Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Custom Trap Box [CLOSED]
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#1 Posted: 04:35:21 07/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Finally completed my custom trap box. Only thing left is to add LEDs and some custom artwork for the villains to go on the lid

Before:

[User Posted Image]

After:

[User Posted Image]

Traps:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

More pics here http://imgur.com/a/6hPKd
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 04:39:57 07/02/2016
Whoa, amazing work, looks better than the official one! ;)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#3 Posted: 13:53:12 07/02/2016
That's awesome! I love how you painted some traps to have a stone-look to them!

Also, would you mind telling me how you got those Yawn Traps? I've been looking for them forever.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#4 Posted: 16:21:13 07/02/2016
I bet he lives in Australia mate.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#5 Posted: 16:40:05 07/02/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

Also, would you mind telling me how you got those Yawn Traps? I've been looking for them forever.

Australia where the yawn traps run rampant!
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#6 Posted: 18:18:41 07/02/2016
Lucky. Here in the states, it's impossible!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#7 Posted: 18:28:20 07/02/2016
Wow, that's incredible! Looks like you got every trap there is, or most of them at least. And those silver ones are custom-painted ones, right?

I should get or make a better trap box. I have a wooden dollar store one and with a bit of crafting I made it so that I can fit one trap of each element. But I want to try and find one which I could make for all villains one day. I think I have a picture of my box... Oh, here it is. Damn that 3DS quality back then...

[User Posted Image]
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#8 Posted: 18:48:02 07/02/2016
Very pretty collection. Why the duplicate hawk and spider traps, though?
---
Boop me if you see this.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#9 Posted: 20:39:27 07/02/2016
Looks realy cool bro....wish i had the Yawn Teaps...they are no where to be found here in the States. I to was going to build a custom lighted Trap box....but since i can't get the Yawn Traps i haven't made it yet. (hopefully one day i will get the 3 of them....doubt it...but one can hope)

Even made a pic to put on the inside of the lid. smilie
[User Posted Image]

Blasted Activision....sure wish they would pull them out of that warehouse they have them in, an distribute them to the stores. Cause i know they have them...if you have ever seen these factories you would know theres no way they would make only a few 100 ...thats not how production works.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:46:16 07/02/2016 by Phoenix_Lord
#10 Posted: 21:10:59 07/02/2016
I'd be happy if they simply pulled more light and dark traps in general out of their warehouses. It's not right that you can't play as those villains without dropping nearly a hundred dollars just for those two little pieces of plastic.
---
Boop me if you see this.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#11 Posted: 22:17:11 07/02/2016
I'd stick to the secondhand bin/shelf at my EB Games. I found some really good finds put up at high values even used. And for only $3-$8. That's where I got Ghost Roaster, Boomer, Nitro Magna-Charge, and Red Drill Sergeant within the previous month.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:43 07/02/2016 by LameLime
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#12 Posted: 00:19:50 08/02/2016
looks nice, honestly i liked it better before painting it but thats just me, i like the natural wood style.
#13 Posted: 01:11:18 08/02/2016
Quote: LameLime
I'd stick to the secondhand bin/shelf at my EB Games. I found some really good finds put up at high values even used. And for only $3-$8. That's where I got Ghost Roaster, Boomer, Nitro Magna-Charge, and Red Drill Sergeant within the previous month.

With the actual Skylanders themselves I see a lot of variety in Gamestop's used section (I even found Spotlight and Blackout recently), but I don't think I've ever seen a used trap that wasn't a water or life trap, heck most of the new traps are water with a select few others mixed in. I've never seen dark or light traps at all in the wild.

I'm guessing most of the used traps in the world must be just sitting at the bottom of kids' toyboxes, forgotten about.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:18 08/02/2016 by Muffin Man
#14 Posted: 02:39:06 08/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Whoa, amazing work, looks better than the official one! smilie

hahaha cheers, although I do like the official one, especially the US version. I just wanted a container to neatly have them all smilie

Quote: Chompy-King257

The traps were painted to look like the traptanium, unfortunately, I don't have the talent to do that and they were painted by Eric Sorrels (sp?)

Re: yawn traps, as mentioned by other members, I am from Australia and I purchased them back in May when they were released. I wish I had known they weren't ever going to be released anywhere else in the world....

Quote: LameLime
Wow, that's incredible! Looks like you got every trap there is, or most of them at least. And those silver ones are custom-painted ones, right?

That's every single trap released for trap team (including all variants and preloaded). As mentioned above, the customs are the preloaded ones and I wanted to differentiate the preloaded over the normal ones

Quote: Muffin Man
Very pretty collection. Why the duplicate hawk and spider traps, though?

Because Activision in their wise wisdom decided to have 4 villains of the elements that only have 3 different shapes whilst other elements with 6 shapes had 3 or 4 villains... SMH

Quote: Alphawolf
looks nice, honestly i liked it better before painting it but thats just me, i like the natural wood style.

Had this been made of hardwood, I would have kept it raw and just lacquered, however, raw MDF is not appealing for me.

For my lid, I've created this custom artwork

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:49 08/02/2016 by mR_CaESaR
#15 Posted: 05:37:17 08/02/2016
Once you put that pic on the lid and maybe the logo on the two ends it will look very cool. And i agree--hardwood...yes..lacquered, MDF...most definitely painted. Also i wanted to get another Light an Dark Trap for the fourth villain, but they never released any more after that small first shipment.
---
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#16 Posted: 00:14:25 10/02/2016
Ring up and beg Activision for some Yawn Traps. Tel them they weren't released in the U.S. You might be lucky you might not.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#17 Posted: 04:49:23 29/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Update to the box... LEDs have now been added smilie

#18 Posted: 07:38:20 29/04/2016
Damn you're making me jealous.
---
Boop me if you see this.
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#19 Posted: 08:45:50 29/04/2016
Quote: mR_CaESaR
Update to the box... LEDs have now been added smilie

Now you can play in the dark and know what Trap you're grabbing, LMAO!
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#20 Posted: 15:26:29 26/05/2016
Quote: SilverWolf2308
Ring up and beg Activision for some Yawn Traps. Tel them they weren't released in the U.S. You might be lucky you might not.

Calling Activision dose me no good...i have tried many times. Have worded it many different ways...the rep's on the phone says almost the same thing as the last one...(i guess Activision gave them a script to read from now concerning the Yawn Traps)

Anyways Your box looks sweet bro smilie ...was going to put LED's in mine also(looks like im not going to build it..i hate an incomplete collection smilie )
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me