compatibility with the traps and the magic items. I mean, there were times when I just got out of a rough battle and put down the Healing Elixir on the portal only for it to say "YOU GOT A NEW STATUE FOR THE ACADEMY" instead of heal me up, and the fact that I can only play as my golden waifu in a side mode (in the races of my least favorite terrain nonetheless) is something I vote thumbs down on.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:21:36 14/02/2016 by AdamGregory03
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#18 Posted: 18:06:52 14/02/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I guess my least favorite thing about the game is that they kind of nixed some backwards compatibility with the traps and the magic items. I mean, there were times when I just got out of a rough battle and put down the Healing Elixir on the portal only for it to say "YOU GOT A NEW STATUE FOR THE ACADEMY" instead of heal me up, and the fact that I can only play as my golden waifu in a side mode (in the races of my least favorite terrain nonetheless) is something I vote thumbs down on.

It would have been better if they gave you the statue in the academy, but also gave it extra functioality in levels. Maybe if you put it on the portal in levels it would spawn the healing elixirs in vehicle sections, or whatever other power-up you are using.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#19 Posted: 22:02:09 14/02/2016
Forced vehicle gimmick, the 40/50 SuperCharge Quests...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#20 Posted: 01:27:06 15/02/2016
I really hated the elemental vehicle zones because I myself don't own any fire, tech or the only dark vehicle in the game. I share the use of some vehicles with my brother and this has caused me issues of needing a vehicle for said elements. There needs to be more equality next game for each element to prevent more lop sided scenarios like this.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#21 Posted: 02:49:55 15/02/2016
The lack of on foot battling for me as well.

I brought EE Ghost Roaster the other day, because I think he looks really cool, and then immediately had buyers remorse when I got home and realised there is nothing for an ordinary Skylander to do let along an Elite one. So they've released half a dozen EE Skylanders with nothing to do until hopefully game 7!
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#22 Posted: 17:58:56 15/02/2016
It still had fun elements, but overall it was a terribly put together game. A huge step backwards.

The racing should have been an alternate mode only, with optional story uses for the vehicles. The prices of the figures, packs, etc was ridiculous. They very arrogantly and ignorantly released a game in a now competitive market...without being competitive. Especially when quality has gotten so poor on the figures.

Hopefully the next game keeps the racing to strictly optional/alternate modes.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#23 Posted: 19:58:40 15/02/2016
Tied: the forced land vehicle sections and the horrid steering in arena-esque areas
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#24 Posted: 21:29:28 15/02/2016
the vehicles... it was the worst thing that happen to a skylanders game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:52 15/02/2016 by CountMoneyBone
#25 Posted: 22:16:23 15/02/2016
Pretty sure "everything" suits you better,CMB.
---
SirZim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1237
#26 Posted: 01:03:46 16/02/2016
The thing I like least is console exclusive figures.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#27 Posted: 05:34:04 17/02/2016
the FORCED vehicle sections, particularly the "fight" against The Darkness....

The vehicles themselves aren't necessarily bad, but when the focus of the game is on the vehicles instead of the Skylanders themselves it becomes a problem....

also not fond of:

trophies to unlock races instead of new Adventure Packs
the clearly tacked on races in the main game ( the actual Racing game is great though )
magic items, adventure items and battle items only unlocking legendary treasures
traps only granting an elemental attack for a short time
Skystones....always HATE that minigame....come up with something new guys, PLEASE
forcing us to read a comic book to fill in the gap between Trap Team & Superchargers...I should be able to get the whole story in game ffs
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#28 Posted: 09:24:53 17/02/2016
There were a lot of things I didn't like about SuperChargers, I couldn't pick just one.

• The vehicles in general were a stupid idea.
  • Post-game is just racing, racing and more racing.
  • BIG. BUBBLE. POP. FIZZ. ****. YOU.
  • The Darkness. I hated the whole "I'm a giant talking rock monster, fear me!" direction they went with.
  • The Power Blue variants. Autism Lies? Seriously?! Next time, pick a sponsor that does something RIGHT.
  • Non-SuperCharger Skylanders are pretty much useless. Sure, they still work, but there's no real reason to use them.
  • ---
    Meh.
    #29 Posted: 11:47:01 17/02/2016
    Quote: BahamutBreaker

Lacking on-foot combat.

Am I the only one who feels like there is a balance between the on-foot and vehicle sections? I feel the levels still have a lot of on-foot (Especially the Titan one) and there are 2 levels with no vehicles whatsoever. I feel that there are more on-foot sections than you give this game credit for.
    #30 Posted: 12:18:13 17/02/2016
    Well, there is some balance between on-foot and vehicles inside the Story Mode... But outside of that, it's all about racing, vehicle arenas and Vehicle Elemental Gates/Spercharged Quests, Expansion Packs included.

