Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What is so wrong... [CLOSED]
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1 Posted: 03:55:21 07/02/2016 | Topic Creator
What is so wrong with seeking attention?
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#2 Posted: 04:11:18 07/02/2016
T____T
#3 Posted: 04:12:47 07/02/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm being serious here, this a topic of why people sees it like a bad thing.
#4 Posted: 04:17:57 07/02/2016
Well personally I don't think it's a bad thing, I just think it's annoying and pointless. Ironically I can't really go against it, because I sometimes do it. If people are attention seeking people will normally just stay away from them and not give them any attention. But it all depends on what attention seeking you're talking about. (ei, for good causes, to get messages out OR in a greedy, loser-ish way *cough* fine brothers *cough*)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:18:35 07/02/2016 by whirlwind fan
#5 Posted: 04:21:15 07/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Like people don't even talked to you or reply to you.
#6 Posted: 04:23:04 07/02/2016
Because they don't want to feed the attention seekers.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:25:57 07/02/2016 by whirlwind fan
#7 Posted: 04:25:18 07/02/2016 | Topic Creator
But people want to be feel that they care for you.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#8 Posted: 04:29:45 07/02/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey
But people want to be feel that they care for you.

Seeking attention is the wrong way to do that.
#9 Posted: 04:31:35 07/02/2016
Seeking attention ruins your chances tbh. Just be kind to them and they'll hopefully like you.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#10 Posted: 07:22:55 07/02/2016
If you're seeking more attention than you need, that's when it's considered negative. We all want attention, it's the amount you want and the reason you want it that can make it positive or negative.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#11 Posted: 10:08:46 07/02/2016
I have never done anything in my life other than ask for attention it is all I care for
---
cry baby, I am
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#12 Posted: 13:25:59 07/02/2016
"I feel I'm more important than anyone and that they should stop what they're doing and listen to me! If they're not,that means I'm not being noisy enough,so I'll just scrub up some flamewar so they talk to me, and probably insult whoever won't care no matter what because they're not important anymore! I'm entitled to other people paying attention to things I do or say, because I like that! I love having friends, but I'll just drop them as soon as they stop answering for a small amount of time, I'm sure they won't mind!"

In a word,a spoiled brat or person everyone regrets talking to,so eventually they'll just ignore the target altogether. That's all I'm going to post today, didn't see anyone talking about how it feels when you're on the other side of the issue, and I don't want to get into these topics again.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#13 Posted: 19:51:21 07/02/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm not seeking attention i just want to know why is SO wrong with it. It seems that is a bad thing and that you should NEVER do it, don't you think someone wants attention beacuse they don't have no one to talk with?
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#14 Posted: 21:02:53 07/02/2016
There are different ways one can seek attention. Flame wars is one but I'm not going to mention a situation involving that.
Honestly, if somebody is going through a hard time, I want to be there for them as they are for me. However, there are people I've come across who have said that none of his friends care about them. Yet I can see their friends trying so hard to be there all the time as they feel they have no other choice.
Anyway, every experience I've had was negative.
I had no idea what to do but keep on saying things as I didn't want to upset whoever I'm talking to, in case they are actually being truthful. It isn't nice being the one who has to do that in a situation.
Due to things like that, some people who really need help can't say anything anymore, because it will just get lost in the sea of negative attention seekers nowadays.

I'm not going to enter this topic again due to reasons, but I just wished to share my personal thoughts on the matter.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#15 Posted: 21:29:35 07/02/2016
The problem is when people seek attention without earning attention.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#16 Posted: 07:07:40 08/02/2016
It honestly depends on how they go about it. Normally, trying to start up a topic or talk to people or actually like get out and be noticed, sure, that's one thing. But when one jumps up on a rock, shout out "Here I am! Love me!" It makes them seem self-centered and like they're just in need of a spotlight, not really caring about anyone else. Same goes for just shouting out something controversial or profane to watch chaos erupt from it. That only leads to the person looking like a jerk who once again doesn't care about anyone but themselves and instead only wants to watch the world burn and get credit for it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#17 Posted: 16:03:58 09/02/2016 | Topic Creator
People should learn that seeking attention isn't bad and people need to understand there's people feel ignored by people.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:04:36 09/02/2016 by KeybasHedKey
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#18 Posted: 17:49:58 10/02/2016
People should learn that seeking attention isn't bad and people need to understand there's people feel ignored by people.

If they feel ignored and are trying to reach out to actually have someone to talk to, that's one thing. Starting up trouble and demanding attention simply to have everyone's eyes on them only makes the individual look conceited and selfish, not like someone who's sad and alone.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#19 Posted: 08:19:19 12/02/2016
What is so wrong with seeking attention?

The question you should really be asking is, "How do I go about looking for said attention?" It's not so much about seeking attention, but how you convey and garner attention. It is also very context-dependent.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#20 Posted: 10:45:20 12/02/2016
That depends. If you're an asshole, then you're a parasite that wants to remind others of you when people want the opposite. I'm surrounded by annoying assholes all the time who love to say annoying things, saying them over and over, they love hearing themselves speak and they always want the last word even if they were in the wrong. Hence why I hate Snow from Final Fantasy XIII or AlphaOmegaSin because they remind me of people I know in real life that are as obnoxious.

The thing is if I don't these people, then I want to block them as much as possible and concentrate on things I do like but they're extremely persistent.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:46:31 12/02/2016 by StevemacQ
#21 Posted: 03:35:58 16/02/2016 | Topic Creator
You always see it like a BAD THING and it's NOT!
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#22 Posted: 03:49:59 16/02/2016
It depends on the attention and how it is given. I myself find it a tad annoying, but that's just me.
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#23 Posted: 03:59:54 16/02/2016
You're a woman why did you seek this attention? You DEMANDING attention IS a bad thing. If you would have been nice, if you didn't think your opinion was the only good opinion, if you would have respected others and their opinions then maybe just maybe you would have respect and others might talk with you. You need to face the fact that you and only you are to blame for this, not us. I suggest you think about what I just said and even tho I don't claim to be right all the time, I think you need to at least think about it. Attention seeking is bad, so you need to stop asking for attention cause it will be negative attention.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#24 Posted: 04:00:54 17/02/2016

That depends on how you go about this.

If you're way of seeking attention to see if people care about you is to threaten suicide or harm to yourself and/or others then people aren't going to want to hear this "attention seeking isn't bad" speech. People are eventually going to become numb to it and then when you're actually in a pickle or a dark place people won't take you very seriously.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#25 Posted: 11:02:38 17/02/2016
Trying to continue reasoning isn't going to work in this topic anymore,she already ragequit again because people disagreed with her. Which is exactly what I brought up in my post but hey if you see people as tools that make you happy you're not going to listen to them anyway.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me