The two levels you mentioned are basically layouts which have been used inside the Story Mode but have essentially been made to act as randomized levels (they are very often parts of daily quests).
    Plus... Those levels are kinda short and limited: one is battling and the other platforming and puzzle solving with occasional enemies.

When I talk about on-foot gameplay I'm referring to exploration as well and I find that quite lacking in this game.
    If only Land areas were optional as well this game would have had an almost perfect balance in my opinion; each Land area which isn't open is just a way to cut actual on-foot action in my opinion.
    There is racing for races.
    ---
    ”Gulp, lunch time!”
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:21:36 17/02/2016 by Drek95
    #31 Posted: 12:20:37 17/02/2016
    Ok. I understand. The extras are however optional and if you don't want to do them you don't have to.
    #32 Posted: 12:23:48 17/02/2016
    But there isn't any option for those who don't like them; you either really like vehicles or are pretty much done once Story Mode is completed.
    ---
    ”Gulp, lunch time!”
    #33 Posted: 12:30:10 17/02/2016
    Quote: GigaCamo

Am I the only one who feels like there is a balance between the on-foot and vehicle sections? I feel the levels still have a lot of on-foot (Especially the Titan one) and there are 2 levels with no vehicles whatsoever. I feel that there are more on-foot sections than you give this game credit for.

And there's a level with Land vehicles only for the main content and the several levels with two Land sections. It feels great and balanced on the first time, definately not on replays. Monstrous Isles is a good example, the first time where you're exploring it's fun and all but on a replay there's literally nothing to do onfoot but the boss battles.
    ---
    #34 Posted: 12:58:05 17/02/2016
    Monstrous Isles is such a shame because from concept art you can see they were planning more than OMG KAIJU GIMMICK. It was actually water element themed too, not Fire/Earth iirc as it is now. Still not underwater but it was pretty much an Atlantis level.
    The section before Thunder Tow is easily the worst part of the game too. Worse than forced vehicles,it's one that just DRAGS because for some reason everything that you'd destroy in one hit now gets tons of health and you just spin around like an idiot to destroy the castles.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:59:12 17/02/2016 by Bifrost
    #35 Posted: 13:15:32 17/02/2016
    Vehicle section, the one where you have to destroy the entire city. The onfoot one is just chill like the rest of the level,wouldn't be bad if it wasn't the majority.

The vehicle bosses are bad but hardly the worst part of the game since they seem kinda designed for Hot Streak and Burn Cycle. Actually, a ton of the sections seem to be made with Hot Streak or the co-op gameplay in mind instead of the other options, mostly the enemy placement and hazards.
    ---
    angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
    #36 Posted: 13:34:28 17/02/2016
    Quote: GigaCamo

And there's a level with Land vehicles only for the main content and the several levels with two Land sections. It feels great and balanced on the first time, definately not on replays. Monstrous Isles is a good example, the first time where you're exploring it's fun and all but on a replay there's literally nothing to do onfoot but the boss battles.

That's so true. The first time I play through I was like "is not that bad, there is a decent amount of on foot gameplay", but after beating it, you see that there is not really anything to do apart from racing. Imo driving is fun, but it shouldn't have taken so much share of the overall gameplay and they should have also included some side modes which didn't involve driving.

I insist on pvp online (either 1 player vs 1 player or few players vs few players) having so much potential, it would have add a lot of replay value to the game. The combat mechanics have always been greatly implemented in the franchise, using those to fight other payers or even create a sort of MOBA (including towers, fortress and a small army to control) would be, imo, a great way to go. Games like league of legends, dota 2 and last of us online are titles which lasts a lot because they implemented great ways to pvp.

Skylanders has the combat mechanics, it has online capabilities...just a step away fullfiling the potential to become a reference title for the whole industry. I truly believe it could become a great moba, let's hope a mediocre gimmick doesn't prevent it from taking off. It feels it could be much much greater.
    ---
    Life sucks...and then you die.
    newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
    #37 Posted: 17:02:12 17/02/2016 | Topic Creator
    Forced gimmick (mandatory Land sections): 7
    Not enough on-foot action : 6
    Vehicles gimmick: 2
    Racing: 1
    No PvP arena battles: 1
    Traps and Magic Items reduced utility: 1
    Console exclusive characters: 1
    Elemental Vehicle Zones: 1
    Random loot : 1
    Hard to find Gold: 1
    ---
    bye
    tPaperBomb Red Sparx Gems: 87
    #38 Posted: 18:10:03 17/02/2016
    Vehicles in general
    Arena Battles ;-;
    Elemental zones
    magic items
    on foot action
    The antagonist (darkness)
    ---
    Current Main Skylander: Fling Kong! smilie
    Skylanders collection count: 45
    1 magic item, 3 vehicles.
    ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
    #39 Posted: 22:49:58 17/02/2016
    The lack of on-foot combat and the forced land vehicle sections were really annoying at times
    ---
    Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
    emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
    #40 Posted: 11:52:09 18/02/2016
    The boss battles. They just weren't that good
    ---
    Soon.
    Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
    #41 Posted: 18:53:55 18/02/2016
    I have more than one.
    I don't remember there being any actual boss battles that I enjoyed. This was mostly due to the fact that they were pretty much vehicles. When actually on foot with Kaos, it was my least favorite Kaos fight as it felt too basic to me. The fact that the Darkness was in vehicle and that it was also repetitive made it worse. What I'm saying is that there wasn't enough on-foot gameplay, just like everyone else. I don't want to sound too negative, but I didn't get any feel from it and I didn't even find it all that enjoyable. One thing that I can praise is the storyline, it had a stronger story and a huge improvement from the previous titles. The cutscenes were great too. I didn't enjoy the gameplay or the Darkness, but the story definitely had it.
    ---
    Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
    #42 Posted: 19:11:39 18/02/2016
    Spellslamzer was a pretty good onfoot fight, but depending on the Skylander it gets waaaayy too button mashy since his only defense is to split into other spell punks, which you can keep mashing on anyway. Beachcomber is slightly better but also way shortner and with less attack variety. Best one was probably Thunder Tow but the arena was pretty boring. Walruses and Brimstone and Boulders are literally hit until dead,so they barely count.
    ---
    Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
    #43 Posted: 10:10:34 19/02/2016
    overall I finished Superchargers yesterday (was waiting for Bone Bash as she was meant to be my undead skylander and she also turned out to be my favorite Supercharger just love her) and honestly I think the better question is what do I like about Superchargers?

I assume i'm going to go with what everyone else is pointing towards not enough walking but I thought this was generally something bad with VV console skylander games with Swap Force every few steps you were running into a very boring swap zone mission and that took up most of the mission but since you could easily just walk past them unlike here you are forced to play these very annoying and un-fun vehicle missions.

I also feel that Older Skylanders got shoved aside even more then Trap Team.

However easily there are two things I Love about Superchargers and they are it's simple to level yourself up to 20 very fast and since it's not as buggy and crashing like trap team it'll be easy to level up all my skylanders to 20 now.
    BUT BEST FEATURE of all in the series! FINALLY CAN SWITCH PATHS FOR ALL SKYLANDERS!!!!!!!! who now needs a series 2 of any skylander when you finally have this feature? But now I have to shake my head at those skylanders I bought a 2nd of just so i could take them down another path. But now I can try other paths on the other skylanders too..
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:05:04 19/02/2016 by Street50
    #44 Posted: 10:38:46 19/02/2016
    You can level up way too fast though. Was literally dodging enemy XP for Nightfall while trying to get some gold since I just wanted to leave her with Bad Hair Day otherwise she'd get to level 20 as soon as she touched a chest.(doing a start-from-zero level replay run of the games so I want everyone training at the same rate)
    ---
    AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
    #45 Posted: 14:24:02 19/02/2016
    You can level up way too fast though. Was literally dodging enemy XP for Nightfall while trying to get some gold since I just wanted to leave her with Bad Hair Day otherwise she'd get to level 20 as soon as she touched a chest.(doing a start-from-zero level replay run of the games so I want everyone training at the same rate)

Yeah, I know right? I once completed the Magic Zone with BB Pop Fizz and my reward was a hat... And him being Level 16 even though I only bought like two upgrades for him! The gold to XP ratio in this game is seriously off.
    ---
    Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
    Check this out! Please?
    Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
    #46 Posted: 03:20:58 27/02/2016
    Biggest gripe for me is the lack of TRUE usage of the previous play sets from SSA to STT. They're used more as decoration and extra gold. Should've made them into having extra tracks.
    Lack of use for the traps, pushing aside the older figures, and.......crap.
    Had a smilie moment. Must of drank too much soda with my dinner.
    ---
    " Am I the mad one or are you?"
    then, again, "we're all mad here
    "
    Page 1 of 2 | Last
    1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me